PDA

View Full Version : ' tebow is not going anywhere"

Chef Zambini
12-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Yes, I heard the answer from ELWAY, I guess it was like one of those press conferances where you only hear the response and not the actual question.
allow me to re-create it for you !
a member of the MEDIA asks ELWAY,
"John, Do yoi think TEBOW is going to the PLAY-OFFS, or PRO-BOWL?
..and, can he take a team to the SUPERBOWL ? "

ELWAYS response;

"TIM TEBOW IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ! "
I guess it all makes sense now.

Sorry guys, I am NOT a believer.
tebow is a novelty, NOT an NFL QB.
I hope we can still trade him to jacksonville in an everybody wins situation !

spikerman
12-25-2011, 11:04 AM

:jaw:

Thnikkaman
12-25-2011, 11:10 AM
because you hope this, it is likely that it won't happen.

spikerman
12-25-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure if Tebow is the future or not, but he's been improving and I don't think one horrendous game is a reason to discount everything else he's done. These types of games happen to young QB's. If it becomes a trend then it's time to explore other options. My guess is that the Broncos' coaches and Elway will work with him over the Winter to see how he improves. If they see enough they'll concentrate on other areas, if not, they may draft a QB higher than a lot of us are expecting.

Gyro
12-25-2011, 11:24 AM
That Bills game was definitely a massive low point in his development. He struggled with his accuracy and took way too long in the pocket which resulted in multiple broken plays. However, Buffalo did a great job of containing him and negating what he can do with his legs.

Even with what has happened there is no way that the Broncos can fully commit to Tebow considering these setbacks. The playoffs would guarantee him the starting job in 2012 (Even if Denver drafts a QB and misses the playoffs I can't see them dumping him quite yet).

It's one game at a time at this point. Kansas City will be telling as to the kind of player he really is. This is the ultimate pressure game and if he shows up and plays well there's no reason the Bronco brass shouldn't give him the go-ahead at least for another full season.

elwayisgod
12-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Tebow is a project. He still cant throw to right side. He still has trouble with pre snap reads. He still locks onto first read. He still hangs onto the ball way too long. His accuracy is still suspect. He does do some things well. He runs very well. He improvises pretty good too on scrambles. His teammates play for him too. That all being said, this offseason is huge for him. You can all but guarantee there will be competition for the qb job next yr. Tebow will have to earn it. Now it may be easier to do that depending on who they sign or draft. If they draft a Weeden/Lindley/Taneyhill it will almost be impossible for Tebow not to win it. However if they go FA route and sign Josh Johnson, Matt Flynn or dare I say Peyton Manning, then the task is much harder or impossible. Bottomline is the kid is basically a rookie and he needs alot of work. Hige offseason ahead for him.

Nomad
12-25-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure if Tebow is the future or not, but he's been improving and I don't think one horrendous game is a reason to discount everything else he's done. These types of games happen to young QB's. If it becomes a trend then it's time to explore other options. My guess is that the Broncos' coaches and Elway will work with him over the Winter to see how he improves. If they see enough they'll concentrate on other areas, if not, they may draft a QB higher than a lot of us are expecting.

I believe it's more between the ears for Tebow than anything. His decision making needs to be quicker. He's a very confident young man and I don't see any give up in him, so I'm sure he's going to work his butt off in the offeseason. Fixing his thought process will be his biggest challenge.

Also the receivers need to refresh themselves with a few months on how to catch a football

RebelRocker
12-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I believe it's more between the ears for Tebow than anything. His decision making needs to be quicker. He's a very confident young man and I don't see any give up in him, so I'm sure he's going to work his butt off in the offeseason. Fixing his thought process will be his biggest challenge.

Also the receivers need to refresh themselves with a few months on how to catch a football

I think this is the depth chart going into camp next year.

1.Tebow
2.Vet
3.Rookie

Weber? He's kind of the wildcard here. Depending on how EFX thinks he's "developing" and if they really had any long term plans for him here, then I can see him being the #2, which means we don't have to sign a veteran. If not, then he can go on the PS again next year.

Locnar
12-25-2011, 12:53 PM
That Bills defense has potential to be very good. Didn't they pic off Brady 4 times this year?

Tebow is still basically a rookie.. Rookies make mistakes! I laugh at the people that expect him to come out and perform at a pro bowl level or else he is considered a failure. He will get better with an ACTUAL off-season..

Not saying he is our savior. But with improvements, he will be very serviceable for us..

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2011, 01:10 PM
tebow has earned another year regardless of how this year ends. he has surpassed expectations and has shown times of playjng well, and more importantly lets nit forget that this year was supposed to be a rebuilding year, nothing more, and i think we not only achieved that but have shown to build on it.

BroncoJoe
12-25-2011, 01:28 PM
That Bills defense has potential to be very good. Didn't they pic off Brady 4 times this year?

Tebow is still basically a rookie.. Rookies make mistakes! I laugh at the people that expect him to come out and perform at a pro bowl level or else he is considered a failure. He will get better with an ACTUAL off-season..

Not saying he is our savior. But with improvements, he will be very serviceable for us..

