PDA

View Full Version : If the Broncos lose to Orton and the Chiefs on Sunday I will _______

sneakers
12-27-2011, 01:24 AM
(Fill in the Blank.)

I will start:

If the Broncos lose to Orton and the Chiefs on Sunday I will drive down to Chicago to White Castle and eat so many burgers to the point that I will get severe diarrhea and die of dehydration.

shank
12-27-2011, 01:30 AM
drink beer and re-direct my anger at a ginger.

Northman
12-27-2011, 01:47 AM
I will bust out laughing hysterically. Im not lying. It will only solidify how bad we have become and continue to be if we fold YET again down the stretch here.

VonSackemMiller
12-27-2011, 02:03 AM
I will check the Oakland -chargers score as soon as possible. and pray the chargers won

Clipworthy
12-27-2011, 02:23 AM
yeah yeah.... if Oakland loses....

If Denver can't beat the Kansas City Ortons..... why even bother making playoffs

VonSackemMiller
12-27-2011, 02:29 AM
The jets backed into the playoffs all the way to the afc championship game........Why even bother?

BroncoBJ
12-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Put in DVD highlights of the last 3 games of 2008 to make me feel better.

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 07:01 AM
L M A O!!!!!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

KCL
12-27-2011, 07:39 AM

If Denver can't beat the Kansas City Ortons..... why even bother making playoffs

Why are we now the Kansas City Ortons?
He doesn't have any seniority.Call them the Kansas City McClusters or
the KC Bowes,even the KC Chefs :laugh:

Shazam!
12-27-2011, 07:42 AM
If denver loses it will be another humiliation.

KCL
12-27-2011, 07:44 AM
If denver loses it will be another humiliation.

I agree!!! But maybe the Chargers can take care of business for Denver.The game is in Oak town.Not sure if that gives the Raiders an advantage or not.

MasterShake
12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Before you say anything, prepare to shut the **** up.

No way we lose to the Chiefs on Sunday. It is our destiny to have it come down to this game, and even still we have a nice backup plan with the Chargers only needing to beat the Raiders. Thats like putting $20 down on a couple of horses to win, only to have the horse step on a landmine and explode killing all the other horses except the other one you bet on. Either way you got a pretty good chance.

I not only think we will win, I'm a little pissed off that everyone is so nervous about this game. I was nervous about the Patriots game because it was a great team and a measuring stick for us. I was worried about the Bills because it was a "better than their record team" with the trifecta of bad juju for the Broncos - 1. Early Game 2. East Coast 3. Team who was on a big losing streak.

But thats besides the point, so I'll play along...

IF the Broncos lose on Sunday I will NOT COME TO THIS BOARD UNTIL THE DRAFT. :lol:

Seriously, win or lose this season has been one of the most fun I can remember. We are not a good team and we have a real shot to win the AFCW. Just enjoy it!

Nomad
12-27-2011, 08:34 AM
No excuse can justify the lack of heart this team has played with the last 2 weeks. The BRONCOS should come into this game fired up, have that will to win, play like the better team and come away with the win. If they don't....they deserve to be with all the other loser teams sitting on the couch watching the playoffs.......BRONCOS will win so I'm not concerned with a letdown.

BTW, this game is getting pretty hyped up so there is hope it may be on tv here.

threefolddead
12-27-2011, 08:43 AM
not be surprised because this feels like 04(?) when we lost to the lowly 49ers and lost our spot.

MOtorboat
12-27-2011, 08:51 AM
not be surprised because this feels like 04(?) when we lost to the lowly 49ers and lost our spot.

It feels like 06, 07, 08 and 09. You're referencing 07 I believe. I will also not be surprised.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 09:13 AM
here's a fitting article for your thread, sneakers....

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19623530

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Be disappointed with the way the last 3 weeks have played out but I have perspective.

I know that:

- We are the 2nd youngest offense in the league and the youngest when McGahee isn't on the field.

- We have a young O-line that has mental lapses and is undisciplined at times.

- We have a young WR corps that has struggled to get open and catch the ball.

- We have a second year QB with 13 games total under his belt.

- We have a defense that is more about will and scheme than talent that is anchored by 2 rookie Safeties and has 3 rookie starters. Our secondary (with Dawkins out) only really has one legit starting-caliber player on it and our D-line is patchwork with some starters who would be backups on most teams.

