PDA

View Full Version : Live chat with Brandon Spano of Mile High Sports Radio at 12:00 p.m. MST Thursday on BroncosForums

Tned
12-28-2011, 10:14 PM
At 12:00 PM Mountain time on Thursday, 12/29, Brandon Spano, the host of the Brandon Spano show on Mile High Sports Radio (AM 1510 / FM 93.7) will be on BroncosForums for a live Q&A and chat.

Brandon not only hosts his nightly show on Mile High Sports, but also sits in the press box during Broncos games and is at the Dove Valley locker room 2-3 days a week (they open it to reporters three days a week).

He'll be here to answer questions that we might have, as well as have a general discussion about the Broncos. Also, if you have questions you would like him to ask of the coaches or players at the pressers and during open locker room sessions, this chat is the perfect place to ask.

This thread will be locked until shortly before 12:00 PM MST Thursday, and then will be opened for the chat with Brandon. Brandon will be on at 3:00, but will also check back in during the rest of the afternoon to chat with us about the Broncos.

Tned
12-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Ok, a bit of rescheduling. Brandon will be filling in on the Mac and Doog from 3:00 to 6:00, so we are rescheduling him to noon today (Mountain time).

Tned
12-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Ok, let's welcome Brandon to BroncosForums and get some Broncos talk going.

I want to know who asked Fox earlier in the week the question about "the best chance to win."

Also, if we lose, and I sure as hell hope we don't, I think Brandon or someone should say, "coach, in hindsight, do you think the Broncos should have kept Kyle, because he would have given the Broncos the best chance to win?"

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 01:58 PM
What is up Broncos country!?

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:01 PM
What is up Broncos country!?

All hoping for, but afraid to get hopes about, a playoff appearance.

What's your prediction for Sunday's game?

Davii
12-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Welcome Brandon! I hope you enjoyed Christmas!

Any "inside" info on Dawkins' neck injury?

MOtorboat
12-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey Brandon, has anyone asked the handful of guys left from 07, 08 and 09 about the similarities/differences from those lockerrooms to this lockerroom in terms of attitude heading into a final make or break game?

I ask, because we all know how bad Game 16 turned out for the Broncos in those three seasons...

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Welcome Brandon! I hope you enjoyed Christmas!

Any "inside" info on Dawkins' neck injury?

Well, you definitely won't see him this week and probably not for the rest of th season. Unfortunately for Dawkins, this one might end his career.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:08 PM
All hoping for, but afraid to get hopes about, a playoff appearance.

What's your prediction for Sunday's game?

I like the Broncos in a very close one. People talk about the chance that Orton has to beat Tebow and the Broncos and how that might motivate him, but I can't see that guy getting up for anything. Same old, same old from ol' Kyle Orton, I'm afraid. I think this is the week that Von gets back on track also.

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Well, you definitely won't see him this week and probably not for the rest of th season. Unfortunately for Dawkins, this one might end his career.

I've been a little out of touch the last couple weeks, even went AWOL from his forum. I didn't realize the injury was that bad. Compared to last year, he really had a resurgent year. Sure hope he can come back from this.

pnbronco
12-29-2011, 02:10 PM
How do you see our D line matching up with KC running game right now?

Also do you think the KC D will try to have our O beat them in the air?

Thank you for spending some time with us.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey Brandon, has anyone asked the handful of guys left from 07, 08 and 09 about the similarities/differences from those lockerrooms to this lockerroom in terms of attitude heading into a final make or break game?

I ask, because we all know how bad Game 16 turned out for the Broncos in those three seasons...

That's a terrific question. One that I could even ask this afternoon. I can tell you that a lot of guys feel more united as a team than they ever have before. They believe in each other and it sounds corny, but they love each other. This is a very close knit team.

I don't think they are thinking about the previous let downs at all.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Don't have a question (yet) just glad you could spend some time with us, Brandon. 'preciate it!

pnbronco
12-29-2011, 02:12 PM

If it does, is there any chance he would stay in Denver and try to be a Coach?

