PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

cmc0605
12-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi. So I missed the entire game being at an xmas eve party, and came online just now to check the score and was like wtf. I don't see ten threads started here talking about how we should fire everyone and their grandma. What happened?

camdisco24
12-24-2011, 04:47 PM
You don't want to know.

Npba900
12-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Nothing happened. Our inexperience and turn overs were the difference today.

spikerman
12-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi. So I missed the entire game being at an xmas eve party, and came online just now to check the score and was like wtf. I don't see ten threads started here talking about how we should fire everyone and their grandma. What happened?

Denver had three problems consistently throughout the game, offense, defense, and special teams.

Seriously, the Broncos were awful in all phases of the game today.

BroncoWave
12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
There really wasn't a single positive thing about the game today. Tebow sucked, the coaches sucked, our run game sucked, our o-line REALLY sucked, our WRs sucked, Prater sucked, our kick and punt coverage sucked, our pass rush sucked, our run D sucked and our secondary sucked.

I think that about covers it. Am I forgetting anything?

camdisco24
12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah in all honesty, horrible defense and Special teams. 4 Tebow turnovers, and terrible play calling early on led to no rhythm at all.

As soon as Dawkins went out, we were a different team. These guys need to focus and reground to take care of business next week.

Northman
12-24-2011, 04:52 PM
5 Turnovers. Really bad offense and defense and ST's.

oubronco
12-24-2011, 04:56 PM

Tebow

cmc0605
12-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Got it. Well saves me the trouble of watching the game.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Tebow

Come on now - the WHOLE team stunk - offense, defense, special teams. There is no way one player should be singled out :rolleyes:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2011, 05:12 PM
What happened was is that we played a team that is already eliminated from playoff contention, at their house, with nothing to play for but pride, who came out and played like they had something to play for. We didn't play that way. We had another extremely ugly 2nd quarter that just got worse after the first drive of the 3rd quarter.

Our 2nd youngest offense showed, our defensive holes showed, and our undisciplined STs showed. Such is life.

TimHippo
12-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Offense played good at beginning scows a TD, then play calling got predictable with run on 1st and 2nd.

Special teams couldn't stop 4.4 McKlevin. This kept giving Buffalo great field position and pinning Bronos at the goaline when punted.

Defense couldn't stop 4.2 CJ Spiller except in redzone.

Eventually they got behind, abandoned running game, and pass blocking disappeared. Then Tebow started to hurry and rush things since porous pass blocking and being behind by 3 TDs.

Also it was very cold, so Tebow couldn't pray as much but had to keep hands in hand warmers.
In all seriousness it did seem very cold as bills receivers were dropping alot of balls and Fitzpatrick was also throwing alot of dead ducks and bad balls.

pikkiwoki
12-24-2011, 05:16 PM
No Dawkins, bad kick coverage, and some bad calls and missed calls from the refs started the downslide.

When they put it on Tebow's shoulders to pull them out of the tailspin, he started sucking.

wayninja
12-24-2011, 05:18 PM
You were at a xmas eve party at 11am that ended around 2pm? Are you overseas or something?

Our whole team played like dogshit with Tebow stinking it up the most. Back to back pick 6's is bad.

Mr. Pro Bowl
12-24-2011, 05:24 PM
My question however: Why do we expect Tim to pass the ball like 7 times in a row and expect for that to work, when all we did in the past games run the ball most of the time? I don't get it.

wayninja
12-24-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't necessarily expect it to work, I simply don't expect 4 interceptions. Maybe throw it away? 'Beach it' or whatever?

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2011, 05:26 PM
My question however: Why do we expect Tim to pass the ball like 7 times in a row and expect for that to work, when all we did in the past games run the ball most of the time? I don't get it.

You're not alone. I don't think anyone knows the mind of Mike McCoy...

Mr. Pro Bowl
12-24-2011, 05:28 PM
You're not alone. I don't think anyone knows the mind of Mike McCoy...

I mean the Bills sux, half of the stadium was empty - they all stayed home. We should have run them into the ground in our sleep!

BORDERLINE
12-24-2011, 05:35 PM
It was just a classic azz kicking today

Not as bad as the Detroit game but BAD in a sense that Tebow already has games under his belt and played like he was at Mile High against the Lions.

TimHippo
12-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I forgot to add that special teams also had about 3 blocks/holds that brought returns back and pinned the offense at the goal line. Including a 90 yd TD return by Eddie Royal.

TimHippo
12-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I mean the Bills sux, half of the stadium was empty - they all stayed home. We should have run them into the ground in our sleep!

Bills arent' as bad as they look. CJ Spiller is the difference IMO. He had been buried behind Jackson for most of the season but when Jackson got hurt he's been given the opportunity. He's really come into his own the last couple games.

With his 4.2 speed he's hard to stop.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2011, 06:00 PM
I forgot to add that special teams also had about 3 blocks/holds that brought returns back and pinned the offense at the goal line. Including a 90 yd TD return by Eddie Royal.

which, even Simms/Nance said was NOT a penalty. IMO, it was a terrible call. If that TD would have stood up, it might have turned things around.