Yes. Maybe New England should look to replace Brady since he had a bad game.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes, I heard the answer from ELWAY, I guess it was like one of those press conferances where you only hear the response and not the actual question.
allow me to re-create it for you !
a member of the MEDIA asks ELWAY,
"John, Do yoi think TEBOW is going to the PLAY-OFFS, or PRO-BOWL?
..and, can he take a team to the SUPERBOWL ? "

ELWAYS response;

"TIM TEBOW IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ! "
I guess it all makes sense now.

tebow is a novelty, NOT an NFL QB.
I hope we can still trade him to jacksonville in an everybody wins situation !

God Bless

Chef Zambini
12-25-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure if Tebow is the future or not, but he's been improving and I don't think one horrendous game is a reason to discount everything else he's done. These types of games happen to young QB's. If it becomes a trend then it's time to explore other options. My guess is that the Broncos' coaches and Elway will work with him over the Winter to see how he improves. If they see enough they'll concentrate on other areas, if not, they may draft a QB higher than a lot of us are expecting.to tell yourselves that TT has had just ONE horrendous game is lying to yourself !
he has been LUCKY to be on the winning side of the game.
he should have 20 INTS, not just 6.
many of his scrambles look like he NEVER played the position before.
His passes often look like he is a right hander TRYING to throw left handed.
we cant count on miracles every week, or meeting up with TEAMs who dont field their best players or efforts.
TEBOW is an anomoly and his "style" required adjustment.
NOW the blueprint for beating TT exists and the miracles are OVER.
fun while it lasted, but ELWAY and the broncos have to move forward in the faCE OF REALITY.

Chef Zambini
12-25-2011, 01:36 PM
how is 4 INTS and less than a dozen completions improving?
can you honestly say his RUN GAME is improving?
WTF the guy rushed for less thAN a dozen yards too !

Nomad
12-25-2011, 01:37 PM

Cold weather:lol:

missingnumber7
12-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Lmao...so cold weather is the reason he underthrew a wide open Decker by 5 yards. Or threw behind his receivers most of the day?

elsid13
12-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Lmao...so cold weather is the reason he underthrew a wide open Decker by 5 yards. Or threw behind his receivers most of the day?

Well cold football is harder to throw.... :D

topscribe
12-25-2011, 02:30 PM
God Bless

:lol:

BroncoStud
12-25-2011, 02:32 PM

Brady tossed 4 interceptions this year against the Bills as well... I guess the Patriots had better think about going in a new direction...

Dude, chill. Tebow has started 13 games - TOTAL. He's doing just fine. An offseason will do wonders for his game. He has all the tools to be a perfectly adequate NFL starter.

It's knee jerk reactions that destroy franchises.

Nomad
12-25-2011, 02:39 PM

I hope you took it that I was joking around.

swaiy
12-25-2011, 03:03 PM
You must have been moist with anticipation waiting for a game like this.

nevcraw
12-25-2011, 03:31 PM
good too see Zam hasn't lost his panache for melodrama

broncosfannum24
12-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Hes a young qb, he hasnt even played 16 games, i see ponder throwing 3 picks every game just about, nobody says anything about him, blaine gabbert has just about the same completion% as tebow but no one says anything about him, brady threw 4 ints against the bills i guess hes flat out garbage to? Lol i bet you watched the chiefs game against the packers and saw orton outplay rodgers, i guess orton is better than rodgers then to , or is it possible rodgers just had a bad game like every other quarterback has in nfl has in nfl history lol dont let this 1 game change your opioion on tebow hes still learning

MOtorboat
12-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Hes a young qb, he hasnt even played 16 games, i see ponder throwing 3 picks every game just about, nobody says anything about him, blaine gabbert has just about the same completion% as tebow but no one says anything about him, brady threw 4 ints against the bills i guess hes flat out garbage to? Lol i bet you watched the chiefs game against the packers and saw orton outplay rodgers, i guess orton is better than rodgers then to , or is it possible rodgers just had a bad game like every other quarterback has in nfl has in nfl history lol dont let this 1 game change your opioion on tebow hes still learning

Really? All the talk I've heard about the Vikings and Jaguars is if they should make a play for Luck, or draft RGIII or find another quarterback.

And it hasn't been one bad game for Tebow. I'd say he's had one game where he looked like a competent NFL quarterback, and that was against one of the worst passing defenses in the league. So the comparisons to Rodgers and Brady having one bad game is pretty much bunk. In fact I'd call that comparison "garbage."

broncosfannum24
12-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Really? And where have you heard this from? Sportscenter? Nfl network? Nfl.com? Please tell me where have you heard jaguars or vikings are thinking about taking RGIII or maybe even luck, im pretty sure when i saw sportcenter yesterday said something about RGIII possibly going to the dolphins, or a team that acutally needs a quarterback, not one that has already drafted 1 with the 7th, or 11th pick of last year.

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM

lamest argument ever. aaron rodgers had a bad game last week against the chiefs and wasnt nearly as good as in weeks before. therefor, he has regressed and green bay needs to find his replacement immediately.

broncosfannum24
12-25-2011, 05:26 PM
And explain how is my comparison to brady throwing 4 picks against the bill amd tebow throwing 4 picks against the bills is "garbage" i really want to here this, cause last time i checked when you throw 4ints against a team, that means you threw 4 ints against a team no matter who the qb is.

