PDA

View Full Version : Clady to the Pro Bowl as well

BroncoWave
12-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Dolphins just put Jake Long on IR and Clady is the first alternate, so looks like he's going to Hawaii. Probably not the most deserving based on his play this season but it's always nice to see another Bronco in Hawaii!

"The Dolphins have placed Jake Long on IR. That means Ryan Clady, the first alternate, should be going to Pro Bowl."

www.twitter.com/postbroncos

GEM
12-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Bleh....until he can knock off the holding calls, he's in on his first year reputation. Hope he gets back to that level....and soon. My adoptee needs to get his shit together.

BUT....I agree with ya...it's good to see another Bronco in.

Canmore
12-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't think that Clady has been healthy since he injured his knee playing basketball. Is he ever going to regain his rookie form? I guess next season will be telling.

BroncoStud
12-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Clady has had an off-year. Not sure he is a Pro Bowler, well not any more than Tebow is...

TXBRONC
12-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Bleh....until he can knock off the holding calls, he's in on his first year reputation. Hope he gets back to that level....and soon. My adoptee needs to get his shit together.

I still think he's one of the best left tackles in the game.

BroncoJoe
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Clady isn't going to make it.

:superbowl:

Elevation inc
12-28-2011, 04:42 PM
clady hasnt earned it, he has had his worst year as a pro....he has been horrible and i mean like not even top 15 player at his position. its a shame michael roos, and eric winston got snubbed they balled this year.....clady shoudnt even be sniffing the pro bowl this year

NightTerror218
12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
worst year as a pro and he still makes it. Shows how dominant he was.

topscribe
12-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Dolphins just put Jake Long on IR and Clady is the first alternate, so looks like he's going to Hawaii. Probably not the most deserving based on his play this season but it's always nice to see another Bronco in Hawaii!

"The Dolphins have placed Jake Long on IR. That means Ryan Clady, the first alternate, should be going to Pro Bowl."

www.twitter.com/postbroncos

I don't think that Clady has been healthy since he injured his knee playing basketball. Is he ever going to regain his rookie form? I guess next season will be telling.

I think it's terrific. Clady has a lot of pride, and maybe next year
he will be bent on earning this year's honor? Wouldn't hurt my
feelings . . .

GEM
12-28-2011, 05:11 PM
worst year as a pro and he still makes it. Shows how dominant he was.

Eh...not completely since a third of the voting is done by fans. :shrugs: He hasn't been dominant this season, he's actually been somewhat of a liability.

topscribe
12-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Eh...not completely since a third of the voting is done by fans. :shrugs: He hasn't been dominant this season, he's actually been somewhat of a liability.

I don't remember Clady's being anywhere near the top after the
fan vote was in. It seems to me that the coaches and players had
to be the ones to elevate him.

NightTerror218
12-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Didnt say he was dominant, said he was dominant.

GEM
12-28-2011, 05:20 PM
I am not sure where he stands as of right now, but 2 weeks ago he lead the league in holding calls. But whatevs. I hope he gets back to where he was his rookie season.

TXBRONC
12-28-2011, 05:28 PM

Yeah holding was a problem but it seems he's stonewalled defensive end all year long. How many times have Orton and Tebow had more than three seconds to throw the ball?

GEM
12-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah holding was a problem but it seems he's stonewalled defensive end all year long. How many times have Orton and Tebow had more than three seconds to throw the ball?

The pocket has been much better and most of the pressure is coming off of Franklin's side. I love Clady....I love him even more when he is playing like he played in his rookie season. I think he has the capability to get back there, but getting to the Pro Bowl may reinforce to him that his play this season is enough. I think he's a character enough guy that that won't happen....but nothing surprises me. :lol:

To put it in better terms, I've seen some of his best, he isn't there right now, but I damn sure think he can and will get back there.

sneakers
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
He has that good a reputation to make it just on reputation, already?

bcbronc
12-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Maybe, just maybe our OL just isn't ad bad as some have been making it out to be? :shrugs:

TXBRONC
12-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Maybe, just maybe our OL just isn't ad bad as some have been making it out to be? :shrugs:

They're good unit and with time I think they will only get better if they can stay healthy.

Elevation inc
12-29-2011, 04:03 AM

30th ranked OL in the league how the heck is that good in anyway shape or form, i guess having a 32nd ranked defense last years isnt as bad as some made it out to be either then.

