PDA

View Full Version : First Annual Broncos Forums Hall of Fame Voting

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi all, per request of some members we will establish a Broncos Forums Hall of Fame. This is the initial voting for the inaugural class. Mods, I hope I can keep this thread here as it will drive more traffic and interest.

Here are the rules for the Hall of Fame. I came up with these myself, but if someone has a suggestion for something different let me know.

Eligibility Rules:
You must have been a member for at least 4 years as of 1-1-2012
You must have at least 4000 posts. (Avg. of 1000 per year)

Voting Rules:
Rank your top 5 posters IN ORDER
First place votes will be worth 5 points, second place 4 points, and so on and so forth
After voting concludes, the top 5 in points will be the inaugural Hall of Fame class of 2012
If there is a tie for 5th, all tied members will be inducted
You may NOT vote for yourself. A vote for yourself will not count.

Please PM your votes to me, BaileyTheBest. Any votes posted in this thread will not count. Voting will conclude on January 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST.

Here is the list of the posters eligible for this year's Hall of Fame Class. They are posted in alphabetical order to avoid bias in the order of the list.

atwater27
AZ_Snake
BaileyTheBest
BeefStew25
BigDaddyBronco
BOSSHOGG30
Bronco9798
broncogirl7
BroncoJoe
broncolingus
bronconut
Buff
claymore
CoachChaz
DallasChief
Davii
Day1BroncoFan
Den21vsBal19
DenBronx
Denver Native (Carol)
Dreadnought
frauschieze
G_Money
GEM
girler
hoptard
HORSEPOWER 56
jhildebrand
Kapaibro
KCL
King87
Lancane
LRtagger
MasterShake
Medford Bronco
Mike
Motorboat
NameUsedBefore
NightTrainLayne
Nomad
orangenblue420
Ravage!!!
rcsodak
Rex
SeeingRed
shank
silkamilkamonico
Skinny
Slick
slim
SmilinAssasSin27
sneakers
Thnikkaman
Timmy!
Tned
topscribe
turftoad
TXBRONC
underrated
Watchthemiddle
weazel
West

Hope everyone has fun with this and good luck to all of the candidates!

BroncoJoe
12-23-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the 1,000 posts/year or 4,000 total post count is a bit low to be considered a HOF'er. Just my feedback.

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I think it's consistent enough posting over four years to be considered. Just because you haven't contributed as much as some posters doesn't mean the contributions weren't quality. There are some VERY quality posters who have been here for 4 years and don't have much more than 4000 posts. If others agree with you though I'll consider changing it.

Northman
12-23-2011, 06:25 PM
I dont think thats too bad, its pretty easy to get over 4,000 by posting in listing threads like music and movies. Its a good starting point i think. In the end it should be more about the quality of the poster rather than just post count. I mean look at King87, 99% of his posts are worthless but do you really want him in the HOF here? lol

WTE
12-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I think the 1,000 posts/year or 4,000 total post count is a bit low to be considered a HOF'er. Just my feedback.

Not me.

At 1,000 posts a year I won't be inducted until 2019.

Can't wait!!

SoCalImport
12-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Damn it Zambini!!. You gotta get those numbers up!

honestly. It really tough to choose 5 from that list. I'll come back and try when sobre

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I also think for future years, just so the list length doesn't get out of control, you have to receive at least one vote to stay on the ballot the next year. And maybe also have a max number of years you are on the ballot before you come off.

WTE
12-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I also think for future years, just so the list length doesn't get out of control, you have to receive at least one vote to stay on the ballot the next year. And maybe also have a max number of years you are on the ballot before you come off.

Then I am just totally screwed at ever getting nominated.

That's OK, I was never gonna wear that ugly orange and blue HOF jacket anyway.

I look horrible in orange and blue!

Northman
12-23-2011, 06:45 PM
That hurts man.

We can still be bro's right?

spikerman
12-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Then I am just totally screwed at ever getting nominated.

That's OK, I was never gonna wear that ugly orange and blue HOF jacket anyway.

I look horrible in orange and blue!

Everybody looks good in orange and blue!

WTE
12-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Everybody looks good in orange and blue!

Yes, everybody.

http://callitmilehigh.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/josh-mcdaniels-broncos-20090603_zaf_d97_661.jpg

spikerman
12-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes, everybody.

http://callitmilehigh.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/josh-mcdaniels-broncos-20090603_zaf_d97_661.jpg

He's simply the exception that proves the rule and even he looked better than he does now.

hotcarl
12-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Just dropped in to say...oh nevermind

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 08:12 PM
You're in my hall of fame hotcarl.

