PDA

View Full Version : Who wins? Denver or KC?

broncofaninfla
12-28-2011, 10:55 AM
OK, who wins this Sunday? Denver or Kansas City and why?

My two cents....
After seeing Orton fold under ANY kind of pass rush I can't fathom Denver not blitzing him on every obvious passing down. We'll have to be very careful of the screens and draw plays but I'm fairly certain with Denvers famailirity with the "fainting goat" that Dennis Allen is going attack Orton.

BroncoStud
12-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Not sure if this means anything but I actually had a dream last night that the Chiefs won 31-10. Pretty much sucked.

broncofaninfla
12-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah, that would def suck. I know some people might fear him at this point but I'm honestly glad Orton is their QB. Denver is pretty good at pressuring QB's and Orton is horrible under pressure. Pressure Orton and disrupt the timing routes. Orton sucks when a play breaks down. Denver also needs to get better at stopping the run though. Our nickle package defense is putrid against the run..

vandammage13
12-28-2011, 11:00 AM
We win because of Orton...Orton will improve the Broncos record to 8-24 over the last 36 games when he is on the field with the Broncos.

vandammage13
12-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah, that would def suck. I know some people might fear him at this point but I'm honestly glad Orton is their QB. Denver is pretty good at pressuring QB's and Orton is horrible under pressure. Pressure Orton and disrupt the timing routes. Orton sucks when a play breaks down. Denver also needs to get better at stopping the run though. Our nickle package defense is putrid against the run..

Not in the last couple of games...If they can get pressure like they are capable of, I like our chances though.

Northman
12-28-2011, 11:21 AM
It will be close but i think Denver pulls it out. If they cant get up for this game with the playoffs on the line than we will have many bad years to come. Losing to KC at home is unacceptable.

broncophan
12-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I just don't think the broncos and Tebow will get it done....could go either way, but I just think Orton will outplay Tebow...and the bronco defense will not be able to keep the score low enough.....but if Tebow and the broncos don't have any turnovers...then I like our chances....

BroncoNut
12-28-2011, 11:45 AM
It will be close but i think Denver pulls it out. If they cant get up for this game with the playoffs on the line than we will have many bad years to come. Losing to KC at home is unacceptable.

yeah,.

on the question. I don't know guys. It's a must win going into it with 2 losses and what North says. At home with the playoffs on the line,.. alot to play for. I think Denver wins this game for the fans and the Tebow faithful

Northman
12-28-2011, 12:08 PM
If there was ever a time for Tebow to play his absolute best this week would be the time.

MOtorboat
12-28-2011, 12:27 PM
If there was ever a time for Tebow to play his absolute best this week would be the time.

"I promise you one thing. A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season."

igoe4broncos
12-28-2011, 12:33 PM
If we lose, I have a feeling we will get crushed (similar to KC in 09 and SD in 08?). If we win, it'll be a close one with McCoy playing it extremely close to the vest all game long.

That said, Broncos win and make the playoffs.

camdisco24
12-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I expect to see Tebow come out and play like he did in big games in college. Because of that, everyone else around him will respond and we'll come out with a win. IMO, this game will come down to turnovers and pressure on Orton. If we turn it over and leave Orton too much time, we're in trouble. But if we protect the ball and feed Orton some mile high turf, we'll be just fine!

vandammage13
12-28-2011, 12:45 PM

I wouldn't say that...As is, this team has 4 more wins than it did a year ago. Just the fact that we are competing for the playoffs shows that the team is on the right track, regardless of what happens this Sunday.

Another solid draft or two, and this team can become a contender. I belive EFX has a good eye for talent when it comes to drafting and targeting FA's.

It will certainly be a setback and a major dissappointment if we lose this Sunday, but I wouldn't say we would be doomed for years to come if we don't manage to pull out a W this week.

vandammage13
12-28-2011, 12:49 PM
If we lose, I have a feeling we will get crushed (similar to KC in 09 and SD in 08?). If we win, it'll be a close one with McCoy playing it extremely close to the vest all game long.

That said, Broncos win and make the playoffs.

I agree with the personnel that this team has, playing it close to the vest might be the best recipe for a win, but the way McCoy has been calling games leaves absolutely no margin for error.

With as conservative as our playcalling is, just one fluke fumble or a special teams TD for the other guys can be enough to doom the entire gameplan.

BroncoNut
12-28-2011, 01:55 PM
My big concern is that Orton will play like he's got something to prove

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2011, 02:02 PM
The Chiefs had close to 500 yards of offense last week and only manged 13 points. Does that sound familiar? They have no running game and will have to rely on Kyle's arm to win the game. Does that bode well for them?

I'm not too confident in our defense, honestly, but I don't think the Chiefs have much of an offense right now, and Crennel isn't the guy to right the ship. He'll have a good defensive scheme, but he Chiefs can't score points. The Chiefs haven't scored 20 points in about six weeks.

