PDA

View Full Version : We are going to beat KC this week

lgenf
12-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Book it!

This team went on a roll earlier and hit a rough patch these last two weeks, but this week, our entire team, special teams, offense and defense will rebound and we will beat KC this week.

Get on the bandwagon now, space is limited and we are headed to the playoffs to surprise some folks!

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I am actually thinking we are going to lose in an ugly game. I don't see our offense doing much at all on their defense, considering how our offense has looked the last couple weeks and their defense has looked. But I don't think it's going to matter because I think SD is going to beat Oakland.

Nomad
12-26-2011, 10:14 PM
BRONCOS will win

Dzone
12-26-2011, 10:17 PM
I hope you are right and we can beat KC. After the last two games, I am wondering what team is going to show up for us.

camdisco24
12-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm feeling good things about this game. The last two weeks had something negative in the air... now that's all gone.

Ready to see if these guys can respond to pressure. If they can't the playoffs would be ugly anyways.

BORDERLINE
12-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Hell Yeah we are gonna win this game!!!!!

We Will show up and show out the chiefs.

I have a gut feeling that we will cream them!!!!

igoe4broncos
12-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Tebow is best when everyone is doubting him, and that's all we will hear in the media this week. I expect Tebow to work his tail off and be ready to go on Sunday. He has thrived in big games throughout his career and I expect him to have a monster game against KC.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Orton comes out hot and leads the Chiefs to an opening TD drive, but he will fold as the game progresses -- just as he always did with us.

This team is going to get this done. Believe it.

camdisco24
12-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I expect an Orton mistake to give us a burst of momentum early or a game ending fumble/pick. Maybe both.

rcsodak
12-26-2011, 11:27 PM
I expect an Orton mistake to give us a burst of momentum early or a game ending fumble/pick. Maybe both.

How many picks does the denver _efense have for the year?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

camdisco24
12-27-2011, 12:13 AM

Not sure but why does it matter? It's going to go up by at least 2 this weekend. :D

KCL
12-27-2011, 12:22 AM

McCluster has been known to fumble..not sure how many times he has this season.Battle does a good job of protecting the ball..hope he continues to do so and hope he is ready to battle...no pun intended..well maybe a little.

It's hard telling which team will show up in this game.The team that had a pretty much flawless game against GB or the team that let the Phins get their first win.

I've been impressed with R LB Justin Houston.Hopefully,he'll have a good game along with Hali and Johnson.Our CBs aren't too shabby along with our S Lewis.

I hope Orton is able to get the ball to the "Killer Bees" as they've been called in KC..and look out for TE Leonard Pope...that big boy is a sleeper and can and will be used if needed.

Lucky for you all..Charles is injured.Have really missed him this season.

Again you never know which team will show up.

MOtorboat
12-27-2011, 12:39 AM

Your butt hurt truly is astounding.

Davii
12-27-2011, 01:42 AM

Good old negative Nancy... How you been?

VonSackemMiller
12-27-2011, 03:59 AM
I believe the team will come to play also and get a win, But i still want the chargers to pound oakland just to be safe lol.

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Your butt hurt truly is astounding.really, shorty?

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Good old negative Nancy... How you been?
Damn. Guess nobody knows the answer to a simple question. So lets attack the poster if he isnt all tulips n roses about the current roster/team.

Same ol' same ol'. :coffee:

Nomad
12-27-2011, 08:19 AM
McCluster has been known to fumble..not sure how many times he has this season.Battle does a good job of protecting the ball..hope he continues to do so and hope he is ready to battle...no pun intended..well maybe a little.

It's hard telling which team will show up in this game.The team that had a pretty much flawless game against GB or the team that let the Phins get their first win.

I've been impressed with R LB Justin Houston.Hopefully,he'll have a good game along with Hali and Johnson.Our CBs aren't too shabby along with our S Lewis.

I hope Orton is able to get the ball to the "Killer Bees" as they've been called in KC..and look out for TE Leonard Pope...that big boy is a sleeper and can and will be used if needed.

Lucky for you all..Charles is injured.Have really missed him this season.

Again you never know which team will show up.

Last game, the BRONCOS did a good job containing McCluster and the Chiefs run game but with Orton the dumpoffs will need to be defended well which is one of the BRONCOS achilles heel......BRONCOS need to do the same so McCluster will not be the x factor for the Chiefs. The defense had a hell of a game especially Williams and Miller and they need to show up again.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2011, 09:24 AM
really, shorty?