MOtorboat
12-25-2011, 06:09 PM
And explain how is my comparison to brady throwing 4 picks against the bill amd tebow throwing 4 picks against the bills is "garbage" i really want to here this, cause last time i checked when you throw 4ints against a team, that means you threw 4 ints against a team no matter who the qb is.

It's obviously not worth the time.

Comparing anything Brady does to Tebow at this point is delusional.

Thnikkaman
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Tebow is having an average Rookie QBs season. Nothing more. nothing less. Yes the 4th quarter comebacks have been incredible. I'm not going to complain if the Broncos draft a Quarterback in the 1st round if and only if a quarterback is the best player available at their spot. Tebow is going to get another full season weather you like it or not.

Winning now is nice. Having some freaking patience and seeing how young players develop is better. I'd rather see Tebow develop over the next two years and draft some gamers for the Defensive secondary (or grab a couple from FA), get some better WRs, and a good RB.

This is Gravy time for the Broncos. Enjoy it win or lose. This season has been excellent.

broncosfannum24
12-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Brady threw 4 ints against the bills just like tebow im sorry if this news ruined your Christmas but im sure you ll get over it:)

BroncoStud
12-25-2011, 10:30 PM
The sky is falling...

It's always an emotional rollercoaster of flip-flopping that would make John Kerry and Mitt Romney envious...

Either Tebow is the greatest or Tebow sucks and Denver needs to spend another 1st round pick on a QB...

We let Spiller gash us all over the place, we let Ryan Fitpatrick run for 1st down twice in the 4th quarter on 3rd and long, we muster almost no running game because our playcall is so predictable, yet spend a precious draft pick on QB...

Such nonsense. Build the team from the lines out and then talk about the rest. Tebow will get better and if he doesn't replace him when that has been seen. Until then there are so many holes on this roster that need to be plugged BEFORE QB.

It's just hilarious reading how people react to a bad game by a QB with less than 16 starts in the NFL, who by the way has his WRs drop half his passes.

MOtorboat
12-25-2011, 10:31 PM
And that means nothing, because unlike Brady, that's not the only bad game he's had.

broncosfannum24
12-25-2011, 11:01 PM
So i guess you didnt see brady was 5 for 17 in the first half against miami and barely beat the dolphins and barely completed half his passes , had 3 tds 1 passing 2 rushing(just like tebow) but i guess since hes name is brady thats not considered a bad game lol, so the 4 picks against buffalo, and struggling against miami,hmmmm thats 2 for 2 for brady having a bad game, especially against the same teams tebow struggled against, opps i just compared them again. Give the guy an offseason before you write the guy off cause im pretty sure brady wasnt the great qb (statistically) that he is now know without years of experience.

Northman
12-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Give the guy an offseason before you write the guy off cause im pretty sure brady wasnt the great qb (statistically) that he is now know without years of experience.

While i understand your point about writing Tebow off Brady was actually pretty good in his first 14 starts. But the biggest area that Brady trumps Tebow as far as early in their respective careers is the completion percentage and thats what Teebs needs to improve upon the most.

broncosfannum24
12-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh yes of course i totally agree , but you have two remember brady didnt start until his second year, in the same scheme with two full offseasons with a pretty stack defense his first year starting and got more time to prepare with the first team than tebow, now whos to say brady or any other qb put in tebows situation would be able to well also?

And im not disregarding brady cause the guy is one of the best, but in tebows defense , brady had alot more going for him than tebow.

I just want to give the guy a chance to develop just like any other qb would being a first round pick i mean if jamarcus russell got 3 or 4 years to prove himself then im pretty sure our guy does to lol

Thnikkaman
12-25-2011, 11:58 PM
And that means nothing, because unlike Brady, that's not the only bad game he's had.

Mo. There is a full glass of Kool aid somewhere next to you.

I can also think of at least 4 bad games Brady has had against the Broncos. (Or at least not up to the bronze bust status that he has already been cast in).

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Mo. There is a full glass of Kool aid somewhere next to you.

I can also think of at least 4 bad games Brady has had against the Broncos. (Or at least not up to the bronze bust status that he has already been cast in).

Which is less than the number of bad games Tebow has had in one season. He is not a capable NFL passer at this point. He just isn't.

broncosfannum24
12-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Thats all i wanted you to say, yea hes not a good passer this point in his career anyone can see that lol, but he will get better, i just want you to not write him off so quickly thats all

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 12:12 AM
If his name wasn't Tebow and he hadn't won a Heisman, with those passing skills, he would not have a job in the NFL.

I'm fine with giving him another year, but I don't have a lot of hope.

Shazam!
12-26-2011, 12:30 AM
IF Denver beats KC, sends KO back out of the stadium a loser as he traditionally was, and Denver gets into the playoffs at 9-7 we'll see a whole different attitude here.

broncosfannum24
12-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Umm the man had 49 touchdowns 1 season im pretty sure thats enough to win you a heisman besides your name

Up to that point it had never been done in college football history until cam newton broke it with 50 touchdowns, but i guess he to won it cause of his name lol

And tebow has one of the highest passing effeiciencys in college football history

I would rather take a qb with good character and probably some of the greatest work ethics (ex: tom brady) like tebow than a qb with talent but wont give it there all to get better, ryan leaf, jamarcus russell, micheal vick (when in atlanta) who before last year best completion % was 55

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 12:40 AM
His college numbers obviously mean nothing, and you completely missed the point.