Elevation inc
12-29-2011, 04:06 AM
The pocket has been much better and most of the pressure is coming off of Franklin's side. I love Clady....I love him even more when he is playing like he played in his rookie season. I think he has the capability to get back there, but getting to the Pro Bowl may reinforce to him that his play this season is enough. I think he's a character enough guy that that won't happen....but nothing surprises me. :lol:

To put it in better terms, I've seen some of his best, he isn't there right now, but I damn sure think he can and will get back there.

the most pressure on the OL actually is coming from beadles and walton inside. Kuper has been our most consitent pass blocker, but horribly incosistent with run blocking. Walton also is horrible in both areas. Clady and franklin are better outside, but the funny thing is franklin has had some good all round games and then some downright horrible ones(rookie stuff maybe), where as clady hasnt he has either been great in 1 area or bad in both....

its pretty bad when your entire OL is grading in the red for the year

shank
12-29-2011, 04:39 AM
it takes more than winning 1/3 to get to the pro bowl. players and coaches still respect clady's ability, even if he's having a rough year. hopefully more time healthy and a year of stability in coaching will help him get all the way back to form.

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 04:52 AM
30th ranked OL in the league how the heck is that good in anyway shape or form, i guess having a 32nd ranked defense last years isnt as bad as some made it out to be either then.

I thought it was that Denver was ranked 30th in scoring not that the offensive line is ranked 30th.

Elevation inc
12-29-2011, 10:18 AM
oh no we are ranked 30th in scoring to, its just when profootball focus rankings did the OL rankings for all 32 teams we ranked 30 of 32.....people who say that site isnt legit to are either lazy or just dont pay attention.....even players go there for the rankings and grades, and coaches use them as well.

meanwhile i have people telling me that becasue we are the number 1 rsuhing team we have the best OL.....and i find that hard to belive when i watch kuper and walton get thrown on there butts by edwards for example in the buffalo game....i mean i have the games on replay cause i could only watch them live once or twice since i was in afghanistan. and what i see regarding our OL is horrible. I now have decided to give a pass to orton, tebow, and our rb's....orton i dont like and never will, but our OL did him no favors....nor moreno for that matter, if mcghaee wasnt such a beast he would have about 300 yds less now to, his yds after contact is 3rd in the league, thats not from our wonderful OL blocking thats from him being a beast....mcghaee by far was the best pick-up this last off-season

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 10:26 AM
oh no we are ranked 30th in scoring to, its just when profootball focus rankings did the OL rankings for all 32 teams we ranked 30 of 32.....people who say that site isnt legit to are either lazy or just dont pay attention.....even players go there for the rankings and grades, and coaches use them as well.

meanwhile i have people telling me that becasue we are the number 1 rsuhing team we have the best OL.....and i find that hard to belive when i watch kuper and walton get thrown on there butts by edwards for example in the buffalo game....i mean i have the games on replay cause i could only watch them live once or twice since i was in afghanistan. and what i see regarding our OL is horrible. I now have decided to give a pass to orton, tebow, and our rb's....orton i dont like and never will, but our OL did him no favors....nor moreno for that matter, if mcghaee wasnt such a beast he would have about 300 yds less now to, his yds after contact is 3rd in the league, thats not from our wonderful OL blocking thats from him being a beast....mcghaee by far was the best pick-up this last off-season

I've seen another ranking that say Denver's offensive line is a lot than that.

I disagree with our offensive line not horrible. You can't be horrible and be ranked in the top five in rushing.

Dzone
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
O Lineman only get noticed if they get flagged or get beat. Clady has been getting lots of TV closeups this year.
But always good to see another Bronco get in.

Elevation inc
12-29-2011, 10:53 AM
I've seen another ranking that say Denver's offensive line is a lot than that.

I disagree with our offensive line not horrible. You can't be horrible and be ranked in the top five in rushing.

we are ranked that high because of tebow, mcghaee, scheme and misdirection not because our OL can block that well

guess we will agree to disagree:beer:

personally I would go pay big to get chris meyers in FA from houston and draft Decastro in rd 1 at Guard.....you would see big improvement if we did that right away. Especially if clady returns to his normal form and franklin keeps improving....I consider walton and beadles complete busts at this point they both have 2 years worth of starts and havent done crap with them. I pray a legit off-season does them wonders in the strength department, cause im pretty confident we will ignore the OL, since mccoy seems to think we are all world enough there to run 12 staright plays for 20 yds, but i really could care less if either are with the team next year, and thats sad since I lauded and wa stoked about both picks for the last 2 years and when they were drafted.....