In order to be a closet Chiefs' fan... you need to keep it in the closet...

Joel
12-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Nine, which is tied with two other teams for 4th worst in the League. It's a pretty sobering stat: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2011&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_INTERCEPTIONS If we beat KC it'll have to be by containing their outside run and pressuring Orton, because we can't play coverage to save our lives or season, especially not without Dawkins. The "blueprint" for beating Denver now is: Shred Denvers secondary by throwing at ANYONE but Champ. KC didn't protect their QB well last time, and folks counting on Ortons fainting to give us the game may find that's our only hope.

On offense it's pretty simple, but not necessarily easy: KCs D is much better suited to smash mouth football than our offense, and McGahee won't run wild even if he can stay in the game, so the line must protect Tebow, who must find his receivers, who must catch the ball. That's how we won last time when McGahee and Moreno left the game (Lance Ball averaged 3.2 yards on 30 carries, the longest of which was 9 yards; I have no clue why he's our #2 back.)
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311113012

lgenf
12-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Tebow will get back to what made this offense successful earlier this year with him RUNNING for yds instead of waiting and waiting and waiting for these WRs to get open

He just needs to take off and get those 5-8 yds a clip and keep the drives alive

That's what we do this week and we put the chiefs away

vandammage13
12-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Tebow will get back to what made this offense successful earlier this year with him RUNNING for yds instead of waiting and waiting and waiting for these WRs to get open

He just needs to take off and get those 5-8 yds a clip and keep the drives alive

I agree...I think TT is trying to hard to make plays happen with his arm and trying to prove he can get it done conventionally.

He just needs to get back to doing what works for him THIS Year and save the time for improving the passing game in the offseason.

This team is better off right now when TT just moves the chains with his legs and just making the pass when it is there, as opposed to scrambling and waiting for one of our average WR's to break open.

vandammage13
12-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Also, I'm baffled that there very seldomly seems to be a checkdown RB in our passing game...

Not sure if there is not a good recieving RB on the roster now that Knowshow is out, but I hardly ever see an outlet reciever in our passing game. It's not that TT isn't hitting the checkdown, its that the checkdown isn't even there. Seems like all the routes are down the field and not much being run underneath.

Anyone else notice this or agree/disagree with this assessment?

vettesplus
12-27-2011, 11:17 AM
BRONCOS "should" win

Corrected...

Davii
12-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Damn. Guess nobody knows the answer to a simple question. So lets attack the poster if he isnt all tulips n roses about the current roster/team.

Same ol' same ol'. :coffee:

Agreed on the same ol' same ol' part. Haven't seen a positive post from your phone in a long time.

Fullback32
12-27-2011, 12:43 PM
The Chiefs will will 129 - 3. Orton will break Brees' record this weekend. Wait...wrong thread.

Joel
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM

If we average 6.5 YPC running, yeah, we'll be fine, whether it's Tebow, McGahee or me carrying the ball. Unfortunately, there's a very good reason we quit calling option plays and running Tebow so much: He hasn't been regularly running for first downs and scores in about a month, even when we tried (and we tried it a LOT against the Bears.)

Unless the D screws up, that SHOULDN'T work against pro players, because almost every member of almost every front seven is as fast AND strong as Tebow. His sheer athleticism overwhelmed college kids who just played well enough for free educations; there's no one like that in the pros. The NFL's a different world, where he knows as well as anyone successful QBs must pass well, hence he's working hard to develop his passing.

Meanwhile, we only averaged 4.4 YPC against KC last time (the NFL average has been 4.2 for decades) but got away with running 55 times anyway, because their offense did little. We still needed a long TD pass from Tebow to win, and that was with Dawkins and a two handed Miller; since we won't have the last two this weekend, we'll need the first more than ever.

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Is it possible that the physical toll of this season is being felt by Tebow at this point? He has taken a TON of hits.

MOtorboat
12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Is it possible that the physical toll of this season is being felt by Tebow at this point? He has taken a TON of hits.

I think it looks like it has. I think that's part of his hesitation to run. That's why running backs last three years and quarterbacks 12. And that's why he has to become a pocket passer first.

topscribe
12-27-2011, 02:08 PM
In order to be a closet Chiefs' fan... you need to keep it in the closet...