TimHippo
12-24-2011, 06:04 PM
which, even Simms/Nance said was NOT a penalty. IMO, it was a terrible call. If that TD would have stood up, it might have turned things around.

That was awful and also the McKlevin TD return where he stepped on the line but the officials ignored. Some really bad/biased officiating in the first half.

Northman
12-24-2011, 06:04 PM

Which is why i think Denver should keep Royal and use him in that manner. He is far better than Crosby.

TimHippo
12-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Which is why i think Denver should keep Royal and use him in that manner. He is far better than Crosby.

Crosby only runs a 4.5 40. Royal is 4.4 and has always been a good kick returner since VA Tech.

JONtheBRONCO
12-24-2011, 07:25 PM
The huge distraction is what happened, when numerous Broncos were arrested for impersonating NFL football players.

cmc0605
12-24-2011, 07:32 PM
You were at a xmas eve party at 11am that ended around 2pm? Are you overseas or something?

Our whole team played like dogshit with Tebow stinking it up the most. Back to back pick 6's is bad.

East coast so it was early afternoon, but it was early...Grandmas, babies, etc involved.

pikkiwoki
12-24-2011, 08:57 PM
That was awful and also the McKlevin TD return where he stepped on the line but the officials ignored. Some really bad/biased officiating in the first half.

This was flagged as illegal block in the back on Rosario (#81):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IplKZf4IZ9g/TvaAEUEMYeI/AAAAAAAAAEM/74EPFUYKdqo/s1600/rosario+1.gif
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EAhN2v0DSq4/TvaAPz17D1I/AAAAAAAAAEU/Vc8-P3XYtzA/s1600/rosario+2.gif
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-etzJiPaEg-k/TvaAXNhVIOI/AAAAAAAAAEc/IRWE-BsuEiA/s1600/rosario+3.gif

But on the McKelvin TD, this block on Woodyard (#52) wasn't called:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--jbxDLCh9Js/TvaAb4yZU3I/AAAAAAAAAEk/aWNbCJySvj0/s1600/woodyard+1.gif
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5Ab3GYgy7JU/TvZ__cAC6zI/AAAAAAAAAEE/RoSEuiZ42YI/s1600/woodyard+2.gif

either call both, or call neither. :tsk:

spikerman
12-24-2011, 09:03 PM
This was flagged as illegal block in the back on Rosario (#81):

The call against Rosario was a bad call, but imo it didn't ultimately affect the outcome of the game. Denver just played a very bad game overall.

But on the McKelvin TD, this block on Woodyard (#52) wasn't called:

either call both, or call neither. :tsk:

It's a judgement call, of course, but I agree with the official that this was not a block in the back and should not have been called.

pikkiwoki
12-24-2011, 09:17 PM
The call against Rosario was a bad call, but imo it didn't ultimately affect the outcome of the game. Denver just played a very bad game overall.

It's a judgement call, of course, but I agree with the official that this was not a block in the back and should not have been called.

like i said, call both, or call neither.

i prefer call neither. broncos would've been up 14-10. who knows what happens from there? which is a rhetorical question. no one knows what happens from there. which is my point.

maybe with a lead the broncos play differently, on offense and defense. maybe the outcome doesn't change, maybe we still get blown out. or maybe not.

nobody knows. we'll never know. thanks, refs!

spikerman
12-24-2011, 09:27 PM
like i said, call both, or call neither.

i prefer call neither. broncos would've been up 14-10. who knows what happens from there? which is a rhetorical question. no one knows what happens from there. which is my point.

maybe with a lead the broncos play differently, on offense and defense. maybe the outcome doesn't change, maybe we still get blown out. or maybe not.

nobody knows. we'll never know. thanks, refs! I understand your frustration, but it doesn't work like that. More than likely those two calls were called by two different officials. Officials don't "even things out". I agree with your point about not knowing what happens if that stands, but to be honest, Denver didn't seem to have a lot of fight in them in any phase of the game.

BroncoTech
12-24-2011, 09:37 PM
We got crappy ref calls in the first half. In the second half we tried to run a real pro style offense and it resulted in 4 interceptions, one of which was a fumble, if that makes you feel better. Tebow locking on to targets and ignoring wide open receivers had me yelling at the screen. Rosario should have been benched, anytime you hit someone in the back and hold your hands up like you didn't do it means you did it. In the same vein as ignoring wide open receivers Tebow kept the ball in goal line situations and 4th down and 3rd down situations, meaning he was pre-determined to keep the ball on running plays.

We had no answer for their speedsters in the kicking game. Pretty much a melt down across the board.

HammeredOut
12-24-2011, 10:40 PM

Didn't miss much to tell you the truth. Tebow put up his usual 14 points but the defence failed to play shut out this time. Also Teebs throw about 6 helicopters in on the receivers. The stat showed up as a drop, but I actually blame Tebow for most of those drops. He has to learn how to throw the spiral a bit better. He seems to be gripping the ball in the center which is causing a ton of Helicopters. Teebs may need to get in the habit of gripping the ball more of the backside of the ball instead of too much center.

Teebs throw too many helicopters today. I wonder if he has ever used a glove for throwing the ball, and since he carries the ball so much, it might help him protect his hands.