Look for Kyle to muster 1 TD and give up 3 turnovers.

GEM
12-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Denver, of course!!

skins_fan82
12-28-2011, 02:07 PM
If Denver wins on Sunday, I'm going to do cartwheels in the street. naked.

Npba900
12-28-2011, 02:16 PM
This game is a 50 plus year rivalry which means there will be a blowout or a close win by either team.

KCL
12-28-2011, 03:05 PM
The Chiefs had close to 500 yards of offense last week and only manged 13 points. Does that sound familiar? They have no running game and will have to rely on Kyle's arm to win the game. Does that bode well for them?

I'm not too confident in our defense, honestly, but I don't think the Chiefs have much of an offense right now, and Crennel isn't the guy to right the ship. He'll have a good defensive scheme, but he Chiefs can't score points. The Chiefs haven't scored 20 points in about six weeks.

The inability to score TDs has been a huge problem.I disagree that KC doesn't have an offense.The pick in the EZ was a killer but the plays being called by Muir in the RZ are crap.Against GB he kept calling pass plays which weren't working.I yelled at him to let Battle run it in and he listened to me and it worked...:D

Battle and Jones have done a pretty good job of running the ball.

Seriously the guy makes some crap calls in the RZ...I hope the Chiefs send him on his way after the season.

Who wins? Whoever scores the most points! ;)

Northman
12-28-2011, 03:08 PM
The inability to score TDs has been a huge problem.I disagree that KC doesn't have an offense.The pick in the EZ was a killer but the plays being called by Muir in the RZ are crap.Against GB he kept calling pass plays which weren't working.I yelled at him to let Battle run it in and he listened to me and it worked...:D

Seriously the guy makes some crap calls in the RZ...I hope the Chiefs send him on his way after the season.

Actually, i wouldnt blame it all on Muir. Orton is one of the worst in the redzone the last 4 years.

nevcraw
12-28-2011, 03:10 PM
no stupid turnovers.. and put the pressure of category 5 hurricane on Orton on every play. really need to have Dawk playing..

jrelway
12-28-2011, 03:18 PM
broncos win 24-10. The defense will know how to play Orton. All this talk about how Elway let Orton go to a division rival, and will bite us in the ass. Phony! The defense already has the blueprint on Kyle the orton

KCL
12-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Actually, i wouldnt blame it all on Muir. Orton is one of the worst in the redzone the last 4 years.

I didn't but it's obvious you haven't watched as many KC games as I have.
And Orton has only played 2 games with KC.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2011, 03:25 PM

Well, I didn't say you guys didn't have talent. I alluded that Crennel wouldn't be able to fix the problem. I think you have the talent already on the roster to have a balanced offense, just not the coach to fix it.

hamrob
12-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I think we come out and play "lights out" football. We will be more disciplined with the football, more committted to the run and get better push up front from our front 7. We need guys like McBean, Bunkley, Thomas, DJW, Mays, Carter, Moore and Bruton...to step up.

We also need for Tebow to limit his turnovers to no more than 1. I'm hoping that we have Royal/Decker returning kicks.

If we play like we were playing 3-weeks ago, we win. If we play like we have the past 2-weeks...who knows.

hamrob
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Who wins? Whoever scores the most points! ;)I like Battle and Jones is a leader...that's his main role. The Cheifs have the talent, it's just putting it all together. Look for Orton to carve up the middle of the field against our Safeties. He'll also go after Goody...but, he'll stay clear of Champ. Like in most games, turnovers and special teams will be critical. I don't see our offense going off on K.C., their main goal will be to not turn the ball over and to control the clock. It will be a good game.

rcsodak
12-28-2011, 03:59 PM
"I promise you one thing. A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season."
Gator presser?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
12-28-2011, 04:16 PM

The heck with you. I would rather see GEM do that. :elefant:

rcsodak
12-28-2011, 04:18 PM

You dont have to score a ton of points when your defense is able to control the game. Battle is averaging 4ypc and is big and fast. I see a more athletic Gerhardt and look what he did.

If the front 7 cant keep kc from establishing the run, its over, imo. Orton's play action will be even better than it was in denver, with No running game.

I hope haggan plays, to help solidify the edge.

rcsodak
12-28-2011, 04:21 PM
I thought that was because of mccoy/mcd?

Broncogator
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM

I don't think he gives a shyt..never seemed like he had any real passion for the game anyway..Just shows up for a check

skins_fan82
12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Broncos win, 20-10. I smell a HUGE sack/fumble coming from Von/Elvis at a crucial point in the game. :)

Magnificent Seven
12-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Why? Broncos are pissed after 2 losses! They are gonna roar back big time!