I don't know about you, but I do know RC goes back a long, long way with the
Broncos.

I don't have a lot of hope for this game. And if anyone wants to question my
loyalty toward the Broncos over that, they should have seen the first game the
Broncos ever played, and then stuck with them for fourteen long years before
enjoying a winning season with them. Then they might have something to say.

MasterShake
12-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Broncos.

Top I hope you can't fault me for not being able to see the first Broncos game since I wasn't born yet. If I could have I would have went with you. I also would have foot pedaled the ol' Flintstones Car with you to the Drive In back in the day as well.

;)

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Agreed on the same ol' same ol' part. Haven't seen a positive post from your phone in a long time.
So only positive posts are allowed here now?

And youre not looking hard enough, then.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Top I hope you can't fault me for not being able to see the first Broncos game since I wasn't born yet. If I could have I would have went with you. I also would have foot pedaled the ol' Flintstones Car with you to the Drive In back in the day as well.

;)

So you're saying they actually used rocks back in the day for footballs:D Man, that must of hurt if the pass went through the hands and hit one in the noggan.

topscribe
12-27-2011, 02:16 PM

;)

That doesn't make me more of a fan than someone else, and I didn't mean it to
sound like that. I just don't understand how someone can question how much of
a fan another poster is when that other poster expresses some doubt about his
team's abilities, especially when that poster goes back further with the team
than what most others can even imagine. Rooting for the team to win is one
thing, and being realistic about the team's chances is another.

topscribe
12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
So you're saying they actually used rocks back in the day for footballs:D Man, that must of hurt if the pass went through the hands and hit one in the noggan.

Those leather helmets were better protection than you think . . . :D

Nomad
12-27-2011, 02:18 PM

That would make me a Ravens fan then because I always liked Ngata and don't think we'll ever beat them in baltimore

MasterShake
12-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Oh, I don't care and I know what you meant. I just wanted to make another "Top is so old..." joke. :lol:

topscribe
12-27-2011, 02:21 PM
That would make me a Ravens fan then because I always liked Ngata and don't think we'll ever beat them in baltimore

Sure you're a Ravens fan. And I'm shorter than Mo and fatter than King . . .

topscribe
12-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh, I don't care and I know what you meant. I just wanted to make another "Top is so old..." joke. :lol:

Ah, I know. Don't mind me. As I noted in another thread, I've just gone soft . . .

MasterShake
12-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Ah, I know. Don't mind me. As I noted in another thread, I've just gone soft . . .

I know! Where is the Top that used to take out Sabre Toothed Tigers with just his bare hands??

lgenf
12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Broncos WIN this week!

Doesn't matter how long anyone has cheered for is team

We have a home game against a heated division rival

With out previously cut QB who lead this team to a wopping 7-54 or something like that

All that matters is this:

Win and we're in
It's a revenge game against Orton and all that mediocre he brings to the table
AFC West Champions
Big rebound for the team after two sub-par games

Oh and Doom and the rest of the defense get to take out their frustrations they had each and every time they had to hear "Orton throws another INT, or Orton fumbled the ball again" and they had to take the field again

VonSackemMiller
12-28-2011, 06:31 AM
The worst thing we could possibly do is just let orton sit back in the pocket, We know orton folds under pressure. pressure will be the key. Doom and von these so called PRO BOWLERS better bring the heat allday.

BORDERLINE
12-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Just woke up a little while ago and had a amazing dream. NO it wasn't one that involved women but just a notch under that.

I was watching the Broncos game and they where losing by 4-5 and Tebow lead the Broncos down field and threw the go ahead touchdown to D.T in a back shoulder throw in the endzone. Now it was either the Chiefs or the Redskins but let's just say the Chefs since we are playing them had like 30 seconds to drive down the field with no time outs. They threw a bomb that was completed to the 49-50 yard line but ran out of time and we won the game.

A Good sign going into Sunday. Victory will be OURS!!!!!!!!!

VonSackemMiller
12-28-2011, 01:39 PM
lol @ chiefs or redskins. I guess it was somebody with a feather on the helmet huh

HORSEPOWER 56
12-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Broncos.

A picture paints a thousand words... It's no secret that some folks here were big Orton fans who mysteriously disappeared when he was replaced by Tebow, only showing up long enough to snipe at Tebow if he stumbled because their favorite guy was on the pine.