ShooterJM
12-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Offensive line rankings:

PFF: 30th
Roto: 23rd
Bleacher: 27th
FFToolbox: 31st
Football Outsiders: Run 14th, Pass 29th

That's just what came up on a quick google search. Obviously most are slanted to FF production, but that does focus more on how they handle blocking as opposed to the end result of the play.

As a side note, most say Clady is great.

arapaho2
12-29-2011, 01:22 PM
its karma

all it does is make up for his rookie year snub

now its all even

tomjonesrocks
12-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Meh, he's as deserving at his position as Rivers was this year...

bcbronc
12-29-2011, 02:44 PM

Can you explain how this ranking is achieved? I've looked at profootballfocus.com but can't find it. I'm assuming it's part of their premium stats package.

I'm having a hard time believing it doesn't rely on subjectivity and that's there's a large number of variables it can't account for. I'm also assuming the ranking is based on the season as a whole, and considering the age of the OL, no offseason and a new blocking scheme, it was pretty predictable that they would struggle early.

So what does this ranking rate? Does it look at missed/made blocks, and if so what's the criteria? If say Beadles is blocking a LB five yards from the LOS, and the LB sheds the block and makes the tackle, is that considered a made block because it was a 5 yard gain, or a missed block because his guy made the tackle?

I'm assuming it looks at contact at or before the OL, but does it have some way of adjusting for offensive scheme? How does it account for a one-dimensional offense where defenses are stacking the box and playing run first?

For passing, I'm guessing sacks, QB hits etc are included in the analysis, but how does it account for a QB holding on to the ball way too long, or coverage sacks?

link?

meanwhile i have people telling me that becasue we are the number 1 rsuhing team we have the best OL

you do? Well yeah, those people are way off. I've never seen anyone say we have the best OL in the league on these boards, so can only assume you're talking about your peers in real life. imo saying we have the best OL in the league is as accurate as saying you can lead the league in rushing with a terrible OL, neither comment are correct.

.....and i find that hard to belive when i watch kuper and walton get thrown on there butts by edwards for example in the buffalo game....i mean i have the games on replay cause i could only watch them live once or twice since i was in afghanistan. and what i see regarding our OL is horrible.

so watching them on replay you no doubt see the improvement over the course of the season, right? Walton got abused by Buffalo, and that was probably the worst game the OL has played since the bye week. That doesn't take away from the strides they've made though.

You don't seem to acknowledge the youth of our OL. Beadles and Walton will get bigger, stronger, and improve their technique as they develop as players. They all need to get better, and lucky for us most young players do just that. As is, Beadles is doing a fantastic job pulling, which is a bread and butter element of our offense.

I now have decided to give a pass to orton, tebow, and our rb's....orton i dont like and never will, but our OL did him no favors....nor moreno for that matter, if mcghaee wasnt such a beast he would have about 300 yds less now to, his yds after contact is 3rd in the league, thats not from our wonderful OL blocking thats from him being a beast....mcghaee by far was the best pick-up this last off-season

Maybe McGahee's yards after contact are so high because that's his running style? He's not shifty, he's no longer a burner, he's a power back that runs through people. Granted, there's times when he's moving the pile 4 yards to get a 3 yard run but come on, any RB can put up big yards when no one touches them. You have to look at the offense as a unit: our young OLs faults aren't going to be hidden with a QB that holds the ball too long, or with RBs that are either banged up or not more than a #3 in talent. We're not at the point where we have an offense that can simply impose its will on a defense...yet. We've had drives, quarters and games where we HAVE imposed our will though.

Considering the youth across the offense, and a new system etc, there are lots of positives to take from the OL this season. If we can upgrade on Walton, Beadles et al, great that means we're better. But go look at your rankings and take a look at the best OLs...I'm willing to bet they have one thing in common: continuity at most positions year to year.

Elevation inc
12-29-2011, 02:53 PM
its karma

all it does is make up for his rookie year snub

now its all even

I will accept that:lol:

Elevation inc
12-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Can you explain how this ranking is achieved? I've looked at profootballfocus.com but can't find it. I'm assuming it's part of their premium stats package.

I'm having a hard time believing it doesn't rely on subjectivity and that's there's a large number of variables it can't account for. I'm also assuming the ranking is based on the season as a whole, and considering the age of the OL, no offseason and a new blocking scheme, it was pretty predictable that they would struggle early.

