PDA

View Full Version : Broncos At The Crossroad

Shazam!
12-27-2011, 01:11 AM
So much is riding on this game vs. KC.

In fact it scares the hell out of me, because there are two totally different scenarios after the outcome.

Tim Tebow - His future in Denver is at stake. If he cannot win this game and ends the Season in such a sour fashion, Denver's front office will decidedly (and likely the right move) go in a different direction.

Elway's reputation - If KC comes in and wins he'll get slaughtered for letting Orton go to a Division rival in an upcoming game that was crucial.

Fox's reputation - Third straight Broncos Coach in 5 years that couldn't wrap it up when he had a chance, part of another epic Broncos collapse.

I know this is a young team in rebuilding mode but they should be able to clinch after going on such a run.

The outcome of this game will decide the future of the Broncos as we know it.

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Kc is the defending div champ, and has alot riding on their season as well. Looking for a New coach after a dismal season, beset by key injuries and a ***** HC.
Theyll look to go out on a high not. Doing it on the road, even better.

Sure wouldnt be the first time theyve done it in denver.

The moment they got orton, some of us saw this gm as do-or-die.

I see them running/passing all over the _efense, and TT having an avg gm.

It all comes down to oak/sd game.
Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Shazam!
12-27-2011, 07:17 AM
The Chiefs were up and down and riddled with catastrophic injuries.

Denver came off a hit streak and just wilted. We werent expecting them to beat the Pats but to get HAMMERED like that in Buffalo nobody expected.

This game will define the 2011 Broncos... and the 2012 Broncos.

If there is the epic collapse we've all seen time and time again, thrre will be major upheaval coming I tell you.

threefolddead
12-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Robert Johnson sold is soul to the devil to play guitar so maybe this team could sell theirs to be able to play football with a little heart this last week.

NightTrainLayne
12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Robert Johnson sold is soul to the devil to play guitar so maybe this team could sell theirs to be able to play football with a little heart this last week.

Robert Johnson died of poisoning and never lived to see the success of his music, or the Blues genre.

The Broncos need to choose the right path at the Crossroads. . .and that means no "quick fix" soul-selling victories.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 11:59 AM
If there is the epic collapse we've all seen time and time again, thrre will be major upheaval coming I tell you.

claymore said there is to be NO drama in the offseason.

camdisco24
12-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Kc is the defending div champ, and has alot riding on their season as well. Looking for a New coach after a dismal season, beset by key injuries and a ***** HC.

Good luck to your Chiefs this weekend. They're going to need it.

:beer:

camdisco24
12-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Seriously though, if the Broncos lose we're not shipping Tebow out of town. We're not going to have a major shake up, ect ect.

This season gave us something to build off of. Sure there will be changes, but it's not going to be a total rebuild as some have suggested. We're still trying to put this puzzle together, but we're obviously still missing some important pieces.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 12:06 PM
rc.....you should go to the game! You brought the BRONCOS luck last time and they came away with a win.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Seriously though, if the Broncos lose we're not shipping Tebow out of town. We're not going to have a major shake up, ect ect.

This season gave us something to build off of. Sure there will be changes, but it's not going to be a total rebuild as some have suggested. We're still trying to put this puzzle together, but we're obviously still missing some important pieces.

You think Norv Turner would make a good OC here or not the right fit for Tebow.

topscribe
12-27-2011, 12:14 PM

The Broncos have beaten a few teams that were better than they this season.
They're going to have to do it again. The Chiefs have a better defense, a
better passing game, and, if McGahee can't go full speed, a better running
game. Moreover, Denver's defensive backfield is seriously depleted, and
with Miller in a cast, the pass rush is not as effective.

The novelty is no more. The Broncos now are going to have to figure out how
to outplay the opponent. Maybe that will happen. I hope so. But I'm not
optimistic at this point . . .

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Good luck to your Chiefs this weekend. They're going to need it.

:beer:
Ya'll need to come up with something better. :coffee:

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 12:20 PM
rc.....you should go to the game! You brought the BRONCOS luck last time and they came away with a win.
That was my Christmas gift from the wife. No much left in the pot. :(

Maybe mccoy will decide "hey, the option worked last time, sooooooo......."

elsid13
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
claymore said there is to be NO drama in the offseason.

Claymore also believes that strippers are actually doing to pay their way through school.

If Denver loses and Tebow struggles passing the ball, then there will be competition next training camp for the starting job.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 12:22 PM
The Broncos have beaten a few teams that were better than they this season.
They're going to have to do it again. The Chiefs have a better defense, a
better passing game, and, if McGahee can't go full speed, a better running
game. Moreover, Denver's defensive backfield is seriously depleted, and
with Miller in a cast, the pass rush is not as effective.

The novelty is no more. The Broncos now are going to have to figure out how
to outplay the opponent. Maybe that will happen. I hope so. But I'm not
optimistic at this point . . .