I really hate to read this, the man is beyond special.

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:13 PM
That's a terrific question. One that I could even ask this afternoon. I can tell you that a lot of guys feel more united as a team than they ever have before. They believe in each other and it sounds corny, but they love each other. This is a very close knit team.

I know i have heard Lindsay talk (on your show) about how much better the 'feel' of the locker room is now, compared to the McDaniels years. Hopefully, that tight locker room will help get them back on track and not have another lose three straight to miss the playoffs scenario.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 02:14 PM
My feeling is Orton's salary was a only benefit of letting him go, and not the real reason. What say you/your connections with the Broncos?

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
If it does, is there any chance he would stay in Denver and try to be a Coach?

I really hate to read this, the man is beyond special.

Brandon, Pn here is a regular both during training camp and all the Broncos games. I'm pretty that in her case she really would bleed orange and blue if cut.

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:17 PM
My feeling is Orton's salary was a only benefit of letting him go, and not the real reason. What say you/your connections with the Broncos?

Yea, while there is a lot of talk about letting him go, because it was good for kyle, sure seems like saving the $2.5 million was the main motivation.

If Orton has a good game and knocks the Broncos out of the playoffs, there will be a TON of criticism of the front office for that move.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:17 PM
How do you see our D line matching up with KC running game right now?

Also do you think the KC D will try to have our O beat them in the air?

Thank you for spending some time with us.

Honestly I don't like Denver's D line matching up with most running games. starting and backup running backs have all had success running against this team. The one thing Denver has been good at (for the most part) is their redzone defense. We all know that Orton is awful in red zone situations and believe it or not he's been even worse in the redzone in KC. With that said, It's okay if Denver gives up yardage on the ground as long as they don't allow the big play and make KC kick field goals.

2nd question: I do think that KC packs the box and tries to make Denver throw. In order for the Broncos to succeed in stopping the Chiefs on offense they have to run clock, which means run the football. I like Denver's ability to run the ball on this Chiefs team whether or not KC stacks the box. The pass is much more effective for Tebow/Broncos when it used sparingly for big plays.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Yea, while there is a lot of talk about letting him go, because it was good for kyle, sure seems like saving the $2.5 million was the main motivation.

If Orton has a good game and knocks the Broncos out of the playoffs, there will be a TON of criticism of the front office for that move.

The other radio hosts (one dip-**** in particular) will have a field day.

Davii
12-29-2011, 02:19 PM
I know i have heard Lindsay talk (on your show) about how much better the 'feel' of the locker room is now, compared to the McDaniels years. Hopefully, that tight locker room will help get them back on track and not have another lose three straight to miss the playoffs scenario.

Most Bronco fans right now are, let's just say a tad "worried" about this scenario.

Brandon, is there any particular reason we don't see adjustments on offense until after the half? It seems we push the exact same agenda the entire first half (2nd quarter woes anyone?), and make some adjustments at the halftime only.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Well, pnbronco, I love the idea of Dawkins coaching. He would be amazing at it. I can honestly say that i have never been in the same room with somebody that makes me feel like Dawkins does. With that said, most guys take a few years off before they go into coaching, if they do.

And yes Tned, You're right. This locker room is just that. I have a tough time seeing them fall apart.

NightTerror218
12-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Do you think they will try more read option plays like last time they played KC rather then more traditional?

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:25 PM

I have to agree 100%. The Broncos didn't let him go earlier because if nobody picked him up then they would still have to pay him 2.6 million. Once Cassel and Cutler went out for the year, the Broncos knew he would be picked up and dropped him like a bad habit. They saved 2.6 million, but if they miss the playoffs, it will cost them around 30 million in playoff revenue.

Stupid move by the Broncos brass.

MOtorboat
12-29-2011, 02:26 PM

We all know the obvious Tebow-factor here, but I've been beginning to wonder if there is a Miller-factor there too.

Even as a rookie, has he taken on a leadership role?

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Most Bronco fans right now are, let's just say a tad "worried" about this scenario.