They were mostly silent through all of our winning (and acted like it made them miserable to see) and only took the time to post when they had something negative to say regardless of the fact that we won 6 straight games and set ourselves up for a playoff push. It's not even just hating on Tebow, it's that their guy isn't here anymore. They've become the lurkers who just wait to pounce and revel in the delight of a Broncos loss even more so at the hands of the Chiefs and Orton so they can say, "I told you so! We should've kept Orton!", which we all know is a crock.

Those same folks have returned with a vengeance of late spewing nothing but venom toward the team they supposedly like and nothing but praise for a division rival they supposedly hate... They have become the anti-Tebois. Nobody is putting words in their mouths, they are doing a damned fine job of showing where their true colors lie all by themselves.

What kind of a fan roots for another team against their own team just based on a player? What kind of fan has nothing positive to say about a team that went from 1-4 to 8-7 and a shot at the playoffs? One that has clear ulterior motives and sees this as his chance to say I told you so. I don't care how long someone has claimed to be a fan, you show it every day through your actions and words. I'm not saying don't criticize the team, but constantly minimizing their accomplishments while delighting in the accomplishments of "hated teams" might just say a lot more than was actually typed...

BroncoNut
12-28-2011, 02:14 PM
KCL? Awesome. Where and what time?

Dean
12-28-2011, 02:18 PM
A picture paints a thousand words... It's no secret that some folks here were big Orton fans who mysteriously disappeared when he was replaced by Tebow, only showing up long enough to snipe at Tebow if he stumbled because their favorite guy was on the pine.

They were mostly silent through all of our winning (and acted like it made them miserable to see) and only took the time to post when they had something negative to say regardless of the fact that we won 6 straight games and set ourselves up for a playoff push. It's not even just hating on Tebow, it's that their guy isn't here anymore. They've become the lurkers who just wait to pounce and revel in the delight of a Broncos loss even more so at the hands of the Chiefs and Orton so they can say, "I told you so! We should've kept Orton!", which we all know is a crock.

Those same folks have returned with a vengeance of late spewing nothing but venom toward the team they supposedly like and nothing but praise for a division rival they supposedly hate... They have become the anti-Tebois. Nobody is putting words in their mouths, they are doing a damned fine job of showing where their true colors lie all by themselves.

What kind of a fan roots for another team against their own team just based on a player? What kind of fan has nothing positive to say about a team that went from 1-4 to 8-7 and a shot at the playoffs? One that has clear ulterior motives and sees this as his chance to say I told you so. I don't care how long someone has claimed to be a fan, you show it every day through your actions and words. I'm not saying don't criticize the team, but constantly minimizing their accomplishments while delighting in the accomplishments of "hated teams" might just say a lot more than was actually typed...

The problem with painting with such a broad brush is that you sometimes go over the lines.

KCL
12-28-2011, 02:52 PM
KCL? Awesome. Where and what time?

I must have missed something nut cause I have no idea what this
post means........:lol:

BroncoJoe
12-28-2011, 03:24 PM

nut gets confused sometimes.

pnbronco
12-28-2011, 06:44 PM
The problem with painting with such a broad brush is that you sometimes go over the lines.

Yup, it's called perception. We see things from our point of view, given our background and experience. Even if you just use black and white there is still a lot of gray that can show up and my gray is different than others.

Jsteve01
12-28-2011, 07:01 PM

that's not the problem. The receivers are coming open. He's not running through his progressions

KCL
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM
lol @ chiefs or redskins. I guess it was somebody with a feather on the helmet huh

No feather for KC! ;)

rcsodak
12-28-2011, 09:03 PM

Dont be a baby. You can say my name.

But in case you give a shit, i had a family emergency, cancer. Which is a HELL of a lot more important than reading the childish shit that permeates from some posters here.

get a life!

topscribe
12-28-2011, 09:37 PM

Since you responded to my post, I assume you include me in this. So, speaking
only for myself:

1. I was around, posting after Tebow replaced Orton.

2. I have yet to "snipe" at Tebow for anything, whether winning or not.

3. I was generally silent on the boards if the Broncos won, and I was silent
when they lost, not only with Tebow, but with Orton, Culter, Plummer, and
those who played before Plummer.