- The Chiefs were division champs last year and have a solid defense with 2 very good CBs, and 2 extremely good LBs. Their 3 man front is anchored by 2 top-5 picks.

- The Chiefs have a good run-blocking O-line and have some good talent at the WR position. Even without Charles, they have three solid and experienced RBs to lean on.

Do I want to win? Of course. I really want to make the playoffs because anything can happen. Am I still happy about this season even if we lose, go 8-8, and miss the playoffs? Yes. We were 4-12 last season. We can be no worse than 8-8. That's a 4 game improvement from a team that is still struggling with talent and trying hard to develop their draft picks.

I said it in a previous post, this season is a success as far as I'm concerned. How many of us really thought we would do this well? Nobody. Not the fans, not the pundits, not the media. To be where we are is a testament to this teams heart and the attitude brought by the new staff. I want to make the playoffs, but I won't be devastated if we don't. This team has exceeded my expectations and I've had the most enjoyable season as a fan since the 2005 season. I can't complain too much... :salute:

BroncoJoe
12-27-2011, 09:26 AM
here's a fitting article for your thread, sneakers....

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19623530

I really think Kiszla is reaching on that article. Saving money by removing Orton was benefit - not the reason. It was clear he wasn't going to be here next year, so why keep a benched starter around? Not saying Orton was a cancer, but lets get real: he wasn't a team player at that point either.

As to the OP question - I'll continue to go about my business as usual. Don't get me wrong, I'll be disappointed, but in the end it's just entertainment. It's not "life altering".

Krugan
12-27-2011, 09:34 AM
If they lose on sunday, i will be happy that we arent 3 and 13,
be happy that at least we showed abit of growth,
be happy that we have a couple solid rushers and are getting better as a team,
be dissapointed the season is over,
but happy we arent picking top 3...

Nomad
12-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Orton's time had passed here and he had his chances. Don't wish him ill will but I could care less if he's successful either. I do hope he is a good dad.

vandammage13
12-27-2011, 09:48 AM
If the Chiefs win I will draft Kyle Orton #1 in my 2012 Fantasy Football League...Followed by Dwayne Bowe at #2, Chiefs D at #3, and Jamal Charles at #4...

I will also draft Matt Cassel at #5 for insurance purposes.

Northman
12-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Be disappointed with the way the last 3 weeks have played out but I have perspective.

I know that:

- We are the 2nd youngest offense in the league and the youngest when McGahee isn't on the field.

- We have a defense that is more about will and scheme than talent that is anchored by 2 rookie Safeties and has 3 rookie starters. Our secondary (with Dawkins out) only really has one legit starting-caliber player on it and our D-line is patchwork with some starters who would be backups on most teams.

- The Chiefs were division champs last year and have a solid defense with 2 very good CBs, and 2 extremely good LBs. Their 3 man front is anchored by 2 top-5 picks.

- The Chiefs have a good run-blocking O-line and have some good talent at the WR position. Even without Charles, they have three solid and experienced RBs to lean on.

Do I want to win? Of course. I really want to make the playoffs because anything can happen. Am I still happy about this season even if we lose, go 8-8, and miss the playoffs? Yes. We were 4-12 last season. We can be no worse than 8-8. That's a 4 game improvement from a team that is still struggling with talent and trying hard to develop their draft picks.

I said it in a previous post, this season is a success as far as I'm concerned. How many of us really thought we would do this well? Nobody. Not the fans, not the pundits, not the media. To be where we are is a testament to this teams heart and the attitude brought by the new staff. I want to make the playoffs, but I won't be devastated if we don't. This team has exceeded my expectations and I've had the most enjoyable season as a fan since the 2005 season. I can't complain too much... :salute:

But this is also a team that went to KC and won. If we cant win at home the 8-8 will still be very hollow and just more of the same with a different cast the last few years. While i understood we have a young team i didnt expect them to be in the position they are i expect them to finish it, especially with a veteran HC at the helm. A loss Sunday i believe will yet again carry over into the next season because the mentality of this team is very fragile.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 09:57 AM
While i understood we have a young team i didnt expect them to be in the position they are i expect them to finish it, especially with a veteran HC at the helm. A loss Sunday i believe will yet again carry over into the next season because the mentality of this team is very fragile.

I do too.

vandammage13
12-27-2011, 09:59 AM

I know that:

- We are the 2nd youngest offense in the league and the youngest when McGahee isn't on the field. And McGahee's off the field a lot.