Brandon, is there any particular reason we don't see adjustments on offense until after the half? It seems we push the exact same agenda the entire first half (2nd quarter woes anyone?), and make some adjustments at the halftime only.

This might the first week where you see a specific game plan that is schemed towards the opponents specific defense. You have to realize that they had no game film on what these defenses were going to do against the read option because nobody has ran it on a full time basis in 50 years. lol. Now they have film of the Chiefs defending it and the Patriots (which is the same exact D as the Chiefs use)

This gives them an upper hand.

pnbronco
12-29-2011, 02:31 PM
I have to agree 100%. The Broncos didn't let him go earlier because if nobody picked him up then they would still have to pay him 2.6 million. Once Cassel and Cutler went out for the year, the Broncos knew he would be picked up and dropped him like a bad habit. They saved 2.6 million, but if they miss the playoffs, it will cost them around 30 million in playoff revenue.

Wow I had no idea that playoff revenue is that much. Would they get that much if we only made it through the first round?

Also I had heard that they may make the trade deadline later in the season. Is there any truth to that?

Thank you again for your time.

I understand that being a Coach is brutal on their time and I think I remember that Dawkins has younger children. I've just never been around a man that makes me believe I can do anything. I hope the FO finds a way to keep him around even if it to create a new job.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Do you think they will try more read option plays like last time they played KC rather then more traditional?

They ran the ball over 50 times the last time they played the Chiefs. They won't do that again. But I do think they run it as much as possible. When it's time to pass though, the Broncos HAVE to execute. That's been a big problem. WR's not catching or Tebow being off.

Bottomline: This team has tried to go conventional too fast. Stay with what works and dont fix something that isn't broken. Mike McCoy will need to call a MUCH better game than he did last week.

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:34 PM

I can't remember if it was on your show, but I heard a discussion of "if you ask any owner/GM in the NFL in September if they would pay $2.5 million to be guaranteed a trip to the playoffs, what would they say?" The answer was every owner/GM would pay $2.5 mil in a heartbeat, because of all the money they get from being in the playoffs.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:37 PM
We all know the obvious Tebow-factor here, but I've been beginning to wonder if there is a Miller-factor there too.

Even as a rookie, has he taken on a leadership role?

No. That's not a bad thing though. Von is not a leader, but he inspires the players around him. Sometimes when a rookie comes in and does what Von does, it motivates and rejuvenates veterans to step up.

Wesley Woodyard and Joe Mays have the two lockers on each side of Von and have been great role models for him in many aspects of the NFL life.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Wow I had no idea that playoff revenue is that much. Would they get that much if we only made it through the first round?

Also I had heard that they may make the trade deadline later in the season. Is there any truth to that?

Thank you again for your time.

I understand that being a Coach is brutal on their time and I think I remember that Dawkins has younger children. I've just never been around a man that makes me believe I can do anything. I hope the FO finds a way to keep him around even if it to create a new job.

I talked to somebody that worked in the organization about 12 years ago and they told me that 1st round playoff revenue was about 16 million then. 30 million is just my guess now. It could be more.

Thanks for having me guys!

LordTrychon
12-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey Brandon... I love your now infamous Tebow rants.

As I recall though, a lot of your commentary had to do with analysts not giving Tebow the chance to improve, and/or being otherwise hypocritical (and rightfully so).

Many analysts started to admit Tebow was making some real progress not only as a football player, but as an NFL QB as they wanted to see. There was even a few that said they felt he showed continued progress after the NE game (haven't listened as much this week).

What are your thoughts on Tebow as a passer and his growth, especially after the last few games?

Thanks for hanging with us, and keep up the solid work!

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:41 PM
I can't remember if it was on your show, but I heard a discussion of "if you ask any owner/GM in the NFL in September if they would pay $2.5 million to be guaranteed a trip to the playoffs, what would they say?" The answer was every owner/GM would pay $2.5 mil in a heartbeat, because of all the money they get from being in the playoffs.

Wasn't mine I don't think, but heck yeah. Especially after the figures that I just laid out.