KCL
12-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, I didn't say you guys didn't have talent. I alluded that Crennel wouldn't be able to fix the problem. I think you have the talent already on the roster to have a balanced offense, just not the coach to fix it.

I'm not sold on Romeo but he called a good game vs the Packers...he sure as hell had the defense ready.They were all over Aaron Rodgers.

Northman
12-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Technically you should of beaten the Faid.

KCL
12-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Technically you should of beaten the Faid.

The Chiefs and Raiders with both QBs were an even match IMO...2 blocked
FGs had me saying WTF??? Yes I am well aware that KO threw 2 picks as did
Palmer..Bowe dropped a sure TD in the EZ...it was a team loss.

Jsteve01
12-28-2011, 06:08 PM
yeah,.

on the question. I don't know guys. It's a must win going into it with 2 losses and what North says. At home with the playoffs on the line,.. alot to play for. I think Denver wins this game for the fans and the Tebow faithful

why do you persist in these shenaningans?

Day1BroncoFan
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM
I say the Broncos win, but I always say that. :nod:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm not sold on Romeo but he called a good game vs the Packers...he sure as hell had the defense ready.They were all over Aaron Rodgers.

I think Romeo would do fine as a HC as long as he could get a strong OC.

Nomad
12-28-2011, 10:07 PM

Why isn't it the BRONCOS that have something to prove....that they are playoff worthy?

Or you don't care and are one of those 'backing in' kinda guys.

FanInAZ
12-28-2011, 11:15 PM
On paper, Denver wins easily. However, paper is better used for making airplanes & origami that predicting who will win a football game.

Canmore
12-28-2011, 11:19 PM
On paper, Denver wins easily. However, paper is better used for making airplanes & origami that predicting who will win a football game.

I've found paper great in starting fires in my insert. :lol:

FanInAZ
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM

If you post it on YouTube, I will personally see to it that you are permanently banned from this site :mad:

KCL
12-28-2011, 11:24 PM

I think Romeo would do fine as a HC as long as he could get a strong OC.

Not sure what your opinion is after reading these 2 post..:lol:

Broncos Mtnman
12-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Chiefs have nothing to lose and there will be no pressure.

Orton will have some extra motivation for this one.

Say whatever you want, but Orton has done something no other QB in the league has done this year (beating Green Bay).

All things being equal, I say the Chiefs win this one by 10 points.

Dzone
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Too much Deja Vu from other seasons late season collapses here.
KC players love Romeo Crennel. They are playing for his job.
I am fearing a rout. KC isnt as bad as people think. They want to win this game.

vandammage13
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Chiefs have nothing to lose and there will be no pressure.

Orton will have some extra motivation for this one.

Say whatever you want, but Orton has done something no other QB in the league has done this year (beating Green Bay).

All things being equal, I say the Chiefs win this one by 10 points.

There is individual pressure on Orton though....And more than you might think.

The easy one is the fact that he's going back to Denver to play the team that dumped him, but that's not what is going to be the most pressure for him.

Orton is playing for a big contract. This is probably the last opportunity he'll have in his career to sign a big multi-year deal, so there is a lot riding on this one game, individually for him.

We're talking millions...Now that's pressure.

This is his last chance to convince a team, and he's probably sick for the way things turned out after he backed out of the Miami trade, as that decision could potentially cost him millions...I expect him to fold.

Chef Zambini
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
"I promise you one thing. A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season."'preciate that.

Chef Zambini
12-29-2011, 01:14 PM
if tebow attempts more than 30 passes we lose!
if mcgehee gets 25+ touches we win.

Chef Zambini
12-29-2011, 01:19 PM
the cheifs darn well know the broncos will be coming after him.
screens, draws, the rubn game, quick throws and short patterns will all help KO to play around a pass rush defense.
if dawkins cant go the whole game, KO will have a field day !
kyle wont let future contract money even enter the equasion, he is already a millionaire, this is about revenge.
and rivalry.
and opur broncos will have to show up with something more than the weak ass excuse of an NFL team that they demonbstrated over the last 2 games.
timmy, pass less, run more, be decisive and do what you do best, NOT what everyone wants you to do.
run ther dang ball and win ugly...17-10

Chef Zambini
12-29-2011, 01:21 PM
btw, I think the cheifs will win this game and next year timmy will be the jags poster boy.

tomjonesrocks
12-29-2011, 01:46 PM
I think our defense is finished, just like it was in years' past at this important time of the year. Miller is probably hitting the rookie wall and everyone else looks gassed.