- We have a young O-line that has mental lapses and is undisciplined at times. It also hurts that our anchor, Clady, has regressed and is no longer an elite bookend LT.

- We have a young WR corps that has struggled to get open and catch the ball. Not only are they young, but they aren't very good either...I am baffled at how many balls Decker continues to drop...He was as sure-handed as they come coming out of college.

- We have a second year QB with 13 games total under his belt. And it shows...Tebow's been making too many mistakes the last couple of weeks for us to have any chance. Hopefully the worst is behind us.

- We have a defense that is more about will and scheme than talent that is anchored by 2 rookie Safeties and has 3 rookie starters. Our secondary (with Dawkins out) only really has one legit starting-caliber player on it and our D-line is patchwork with some starters who would be backups on most teams. The fact that our best defensive player is a guy who (while still good) is way past his prime and on the verge of having to switch positions, does not bode well for our D.

- The Chiefs were division champs last year and have a solid defense with 2 very good CBs, and 2 extremely good LBs. Their 3 man front is anchored by 2 top-5 picks. Had it not been for their injuries, it might be them playing for the playoffs and us playing spoiler.

- The Chiefs have a good run-blocking O-line and have some good talent at the WR position. Even without Charles, they have three solid and experienced RBs to lean on. It is a concern, considering our D has been shaky at best the last few weeks, and the offense is no longer protecting the ball.

Basically, our team isn't very good, and there's room for improvement at virtually every position.

All that being said, the fact that we are still in it in Week 17 is amazing and exciting and I'll call this season a success no matter what happens this Sunday.

Never thought we'd be in this position in the first place, so I'm going to try not to focus on how many holes we have from here on out and just enjoy the rest of the ride.

catfish
12-27-2011, 10:04 AM
If the Chiefs win I will drink JD till I am no longer coherent....also if Denver wins

Chef Zambini
12-27-2011, 10:27 AM

I know that:

- We have a second year QB with 13 games total under his belt

I said it in a previous post, this season is a success as far as I'm concerned. How many of us really thought we would do this well? Nobody. Not the fans, not the pundits, not the media. To be where we are is a testament to this teams heart and the attitude brought by the new staff. I want to make the playoffs, but I won't be devastated if we don't. This team has exceeded my expectations and I've had the most enjoyable season as a fan since the 2005 season. I can't complain too much... :salute:.
so what your saying is you wont be surprized! this same team LOST to our broncos at home without ORTON, the one difference this time wil be their QB.
so with QB as the only variable, what does a LOSS tell you?
cant wait to hear this.

catfish
12-27-2011, 10:35 AM
so what your saying is you wont be surprized! this same team LOST to our broncos at home without ORTON, the one difference this time wil be their QB.
cant wait to hear this.

I think it is more a matter of Dawkins/McGahee/Miller health....if they are healthy and play the whole game I feel good. If Dawkins is out, McGahee goes out or is limited and Miller is limited due to his thumb that is like 90% of the best players on the team

Chef Zambini
12-27-2011, 10:35 AM
if the cheifs win I will remind you all that it is a victory of "PLAYBOOK"
OVER "STORYBOOK"
its ben a fun season, magical, but the reality is as obvious as the difference between orton and tebow.
and orton stinks.
But his skill set is what wins games, NOT the circus act that tebow brings to the field.
as I have said countless times our broncos have many holes to fill especially in our secondary, but JE wants a QB that he can build around and a loss to orton and the cheifs has to influence his final decision.
Timmy ends up with the jags if he loses to start the new year !

Chef Zambini
12-27-2011, 10:41 AM
I think it is more a matter of Dawkins/McGahee/Miller health....if they are healthy and play the whole game I feel good. If Dawkins is out, McGahee goes out or is limited and Miller is limited due to his thumb that is like 90% of the best players on the teamI agree, that leaves 10 % credit to spread around to TT and the rest of the team.
tebow has maybe 20 great plays this season and another 200 that make him look like somebody stole a uniform to get on the field.
his public defenders want to tell us he has only had 2 bad games when in reality he has had32 lousy quarters and 4 good ones.
now that our fragile D is exposed and otyher teams can but 24+ popints on the board we discover that late game heroics wont be enuff to secure a victory.
and as teams have more tebow film to watch he continues to but upo more bad scenes from a movie non of us want to watch.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I think it is more a matter of Dawkins/McGahee/Miller health....if they are healthy and play the whole game I feel good. If Dawkins is out, McGahee goes out or is limited and Miller is limited due to his thumb that is like 90% of the best players on the team

DJ, Mays, Harris, and Miller had a hell of a game and carried the defense last game, so did RBBC carry the TOP and offense....McGahee will be a bonus in this game as well. I can't remember if Doom played in this game. And tebow had the great pass play to Decker for the touchdown.