Timmy Chang was awesome in college.

broncosfannum24
12-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Whatever you say dude lol no team should draft rgIII then since he had stellar numbers and god forbid he also won a heisman!!!!

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Whatever you say dude lol no team should draft rgIII then since he had stellar numbers and god forbid he also won a heisman!!!!

:confused:

Poor, poor comparison, btw...

broncosfannum24
12-26-2011, 01:01 AM
How is it poor, heisman trophy winner just like tebow, stellar numbers just like tebow, but yet numbers for tebow doesnt mean anything then why is it different for rgIII lol pleasssssssseeee telll me ;)

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 01:10 AM
How is it poor, heisman trophy winner just like tebow, stellar numbers just like tebow, but yet numbers for tebow doesnt mean anything then why is it different for rgIII lol pleasssssssseeee telll me ;)

RGIII's college numbers don't mean anything, either. That point is, apparently, entirely lost. He's a better prospect for many other reasons other than his college stats.

broncosfannum24
12-26-2011, 01:28 AM
He wasnt even on 1% of the radar before this season even started, almost nobody heard of him, lol but when hes stats were all american numbers this year and he wins the heisman all of a sudden hes a top draft prospect, now be honest did you even for a sec before the college season started looked at rgIII as a top draft prospect?

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 01:36 AM
He wasnt even on 1% of the radar before this season even started, almost nobody heard of him, lol but when hes stats were all american numbers this year and he wins the heisman all of a sudden hes a top draft prospect, now be honest did you even for a sec before the college season started looked at rgIII as a top draft prospect?

Yes.

Before he broke his leg he certainly was a top pick consideration, now his senior year solidified that, and it's not just stats.

broncosfannum24
12-26-2011, 01:42 AM
I smell bullshit lol

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 01:44 AM
I smell bullshit lol

Then you don't know what you're talking about...

broncosfannum24
12-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Whatever you say lol P.S. rgIII is a junior

VonSackemMiller
12-26-2011, 04:33 AM
While i understand your point about writing Tebow off Brady was actually pretty good in his first 14 starts. But the biggest area that Brady trumps Tebow as far as early in their respective careers is the completion percentage and thats what Teebs needs to improve upon the most.

Having 5-6 drops per game would definitly help ruin your completion percentage, Also throwing the ball away out of bounds.

Chef Zambini
12-26-2011, 09:13 AM
tebow is a great human being.
he is a p[oor excuse for a PASSER,
and an NFL QB in progress.
cant read defenses
cant stay composed in the pocket
cant go thru progressions
cant throw an NFL quality pass.
But he is strong and determined and defiant.
so make him a fullback.
he will never take any NFL team deep into the play-offs, let alone the big dance.
never gonna happen.
college career and numbers dont mean squat when a QB enters the NFL.
Those of you who know me know I love the run game.
I have a total lombardi mentaLLITY !
but even a run junkie like me must realize that a QB like tim cant get it done in the NFL
its been a wild, whacky, fun exciting season, but our broncos will finish with a 3 game skid that , just like with JMCD and shanny before him, will be the final and fairest evaluation of the team going forward.
This team, OUR team has many more problems than QB, but getting e real NFL QB should be at ther top of our grocery list.

elsid13
12-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Whatever you say lol P.S. rgIII is a junior

He is redshirted junior,(meaning he has been on campus 4 years) just like Luck and will graduate this year. RGIII has already been accepted into Baylor Law School for next season so he can come back a play again for the Bears if he wants.

Nomad
12-26-2011, 09:57 AM
He is redshirted junior,(meaning he has been on campus 4 years) just like Luck and will graduate this year. RGIII has already been accepted into Baylor Law School for next season so he can come back a play again for the Bears if he wants.

Barkley is begging RGIII to take that next step;):lol:.

Baylor vs Washington should be a good game.

spikerman
12-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Barkley is begging RGIII to take that next step;):lol:.

Baylor vs Washington should be a good game.

I'm going to this game. It should be fun to watch.

spikerman
12-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I smell bullshit lol

You might want to check your shoes. Mo's a very knowledgeable fan.

Nomad
12-26-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm going to this game. It should be fun to watch.

I could look it up but what bowl is it and where? I keep seeing it advertised.

Have a good time!

spikerman
12-26-2011, 10:06 AM
I could look it up but what bowl is it and where? I keep seeing it advertised.

Have a good time!

It's the Alamo Bowl right here in San Antonio. I'm pretty stoked about watching RG III live. Somehow one of the guys on my officiating crew got picked to work the chains during this game.

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 10:30 AM
The two throws that have just been nagging at me since Saturday are the deep throws to Decker. One should have been PI, and the other was a pick-6.