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Brandon, what do you think about my boy, DJ? You, along with a number of people on here, gave me crap for thinking DJ was going to have a big game after being moved back to the weak side.

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Wasn't mine I don't think, but heck yeah. Especially after the figures that I just laid out.

I might have heard it on Sirius NFL radio.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey Brandon... I love your now infamous Tebow rants.

As I recall though, a lot of your commentary had to do with analysts not giving Tebow the chance to improve, and/or being otherwise hypocritical (and rightfully so).

Many analysts started to admit Tebow was making some real progress not only as a football player, but as an NFL QB as they wanted to see. There was even a few that said they felt he showed continued progress after the NE game (haven't listened as much this week).

What are your thoughts on Tebow as a passer and his growth, especially after the last few games?

Thanks for hanging with us, and keep up the solid work!

Thanks man. Tebow had only gotten better and better and better every single week until last week. For all we know, last week could be just the kick in the pants that he needs to go up another notch.

There is a FEW analysts that have said that they might have been looking at him the wrong way or that they have noticed him getting much better, but many are too arrogant to ever admit that they are/were wrong. Especially ex-football players who are now analysts. Not only are they the worst possible analysts that you could stick in front of a microphone, but they have had king size ego's their entire life.

Nothing like listening to a left guard who just started watching QB's 5 years ago, break down throwing motion and foot movement. Hilarious.

LordTrychon
12-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks man. Tebow had only gotten better and better and better every single week until last week. For all we know, last week could be just the kick in the pants that he needs to go up another notch.

There is a FEW analysts that have said that they might have been looking at him the wrong way or that they have noticed him getting much better, but many are too arrogant to ever admit that they are/were wrong. Especially ex-football players who are now analysts. Not only are they the worst possible analysts that you could stick in front of a microphone, but they have had king size ego's their entire life.

Nothing like listening to a left guard who just started watching QB's 5 years ago, break down throwing motion and foot movement. Hilarious.

Well, I think they're all welcome to their opinion as much as I am.... Personally, I like Stink... just think he's dead wrong about Tim. :laugh:

I'm hoping that Tim continues to improve, and eventually (hopefully early next year, if not in the playoffs this year) they'll ALL have to eat their words.

Have you been around the locker room this week? How is the atmosphere there after our first back to back losses in over two months?

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Brandon, what do you think about my boy, DJ? You, along with a number of people on here, gave me crap for thinking DJ was going to have a big game after being moved back to the weak side.

As a player, DJ had his best season as a pro. What can you say? The guy has walked the walk. Many, including me, don't like where is head is at sometimes, but you can't deny that he has been very good this season.

As a person, I'd rather eat glass than hang out with him for a day.

Tned
12-29-2011, 02:51 PM

Some of the bigger names and his biggest critiques, have moved more to a "well, I guess he's showing he can win despite his lack of skill" stance. Not really taking into account he's a young QB or that he's improving, just saying he's beating the odds despite being bad.

LordTrychon
12-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Some of the bigger names and his biggest critiques, have moved more to a "well, I guess he's showing he can win despite his lack of skill" stance. Not really taking into account he's a young QB or that he's improving, just saying he's beating the odds despite being bad.

Hoge admitted he hadn't given enough credit to the leadership and intangibles... wouldn't admit he was wrong about his ability as a passer... though to be honest, the team hasn't really given him reason to yet.

I think I heard Dilfer (I know it was a quarterback) talking about how he was showing steady improvement week to week. That's what most of us really want, more than anything. If he can just look a little better at a few things from week to week (even in a bad game like NE)... it's a great sign, IMO.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:57 PM

Exactly. It's either been that or saying that John Fox is amazing for winning with a QB like Tebow. They can't understand that it's okay to succeed, while not doing things traditionally.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Hoge admitted he hadn't given enough credit to the leadership and intangibles... wouldn't admit he was wrong about his ability as a passer... though to be honest, the team hasn't really given him reason to yet.

