Chef Zambini
12-24-2011, 10:04 AM
snaps under center
TE catching passes
ROYAL catching passes
FULLBACK catching passes
runningback catching passes
These missing comp[onents could make us a more complete offense,
help us run and pass the ball more effectively.
whats your take on the situation?

MOtorboat
12-24-2011, 10:09 AM
You mean change the entire offense to fit your scheme?

Never change, zam. Never change.

Mike
12-24-2011, 10:11 AM
snaps under center
TE catching passes
ROYAL catching passes
FULLBACK catching passes

Royal has regressed and is next to worthless at WR. Put him back returning kicks as his sole job. Put Willis in at WR.

I don't think that Larsen can catch well.

I think the TEs are staying in to block so we don't see them getting downfield as much.

Still, my take is that McCoy isn't utilizing the offense properly. Whether that is by design or incompetence I don't know.

Chef Zambini
12-24-2011, 10:12 AM
not trying to change the offense, just hoping we can add some MISSING components.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2011, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't call it AWOL. They aren't a high scoring offense, but that's not our style. We're a ball-control, keep the other teams' offenses on the sidelines, don't turn it over offense. Provided the latter occurs and we don't turn the ball over on our end of the field 3 times, we are always in a position to win games.

The only thing they need to work on, and they realize this, is starting a little faster and being a little more consistent. This offense is the second youngest in the league (and becomes the youngest when McGahee comes off the field for a breather). They are learning and improving. Baby steps.

Thinking we're going to be able to shoot it out with some of the premier offenses right out of the box is completely unrealistic. We're 8-6 and control our own destiny for the division championship. How many years have we been waiting for a "relevant" team? I bought into this team and offense a long time ago.

Chef Zambini
12-24-2011, 10:14 AM
I loved ER as a rookie, I am stoopified at his MIA performance this yeaR.

Nomad
12-24-2011, 10:14 AM
There were some solid FBs in FA the BRONCOS passed on. We need one on this team.

Chef Zambini
12-24-2011, 10:17 AM
DID you say ball control?
thats exactly the part of our passing offense that is missing!
ball control screens to runningbacks. short passes to TE and bubble screens to royal and others.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2011, 10:27 AM
DID you say ball control?
thats exactly the part of our passing offense that is missing!
ball control screens to runningbacks. short passes to TE and bubble screens to royal and others.

Once again, that's NOT our scheme. That's west-coast offense. That stuff is for teams that don't effectively run the ball. Most plays like that get on average 3-4 yards. If we can just run the ball and pick up 3-4 yards, why pass it for 3-4 yards?

Passing plays result in more turnovers and more risk than any other. The risk of a sack that kills a drive, a sack fumble, a tipped pass at the LOS, a bad QB read, a tipped pass off the hands by a WR, WR fumbles after getting lit up, a great play by a DB, or a good defensive disguise provide a ton of things that can go wrong with every snap. If you don't have to pass a lot to win, why do it? We pass enough to keep teams honest.

Like it or not, and it's not always pretty or exciting to watch, we're well designed for a playoff push, particularly in bad weather. Run the ball, control the clock, rush the other team's QB. Pittsburgh has been doing it that way for years. Why is Roethlisberger so successful passing? Because he has the threat of a solid running game behind him and a defense that can get after the other team's passer. Their passing game has a a lot of play action - play action that won't work if the defense doesn't respect your running game.

MOtorboat
12-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Once again, that's NOT our scheme. That's west-coast offense. That stuff is for teams that don't effectively run the ball. Most plays like that get on average 3-4 yards. If we can just run the ball and pick up 3-4 yards, why pass it for 3-4 yards?

Passing plays result in more turnovers and more risk than any other. The risk of a sack that kills a drive, a sack fumble, a tipped pass at the LOS, a bad QB read, a tipped pass off the hands by a WR, WR fumbles after getting lit up, a great play by a DB, or a good defensive disguise provide a ton of things that can go wrong with every snap. If you don't have to pass a lot to win, why do it? We pass enough to keep teams honest.

Like it or not, and it's not always pretty or exciting to watch, we're well designed for a playoff push, particularly in bad weather. Run the ball, control the clock, rush the other team's QB. Pittsburgh has been doing it that way for years. Why is Roethlisberger so successful passing? Because he has the threat of a solid running game behind him and a defense that can get after the other team's passer. Their passing game has a a lot of play action - play action that won't work if the defense doesn't respect your running game.