So what does this ranking rate? Does it look at missed/made blocks, and if so what's the criteria? If say Beadles is blocking a LB five yards from the LOS, and the LB sheds the block and makes the tackle, is that considered a made block because it was a 5 yard gain, or a missed block because his guy made the tackle?

I'm assuming it looks at contact at or before the OL, but does it have some way of adjusting for offensive scheme? How does it account for a one-dimensional offense where defenses are stacking the box and playing run first?

For passing, I'm guessing sacks, QB hits etc are included in the analysis, but how does it account for a QB holding on to the ball way too long, or coverage sacks?

link?

you do? Well yeah, those people are way off. I've never seen anyone say we have the best OL in the league on these boards, so can only assume you're talking about your peers in real life. imo saying we have the best OL in the league is as accurate as saying you can lead the league in rushing with a terrible OL, neither comment are correct.

so watching them on replay you no doubt see the improvement over the course of the season, right? Walton got abused by Buffalo, and that was probably the worst game the OL has played since the bye week. That doesn't take away from the strides they've made though.

You don't seem to acknowledge the youth of our OL. Beadles and Walton will get bigger, stronger, and improve their technique as they develop as players. They all need to get better, and lucky for us most young players do just that. As is, Beadles is doing a fantastic job pulling, which is a bread and butter element of our offense.

Maybe McGahee's yards after contact are so high because that's his running style? He's not shifty, he's no longer a burner, he's a power back that runs through people. Granted, there's times when he's moving the pile 4 yards to get a 3 yard run but come on, any RB can put up big yards when no one touches them. You have to look at the offense as a unit: our young OLs faults aren't going to be hidden with a QB that holds the ball too long, or with RBs that are either banged up or not more than a #3 in talent. We're not at the point where we have an offense that can simply impose its will on a defense...yet. We've had drives, quarters and games where we HAVE imposed our will though.

Considering the youth across the offense, and a new system etc, there are lots of positives to take from the OL this season. If we can upgrade on Walton, Beadles et al, great that means we're better. But go look at your rankings and take a look at the best OLs...I'm willing to bet they have one thing in common: continuity at most positions year to year.

it is in the premium stats package but as was posted above by shooter the rankings are pretty much even on a few sites. profootball focus grades them on how the play was designed and how it ended up. If beadles is pulling and gets smahed by a DT at the line of scrimmage and that guy makes the tackle thats a negative play. If beadles pulls and opens his hole for a positive gain then thats a positive play. its actually a pretty cut and dry grade, its not even stats based its either you did your job or you didnt. These guys are pretty football sound and relied upon across the nfl by many.

some people dont like what they say but they arent biased to any team whatso ever at all...In fact the most bias i have seen towards a player on that site in 3 years was the man crsuh there lead guy has on von milelr rightfully so....the run defense grades for miller combined with his pass rush grade have him the highest ranked OLB in football hands down by a mile, closest challenger is wimbley based of snaps and production.

I also get our Ol is young but I have watched beadles and walton closely and for every good play they make in a game there are about ten bad ones.....in 2 years now they have graded in the green only 2 times apiece....they have graded negatively every other game and its not like a -0.9 grade its like a -4.9 grade. I wish I could post more in depth but last year, people ran there mouths and got but hurt when i posted them claiming there not valid and profootball emailed me and told me not to post the premium stats becasue of the work that goes into them, thats why i pay for them and i have every year for the last 3.....

beadles and walton are young but they suck right now, they say usually 3 years for lineman before bust status can kick in....well next year is both there 3rd years as incumbents and they have such a uphill battle i doubt they improve that much next year. i personally loved and touted both prospects, but i have been far off on both. Also clady may be loved on rep but hi performance the last 2 years has been horrible, and now he isnt even our strongside tackle.....franklin is a rookie and i give him a pass as i do all rookies good or bad, just like carter and moore for example. but in year 2 you should show competent signs of blocking on a more cosnistent basis and its just not there. also kuper hasnt graded out anywhere close to good enough to justify the contract he got.

I get attrition and margin for error with all sites, but after 2 years running and comparing tape and what profootball focus posts im pretty confident we got 2 duds in walton and beadles, a struggling LT, a RT playing out of position and a guard we overpaid for at the moment. That all falls right inline with about a 30 out of 32 ranking.

its clear though im in a minority when it comes to the OL, so if people disagree I will agree to disagree and leave it at that.....but i know i really want a center in FA, and a guard in the first 3 rounds of the draft.....and i pray Clady and kuper turn the corner to there 2008 form next year....