Wow, that sounded really gay.

dogfish
12-23-2011, 08:34 PM
no broncowarrior?

i demand a recount!

:protest:

WTE
12-23-2011, 08:56 PM
no broncowarrior?

i demand a recount!

:protest:and where is Shazam! The Conservative Warrior!

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 09:03 PM
and where is Shazam! The Conservative Warrior!

He joined too late. Will be eligible next year.

SR
12-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I resubmitted my votes to you. I'm an idiot.

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 09:13 PM

I got it. Not a problem!

WTE
12-23-2011, 09:14 PM
He joined too late. Will be eligible next year.

But he's Shazam! He is like some type of Super hero.

I would think Super heroes deserve some type of exemption?

dogfish
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM

that's it, you're disqualified!

catfish
12-23-2011, 10:18 PM

you are officially the Florida of the Forum Hall of Fame vote, you have made a mockery of the entire system ;)

rcsodak
12-23-2011, 11:54 PM
No jr? What if he's reinstated?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
12-24-2011, 12:03 AM
:confused:No Az Snake...I'll vote for him anyway!

BTW, it's quality not quantity of the posts

BroncoWave
12-24-2011, 12:38 AM
:confused:No Az Snake...I'll vote for him anyway!

BTW, it's quality not quantity of the posts

Had to cut it off somewhere. I feel like (and it seems like most others agree) that being an active poster is important as well.

BeefStew25
12-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Had to cut it off somewhere. I feel like (and it seems like most others agree) that being an active poster is important as well.

Your vulva is working overtime.

Kapaibro
12-24-2011, 03:50 AM
vote for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best foreign lurker

Nomad
12-24-2011, 08:42 AM

lol....half the folks on the list is inactive and some just post bs and nothing relevant. I always thought the number of posts as status was silly. Most of mine are college football and/or just bs...not that I expect any votes :lol:. The dates I'll agree with as a cutoff.

Oh well, carryon.....I'm bitching just to bitch:lol:.

hotcarl
12-24-2011, 11:07 AM
I think freak posting should count blevdog has been posting for 10 years I vote for Blevins

BroncoWave
12-24-2011, 11:22 AM
lol....half the folks on the list is inactive and some just post bs and nothing relevant. I always thought the number of posts as status was silly. Most of mine are college football and/or just bs...not that I expect any votes :lol:. The dates I'll agree with as a cutoff.

Oh well, carryon.....I'm bitching just to bitch:lol:.

It just would have taken forever to compile a list without some sort of posting limit. And to remove the inactive posters, for next year's voting anyone who didn't get at least one vote this year will not be on the ballot next year.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2011, 11:26 AM
If you wanted to take the time, you could have a yearly "Broncos Forums Pro Bowl" roster for the guys who don't make it into the HOF...

Then, there would be no post limit and it would be like a consolation prize... :lol:

;)

BroncoWave
12-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Bump for those who haven't seen this thread yet. There are quite a few posters in the running so every vote counts.

gnomeflinger
12-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Why am I not included and West is? Really? I don't think I'll win, but I should be included.

Northman
12-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Why am I not included and West is? Really? I don't think I'll win, but I should be included.

I think you have to be a member for a full 4 years. You signed up in June of 08' and are 6 months short.

gnomeflinger
12-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Hmph. Technicality. Whatever. I will be eligible next year and will win.

MasterShake
12-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Sooo are we gonna do a ring of fame on the top of the site or something? Do we get our own bronze bust... or at least a bobble head?

Devilspawn
12-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Time to become a post hoar. That's 1.

Nick
12-26-2011, 02:06 AM
Shouldn't be hall of fame but like a Broncos Forums pro bowl. This is a popularity contest not valid debating and commenting with facts etc.

Krugan
12-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Yay for the hall of fame.

make sure and include some off the wall member and skip over fly over country

Northman
12-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Lol, got to love those who want to cry about it. If you dont want to participate or think its stupid than just dont comment and move on. No need to whine about it or demean other people trying to have fun with it.

Krugan
12-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Lol, got to love those who want to cry about it. If you dont want to participate or think its stupid than just dont comment and move on. No need to whine about it or demean other people trying to have fun with it.

Not sure you are directing this to me, as I had the last post, but if it was your missed my point.

I think its a cool idea, I dont post often so my response was geared to the NFL hall, who seem to pass over our middle of the country team and vote in others who might or might not be more deserving.