Don't waste your typing...zam is stuck fully in the Howard Griffith/Terrell Davis/Shannon Sharpe offense in the mid-90s, and believes every team should run that exact offense, and if they did, the could never be stopped.

BroncoJoe
12-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow. Zam wanting more passing. The earth's axis must have tilted 180 degrees.

yuhateme80
12-24-2011, 11:02 AM
We could have had deshaun jackson instead of Eddie royal and fez Bryant instead of Thomas as are wr with decker as r third wr

yuhateme80
12-24-2011, 11:05 AM
If u are afraid of running screens because of int or fumble or sack then u need to get rid of the qb

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Don't waste your typing...zam is stuck fully in the Howard Griffith/Terrell Davis/Shannon Sharpe offense in the mid-90s, and believes every team should run that exact offense, and if they did, the could never be stopped.

I know, MO. I think what frustrates me the most is simply that people want to talk about stats instead of production. Why is it that we continuously, not just us but the media too, focus on Tim's passing completion% and passing yardage instead of his offensive production?

Marshall Faulk is one of Tim's harshest critics about his throwing. Marshall was never a 2000 yard rusher, but his combined stats (rushing and receiving) were fantastic. He was what's known as an APB (All Purpose Back).

Why don't we treat Tebow the same way? Why can't he be an All Purpose QB? Because it's not conventional? Because it breaks some kind of paradigm?

Tim's real stats for this season are:

Total yards: 2094 (1484 pass, 610 rush)
Total TDs: 16 (11 Pass, 5 rush)
Total Turnovers: 5 (2 ints, 5 fumbles - 3 were lost)

Close your eyes just imagine these stats are just passing numbers through 10 games and Tebow looks great... why is that so hard? Those are "franchise QB-esque" numbers. Combine that with the fact we're the #1 rushing team in the NFL... looks great to me. Why so many have a hard time seeing it that way is baffling. :whoknows:

Nomad
12-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Why so many have a hard time seeing it that way is baffling. :whoknows:

I blame Elway!:coffee::lol:

MOtorboat
12-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I know, MO. I think what frustrates me the most is simply that people want to talk about stats instead of production. Why is it that we continuously, not just us but the media too, focus on Tim's passing completion% and passing yardage instead of his offensive production?

Marshall Faulk is one of Tim's harshest critics about his throwing. Marshall was never a 2000 yard rusher, but his combined stats (rushing and receiving) were fantastic. He was what's known as an APB (All Purpose Back).

Why don't we treat Tebow the same way? Why can't he be an All Purpose QB? Because it's not conventional? Because it breaks some kind of paradigm?

Tim's real stats for this season are:

Total yards: 2094 (1484 pass, 610 rush)
Total TDs: 16 (11 Pass, 5 rush)
Total Turnovers: 5 (2 ints, 5 fumbles - 3 were lost)

Close your eyes just imagine these stats are just passing numbers through 10 games and Tebow looks great... why is that so hard? Those are "franchise QB-esque" numbers. Combine that with the fact we're the #1 rushing team in the NFL... looks great to me. Why so many have a hard time seeing it that way is baffling. :whoknows:

The same could be said about Moreno. And I'm not sure I would call those franchise quarterback numbers. The eye test tells us he has a lot to work on.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2011, 12:01 PM
The same could be said about Moreno. And I'm not sure I would call those franchise quarterback numbers. The eye test tells us he has a lot to work on.

True, but are you looking at his body of work, or just when he throws. It's hard to debate that his passing has improved over the last few weeks. Is he Drew Brees? Of course not, but neither was Drew Brees after 13 games.

MOtorboat
12-24-2011, 12:11 PM
True, but are you looking at his body of work, or just when he throws. It's hard to debate that his passing has improved over the last few weeks. Is he Drew Brees? Of course not, but neither was Drew Brees after 13 games.

He cannot sustain those rushing numbers and be a healthy, successful quarterback. He's not an all purpose back, he's a quarterback.

elsid13
12-24-2011, 12:26 PM
The average life span for RB in the NFL is less then 3 years, there is a reason you don't want to run your QB a lot during the season on designed plays.

horsepig
12-24-2011, 04:05 PM

Run the ball and control the clock? Am I missing something?

buffsroam
12-24-2011, 04:18 PM
snaps under center
TE catching passes
ROYAL catching passes
FULLBACK catching passes

Tebow is awful. This blind love does nothing. Blame the WR and TE. Blame the
play calling. What a joke.