4. I don't hate on Tebow. I like Tebow.

5. I'm not inclined to say "I told you so" over anything, much less the QBs.

6. If I am showing I am not a fan by my actions and my words, show me the
words. As for actions, you know nothing of them. You have no idea what my
actions are.

7. I have never said anything to the effect of, we should have kept Orton.
Nonetheless, even if someone has said that, how can that be considered a
reason to launch an attack on that person? Is that a person is entitled to his
opinions only if they are complimentary of Tebow or denigrating toward Orton?

8. Even since breaking my silence, I have said relatively little about Orton
(except that I still like him) or Tebow. In fact, I have avoided several threads
that have the word "Orton" or "Tebow."

So I repeat: If you went through 14 years of not only losing, but doormat
seasons, from the very first game the Broncos played, then you maybe you
can say something about how much of a fan I am.

Just thought I would clear the air . . . :coffee:

MOtorboat
12-28-2011, 09:43 PM
:victims:

Sinthor
12-29-2011, 01:34 AM
This one is sooooo old. Look if you watch the games a lot of his drop backs he's having to hold the ball for more than 4 seconds or extend the play until someone gets open. The commentators have shown this plenty on the broadcasts as well. You can clearly see him look around during those plays. He's also done a good job of continuing to look downfield while scrambling.

Now this obviously doesn't happen every play. Sometimes there's just no time and also he IS a young QB. They almost all tend to do that. To paint with those broad strokes however is just not accurate.

lgenf
12-29-2011, 08:50 AM
that's not the problem. The receivers are coming open. He's not running through his progressions

WRONG

Although you may find a set of plays to support your statement, the majority of passing plays Tebow has been dropping back on he IS running through progressions but the receivers are just not getting separation

Our WRs are just not top level and with only a rookies worth of starts our QB is doing what is expected of his level

The big problem has been not taking off and moving the chains when the opportunity has presented itself and trying to force a pass downfield when picking up 5-8 yds and giving us 3rd and 2 to pick up a first down

That's how we kept drives going and ran all over folks during our winning streak

MOtorboat
12-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Receivers aren't "open" in the NFL. Tebow has to learn to fit balls into windows instead of standing there dumbfounded for a few seconds and then pirouetting in the pocket three times.

VonDoom_QBAttack
12-29-2011, 11:28 AM
I highly doubt our D is gonna let Orton/KC run all over us like we're not even there. No way. No how! And, after our two loses I can bet you we are up and running with vengeance running through our veins. The last thing we want on our conscience is not handing KC what they deserve. A beat down. So...Let it begin, because that's what they'll be receiving!

Who's the AFC WEST CHAMPS?! WE ARE!

GO Broncos!!! :)

VonSackemMiller
12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
The most insane thing ive heard this morning, (WRs are not open in the nfl) i guess that why even the best throwers in the league are completing 100% of there passes right? I guess thats why they pay the big bucks to guys like Fitzgerald, Wayne, Ocho, Dre Johnson, Steve Smiths, Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, stevie Johnson didnt roast Revis and get open as every highlight indicated fitzpatrick threw him open, Randy Moss never got open he was thrown open, Greg jennings oh hes never open, Calvin Johnsons never open, Percy Harvin didnt just light the Broncos open getting open Ponder threw him open allday,

My guess is no matter how good the defense shuts down a player or a play there should always be a completion because nobodys ever open, but aslong as you got a guy like Brady and Rodgers whose as accurate as accurate gets throwing the ball your okay, Proofs in the pudding thats why there completing 100% of there passes.

smh please dont give me that no WR's are open in the NFL.

BroncoNut
12-29-2011, 11:36 AM

KCL. I forget. I tried tracking it, but it makes no sense to me today. Apparently it did yesterday

MOtorboat
12-29-2011, 12:33 PM
The most insane thing ive heard this morning, (WRs are not open in the nfl) i guess that why even the best throwers in the league are completing 100% of there passes right? I guess thats why they pay the big bucks to guys like Fitzgerald, Wayne, Ocho, Dre Johnson, Steve Smiths, Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, stevie Johnson didnt roast Revis and get open as every highlight indicated fitzpatrick threw him open, Randy Moss never got open he was thrown open, Greg jennings oh hes never open, Calvin Johnsons never open, Percy Harvin didnt just light the Broncos open getting open Ponder threw him open allday,

My guess is no matter how good the defense shuts down a player or a play there should always be a completion because nobodys ever open, but aslong as you got a guy like Brady and Rodgers whose as accurate as accurate gets throwing the ball your okay, Proofs in the pudding thats why there completing 100% of there passes.

smh please dont give me that no WR's are open in the NFL.