Got no gripes about the idea, but think HoF might be abit soon, maybe just BF posters of the year.

Northman
12-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Not sure you are directing this to me, as I had the last post, but if it was your missed my point.

I think its a cool idea, I dont post often so my response was geared to the NFL hall, who seem to pass over our middle of the country team and vote in others who might or might not be more deserving.

Got no gripes about the idea, but think HoF might be abit soon, maybe just BF posters of the year.

No, my comment was not directed at you.

spikerman
12-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Yay for the hall of fame.

make sure and include some off the wall member and skip over fly over country

:lol:

I see what you did there. Brilliant.

Btw, in keeping with the theme, if by some chance Randy Gradishar posts on here, no matter how deserving you are, you shall not be elected to the BF HoF. If, however, Harry Carson is posting on here, even if his posting quality is not equal to yours he would be a shoe in.

Timmy!
12-26-2011, 08:07 PM
When I win can I get one of those free beer for life prizes? That and maybe a new tire iron, I had to use it on Christmas eve (to actually change the tire, not pummel a woodland creature) and it wasn't the same. I fear the magic is gone

dogfish
12-26-2011, 08:35 PM
When I win can I get one of those free beer for life prizes?

who do you think T is, donald ****in' trump?

SR
12-26-2011, 09:12 PM
When I win can I get one of those free beer for life prizes?

who do you think T is, donald ****in' trump?

That's a trick question right?

BroncoJoe
12-26-2011, 09:14 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/joe.jpg

dogfish
12-26-2011, 11:43 PM
That's a trick question right?

maybe?

CoachChaz
12-27-2011, 12:03 AM
I'll vote for those that deserve it based on what they bring to the table. But, yeah...i see it likely turning into a clique thing

underrated29
12-27-2011, 12:33 AM
There is a 29 after my name. While I would personally like to be underrated,..:confused:....My name is for someone who was, old #29 howard griffith. ( i dont really care but I gotta Rep Howard Griffith when I can!)

sneakers
12-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Can we have a veterans committee vote in retired/banned users? I vote for Dream.

shank
12-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Can we have a veterans committee vote in retired/banned users? I vote for Dream.

dream is back buddy. :elefant:

CoachChaz
12-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Just let everyone in once they meet the requirements. That way it might mean even less than it already will

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Very good voting turnout so far. As of now, there are a pretty clear top 2 but after that there are about 10 posters within 10 points (or two first place votes) of each other, so the race for those last three spots is still wide open. Be sure to cast your ballot if you haven't yet because every vote will count!

Fullback32
12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
There is a 29 after my name. While I would personally like to be underrated,..:confused:....My name is for someone who was, old #29 howard griffith. ( i dont really care but I gotta Rep Howard Griffith when I can!)

Well you get my vote just for that. Fullbacks forever!

Wait, is there eligibility for voting? Why do I feel like there should have been an oath or something?

GEM
12-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Blah....about the only thing to win around here that really means something....is kicking someone's ass in FF. At least then it isn't a circle jerk of popularity. :laugh:

And I'm not saying it for any other purpose than that is what it is. Otherwise AZ would be on that ******* list. ;)

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Seriously, how hard is it for people who don't find these things appealing to just IGNORE the thread instead of coming in and criticizing it? It's really not that hard.

GEM
12-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Seriously, how hard is it for people who don't find these things appealing to just IGNORE the thread instead of coming in and criticizing it? It's really not that hard.

Because we all have an opinion and just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you get to turn it off.

Hall of Fame and AZ isn't even mentioned....makes it a joke right there.

You don't like the comment, ignore it.

catfish
12-27-2011, 04:53 PM

they are just trying to mask their dissapointment if they don't win

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Because we all have an opinion and just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you get to turn it off.

But coming in and personally attacking the posters who do enjoy it is cool? Got it!

GEM
12-27-2011, 04:56 PM
they are just trying to mask their dissapointment if they don't win

Not in my case. I honestly take issue with a Hall of Fame being discussed and AZ not being mentioned. I could care less if I make it or not. As you've seen, I really give 2 shits what anyone thinks one way or the other. I just think it's just ironic that a true Hall of Famer isn't even addressed.

catfish
12-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Not in my case. I honestly take issue with a Hall of Fame being discussed and AZ not being mentioned. I could care less if I make it or not. As you've seen, I really give 2 shits what anyone thinks one way or the other. I just think it's just ironic that a true Hall of Famer isn't even addressed.