I think I heard Dilfer (I know it was a quarterback) talking about how he was showing steady improvement week to week. That's what most of us really want, more than anything. If he can just look a little better at a few things from week to week (even in a bad game like NE)... it's a great sign, IMO.

Yes, Trent Dilfer was sitting in front of me in the press box for the New England game and had some VERY good things to say about Timmy. I was very surprised.

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey welcome to Broncos Forums Brandon. I love your show.

I'm a little late to the party so this may have already been asked of you. I've heard that Von's cast isn't coming off anytime in the nearby future which means it wont be off for this game. Do you know if they (the team/trainers) are thinking of way to protect the hand but at the same get a little more use out of it?

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Hate this to be all Tebow, but let's face it - it is what it is :)

how much time do you think Elway will spend with Tim in the offseason? Also, let's say Elway either feels really good about his potential (progress) or doesn't. Is that time going to have a direct effect on our possibly drafting a QB and what round?

Tned
12-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Well, I think they're all welcome to their opinion as much as I am.... Personally, I like Stink... just think he's dead wrong about Tim. :laugh:

Where I've lost respect for Stink is that for the most part, he's maintained that Tebow has shown no improvement and will not improve. He has come off of that a 'little' in the last couple weeks, but mostly just stayed dug in and said he hasn't improved at all, where anyone watching could see the kid's been improving.

NightTerror218
12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
I was wondering what has happened to the Defense in the last few games? I know we have had 2 rookie safeties and rookie CB playing. But why they drop off in play. I seem to see more missed tackles and assignments, like they are less disciplined and lack of fundamentals.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Hey welcome to Broncos Forums Brandon. I love your show.

I'm a little late to the party so this may have already been asked of you. I've heard that Von's cast isn't coming off anytime in the nearby future which means it wont be off for this game. Do you know if they (the team/trainers) are thinking of way to protect the hand but at the same get a little more use out of it?

Thanks a lot!

Von told me and a few others yesterday that his cast isn't coming off until the last game of the season, when they win the Super Bowl. Seriously. He wasn't joking.

Obviously, Von's very confident.

As far as the actual cast. They practice with a new cast positioned at different angles every day so that he heals properly and is able to have the same leverage, grip, and movement when it comes off. As far as something more flexible during game time, you wont see it. The name of the game is protection, so you will see the club on until the end of the year.

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Hoge's so called mia culpa was just a back handed complement imo. I don't think he's moved one inch off of his original stance.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Hate this to be all Tebow, but let's face it - it is what it is :)

how much time do you think Elway will spend with Tim in the offseason? Also, let's say Elway either feels really good about his potential (progress) or doesn't. Is that time going to have a direct effect on our possibly drafting a QB and what round?

I have no idea. John Elway the VP is an unknown to EVERYBODY in Denver media except Woody Paige, Mike Klis, and Gil Whiteley.

All we can do is wait for KOA or national press comments

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Have you been around the locker room this week? How is the atmosphere there after our first back to back losses in over two months?

Yes, I have. I talked to a number of players yesterday that didn't even give the Bills loss the time of day. The New England loss was one that they felt like should have won. This Bills loss has them embarrassed, pissed off and knowing that this is not who they are.

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks a lot!

Von told me and a few others yesterday that his cast isn't coming off until the last game of the season, when they win the Super Bowl. Seriously. He wasn't joking.

Obviously, Von's very confident.

As far as the actual cast. They practice with a new cast positioned at different angles every day so that he heals properly and is able to have the same leverage, grip, and movement when it comes off. As far as something more flexible during game time, you wont see it. The name of the game is protection, so you will see the club on until the end of the year.

I was just wondering if maybe there was way to protect the hand but at the same time give some sort of flexability because that club is effect what he can do.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:28 PM
I was wondering what has happened to the Defense in the last few games? I know we have had 2 rookie safeties and rookie CB playing. But why they drop off in play. I seem to see more missed tackles and assignments, like they are less disciplined and lack of fundamentals.

I had two different defensive players tell me that last week was a disaster. Players hitting the wrong gaps, covering the wrong guy, biting on play action, etc.