The PI:
Yes, it was PI. But it was so poorly underthrown that that allowed the defender to be able to make a play on the ball. It was a coverage mix-up, akin to several catches DT made against Minnesota. The corner let Decker go thinking he had over the top help and that help either mixed up his assignment or was slow getting over. Decker was open by ten yards. There are occassions where you loft one up hoping for PI, but that was not the case with that play. That had touchdown, game changer written all over it and it was severely underthrown. His mechanics on the throw just looked poor as well. I don't know if his plant foot slipped or the ball slipped out, but he seemed to just chicken wing it and shot put it out.

The interception:
It was a better pass, but it was severely underthrown. Not as bad as the first one, but it was over the middle of the field and that's why it was picked. What bothers me so much about that is that it appears both receivers running seams on the left side of the play have the defense, including the over the top help, beat.

Those were game-changing throws. (The screen pass where he took a sack was also a game-changer...huge momentum swing on that play)

Nomad
12-26-2011, 10:40 AM
The two throws that have just been nagging at me since Saturday are the deep throws to Decker. One should have been PI, and the other was a pick-6.

The PI:
Yes, it was PI. But it was so poorly underthrown that that allowed the defender to be able to make a play on the ball. It was a coverage mix-up, akin to several catches DT made against Minnesota. The corner let Decker go thinking he had over the top help and that help either mixed up his assignment or was slow getting over. Decker was open by ten yards. There are occassions where you loft one up hoping for PI, but that was not the case with that play. That had touchdown, game changer written all over it and it was severely underthrown. His mechanics on the throw just looked poor as well. I don't know if his plant foot slipped or the ball slipped out, but he seemed to just chicken wing it and shot put it out.

The interception:
It was a better pass, but it was severely underthrown. Not as bad as the first one, but it was over the middle of the field and that's why it was picked. What bothers me so much about that is that it appears both receivers running seams on the left side of the play have the defense, including the over the top help, beat.

Those were game-changing throws. (The screen pass where he took a sack was also a game-changer...huge momentum swing on that play)

Again, with these receivers, they need to attempt to catch the ball at the highest point or reach out to catch with their hands. DT did a good job but Royal and Decker drive me nuts. If, Decker would have attempted to catch that ball at the highest point, a second before the defender turned, I believe it would have been called.

BTW, what was taught to me is what makes a good receiver is your adjustment to the ball and if it hits your hands then it's on you for not catching the ball. Tebow isn't innocent and could have done a better job.

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Again, with these receivers, they need to attempt to catch the ball at the highest point or reach out to catch with their hands. DT did a good job but Royal and Decker drive me nuts. If, Decker would have attempted to catch that ball at the highest point, a second before the defender turned, I believe it would have been called.

Uh-uh. That play is NOT on Decker. There's absolutely no reason Decker should ever have had to worry about that at that point. By then he wasn't even the closest player to the ball and almost had to go into defensive back mode, which is another reason why the flag might not have been thrown. That was just a poor, poor throw.

elsid13
12-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Uh-uh. That play is NOT on Decker. There's absolutely no reason Decker should ever have had to worry about that at that point. By then he wasn't even the closest player to the ball and almost had to go into defensive back mode, which is another reason why the flag might not have been thrown. That was just a poor, poor throw.

Mo's right. Decker was wide open as it gets in the NFL. it was under-thrown and the 9 route int needs to be on rope, but it was looped there.

In general Tebow puts the ball close enough for the WR to catch it, but he doesn't make it easy on them. Most of the time the ball is Knuckling and headed to the ground, catch-able balls but not easy catches.

TXBRONC
12-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Tebow is having an average Rookie QBs season. Nothing more. nothing less. Yes the 4th quarter comebacks have been incredible. I'm not going to complain if the Broncos draft a Quarterback in the 1st round if and only if a quarterback is the best player available at their spot. Tebow is going to get another full season weather you like it or not.

Winning now is nice. Having some freaking patience and seeing how young players develop is better. I'd rather see Tebow develop over the next two years and draft some gamers for the Defensive secondary (or grab a couple from FA), get some better WRs, and a good RB.

This is Gravy time for the Broncos. Enjoy it win or lose. This season has been excellent.

I agree Tebow is having a typical season for young relatively inexperienced quarterback. Like you I feel if takes a quarterback in the first round because that's the best available player than so be it. That said Tebow is going to get at the very least another full season couple that with fact he will be able have an entire offseason to work on his fundementals with the coaching staff I wouldn't be surprised to see show vast improvement next year.

Nomad
12-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Mo's right. Decker was wide open as it gets in the NFL. it was under-thrown and the 9 route int needs to be on rope, but it was looped there.

In general Tebow puts the ball close enough for the WR to catch it, but he doesn't make it easy on them. Most of the time the ball is Knuckling and headed to the ground, catch-able balls but not easy catches.

Tebow has his faults and shitty thrown balls but great receivers like AJ green, Megatron, Fitzgerald would have caught that ball. People make just as many excuses for the receivers as they do for Tebow. i guess Decker just isn't that good.

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Tebow has his faults and shitty thrown balls but great receivers like AJ green, Megatron, Fitzgerald would have caught that ball. People make just as many excuses for the receivers as they do for Tebow. i guess Decker just isn't that good.