I am nominating myself offensive rookie of the year,

vote him in on a write in

underrated29
12-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Blah....about the only thing to win around here that really means something....is kicking someone's ass in FF. At least then it isn't a circle jerk of popularity. :laugh:

And I'm not saying it for any other purpose than that is what it is. Otherwise AZ would be on that ******* list. ;)

Well if you guys made it a money league then that title would go to me....hahahahaha.....But, I understand that you are all to afraid to play against me.

GEM
12-27-2011, 04:58 PM
But coming in and personally attacking the posters who do enjoy it is cool? Got it!

Where did I personally attack anyone? Saying it's a circle jerk of popularity is attacking? :confused:

GEM
12-27-2011, 04:58 PM
I am nominating myself offensive rookie of the year,

vote him in on a write in

Sorry Tebowtime already claimed that. :laugh:

catfish
12-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Sorry Tebowtime already claimed that. :laugh:

I call shenanigans on the whole system!!!!

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Where did I personally attack anyone? Saying it's a circle jerk of popularity is attacking? :confused:

I've been told by mods on this message board (maybe even you) that using the term "circle jerk" in reference to other posters is a personal attack and not allowed.

jhildebrand
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Do I need to lock this thread for a while to come in here and clean up this mess? :confused:

:throwrock:

Don't make me do it!

GEM
12-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I've been told by mods on this message board (maybe even you) that using the term "circle jerk" in reference to other posters is a personal attack and not allowed.

Take out the fact that I'm a mod and other people in this same thread have said the same thing. I have the right to post, just as you do. If you don't want negative posts, don't post a thread. You don't own the Reply button. I can take out Circle Jerk and replace it with Popularity Contest. Would that make you happier or are you just bitching because you don't like the fact that someone posted a negative reaction?

Yep, it would be easier to just not reply and keep quiet....but well....I don't have to.

Oh and could you please send me where you were told not to use "Circle Jerk" because in my time as mod, and it's been awhile, I don't remember having that discussion. Since mod discussions aren't allowed in the open forum, you can pm that to me anytime.

topscribe
12-27-2011, 05:15 PM

AZ not only should be listed, but he should be near the top, IMO . . .

GEM
12-27-2011, 05:19 PM
AZ not only should be listed, but he should be near the top, IMO . . .

It's quantity of posts....not quality. ;)

BroncoNut
12-27-2011, 05:23 PM
I like the light attitude in here. You guys are a blast. Is AZ Arizona Snake?

GEM
12-27-2011, 05:27 PM

Yes.

jhildebrand
12-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Discipline being handed out in

GEM
12-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Discipline being handed out in

:shocked:

:couch:

BroncoJoe
12-27-2011, 05:32 PM
I think nut would make an excellent circle jerk HOF'er.

frauschieze
12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Honestly, AZ posts military articles primarily, and rarely if ever about the Broncos. I know some of y'all think that's great but personally, I don't think he's been here often enough in the last two years to be more than a blip on anyone's radar, except the long timers. HOF means a long lasting, consistent contribution in my opinion. I don't even fit the bill.

BroncoJoe
12-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Other MB's usually have an HOF designator once a poster reaches a certain milestone in post count. Otherwise, it really is nothing but a popularity contest.

That said,

GEM
12-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Honestly, AZ posts military articles primarily, and rarely if ever about the Broncos. I know some of y'all think that's great but personally, I don't think he's been here often enough in the last two years to be more than a blip on anyone's radar, except the long timers. HOF means a long lasting, consistent contribution in my opinion. I don't even fit the bill.

And that's your feeling, just like I have mine, but he should be on the list for us to vote on. If he doesn't get it, he doesn't, but to base this stuff on # of posts....is well, just silly.

And just a bit of Irony....I think it was AZ who reached RING OF FAMER first on Mania.

No, maybe he hasn't been as active as he was before. Maybe some of us are using his time on Mania as a reason he should be on. Whatever the reason, there's a reason why he is such a respected guy even after taking his posting down as he has. I guess ya just had to know him and what he was about, and what a friend he was to everyone.

frauschieze
12-27-2011, 05:41 PM

And that's your feeling, just like I have mine, but he should be on the list for us to vote on. If he doesn't get it, he doesn't, but to base this stuff on # of posts....is well, just silly.

What criteria would you prefer? How else should the potential nominees be decided?

Timmy!
12-27-2011, 05:42 PM
:pop2:

GEM
12-27-2011, 05:44 PM
What criteria would you prefer? How else should the potential nominees be decided?