Believe what you want, but every single player you mentioned, outside of maybe Randy Moss, needs a quarterback who can get him the football, even when he's not "open." And like it or not, Tebow can't do that yet.

VonSackemMiller
12-29-2011, 12:37 PM
And every QB wants some WRs that get open, Wes Welker is not bradys favorite weapon because he has to throw him open.

MOtorboat
12-29-2011, 12:40 PM
And every QB wants some WRs that get open, Wes Welker is not bradys favorite weapon because he has to throw him open.

Brady also has to anticipate where Welker is going to be and I haven't seen Tebow do that much yet either. Argue all you want, Tebow has a long way to go before he's a competent NFL passer.

VonSackemMiller
12-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Okay tebow needs to get better thats the obvious, He also needs his WRs to be bigtime like all these other great quarterbacks have. There isnt one QB in the league lighting it up that doesnt have a stud to throw it too. Just saying for tebow to take it to the next level hes going to have to get better yeah, but the talent around him needs to get better also. All the drops have to stop, All the balls that the top WRs go up and get type of plays need to be made in Denver also, Because tebow has thrown guys open on occasions putting the ball where only his guy can make a play on the ball....Only for them to drop it. Chris Simms totally ripped our WRs during the bears game. 6 drops in a game are you kidding me? Thomas is going to be great but we need one more elite WR. Decker is nothing more than a Slot WR.

Chef Zambini
12-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Broncos.

enjoying a winning season with them. Then they might have something to say.amen brother, amen !

Chef Zambini
12-29-2011, 01:01 PM
if tebow throws more than 30 paSSES THE broncos will lose.
if mcgehee gets 20+ touches we win.
if tebow completes 5 passes to TEs we win !
if tebow completes 2 passes to LARSEN we win!
if we make all of our FG attempts, we win !
if tebow runs 10 times in the first half we win.
If DAWKINS plays the entire game we win.
if we have ZERO turnovers we win.

VonDoom_QBAttack
12-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Woah. Hold the train. I cannot believe what my eyes are seeing here.

Truth. Tebow needs to make improvements on his passing game. That isn't anything new that hasn't been stated in the past. However, to throw him under the bus like he hasn't done jack for the Broncos is entirely untrue, and a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I would say we are doing pretty darn good with what we have, and if you recall, Tim didn't get the off season that most in this league have, not to mention there was the lock out. That didn't make things any easier on the team. I think many will be pleasantly surprised by his increased changes in 2012. AND, in all honestly would we have this record with Orton at the helm? In my opinion. No. I don't feel we would. I'm not trashing him, he did what he could during his time in Denver, however, he wasn't making forward progress with us. That's not always a bad thing, change can be good people. Look at where we are now!

Also, I don't know about those of you that are not liking Tim and the way he goes about things BUT I have seen him improve week after week, and his Receivers be the ones dropping legit passes, that were clearly IN their hands, and dropped by them. Now, that is not on him, that is entirely on them. Their mistake.

Now. Most importantly. Here we are leading the AFC West. How about that huh? Big accomplishment if I should say so myself. Yeah? YEAH!

lgenf
12-30-2011, 08:58 AM
We are gonna beat KC this week!

Go Broncos!

BroncoStud
12-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Jackie Battle may not play, that means a big dose of Thomas Jones, and he is not what he was.

Nomad
12-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Jackie Battle may not play, that means a big dose of Thomas Jones, and he is not what he was.

McCluster will be the X factor. I believe the BRONCOS hold the Chiefs run game and long ball in check, but we all know Orton is the master at dumping the ball off on checkdowns and McCluster is his man/very good at it as well. Also, the BRONCOS defense is very weak defending the checkdowns.

topscribe
12-30-2011, 11:09 AM
McCluster will be the X factor. I believe the BRONCOS hold the Chiefs run game and long ball in check, but we all know Orton is the master at dumping the ball off on checkdowns and McCluster is his man/very good at it as well. Also, the BRONCOS defense is very weak defending the checkdowns.

