PDA

View Full Version : Bailey says Broncos must stop pressing and begin trusting each other

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2011, 08:06 PM
EDITORS NOTE: NFL reporter Jeff Legwold analyzes the Broncos' 40-14 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday and looks ahead.

Surrounded in the postgame carnage of a team trying to pack up and get on the road — especially a team trying to get home for Christmas — Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey​ took a moment to consider the team's growth chart.

The Broncos have come a long way from the abyss of 2010, but December is different. December is the gateway to bigger things, and the Broncos, with two consecutive stumbles, haven't earned their way through the postseason door just yet.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19619476

camdisco24
12-26-2011, 08:18 PM
The offense and offensive coordinator have def been pressing and it shows. They need to calm down and put together some momentum.

Defense and special teams certainly have sucked the last 2 weeks, but I think all our issues go right back to the offense and their inability to keep the D off the field for longer period of time. That's how we had success during the streak.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2011, 08:26 PM
The offense and offensive coordinator have def been pressing and it shows. They need to calm down and put together some momentum.

Defense and special teams certainly have sucked the last 2 weeks, but I think all our issues go right back to the offense and their inability to keep the D off the field for longer period of time. That's how we had success during the streak.

Both Vic/Gary stated this morning that Walton and Beadles both had a terrible game against Buffalo, and stated that neither were very good against NE either.

Canmore
12-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Both Vic/Gary stated this morning that Walton and Beadles both had a terrible game against Buffalo, and stated that neither were very good against NE either.

Walton and Beadles is a tandem that keeps coming up in a negative spotlight. They really seem to be lacking.

NameUsedBefore
12-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Because they both get tossed around by the bigger/stronger defensive linemen.

*I actually think this has more to do with scheme than the players' abilities.

wayninja
12-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Stop 'pressing'? I'm just not sure what Bailey is saying here. Anyone want to try to elaborate?

I get the 'trust the other guy' thing, but what exactly is 'pressing' and why would stopping it help?

camdisco24
12-26-2011, 10:26 PM
I think by pressing he means they are trying too hard to do things urgently/quick instead of focusing on just doing their jobs, and doing them well.

Defense, for example, missed a ton of tackles because it looked like they were going for a quick one handed grab/take down, when they should be been sticking to the basics of a standard two handed grab like they were leading up to these bad games.

rcsodak
12-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Stop 'pressing'? I'm just not sure what Bailey is saying here. Anyone want to try to elaborate?

I get the 'trust the other guy' thing, but what exactly is 'pressing' and why would stopping it help?

Trying to do another players job, leaving theirs open for a big play.

Trusting each other means you do your part and trust the other 10 will do theirs.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
12-26-2011, 11:45 PM
listen to the beard, boys. . . .

KCL
12-27-2011, 12:30 AM
listen to the beard, boys. . . .

The neck beard???!!! :lol:

Joel
12-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Walton and Beadles is a tandem that keeps coming up in a negative spotlight. They really seem to be lacking.
Only because they are--sorely. After two months of "our players believe in each other," two straight losses have us back to "our players have to trust each other."

That's troubling; moreso is Fox trying to excuse losses with our 4-4 record against the AFC East/NFC North. Even for an excuse that's pretty weak; we're .500 against the AFC East, .500 against the NFC North, 3-2 against the Division and .500 in our other two Conference games. That's a .500 team any way you look at it unless we beat KC next week, and probably about where we are when we play our best game. It's a big improvement from last year, but the extent to which our head coach has looked bewildered and lost all year, captive to actions of assistant coaches, players and opponents rather than leading the team, is disquieting.

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:11 PM
All I know is that the offense needs to convert as many 3rd downs as humanly possible this week and keep the defense off of the field. The defense is done, put a fork in them.

We need to dominate the T-O-P to win this game. We need McGahee to stay healthy for a while and actually finish a game.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 01:18 PM
All I know is that the offense needs to convert as many 3rd downs as humanly possible this week and keep the defense off of the field. The defense is done, put a fork in them.

We need to dominate the T-O-P to win this game. We need McGahee to stay healthy for a while and actually finish a game.

Actually Ball did a decent job last game and also Moreno, but I agree it would be great if McGahee could be in the whole game.

BroncoStud
12-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Actually Ball did a decent job last game and also Moreno, but I agree it would be great if McGahee could be in the whole game.

I would just like to see the big runs again at some point from Willis. Seems like he's just been dogged by the injury so long he doesn't have that burst.

Joel
12-27-2011, 01:31 PM
4 runs for 12 yards (with a long of 5) is "decent" now? Jeremiah Johnson had a better day running AND receiving; hopefully he's our new #2 (but who is #1...?) http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311224002

Nomad
12-27-2011, 01:34 PM
4 runs for 12 yards (with a long of 5) is "decent" now? Jeremiah Johnson had a better day running AND receiving; hopefully he's our new #2 (but who is #1...?) http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311224002

I was looking at this one....I guess I wasn't clear.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311113012

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM

I usually don't like to disagree with you too much, you have always been a good poster IMO, but 3.2 yards/rush is horrible. Ball was by far the worst rusher on the team that day

30 carries for 96 yds - Ball

24 carries for 148 yds- everyone else

Nomad
12-27-2011, 01:50 PM
I usually don't like to disagree with you too much, you have always been a good poster IMO, but 3.2 yards/rush is horrible. Ball was by far the worst rusher on the team that day

30 carries for 96 yds - Ball

24 carries for 148 yds- everyone else

Never said he was great, 'decent was the key word'....he did carry the alot of the load with his carries and he was a big reason the BRONCOS did control the TOP. TOP, RBBC and the defensive effort the 'whole' defense gave the BRONCOS a victory on the road with the pass from Tebow to Decker as well. But no he isn't going to win any rushing title:lol:

catfish
12-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Never said he was great, 'decent was the key word'....he did carry the alot of the load with his carries and he was a big reason the BRONCOS did control the TOP. TOP, RBBC and the defensive effort the 'whole' defense gave the BRONCOS a victory on the road with the pass from Tebow to Decker as well. But no he isn't going to win any rushing title:lol:

he did carry the load, just wish he was averaging 4.5 YPC not 3.2...there is just such a huge talent gap between #1-#2. I feel like Ball runs more like a FB, usually good for 2-3 yds, but rarely more than 5

Joel
12-27-2011, 05:17 PM

Ah, the last CHIEFS game. Well, there's not much difference between 3.2 YPC and 3.0 YPC; the main difference is he had a lot more total carries in the Chiefs game. It's still discouraging that, even though averages for good backs usually INCREASE as more carries wearing down defences, Balls average was the lowest of half a dozen Denver rushers, despite more than three times as many carries as anyone else.

I agree with catfishs last comment: Ball looks more like a fullback than a halfback. I could probably live with that if I hadn't seen him brought down by first contact so many times. I still think McGahee and Tebows power running for extra yards makes our line look better than it is, but either way, if Ball can't move N/S OR E/W and can't move piles, I must wonder if RB is the best place for him (though he wouldn't make a great TE at 5'9".)

I like Johnsons speed better, he's a good blocker and receiver, plus he had a higher rushing average than Ball last week AND against KC; I'm hoping he becomes our change up from McGahee and performs well there.

NightTerror218
12-27-2011, 07:32 PM

Moreno, you mean Johnson?