They feel like it is all correctable.

I can't see them getting it together without Dawkins. He has everybody in the right spot and tells them what to expect. At this point you can blame a lot of the pass stuff on the safeties. I hate to say it but Rahim Moore is not playing at a fraction of what he was expected to do.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Hoge's so called mia culpa was just back handed complement imo. I don't think he's moved one inch off of his original stance.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I'll go even further and say that ESPN made him soften up on Tebow because he was making them look bad.

WTE
12-29-2011, 03:32 PM
The New England loss was one that they felt like should have won.

Wishful thinking. They weren't gonna beat the Patriots.

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes, I have. I talked to a number of players yesterday that didn't even give the Bills loss the time of day. The New England loss was one that they felt like should have won. This Bills loss has them embarrassed, pissed off and knowing that this is not who they are.

Speaking of the defense, what about our safties? It's seem the secondary just really struggling without Dawkins back there to quarterback that back end. What are they going to do if Dawkins can't go Sunday?

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Could Bruton see some time at safety this week if the other guys are still this ineffective?

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Wishful thinking. They weren't gonna beat the Patriots.

Yeah right. What was that now Brady's third win in what ten tries. Yeah it was possible for Denver to beat the Patriots.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Speaking of the defense, what about our safties? It's seem the secondary just really struggling without Dawkins back there to quarterback that back end. What are they going to do if Dawkins can't go Sunday?

Dawkins isn't going Sunday. The only answer is that the safeties have to step up. Rahim Moore has to show that he is NFL talent.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Could Bruton see some time at safety this week if the other guys are still this ineffective?

Yes, he should see a lot of time. Personnel decisions have been a head-scratcher this year. For instance, why doesn't Royal return all of the kicks when the ones he does touch end up going for big gains or TD's?

A lot of mysterious decisions have been made

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Dawkins isn't going Sunday. The only answer is that the safeties have to step up. Rahim Moore has to show that he is NFL talent.

If there was ever a game for him to start this is it.

Hey my fellow Forum mates lets not forget show Brandon some love with some Hi 5s.

JONtheBRONCO
12-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey Brandon - what happened to Julius Thomas? I heard a lot about him during training camp, but it seems like he's inactive every week. Any specific reasons? Rahim Moore didn't garner as much attention as Thomas did before the season, but he looks completely lost. What's his attitude like?

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:49 PM
It's been really awesome to chat with all of you. I am logging off at 2:00pm (in about 10 minutes) I will check in periodically to answer as many questions as I can. If you listen to my show, then you know that this is why I'm in the business. It's all about the fans. I really appreciate the opportunity to chat with you guys.

I'm going on air for almost 4 hours straight at 3:00pm. So hopefully some of you can tune in.

THANKS AGAIN!

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Thank you, Brandon. I appreciated your time with us!

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks Brandon we appreciate you joining us today. :salute: :beer:

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Hey Brandon - what happened to Julius Thomas? I heard a lot about him during training camp, but it seems like he's inactive every week. Any specific reasons? Rahim Moore didn't garner as much attention as Thomas did before the season, but he looks completely lost. What's his attitude like?

Good question. Julius Thomas is being looked at as a project with a non-football background and superior athleticism. You would think they would get him involved more.

As far as Rahim Moore and his attitude. He seems like a happy young guy who has no worries in the world and smiles all day. He's always like that. Joking around and relaxed. You can read into that multiple ways.

BrandonSpano
12-29-2011, 04:02 PM
One more thing before I get out of here. My Brian Dawkins injury statement was my opinion. Neck injuries are serious. He's officially "day to day" right now but I dont think he'll play on Sunday and because it is so late in the season, I won't be surprised if we don't see him again this year. I made the career comment strictly because of his age. We will see.

Once again, Thank you.

GEM
12-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Now that was awesome sauce!! Thanks Brandon!

Davii
12-29-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm relatively sure this is the only Bronco fan forum that gets an opportunity like this. Thank you to Brandon and Tned, but also a big thank you to all participants for making it worthwhile and giving us the chance to do this again.

