PDA

View Full Version : Tebow vs Elway...

boojustin
12-25-2011, 01:37 AM
In the last regular season start of Elway's rookie season, he played the 5-10 Kansas City Chiefs on the road. He went 11-34 for 143 yards, throwing 4 interceptions and zero touchdowns. His passer rating was 11.9. Kansas City won 48-17.

If it were up to some on here, apparently that would've been the end of his career.

Luckily, it wasn't. The next season, he went 12-3 (missed one game), leading the Broncos to the playoffs. He improved to 56% completion, 18TDs/15INTs, 2600 yards passing, and a 76.8 passer rating. The rest is history.

Zweems56
12-25-2011, 01:48 AM
In the last regular season start of Elway's rookie season, he played the 5-10 Kansas City Chiefs on the road. He went 11-34 for 143 yards, throwing 4 interceptions and zero touchdowns. His passer rating was 11.9. Kansas City won 48-17.

If it were up to some on here, apparently that would've been the end of his career.

Luckily, it wasn't. The next season, he went 12-3 (missed one game), leading the Broncos to the playoffs. He improved to 56% completion, 18TDs/15INTs, 2600 yards passing, and a 76.8 passer rating. The rest is history.

Ladies and gentlemen, our new most annoying poster! Now comes with self high+fiving action!

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2011, 02:07 AM
this just in...elway has 2 superbowls. that is more than the amount of playoff games tebow has won in his entire career.

BroncoBJ
12-25-2011, 02:21 AM
:lol: yea, Elway has 2 superbowls. In his final 2 years of his career. We can only hope Tebow does that in a shorter time and we at least give him a shot. Tebow isn't allowed to have bad games though.

shank
12-25-2011, 02:25 AM
this just in...elway has 2 superbowls. that is more than the amount of playoff games tebow has won in his entire career.

are you troll-trolling, or is this an actual post?

sneakers
12-25-2011, 02:58 AM
Not this idiot again.

FanInAZ
12-25-2011, 03:11 AM

This is something that I bring up every time were breaking in a new QB. Unfortunately, the "Curse of Payton Manning" not only infests this site, but the NFL as a whole. What do I mean by this? Manning is one of the few QBs in NFL history that started week 1 of their rookie season that have become all-time greats. Now, too many fans, commentators & teams demand that their QBs do exactly like Manning did by winning their team's starting QBs position in their rookie training camp. If they don't, then a lot of fans & commentators declared a bust right then. This has plagued Tebow since his rookie year.

Even though Elway "won" the starting job during his rookie training camp, he got benched in 4 of his 1st 5 games before getting demoted for Steve DeBerg. DeBerg immediately lead us on a 4 game winning streak before getting season ending injury against Seattle. Elway took the starting job back over, but didn't finally lead Denver to a win until his 8th start. If we use the same method of attributing wins as baseball, his record prior to getting that 1st win was 0-5 with 2 no decisions (DeBerg gets credit for winning the 1st 2 games Elway started because Denver was behind in both of those games before he got benched. The loss to Seattle isn't attributed to Elway because Denver was already trailing before he came in when Deberg was injured).

Tebow's struggles are not the only reason that a lot of Broncos are a bit hostile towards him. Tebow mania has driven true Bronco fans insane because of how obsessed the Tebow fans are to the point of accusing Elway & Fox of conspiring against him. I know you’re new to this site, but this has been a serious annoyance all season long and I'm not the only one who is sick & tired of it. Because of this, much of the lashing out at Tebow has more to do with lashing out at his fan base. It's not right, and I do try my best to avoid being draw into the "Tebow War," but the rift between the real Broncos fans & the Tebow fans will continue until the Tebow fans stop putting his personal career above the team's objectives.

FanInAZ
12-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, our new most annoying poster! Now comes with self high+fiving action!

When I saw that, I was curious as to whether or not Tebowtime had made a duplicate account. The fact this guy got banned so quick causes me to suspect that I was right. If so, I must admit that he brought up some valid points that I myself bring up from time to time.

HammeredOut
12-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Elway went to the playoffs with one of the best defenses in the league. I think he had a top 10 defense 8 out 10 times he went to the playoffs.. And when he won the superbowls, im pretty sure they were top 5 defense in the league.

It also took Elway about 10 seasons before he actually had a good ``Statistical Season`` compared to other QBs. We even sent Elway to the ProBowl with more INterceptions, then TDs. All in all, the Broncos were patient with Elway and it wasn`t until the end of his career, he truely became a pocket passer and a great QB. The first 10 years like I said, were pretty bad, reguardless of how many wins the defense racked up for him. I know people will try and talk about 4th Quarter Comebacks, but my point is the Defense won those games, and alot like Tebow, both Elway and Tebow get the credit for how well the defense is playing. And even when Tebow does his thing and puts up 14 points, he is reguarded as a national hero for putting up 2 touchdowns when he wins, but when he loses and still puts up 14 points, fans turn on him.

Chef Zambini
12-25-2011, 09:48 AM
comparisons of tebow and elway are ludicrous.
elway was a dynamic PASSER.
this is something TEBOW will never be.

Joel
12-26-2011, 11:58 AM
When I saw that, I was curious as to whether or not Tebowtime had made a duplicate account. The fact this guy got banned so quick causes me to suspect that I was right. If so, I must admit that he brought up some valid points that I myself bring up from time to time.
If he's not tebowtime5502, his blind Tebowism, self-high-fiving, antagonism toward anything perceived (credibly or otherwise) as anti-Tebow and channeling Johnny trying to get Bud Lite are an EXCELLENT impersonation. ;)

Too bad; he actually made a couple good points in the Fox thread but, buried amid all his fanboyism in a thread begun by a Carolina fan who obviously had an axe to grind with Fox, they were easy to miss.

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2011, 12:20 PM
are you troll-trolling, or is this an actual post?
Considering any comparison between arguably the G.O.A.T of all time and some QB who hasn't even started a first full year at QB is football stupid at it's peak.

Northman
12-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Sup TT!

chazoe60
12-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I boo boojustin, because he's dumb.