Decker shouldn't have even had to try to make a jump ball catch on that. That entire play's failure was on the quarterback.

elsid13
12-26-2011, 12:40 PM

So the only way that tebow would look good if has either HOF level WR or rookie having amazing season ever for rookie WR?

ESPN had a nice breakdown of the second INT, where it showed Tebow failed to look off the safety (actually brought him over to the 3 WR look) and then missed read getting the ball to the wide open TE in crossing on that play. Tebow needs a lot of work.

Nomad
12-26-2011, 12:50 PM
So the only way that tebow would look good if has either HOF level WR or rookie having amazing season ever for rookie WR?

ESPN had a nice breakdown of the second INT, where it showed Tebow failed to look off the safety (actually brought him over to the 3 WR look) and then missed read getting the ball to the wide open TE in crossing on that play. Tebow needs a lot of work.

I never said Tebow didn't need work or making excuses for the guy. We're talking about that one particular play and the effort Decker put into it. he saw the ball coming and underthrown, attempted to body catch and defender reacted accordingly. Yes, I believe a great WO would have made the play by extending their hands out to catch the ball...btw, Decker isn't a rookie.

Nomad
12-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Decker shouldn't have even had to try to make a jump ball catch on that. That entire play's failure was on the quarterback.

So receivers aren't supposed to adjust to a poorly thrown ball...gotcha ya

broncosfannum24
12-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Gooooooooo broncossssssssssssss! !!!!!!!!, im sure we can all agree on this:)

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 12:56 PM
So receivers aren't supposed to adjust to a poorly thrown ball...gotcha ya

That poorly thrown? No, I give no fault to a receiver on that poor of a pass. Had he made the catch, it would have been one of the best catches he's made all year.

spikerman
12-26-2011, 01:15 PM
I was pretty surprised and disappointed at the underthrows. Through all of Tebow's struggles this year, one thing he did well before Saturday was throw the deep ball. He really struggled with that all game. I also noticed that he was missing wide open short receivers in favor of deeper passes. Seeing more of the field is definitely an area he's going to need to work on.

Thnikkaman
12-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Which is less than the number of bad games Tebow has had in one season. He is not a capable NFL passer at this point. He just isn't.

Neither is Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Orton, etc...

I'm not saying that Tebow is it, but I want to see what he can do after a full off season working with the first team. We have all seen what kind of a leader he is, and I really think that he is closer than what ESPN has to say about him.

And honestly, the quarterback position is not the position of most need on this team at this moment.

VonSackemMiller
12-26-2011, 02:11 PM
That poorly thrown? No, I give no fault to a receiver on that poor of a pass. Had he made the catch, it would have been one of the best catches he's made all year.

when fitz,dre johnson, santonio holmes, aj green and all those guys go up and get poorly thrown passes and make them look routine nobody talks about how bad the ball was thrown. Most recievers tell you if they can see it and get there hands to it they should catch it because its there job. Our WRs just arent big time enough. They gotta go make those plays.

spikerman
12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
when fitz,dre johnson, santonio holmes, aj green and all those guys go up and get poorly thrown passes and make them look routine nobody talks about how bad the ball was thrown. Most recievers tell you if they can see it and get there hands to it they should catch it because its there job. Our WRs just arent big time enough. They gotta go make those plays.

The Broncos receivers have dropped a lot of balls, but that doesn't mean that the passes (especially on Sunday) were good. I want Tebow to succeed, but to blame the receivers for some of those balls is looking at the play with blinders on. Basically, the receivers didn't make good plays on poorly thrown balls. Neither the QB nor the WRs were doing what they're paid a lot of money to do. Fault lies on both sides.

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 02:18 PM

Jeebus.

The pass was 20 to 25 yards underthrown. Decker was wide open by 10 yards and had to come back at least 10 yards out of dead sprint because HE WAS WIDE OPEN ON THE WAY TO THE ENDZONE.

I'm done. I can't believe anyone is blaming Decker for that.

Nomad
12-26-2011, 02:22 PM
The Broncos receivers have dropped a lot of balls, but that doesn't mean that the passes (especially on Sunday) were good. I want Tebow to succeed, but to blame the receivers for some of those balls is looking at the play with blinders on. Basically, the receivers didn't make good plays on poorly thrown balls. Neither the QB nor the WRs were doing what they're paid a lot of money to do. Fault lies on both sides.

But to some, it's only on the QB!:rolleyes: Tebow did suck ass but those receivers get paid to make plays especially when the ball is catchable.

spikerman
12-26-2011, 02:34 PM
But to some, it's only on the QB!:rolleyes: Tebow did suck ass but those receivers get paid to make plays especially when the ball is catchable.

I agree that both sides could have done better. On the first (I think) underthrow by Tebow, I don't really blame Decker because the ball was severely underthrown and, imo, Decker was interefered with. That was just a very poor pass. Of course, with the way Decker has been playing lately, there was only a 50/50 chance he would catch it anyway if it was well thrown. :)

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't blame Decker on that throw because everyone knows he cannot make catches in traffic. Dude is a terrible WR.

chazoe60
12-26-2011, 04:15 PM
That was the first game of Tebow's in which I thought he made his critics look smart.