SD has to beat the Raiders for Denver to make it.

arapaho2
12-29-2011, 02:33 PM
if we

on offense mix it up...we cant have a predicable, run run run run run run run based offense especially if its not working

we also cant throw every thing deep

in other words be creative, use the run game to set up some key passing plays

on defense

pressure orton to no end, harrass, hit, knock down, get him out of the pocket
that means bunkly and thomas must collapse the middle to allow the pass rush of miller and doom to get there

cover the rb....i think the biggest issue i have in some games is the fact, we can see the rb run up and chip the defender....you know its a screen or shallow dump yet the defender on him typically runs by leaving a gapping hole
mcluster is the type of back that can gash us if we allow him the ball in open field

and so the defender, be it de, lbr or safety that has the rb has to knock him on his ass behind the line...dont worry about getting to orton...knock the rb on his ass!! be disiplined

champ on bowe in base...safety helping out mr toast goodman

win the field position battle on sts..the last two games we have had terrible starting FP

play smart, and we should win this

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I think our defense is finished, just like it was in years' past at this important time of the year. Miller is probably hitting the rookie wall and everyone else looks gassed.

SD has to beat the Raiders for Denver to make it.

I think having one of his hands casted has a lot more to do with his drop off than anything else. He's having a hard time getting off blockers and making tackles.

Cugel
12-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I just can't believe that Kyle Orton will respond well to the pressure. He never has before. :coffee:

I think everything will depend on getting pressure on Orton and forcing him to make hasty throws into coverage. When he does that he can have turnovers as we know from much experience.

And Tebow needs to get rid of the ball and make no mistakes. With this conservative offense you can't win with Tebow trying to throw from the pocket and catch up. He's not that kind of QB.

The Broncos should be able to run the ball on KC again and that should take a lot of the pressure off Tebow. Orton will make some underneath throws but they should try and limit him to short completions. Make him beat you and Denver should win.

If you let Kyle Orton beat you at home you don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway! :ranger:

jlarsiii
12-29-2011, 06:01 PM
I feel like KC will likely win the game. It has more to do with how the Broncos have looked the last two weeks rather than anything about the chiefs.

Both the Bills and Patriots found a major flaw with our D exploiting personnel packages for big runs, and if we have the rookie safety combo back there then KC might have a field day.

I would feel better if we had Miller with a healthy right hand. ESPN has shown footage lately that shows that while Miller has the same moves and explosive first step as always, he is having a lot more difficulty shedding blockers without the use of his right hand and that is making all the difference. If Orton gets time in the pocket he could carve up this D if we aren't careful.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Guys and Gals, we're going to ROLL KC. The only chance they have is if they get out of the gate quick and score early (not necessarily often). We go up a score or two on them, they're toast.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2011, 08:12 PM
I had to pick Denver. I have to believe that this new team and new-look organization will be able to shake off recent late season collapses and make the playoffs when we have the opportunity to do so, especially at home.

Nomad
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Listening to sports radio all day, it seems Denver hasn't a chance according to the talking heads....I haven't heard anyone say the BRONCOS win. Mike Klis was being interviewed this morning on one show (I believe it was the guy taking the place for Colin Cowherd) and he said Dove Valley believes if the BRONCOS can't beat the Chiefs at home with the playoffs on the line, they don't deserve to go.

Dzone
12-29-2011, 10:50 PM
The people in Vegas who picked Buffalo to beat Denver are picking KC in this game.

Dzone
12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
If we give Orton the same time we gave Brady in the pocket, he is going to eat us alive.
Everybody is saying that all we have to do is sack Orton and pressure him and he will fall apart. Well, if we cant get to him, and we might not, it is going to be an ugly Sunday at mile high.
This feels so much like 2008 and 2009 that it is creepy

Chef Zambini
12-30-2011, 09:31 AM
if we

on offense mix it up...we cant have a predicable, run run run run run run run based offense especially if its not working

we also cant throw every thing deep

in other words be creative, use the run game to set up some key passing plays

on defense

pressure orton to no end, harrass, hit, knock down, get him out of the pocket
that means bunkly and thomas must collapse the middle to allow the pass rush of miller and doom to get there

cover the rb....i think the biggest issue i have in some games is the fact, we can see the rb run up and chip the defender....you know its a screen or shallow dump yet the defender on him typically runs by leaving a gapping hole
mcluster is the type of back that can gash us if we allow him the ball in open field

and so the defender, be it de, lbr or safety that has the rb has to knock him on his ass behind the line...dont worry about getting to orton...knock the rb on his ass!! be disiplined

champ on bowe in base...safety helping out mr toast goodman

win the field position battle on sts..the last two games we have had terrible starting FP

play smart, and we should win thisI salute you for your signature ! you go tonto !

broncofaninfla
12-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Pressure is the key and I'm sure Allen knows that. Lay the wood on Orton and he'll fold just like he did week in and week out against us.

BroncoStud
12-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Suprising number of votes for KC... It's going to be interesting to say the least...

I have no idea which Denver or KC team is going to show up.