Tebow lost this game. Four INT's?

We need a QB that can play at a NFL level. This is coming from a 30+ year Bronco fan. I go back to Craig Morton, Norris Weese and all those that followed. So the idiots that think I am a Troll can go to hell.

Npba900
12-24-2011, 04:24 PM

We need a QB that can play at a NFL level. This is coming from a 30+ year Bronco fan. I go back to Craig Morton, Norris Weese and all those that followed. So the idiots that think I am a Troll can go to hell.

Tebow will have the entire offseason to fix all of his issues! Whats good for Tim is that Elway and Fox gave him invaluable real time NFL experience as the starting QB for 11 games.

From January thru June of 2012 Tebow will have 6 months to dramatically improve his passing percentage from the current 48.8 pct to at least a respectable 58 pct to 60 pct in 2012! Tebow will have the opportunity to enter into training camp in 2012 as a much more polished fundamentally and accurately QB vs where he was in 2011.

BroncoAV06
12-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Where has the option gone? It added to the run game, getting Royal on the outside, showing the defense different looks.

I am sick of how McCoy keeps using one back dive plays.

MOtorboat
12-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Tebow will have the entire offseason to fix all of his issues! Whats good for Tim is that Elway and Fox gave him invaluable real time NFL experience as the starting QB for 11 games.

From January thru June of 2012 Tebow will have 6 months to dramatically improve his passing percentage from the current 48.8 pct to at least a respectable 58 pct to 60 pct in 2012! Tebow will have the opportunity to enter into training camp in 2012 as a much more polished fundamentally and accurately QB vs where he was in 2011.

I'm fine with Tebow getting next season, and getting a full offseason of training with this coaching staff, but Tebow and Urban Meyer started talking about fixing his mechanics and making him into a drop back passer five years ago now. Five years. How is it going to be any different next year?

elsid13
12-25-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm fine with Tebow getting next season, and getting a full offseason of training with this coaching staff, but Tebow and Urban Meyer started talking about fixing his mechanics and making him into a drop back passer five years ago now. Five years. How is it going to be any different next year?

It isn't. A single offseason or OTA are not going to make any difference, it just an excuses at this point. Tebow is what he is and that ain't going to change. Hopefully he will speed up is play recognition, which allow him to get rid of the ball a little better, but that's it. His mechanics are so wired in at this point they aren't changing.

Plus you know the whole "he didn't get an offseason" is bullshit, he is second year player that did go through OTA/offseason last year and full professional season. He knew what he had to work - watching tape/reading defenses and working on his delivery, both of which didn't need coaching staff to be standing over him.

Chef Zambini
12-25-2011, 10:16 AM
tebows NFL passing skills are inferior to aLL THE QBs who enterd the NFL THIS season !
he will never change, trying to change how he delivers the ball is a JMCD mentality.
TT is a novelty act, the PATS provided a blueprint to stopping him, and his teammates have fallen down around him now oen to the reality of what their QB is and is not.

elsid13
12-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Where has the option gone? It added to the run game, getting Royal on the outside, showing the defense different looks.

I am sick of how McCoy keeps using one back dive plays.

Team got tape on it and figure out what to do. Read the Denver Post today and Bill's defenders stated they watched the film and figured out what the gameplan was based upon what other teams had done. KC is going to do the same thing.

HammeredOut
12-25-2011, 10:49 AM
You mean change the entire offense to fit your scheme?

Never change, zam. Never change.

The offense put up 14 points, not sure what is wrong with the offense. Its been doing the same thing for 9 weeks now. We make TT the hero when he wins with 14 points, but reguard our offense as disfunctional when he puts up 14 points and loses.

Chef Zambini
12-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Team got tape on it and figure out what to do. Read the Denver Post today and Bill's defenders stated they watched the film and figured out what the gameplan was based upon what other teams had done. KC is going to do the same thing.thaT IS WHY I started a thread about t the need for our offense to evolve and for other parts of our offense to take a roll.
at first we had the advantage of being unusual...
NOW we are far too predictable and the blueprint exists for defending us as well as attacking all our defensiove short-comings.
The miracles are over.