Perhaps....but I believe a little Mile High Magic will come into play.

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Theyd have to put "NEVER TO BE HC" in the contract, tho. ;')

Nomad
12-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Theyd have to put "NEVER TO BE HC" in the contract, tho. ;')

:laugh:

camdisco24
12-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Anyone is an upgrade to McCoy. Norv is actually pretty creative and I think he's obviously much more gutsy than McCoy as well... I think the roadblock to landing Turner would be Fox. They have very different styles.

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Orton is playing for his future as well. If he plays well he has a legit chance of starting for KC next season, and that is our biggest hope as a team. Orton typically folds under pressure and I hope the Denver fans are relentless on him all day long, we need them to be.

Bowe and Breaston could give our weak secondary fits. The key will be Dumerville and Miller getting to Orton, disrupting his timing and forcing him to make plays.

If Orton comes into Denver and knocks us out of the playoffs then this reflects pretty poorly on Elway for releasing him in the first place and good on Pioli for picking him up. As much as Orton disgusted me in a Denver uniform he is a major upgrade over Tyler Palko.

Also, Romeo Crennel is coaching for his future in KC as well. He will pull out all the stops. That is evident by the fact that Orton is starting and not Stanzi, who the team probably needs to evaluate going into the offseason. They won't get the chance because Crennel is playing the political card trying to win the HC gig full-time.

This is by far the most interesting game of the weeked, so many side-stories.

It will be interesting.

I think we will lose to KC and the Chargers will beat the Raiders and it won't matter anyway.

NightTerror218
12-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Orton is playing for his future as well. If he plays well he has a legit chance of starting for KC next season, and that is our biggest hope as a team. Orton typically folds under pressure and I hope the Denver fans are relentless on him all day long, we need them to be.

Bowe and Breaston could give our weak secondary fits. The key will be Dumerville and Miller getting to Orton, disrupting his timing and forcing him to make plays.

If Orton comes into Denver and knocks us out of the playoffs then this reflects pretty poorly on Elway for releasing him in the first place and good on Pioli for picking him up. As much as Orton disgusted me in a Denver uniform he is a major upgrade over Tyler Palko.

Also, Romeo Crennel is coaching for his future in KC as well. He will pull out all the stops. That is evident by the fact that Orton is starting and not Stanzi, who the team probably needs to evaluate going into the offseason. They won't get the chance because Crennel is playing the political card trying to win the HC gig full-time.

This is by far the most interesting game of the weeked, so many side-stories.

It will be interesting.

I think we will lose to KC and the Chargers will beat the Raiders and it won't matter anyway.

I dont think he has any chance to start for KC next year they have Cassel locked. But he raises his chance of other teams picking him up like Jax.

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:04 PM
I dont think he has any chance to start for KC next year they have Cassel locked. But he raises his chance of other teams picking him up like Jax.

Cassel only has a year or 2 left on his contract and Orton is an upgrade over him. Neither is good, but Orton is the better of the 2. I wouldn't discount Orton's chances in KC, he has played fairly well in his 2 starts and they are starved for a QB who can make actual NFL throws.

NightTerror218
12-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Cassel only has a year or 2 left on his contract and Orton is an upgrade over him. Neither is good, but Orton is the better of the 2. I wouldn't discount Orton's chances in KC, he has played fairly well in his 2 starts and they are starved for a QB who can make actual NFL throws.

The seem pretty sold on their por bowl QB from last year :rolleyes:

But depends also who is the HC. McDaniels will love to have him, if he does go there.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 01:06 PM
BRONCOS are starving for a division title and playoff berth.....man, if that can't drive this team I don't know what will. Can't wait till Sunday!

Fullback32
12-27-2011, 01:07 PM

And just to think that if McD had his way...

NightTerror218
12-27-2011, 01:07 PM
i like that the broncos has been on TV every week recently. I can actually watch the game rather then watch for phone updates or stream.

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:08 PM
The seem pretty sold on their por bowl QB from last year :rolleyes:

But depends also who is the HC. McDaniels will love to have him, if he does go there.

Have you seen Cassel's arm? It makes Orton look like Dan Marino. The problem with him is that he simply cannot make NFL throws with accuracy. Pro Bowl or not the fans don't like him and he has been putrid this year.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 01:10 PM
I believe the Raiders will beat the Chargers....Chargers have about as much confidence in their game as some of the BRONCO fans here in the BRONCOS beating the Chiefs, and I hope Fox leaves the score on the scoreboard to see how this team reacts. It shouldn't matter because the BRONCOS will be winning anyway.

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:12 PM
I would really love to see Denver explode for 40 points on someone. Just put in 1 total-domination of another team, for a week.