Containing McCluster will be key in this game

broncobryce
12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Get really pissed, beat my wife and kids, and burn my elway and tebow jersyes

NightTrainLayne
12-27-2011, 10:47 AM
IF the Broncos lose on Sunday I will NOT COME TO THIS BOARD UNTIL THE DRAFT. :lol:

As a fellow moderator, I REALLY like this idea.

If we lose to KC, the board will blow up. I think I'll take a long vacation too.

Good luck Dread! :laugh:

catfish
12-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree, that leaves 10 % credit to spread around to TT and the rest of the team.
tebow has maybe 20 great plays this season and another 200 that make him look like somebody stole a uniform to get on the field.
his public defenders want to tell us he has only had 2 bad games when in reality he has had32 lousy quarters and 4 good ones.
now that our fragile D is exposed and otyher teams can but 24+ popints on the board we discover that late game heroics wont be enuff to secure a victory.
and as teams have more tebow film to watch he continues to but upo more bad scenes from a movie non of us want to watch.

I am not real sure what the point you are trying to get acroos here is. Should I think a 2nd year QB with less than a years worth of games under his belt should be one of the best players on the team? 99% of qb's in their second year are a liability that needs to be compensated for by either great protection, or playmaking receivers or both. If Tebow is still giving games away in his 7th year I would expect him to get shipped to Kansas City too

Nomad
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM

If we lose to KC, the board will blow up. I think I'll take a long vacation too.

Do your jobs or give your badges to nut and clay!:D

frauschieze
12-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Do your jobs or give your badges to nut and clay!:D

I can get on board with this. :D

Nomad
12-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I can get on board with this. :D

I'm sure hotcarl would be glad to take yours:lol:

vandammage13
12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
I am not real sure what the point you are trying to get acroos here is. Should I think a 2nd year QB with less than a years worth of games under his belt should be one of the best players on the team? 99% of qb's in their second year are a liability that needs to be compensated for by either great protection, or playmaking receivers or both. If Tebow is still giving games away in his 7th year I would expect him to get shipped to Kansas City too

There are absolutely no playmakers on this team.

Another QB that doesn't have a lot of help is Sam Bradford and look how crappy he is...It does seem promising that TT is still able to make things happen with limited weapons and not look as bad as Bradford does.

Just shows that the guy has the ability to be pretty good if/when he does get some dependable weapons around him.

vettesplus
12-27-2011, 11:14 AM
i will just do a Skip Bayless shoulder shrug impersonation and carry on with my daily routine....

BORDERLINE
12-27-2011, 11:20 AM
man they are gonna win this game point blank.

OK even in the event that they lose if you would have told me The Broncos are gonna go 7-4 starting Tebow after the amazing 1-4 record Orton put up, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Imagine having Tebow week 1 vs the Raiders when slap di** Orton dropped the ball, we might have won that game. Same goes for the Titans game where 4 plays inside the 3 and we couldn't get it in.

But that's all water under the bridge. Win and your in so let's GO Broncos

vettesplus
12-27-2011, 11:27 AM

OK even in the event that they lose if you would have told me The Broncos are gonna go 7-4 starting Tebow after the amazing 1-4 record Orton put up, I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Imagine having Tebow week 1 vs the Raiders when slap di** Orton dropped the ball, we might have won that game. Same goes for the Titans game where 4 plays inside the 3 and we couldn't get it in.

same with the bills game, 4 picks....:lol:

Nomad
12-27-2011, 11:33 AM
I read that Phil Simms and Jim Nantz will be the commentators for the game. That means it's the game of the week and hopefully trumps the Oak/SD game up here. Most of the country should get this game as the CBS afternoon game.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2011, 11:39 AM
cant wait to hear this.

It tells me that any team can win or lose on any given Sunday. This Chiefs team is the same one that beat the Packers 2 weeks ago. That win really didn't have a lot to do with the QB. 4 trips to the redzone yielded what, 13 points for them vs the Packers? It's not like Orton is tearing it up. He had a chance to keep KC in it last week vs the Raiders but he did the same thing he always does, threw 2 ill-timed INTs while the offense was driving.