He has got to start trusting his reads a little more and let the ball fly. He also needs to learn to go through his progressions.

But, with all that said and as bad as Tebow was on Saturday, the worst performance of the day was had by Mike McCoy. McCoy is the most horrendous playcaller I have ever seen. How we ever expect Tebow to get in a rythim or figure out a passing game when he starts 3-4 and our idiot OC abandons the passing game completely for a running game that flat out is not working?

McCoy has to go regardless of who the QB is.

topscribe
12-26-2011, 04:31 PM
That was the first game of Tebow's in which I thought he made his critics look smart.

He has got to start trusting his reads a little more and let the ball fly. He also needs to learn to go through his progressions.

But, with all that said and as bad as Tebow was on Saturday, the worst performance of the day was had by Mike McCoy. McCoy is the most horrendous playcaller I have ever seen. How we ever expect Tebow to get in a rythim or figure out a passing game when he starts 3-4 and our idiot OC abandons the passing game completely for a running game that flat out is not working?

McCoy has to go regardless of who the QB is.

I never really agreed with that about McCoy until this last Saturday (actually,
it was Sunday, when I saw the recorded game).

Now I'm not so sure . . .

Sinthor
12-26-2011, 09:24 PM

I just have to say "Wow." I don't know HOW MANY times I've seen that type of an under thrown ball on the sidelines from "established"quarterbacks, but we're going to hammer a young guy and say he can't play because of one throw?

I think this is the point- people are way to over/under analyzing Tebow right now based on these few games. Now given, most of TT's deep balls are pretty much on, that was very under thrown. Still, like I said, you see this all the time. That pick by the safety by the way was perfectly thrown. TT looks the safety off so he can't make that play and Decker was gone. That's something TT's being doing quite a bit lately, but didn't do it that time and paid for it big time. Gotta learn to do that.

Look, I think you can take a lot of throws and tear them apart and say "well, that needs to be thrown to the back shoulder," or whatever, but you look at other QB's and their passes and you see the same thing. TT's not throwing grounders 2 times a game anymore like last year and most of his passes have been on. This team really misses some more experienced guys like Lloyd, Gaffney or Stokely. Lots of missed routes by the receivers which are easy to see, and they don't have anyone who can get open regularly just on their pure skill and speed. So the QB's having to hold the ball a long time or extend the play with his feet to get them open. That's going to lead to big plays and big negatives in the average, and that's what we've seen. Guaranteed Lloyd and Gaffney wouldn't have dropped all those balls against the Bears. But it is what it is. I really think people get too microscoped on this "ball placement" thing though. I see plenty of those types of passes when I watch Brady or Brees as well. Analysts always talk about this stuff with new QB's and just stop talking about it after QB's are established. I saw a terrible under throw last week from the Lions game where the WR had to come back and then go to the ground to catch it and all the analysts said was "what a great play by Stafford!" Gimme a break.

We have a guy that supposedly was never going to make it onto the field in the NFL and if he did, all he'd throw was INTS when he wasn't being sacked because he wouldn't be able to run. Instead, he's done pretty well and is showing very marked improvement over a few short weeks. I'm gonna be pretty happy with that and wait and see over the next season. The one thing I do feel confident with saying is that I don't think there's any way we'd be talking about the possibility of playoffs next week with a win if they'd kept Orton in as the starter. And, even if they go 8-8 that's a far cry from where this team was "supposed" to end up. After the past 2 years I'll take 8-8 any day. Bottom line, I think people are just obsessing a bit much, especially based on ONE game. Sit back and let's see how it works out. Then we can blast the team for not making the right call sooner or chuckle about how things changed.

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Actually, I don't recall the last time I saw an established NFL quarterback throw a ball 25 yards short in near perfect conditions.

:whoknows:

chazoe60
12-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Actually, I don't recall the last time I saw an established NFL quarterback throw a ball 25 yards short in near perfect conditions.

:whoknows:

The fleaflicker Orton threw to Lloyd earlier in the season was woefully underthrown. That was just as pathetic of a throw.

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 11:08 PM
The fleaflicker Orton threw to Lloyd earlier in the season was woefully underthrown. That was just as pathetic of a throw.

I get so confused...isn't Orton one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL?

VonSackemMiller
12-26-2011, 11:13 PM
I watched Brandon Lloyd catch ortons poorly thrown balls, Underthrown and over thrown and we all said wowwww what a catch. Which is how its suppose to be. Sure it was a bad throw but Decker of all people owe tebow atleast 20 bailouts from all the flatout drops decker has had.

chazoe60
12-26-2011, 11:16 PM
I get so confused...isn't Orton one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL?

I never claimed otherwise. I've also never claimed Tebow is anything but a wotk in progress.

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 11:24 PM
I never claimed otherwise. I've also never claimed Tebow is anything but a wotk in progress.

Well, I'm not OK with replacing Orton with worse than Orton.

chazoe60
12-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Well, I'm not OK with replacing Orton with worse than Orton.

1-4 to 8-7 is not worse MO. I believe with all my heart that had Orton started all season we would not have more than 5 wins. Orton, as a Bronco, was a complete loser, whether his fault or not he was doomed to lose as a Broncos QB. I have never seen a guy blow as many game winning oportunities as him.