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I would really love to see Denver explode for 40 points on someone. Just put in 1 total-domination of another team, for a week.

also I would like to see a unicorn that farts rainbows....while we are dreaming ;)

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:23 PM
True...

jlarsiii
12-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Your post is so contradictory. We are not going to have a major shake up, but we are still trying to put the puzzle together while we are obviously missing some important pieces? Sounds pretty close to a total rebuild to me.

This team lacks a lot of talent, and is not one player away from being elite, so there will hopefully be a LOT of building and rebuilding to come in the next couple of years to fix all of the weaknesses and areas of need.

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Your post is so contradictory. We are not going to have a major shake up, but we are still trying to put the puzzle together while we are obviously missing some important pieces? Sounds pretty close to a total rebuild to me.

This team lacks a lot of talent, and is not one player away from being elite, so there will hopefully be a LOT of building and rebuilding to come in the next couple of years to fix all of the weaknesses and areas of need.

I think he meant major shakeup like coaches getting the ax, not talent infusion

jlarsiii
12-27-2011, 01:54 PM
I think he meant major shakeup like coaches getting the ax, not talent infusion

True. Maybe his crystal ball is better than mine, but there is no guarantee of something happening, or not, after this season. We could be out both a D coordinator and and O coordinator before the super bowl is played. Or not. Hard to say right now either way...

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:56 PM
True. Maybe his crystal ball is better than mine, but there is no guarantee of something happening, or not, after this season. We could be out both a D coordinator and and O coordinator before the super bowl is played. Or not. Hard to say right now either way...

true, noone here's crystal ball works better than any others. We are all posting opinions and gut feelings. Of course mine are the only ones that are right 100% of the time :)

Nomad
12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Any chance in those crystal balls that Tebow passes Bree's passing record in 2021?:lol:

catfish
12-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Any chance in those crystal balls that Tebow passes Bree's passing record in 2021?:lol:

::shakes crystal ball::

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg278/crucibelle/14.gif

camdisco24
12-27-2011, 05:02 PM

Nah, it's not contradictory. There's a HUGE difference between shipping out a few dead weight players and/or coaches to bring in some new talent vs. starting over with a new staff or QB on up.... We have a VERY young team, so to say we have A LOT of rebuilding to do is a little over the top. Obviously it's going to take more than one or two guys, but I never said that... We need to give these young guys at minimum 1 season to prove if they can make it.

Every team is trying to put together a perfect "puzzle", they're looking for new pieces each and every off season. Doesn't mean they're starting totally new every time does it? It took GB years to build what they have now, but they never freaked out and scrapped everything (coaches, players, ect) after an 8-8 or 9-7 season did they?

And this has nothing to do with a crystal ball, it's just my opinion and outlook on what I think should/might happen. Take it or leave it.

catfish
12-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Nah, it's not contradictory. There's a HUGE difference between shipping out a few dead weight players and/or coaches to bring in some new talent vs. starting over with a new staff or QB on up.... We have a VERY young team, so to say we have A LOT of rebuilding to do is a little over the top. Obviously it's going to take more than one or two guys, but I never said that... We need to give these young guys at minimum 1 season to prove if they can make it.

Every team is trying to put together a perfect "puzzle", they're looking for new pieces each and every off season. Doesn't mean they're starting totally new every time does it? It took GB years to build what they have now, but they never freaked out and scrapped everything (coaches, players, ect) after an 8-8 or 9-7 season did they?

And this has nothing to do with a crystal ball, it's just my opinion and outlook on what I should should/might happen. Take it or leave it.

I am actually concerned that the lack of vets is going to cause the development of the young players to take longer....thoughts?

camdisco24
12-27-2011, 05:05 PM
I am actually concerned that the lack of vets is going to cause the development of the young players to take longer....thoughts?

Ehh, it could? But I would hope we have a competent enough coaching staff to see past that. It's tough to say though. That's why I'd LOVE to see B-Dawk hang around as a coach if this is his last season. Not sure if he'd do that for us though, cause I think his heart will always be in Philly.

NightTrainLayne
12-27-2011, 05:07 PM

I disagree. One or two vets are great on each side of the ball to show the work ethic necessary, but more than that, and you are just taking playing time away from the young guys.

Playing time in the game is much more valuable in developing players imo. It can be ugly sometimes, but that's how they learn.

Having more vets would serve to win more now, but imo it would slow down development more.

catfish
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
I disagree. One or two vets are great on each side of the ball to show the work ethic necessary, but more than that, and you are just taking playing time away from the young guys.

Playing time in the game is much more valuable in developing players imo. It can be ugly sometimes, but that's how they learn.

Having more vets would serve to win more now, but imo it would slow down development more.

I was more concerned with the little tips of the trade that a vet picks up over the years being passed on.....a head fake for a receiver, how to bait a qb from a safety, pre-play reads for a lineman etc coaches can teach scheme technique etc, but a guy like Bailey might be able to help a new guy develop faster if he took him under his wing.....not so much interested in winning now, although that would be nice