Their defense has really stepped up. Right now, I give us a 50/50 shot. The same odds that I give the Raiders of beating SD. There's a reason that every team in the west is within a game or two of each other. None are elite, but none are easy wins/terrible teams either.

We also had a healthy McGahee, Goodman (who hasn't played well at all since his concussion) and Dawkins in the first game. This week, who knows?

NightTrainLayne
12-27-2011, 11:44 AM
I read that Phil Simms and Jim Nantz will be the commentators for the game. That means it's the game of the week and hopefully trumps the Oak/SD game up here. Most of the country should get this game as the CBS afternoon game.

Bad news if you ask me. Currently we're 0-2 when Simms/Nantz have our game.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Bad news if you ask me. Currently we're 0-2 when Simms/Nantz have our game.

Didn't realize that! Well, BRONCOS will be 1-2 after Sunday.

underrated29
12-27-2011, 11:54 AM

Whats funny is in 5 games orton had double the amount of picks thrown by tebow in 9 games. Infact, I think its more than double and was leading the league....You are right, that is funny....:lol:

BroncoJoe
12-27-2011, 11:59 AM

Yeah. That Brady fella with the Pats would NEVER throw four picks.. :rolleyes:

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Before you say anything, prepare to shut the **** up.

No way we lose to the Chiefs on Sunday. It is our destiny to have it come down to this game, and even still we got a nice backup plan with the Chargers only needing to beat the Raiders. Thats like putting $20 down on a couple of horses to win, only to have the horse step on a landmine and explode killing all the other horses except the other one you bet on. Either way you got a pretty good chance.

I not only think we will win, I'm a little pissed off that everyone is so nervous about this game. I was nervous about the Patriots game because it was a great team and a measuring stick for us. I was worried about the Bills because it was a "better than their record team" with the trifecta of bad juju for the Broncos - 1. Early Game 2. East Coast 3. Team who was on a big losing streak.

But thats besides the point, so I'll play along...

Seriously, win or lose this season has been one of the most fun I can remember. We are not a good team and we have a real shot to win the AFCW. Just enjoy it!

Gonna miss ya, ms. :beer:

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 12:33 PM

I know that:

Well said

Fullback32
12-27-2011, 12:38 PM
If the Broncos lose Sunday, I won't be terribly shocked. Weird stuff has happened all over the NFL this year, so I am glad that I am no betting man.

I am way more interested in what Elway is going to do if the Bronocs lose Sunday.

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 12:45 PM

Maybe you missed the 6(7?) Ints/fumbles of TT's of late?
I have a feeling this team would have a comparable record, had TT started the season. Maybe even worse.

MasterShake
12-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Gonna miss ya, ms. :beer:

The only night I won't be on this board is Sunday night is when I am out celebrating our AFC West Title! :lol:

camdisco24
12-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Maybe you missed the 6(7?) Ints/fumbles of TT's of late?
I have a feeling this team would have a comparable record, had TT started the season. Maybe even worse.

Highly doubt it, but there is no way to tell. Orton himself blew two wins early in the season. I rarely blame one guy, but we all witnessed it. Tebow played a huge part in last week's loss, so I'm not being hypocritical here.

Kyle Orton was bringing this team nowhere. Just admit it.

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:02 PM

While I agree I also don't care if we back in to the playoffs any way possible. Just get to the dance, that's all. Doesn't matter HOW, just arrive.

For some reason I have this feeling that Tebow will play lights out this week. Not sure why I think that I just do.

underrated29
12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
While I agree I also don't care if we back in to the playoffs any way possible. Just get to the dance, that's all. Doesn't matter HOW, just arrive.

For some reason I have this feeling that Tebow will play lights out this week. Not sure why I think that I just do.

Im with you man. People keep talking about backing into the playoffs. We dont deserve crap. blah blah blah...

Guess what, I like watching football but I like watching the broncos even more. So if I can get an extra week of broncos....I dont give a rats ass how it happens as long as it happens. Plus, its been too long for us not to be in the playoffs. Lets get in, get some experience and set the stage for next season.

jlarsiii
12-27-2011, 01:23 PM

I have a hard time seeing Tebow playing "lights out" this week. He has regressed the last two weeks. To me, you are only as good as your last performance and Tebow stunk it up...