The Chiefs' screen game makes me nervous. Anyone who says Orton doesn't
run screens well needs to check out their game against Green Bay. And Denver's
susceptibility to the screens is a known issue . . .

Dzone
12-30-2011, 11:12 AM
This game is huge. The entire attitudenal tenor of the offseason hinges on this game. The atmosphere on this board. Our expectations going forward depend a lot on the outcome of this game. Win, and there will be joy in Broncoland, even if we lose the playoff game. There will be great feelings of hope for next season. Lose, especially if we get blown out, and the devastation will linger for months.

Nomad
12-30-2011, 11:30 AM

When McCluster finally left Ole Miss I was glad, then he became a Chief.:tsk:

KCL
12-30-2011, 11:50 AM

you have a link on this? News to me and I haven't read or heard this
elsewhere.

BroncoJoe
12-30-2011, 12:09 PM

They also can't score in the RedZone...

Great between the 20's, inside? not so much.

catfish
12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
elsewhere.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/28/3342383/chiefs-buzz-crennel-praises-pro.html

OaklandRaider
12-30-2011, 12:57 PM

Yup. You guys will have to watch McCluster on those screens. Dude darn near broke off a 50 yarder on us last week.

I think they will try the slip screens against Von Miller. He likes to get up the field quickly, and sometimes doesn't hold contain.

Nomad
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Yup. You guys will have to watch McCluster on those screens. Dude darn near broke off a 50 yarder on us last week.

I think they will try the slip screens against Von Miller. He likes to get up the field quickly, and sometimes doesn't hold contain.

That's why McCluster is the X factor.

KCL
12-30-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/28/3342383/chiefs-buzz-crennel-praises-pro.html

It's the injury curse KC has had since the season started.

Nomad
12-30-2011, 06:36 PM
It's the injury curse KC has had since the season started.

Can it affect McCluster too?!?:D:lol:

KCL
12-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Can it affect McCluster too?!?:D:lol:

:tsk::mad:

VonSackemMiller
12-31-2011, 04:23 AM
Hit McCluster early and often hard. Thats my dude man every since Ole Miss, Love that guy, Should be one of the best all around play makers in the game. Just hope we break his little ass up this weekend.

lgenf
12-31-2011, 03:22 PM
We are going to WIN!

rcsodak
12-31-2011, 06:37 PM
elsewhere.

He's OUT.

KCL
12-31-2011, 06:49 PM
He's OUT.

Yeah I know...add another one to the injury list.

Dean
12-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Hit McCluster early and often hard. Thats my dude man every since Ole Miss, Love that guy, Should be one of the best all around play makers in the game. Just hope we break his little ass up this weekend.

However, McCluster's strength is exactly what we are weakest at. Defending the pass to the RB we are terrible. The outside run particularly to the offensive left is where we give up our highest yards per carry. He scares me.

MasterShake
12-31-2011, 09:15 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/Fatality.jpg

lgenf
01-01-2012, 10:27 AM
The broncos are going to run over KC today with a plus 200 yds rushing day to combine with the 4 sack day by the defense to crush the chefs on our way to the AFCW title and vault us into the playoffs where we will beat the ravens and move to the second round

rcsodak
01-01-2012, 02:36 PM
The broncos are going to run over KC today with a plus 200 yds rushing day to combine with the 4 sack day by the defense to crush the chefs on our way to the AFCW title and vault us into the playoffs where we will beat the ravens and move to the second round
Kc has already seen the gimmick plays. Denver will have to beat them at the los.

lgenf
01-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Kc has already seen the gimmick plays. Denver will have to beat them at the los.

Which we will do!

Line up and punch KC in the mouth

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 04:02 PM
However, McCluster's strength is exactly what we are weakest at. Defending the pass to the RB we are terrible. The outside run particularly to the offensive left is where we give up our highest yards per carry. He scares me.

No doubt about that. Were gonna need to hustle hard today to the edges and our linebackers are going to have to read those damn screen plays today.

VonSackemMiller
01-01-2012, 04:06 PM

This game will be won on the defense, if the broncos defense doesnt show up then we probably will lose, which is why im tuning in to the chargers game. I dont like how weve been tackling lately

KCL
01-01-2012, 09:30 PM

It's like you called it before the game even was played!!! ;)

MOtorboat
01-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Good call.