Dzone
12-25-2011, 02:43 PM
The pain of yesterdays loss continues to linger today like a bad hangover. Losing sucks. But losing like that really sucks.

catfish
12-27-2011, 02:39 PM

I would argue with you just for the hell of it, but this time I actually have a point. Urban Meyer recognized Tebow had a hitch in his throwing motion, they chose not to change it becasue "he was winning games" they didn't start trying to change his motion until after his senior year for fear it would destroy his accuracy while he was fixing it. Urban's job was to win games for UF not make sure Tebow was NFL ready so it wasn't a priority for him

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Team got tape on it and figure out what to do. Read the Denver Post today and Bill's defenders stated they watched the film and figured out what the gameplan was based upon what other teams had done. KC is going to do the same thing.
And to think how many here were bashed when we said it couldnt last....just wait til teams see it and its variations.

That said, since mccoy hasnt run the option in weeks....i say do it to kc again. Will they expect it?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

GEM
12-27-2011, 02:51 PM
snaps under center
TE catching passes
ROYAL catching passes
FULLBACK catching passes

The common denominator....catching passes. Tell McCoy to get his head out of his ass and stop having Royal run 1-5 yd routes. Remind McCoy that we have TE's, and that Spencer Larson is on this team. Soft hands Moreno is out for the year and was our best pass catching RB. It all boils down to.....Fox is a running coach and McCoy couldn't coach an offensive game plan if his life depended on it.

That better be the first move in the offseason....let that friggin idiot go.

WARHORSE
12-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Its tuesday.......

elsid13
12-27-2011, 04:23 PM
The common denominator....catching passes. Tell McCoy to get his head out of his ass and stop having Royal run 1-5 yd routes. Remind McCoy that we have TE's, and that Spencer Larson is on this team. Soft hands Moreno is out for the year and was our best pass catching RB. It all boils down to.....Fox is a running coach and McCoy couldn't coach an offensive game plan if his life depended on it.

That better be the first move in the offseason....let that friggin idiot go.

Gem, if you watch you will see that TE/RB and SE are running routes and are open, Tebow is just not seeing them or is locking in on the primary read and going for it.

BroncoJoe
12-27-2011, 04:24 PM

Like Tom Brady? He had an excellent game against Buffalo in Buffalo.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

:rolleyes:

Troll.

rcsodak
12-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Like Tom Brady? He had an excellent game against Buffalo in Buffalo.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

:rolleyes:

Troll.
I get it. Anybody that disagrees with you is a troll.

How genuine.

:coffee:

Npba900
12-28-2011, 01:20 PM
I get it. Anybody that disagrees with you is a troll.

How genuine.

:coffee:

No doubt about it over the last 3 weeks either Fox-Elway or opposing teams are making Tebow win games based on his arm. Ultimately T2 is going to be required to to show Fox-Elway and the entire NFL that he can win games with his ARM and from w/i the pocket!!!

The Tebow-SEC-Option will be short lived especially once the front 7 of opposing teams learn to shut it down. When this happens T2 will need to be the savior by using his ARM.

Tebow will be the starter in 2012, however between Jan thru June 2012, T2 had better become a Monk at Dove Valley to study film until he see's double. Then Tebow must work with Decker, Royale, Thomas, and his TE's so as to get on the same page and become familiar with each other's tendencies.

Thus allowing Tebow countless of repetative opportunites to work on his accuracy, consistency, and foot work ALL from behind Center and inside the pocket.

catfish
12-28-2011, 02:34 PM
No doubt about it over the last 3 weeks either Fox-Elway or opposing teams are making Tebow win games based on his arm. Ultimately T2 is going to be required to to show Fox-Elway and the entire NFL that he can win games with his ARM and from w/i the pocket!!!

The Tebow-SEC-Option will be short lived especially once the front 7 of opposing teams learn to shut it down. When this happens T2 will need to be the savior by using his ARM.

Tebow will be the starter in 2012, however between Jan thru June 2012, T2 had better become a Monk at Dove Valley to study film until he see's double. Then Tebow must work with Decker, Royale, Thomas, and his TE's so as to get on the same page and become familiar with each other's tendencies.

Thus allowing Tebow countless of repetative opportunites to work on his accuracy, consistency, and foot work ALL from behind Center and inside the pocket.

for the record any offense where the D can drop 7 into coverage and still collapse the pocket is pretty much ****** no matter what the scheme