As to the OP, if the Broncos lose I will laugh myself silly. Most likely that laughter will come from watching people's heads explode on this board as well as when some sweeping changes are made to the team that someone will complain about endlessly (possibly and including myself).

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Im with you man. People keep talking about backing into the playoffs. We dont deserve crap. blah blah blah...

Guess what, I like watching football but I like watching the broncos even more. So if I can get an extra week of broncos....I dont give a rats ass how it happens as long as it happens. Plus, its been too long for us not to be in the playoffs. Lets get in, get some experience and set the stage for next season.

I actually think people would be happier with a 6 win season, more wins than last year no bitching about end of year collapse everybody wins

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:28 PM
I have a hard time seeing Tebow playing "lights out" this week. He has regressed the last two weeks. To me, you are only as good as your last performance and Tebow stunk it up...

As to the OP, if the Broncos lose I will laugh myself silly. Most likely that laughter will come from watching people's heads explode on this board as well as when some sweeping changes are made to the team that someone will complain about endlessly (possibly and including myself).

I don't know man... Guys like Tebow step up in situations like this, especially when they have something to prove after playing so poorly the week before.

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't know man... Guys like Tebow step up in situations like this, especially when they have something to prove after playing so poorly the week before.

I don't want him to try to step up. I want him to not shit the bed...nothing more. He starts trying to force it you are going to be looking at turnovers, and the D can't afford that. This is a team built to let the D keep it close, there isn't the firepower for an explosive O. IAOFM has a writeup on the game... interesting on reasons for loss

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/observations-from-a-debacle

jlarsiii
12-27-2011, 01:35 PM

I hope you are right. I thought Tebow would do that going into the Buffalo game which is why I have little confidence of it happening this week.

Edit: I hope they go out and win their way into the playoffs. I am just a little anxious that our D was exposed the last two weeks, and Tebow doesn't have the skill set yet to win a shootout type of game when falling behind by 2+ scores.

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:40 PM
I hope you are right. I thought Tebow would do that going into the Buffalo game which is why I have little confidence of it happening this week.

My personal opinion is that the team is young and started to think they were better than they actually are..they lost to the Pats and thought "well yeah it is the Pats, and we shot ourselves in the foot otherwise we had them" much like most people here, then they looked at the Bills record said "they aren't very good this is in the bag"(a thought stated by McGahee after the game) went out and got taught why there is no such thing as a bad NFL team. Hopefully they learned their lesson and come out on fire

Davii
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM
If the Broncos lose... I will scream at my TV, pace my living room for a while, relax for a bit, be thankful for the better record than last year, play some MW3, get on here and discuss the draft, root for the Saints to win their second Super Bowl, and look forward to seeing more improvement next year...

Hell, my job isn't at stake....

jlarsiii
12-27-2011, 01:48 PM
My personal opinion is that the team is young and started to think they were better than they actually are..they lost to the Pats and thought "well yeah it is the Pats, and we shot ourselves in the foot otherwise we had them" much like most people here, then they looked at the Bills record said "they aren't very good this is in the bag"(a thought stated by McGahee after the game) went out and got taught why there is no such thing as a bad NFL team. Hopefully they learned their lesson and come out on fire

I guess that could have been their mentality, but I have a hard time buying it with a veteran HC at the helm along with some great veteran leadership on the squad. There is no way they would go out there with a "got it in the bag" mentality when there is an opportunity to secure a playoff spot. A good coaching staff would have emphasized the opportunity and beaten the "sure thing" attitude out of the team.

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I guess that could have been their mentality, but I have a hard time buying it with a veteran HC at the helm along with some great veteran leadership on the squad. There is no way they would go out there with a "got it in the bag" mentality when there is an opportunity to secure a playoff spot. A good coaching staff would have emphasized the opportunity and beaten the "sure thing" attitude out of the team.

I am sure that the veterans were very vocal about it, as were the coaches, but overall the team is very young....2-3 vocal vets could have gotten drowned out by a bunch of young excited players. I am more extrapolationg from the quote from McGahee saying the team overlooked the Bills due to their record. Sounded like maybe the Vets were telling them it was a trap game, and they weren't listening.

Again it is all my opinion, but I have been on a team as a captain where that has happened before. String a couple of wins together with mediocre talent and all the sudden the young guys think they are ******* allstars. Doesn't matter what you say as a leader, until a bad team comes along and kicks their ass they dont listen.