MOtorboat
12-26-2011, 11:32 PM
1-4 to 8-7 is not worse MO. I believe with all my heart that had Orton started all season we would not have more than 5 wins. Orton, as a Bronco, was a complete loser, whether his fault or not he was doomed to lose as a Broncos QB. I have never seen a guy blow as many game winning oportunities as him.

Now we're talking in hypotheticals and things we can't possibly prove.

Orton won six games in a row once too. I was fooled. I won't be fooled this time.

chazoe60
12-26-2011, 11:39 PM

Orton won six games in a row once too. I was fooled. I won't be fooled this time.

Orton was in his 5th or 6th season, can't remember which, when he did that. Tebow is in his second season and I think he deserves a little more slack, that's all.

The thing about Tebow IMHO is that he has so much stuff going for him other than pure passing skills that if he can get those skills up to even NFL starter average, he'll be a complete beast. It's so intriguing that I just want to see it play out.

I'd hate to see us give up on him prematurely and have him go on to great success somewhere else while we take another turn on the QB carousel. Ya' know?

chazoe60
12-26-2011, 11:40 PM
BTW MO, I just kicked your butt in fantasy. :laugh:

Npba900
12-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Orton was in his 5th or 6th season, can't remember which, when he did that. Tebow is in his second season and I think he deserves a little more slack, that's all.

The thing about Tebow IMHO is that he has so much stuff going for him other than pure passing skills that if he can get those skills up to even NFL starter average, he'll be a complete beast. It's so intriguing that I just want to see it play out.

I'd hate to see us give up on him prematurely and have him go on to great success somewhere else while we take another turn on the QB carousel. Ya' know?

There are no teams interested in Tebow right now. If there are teams interested in Tebow right now, I'd sure like to know.

Point is, teams will be interested in Tebow when he shows or proves he can pass the ball accurately and consistently.

Not sure Tim can prove he can pass accurately against KC next Sunday, but nonetheless, Elway, Fox and all the NFL waiting to see if Tebow can operate from behind center and from within the pocket. The last 3 weeks have shown Tebow can not operate consistently as a proto-typical NFL QB.

Not to worry however. Tebow will have the next 6 months to work on all his QB flaws he experienced in 2011. 2012 should be either Tebow's break out year or another year spent learning to play and excel from inside the pocket.
In 2012, chances are teams will have the Tebow-Option figured out.....which will mean Tebow must learn to excel from within the pocket.

Thnikkaman
12-27-2011, 08:14 AM

So what are you going to do about it? Stop watching games? Root for another team?

Or are you going to go off your rocker like Zam.

Mo, I'm not saying your criticism has no proof to back it up. And I'd be up in arms with you if Tebow was a 5 year vet with 40 starts under his belt. But this is 12 games into his career with a Offensive Coordinator that couldn't be successful at the JV level.

vandammage13
12-27-2011, 10:23 AM

I agree...because of all the other things he does, he doesn't need to throw at a 67% rate like a Brees, Rodgers, or Brady.

If he can get up to around 55-58% then I think that will make it very tough on defenses.

I think TT leads the league in Yds Per Completion, so the big play potential is clearly there. Just 2-3 more big throws a game is all he really needs to be a force.

That non-PI call on that play to Decker last week is a play TT needs to make more consistently. PI should have been called, but TT severely underthrew the ball and it should have been a TD and not been left up to the refs to decide in the first place.

With the style of offense that they are playing, those plays are going to be there. There will only be a few chances to capitalize, so TT MUST make it happen when it is time to go deep.

That, and he needs to get back to protecting the football.

BroncoJoe
12-27-2011, 10:47 AM
There's no way that by the time we draft that QB is going to be the best available player.

No way.

vandammage13
12-27-2011, 10:53 AM
There's no way that by the time we draft that QB is going to be the best available player.

No way.

I don't think we need to spend a pick on a QB this year...so many other holes to fill on the roster.

I say you just continue to develop TT and move Weber to the gameday roster and maybe sign a Veteran in FA.

Build the rest of the team and if TT doesn't show marked improvement next year then think about acquring a new QB in 2013...At least then you might have a solid team for a new QB to be groomed around.

Right now QB is the least of our worries.

Krugan
12-27-2011, 10:56 AM
funny, the team that just kicked the collective ass, run an offense mostly from the shotgun...

lots of things work, some better than others, but for 11 weeks of this style offense, its turned out pretty ok

I mean really, this team was 1-4 looking at picking top 5 this draft, and now we are above .500 and looking at a AFCW title.

Im not sure wtf people want, but I think I can safely say, people get an inch and want a mile...

Nomad
12-27-2011, 11:00 AM
funny, the team that just kicked the collective ass, run an offense mostly from the shotgun...

lots of things work, some better than others, but for 11 weeks of this style offense, its turned out pretty ok

I mean really, this team was 1-4 looking at picking top 5 this draft, and now we are above .500 and looking at a AFCW title.

Im not sure wtf people want, but I think I can safely say, people get an inch and want a mile...

I look at it as, they won before and they can/should win again. The 1-4 thing is old news....BRONCOS are here why the hell not find some heart and a will to win this thing.