Tned
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
It's been really awesome to chat with all of you. I am logging off at 2:00pm (in about 10 minutes) I will check in periodically to answer as many questions as I can. If you listen to my show, then you know that this is why I'm in the business. It's all about the fans. I really appreciate the opportunity to chat with you guys.

I'm going on air for almost 4 hours straight at 3:00pm. So hopefully some of you can tune in.

THANKS AGAIN!

Hey Brandon, thanks a bunch for doing this. Like you say, this is much like your radio program and how you interact with fans on Twitter. It's one of the reasons I enjoy listening to your show.

I think Brandon's normal show is not on tonight, because of Avs or Nuggets coverage tonight, but he's filling in for the drivetime guys. He's always fun to listen to.

He's on air today starting at 3:00 MST, and you can catch it on www.milehighsports.com, or in Denver on 1510 AM or 93.7 FM. Also, on Android and Iphone, you can download the Tunein radio app, and then search on 1510 Denver and you will find Mile High Sports. If I'm away from my computer, I listen to him and some of the other guys with the Tunein app.

Thanks for everyone that participated, and hopefully this is the first time and not the last.

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks Brandon. Too bad I didn't notice the time change.

If you do check back in I would like to know if there's any rumblings about bringing Vick and Gary into the Mile High Sports radio fold? Just an idea.

Tned
12-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks Brandon. Too bad I didn't notice the time change.

If you do check back in I would like to know if there's any rumblings about bringing Vick and Gary into the Mile High Sports radio fold? Just an idea.

Yea, after we set the time, and I went to bed last night (went to bed earlier than normally, to catch up on my sleep before I hit the road tomorrow), he found out he had to fill in for Mac & Doog's afternoon show.

Next time we'll try and schedule it further out and give everyone plenty of notice.

Tned
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM

Based on some of what i've heard, the injury he had at the end of training camp or first game (can't remember exactly when) really set him back.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks for setting this up, T.

dogfish
12-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Based on some of what i've heard, the injury he had at the end of training camp or first game (can't remember exactly when) really set him back.

i would also guess that as much as we want to run the ball, it's a little tough for them to put a TE out there who isn't a very experienced blocker. . .

TXBRONC
12-30-2011, 11:57 AM
I know I'm late as hell on getting back here because I had run some errands but I got to say this was fun.

Hey Tned maybe Brandon would be willing to do this again maybe around the draft.

Mike
12-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Nice read, thanks to Tned and Brandon.

I wished someone would have asked what are the chances we bring in a replacement for the half-wit of a supposed OC we have.

Davii
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM

I wished someone would have asked what are the chances we bring in a replacement for the half-wit of a supposed OC we have.

Tune in to the radio show and give him a call Mike!

Elevation inc
12-30-2011, 04:23 PM
i would also guess that as much as we want to run the ball, it's a little tough for them to put a TE out there who isn't a very experienced blocker. . .

especially when our current crop of TE's and OL players cant block for crap either.....I say give Thomas some time to develop.....a year in the strength room should help to.....he will be back in sights soon enough

Tned
12-31-2011, 05:20 AM

He talked a fair amount about McCoy tonight on his radio show. Specifically about how he needs to be a lot more creative then he has been to possibly beat the Chiefs, but definitely if the Broncos are going to make any noise in the playoffs.

chazoe60
12-31-2011, 10:31 AM
He talked a fair amount about McCoy tonight on his radio show. Specifically about how he needs to be a lot more creative then he has been to possibly beat the Chiefs, but definitely if the Broncos are going to make any noise in the playoffs.

He also hinted at inside info that McCoy may not he back next year. And the name he brought up is one I've brought up a couple times, including earlier this week, Jim Fassel.

jhildebrand
12-31-2011, 12:36 PM
I mentioned Fassel earlier in the year. Both Fox and Elway are fond of the guy.

This league is going back the way of retreads after the disaster of going the young unproven i.e. Haley McDill.