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Whats funny is in 5 games orton had double the amount of picks thrown by tebow in 9 games. Infact, I think its more than double and was leading the league....You are right, that is funny....:lol:
Seems to me orton was throwing early and often, vs tt's scant few attempts....no run gm....LOTJ ORT.....defense......

Perspective.

catfish
12-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Seems to me orton was throwing early and often, vs tt's scant few attempts....no run gm....LOTJ ORT.....defense......

Perspective.

Orton has 68 starts and over 2000 passing attempts in his career, Tebow has 13 starts and a little over 300 attempts....back at ya

underrated29
12-27-2011, 02:14 PM

Perspective.

I think tebow has a top lowest turnover percentage of ALL Qbs-fumbles and passes. I know when Orton was here this year he was 32- or in other words leagues most turnovers.

catfish
12-27-2011, 02:15 PM
I think tebow has a top lowest turnover percentage of ALL Qbs-fumbles and passes. I know when Orton was here this year he was 32- or in other words leagues most turnovers.

to be fair I strongly doubt Teobw is still in the top 5 after the last game

underrated29
12-27-2011, 02:20 PM
I actually think people would be happier with a 6 win season, more wins than last year no bitching about end of year collapse everybody wins

You are right.

or think of it this way. lets say we let orton start and lose one more week, knocking us out of playoff contention. Then we bring tebow in, he loses his first three games and then wins out. People we be praising joy and everything would be right in this world.

Instead, tebow wins a bunch in a row and loses two in a row and now everyone is off the bandwagon again. Negative Nancys and too fair weather for my taste. You win some, you lose some. I predicted at the start of the year tebow would have a real bad losing streak where he played like crap. Well, i called it for...fear of saying it...lets just say I thought it might be more than two bad weeks...But after that he would get his shit together and come back out and play well.

Everyone goes through slumps and bad stretches, but it seems with this crowd, and tebow for whatever reason, that that is not something that can happen. That we should be immune to such things. for whatever reason I do not know.

catfish
12-27-2011, 02:24 PM
You are right.

or think of it this way. lets say we let orton start and lose one more week, knocking us out of playoff contention. Then we bring tebow in, he loses his first three games and then wins out. People we be praising joy and everything would be right in this world.

Instead, tebow wins a bunch in a row and loses two in a row and now everyone is off the bandwagon again. Negative Nancys and too fair weather for my taste. You win some, you lose some. I predicted at the start of the year tebow would have a real bad losing streak where he played like crap. Well, i called it for...fear of saying it...lets just say I thought it might be more than two bad weeks...But after that he would get his shit together and come back out and play well.

Everyone goes through slumps and bad stretches, but it seems with this crowd, and tebow for whatever reason, that that is not something that can happen. That we should be immune to such things. for whatever reason I do not know.

I agree, to a certain extent about the bandwagon. Lt me say however I will not knock the fanbase as they are one of the most passionate I have run across. I would rather have a team moving the goalposts, rather than a team that settles for mediocrity any day, frustrating as it may sometimes be. A rational FO to counter teh emotional fanbase is what the team needs, and is what it has IMO. This team could be a force to be reckoned with in 3 years. I am used to the negativity after a loss from following my college team so I expect it a little more I guess

BORDERLINE
12-27-2011, 11:41 PM

Perspective.

Yeah because Orton "The Statue" could only throw. The Tebownator does not drop balls out of his hands, he's too busy getting in the end zone. And winning pfff who wants that huh?

Orton can be a good back-up no one is denying that (well at least not me). But this guy just does not have the passion and drive to be a shot caller plain and simple. It's not like we are making sh** up and saying he folds under pressure with out evidence. We all witnessed it this year and last year.

Orton didn't have a running game with this team but Tebow does? this is the same team right

dogfish
12-28-2011, 12:13 AM
You are right.

bitches be triflin', yo. . . .

NameUsedBefore
12-28-2011, 02:37 AM
I will spare these forums my presence for I believe many members here will have utterly intolerable reactions.

dogfish
12-28-2011, 02:48 AM
I will spare these forums my presence for I believe many members here will have utterly intolerable reactions.

like spontaneous combustion?

Sinthor
12-28-2011, 05:13 AM

I know that:

Couldn't agree more with this. It's been a wild and at least enjoyable season either way. If they do make the playoffs that's just one more improbable step on the journey. Don't forget, they also had the third toughest schedule to start the season. Quite the setup for a last place team!