Anyone over 4 years who isn't a lurker. SO the list is longer, so what. Doesn't mean that anyone would vote for them. What does it hurt to have a larger pool of people to choose from? He's about the only exception to the rule that I have seen.

I don't care about the votes, I don't care who gets in, I care that a guy like AZ isn't on the list because he's been quiet the last 2 years. That doesn't discredit what he has been previous to that just because he doesn't have some post count.

topscribe

And just a bit of Irony....I think it was AZ who reached RING OF FAMER first on Mania.

Actually, I was. AZ was second, although he ultimately passed me as the all
time points leader there. (I don't know what the situation is now because
neither of us spends much time there.) Which is ironic because I don't believe
the quality of my posts ever approached his. It's the same here: We haven't
seen a lot of his posts outside the Politics forum, but whether in or out of that
forum, he has never posted anything but quality.

BroncoJoe
:pop2:

Can we get one of those baby pools filled with jello?

Mud would work as well...

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Look people, I said IN THE FIRST POST, that if anyone had a problem with anything about this contest to post it and if others agreed it was a legitimate concern, I'd consider changing it. I was welcoming any constructive criticism on how to make this better. Now some people have expressed constructive criticism in this thread and to those posters, I thank you for the classy manner in which you did so. Others have decided to come in and personally attack me or this contest for it not being just the way they want, which is regrettable, but that's just the way some folks are. But if you want something changed, that probably isn't the most efficient way to go about it.

Anyone who knows me knows I am a reasonable dude and am willing to admit when I'm wrong or I've made a mistake. The reason I opened the floor for suggestions in the VERY FIRST POST was to make this contest as enjoyable for all as possible. I thank those who have actually given constructive criticism and those who have participated and had fun with this event. And for those who have just come in here to be negative, I hope you're pleased with yourselves.

Now having said all of this, it does appear that there is some concern among multiple posters with AZ Snake being left off the list. Let me just make a few points on this.

1. I had to draw the lines on eligibility somewhere. If you make anyone eligible, it's not really a "hall of fame". I realize this may cut some quality posters out, but I think the restrictions are fair, and most seem to agree.

2. Some seem to have a bigger issue with the post count than the time limit, but without any post count, there would have been a huge list of eligible members and it would have taken a great deal of time to either type that list out or to go through and check the join date of every poster voted for in this contest. Once again, as many people who would have been made eligible by this, I think it kinda waters down the prestige of a "hall of fame".

3. While I think, and it appears at least most others agree, that the restrictions are fair, there does seem to be enough of an outcry for AZ that I am willing to compromise. At this point of the competition, it's too late to simply add his name to the list and have everyone re-vote. I've gotten too many votes to do that. However, I am willing to add his name to the list now and if there is a big influx at the end of votes for him and he makes the top 5, he'll be in. There is still plenty of time to vote and plenty of people who haven't voted. I'll also be sure to include him on the ballot next year.

I almost hate to do this because it appeases certain posters in here who came in and whined because they didn't like the contest, but I'll put the overall support for AZ above how I feel about the whining of these few select posters.

Hopefully these changes are satisfactory, and if not hopefully any issues can be discussed in a more cordial manner from here on out.

topscribe
12-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Look people, I said IN THE FIRST POST, that if anyone had a problem with anything about this contest to post it and if others agreed it was a legitimate concern, I'd consider changing it. I was welcoming any constructive criticism on how to make this better. Now some people have expressed constructive criticism in this thread and to those posters, I thank you for the classy manner in which you did so. Others have decided to come in and personally attack me or this contest for it not being just the way they want, which is regrettable, but that's just the way some folks are. But if you want something changed, that probably isn't the most efficient way to go about it.

Anyone who knows me knows I am a reasonable dude and am willing to admit when I'm wrong or I've made a mistake. The reason I opened the floor for suggestions in the VERY FIRST POST was to make this contest as enjoyable for all as possible. I thank those who have actually given constructive criticism and those who have participated and had fun with this event. And for those who have just come in here to be negative, I hope you're pleased with yourselves.

Now having said all of this, it does appear that there is some concern among multiple posters with AZ Snake being left off the list. Let me just make a few points on this.

1. I had to draw the lines on eligibility somewhere. If you make anyone eligible, it's not really a "hall of fame". I realize this may cut some quality posters out, but I think the restrictions are fair, and most seem to agree.

2. Some seem to have a bigger issue with the post count than the time limit, but without any post count, there would have been a huge list of eligible members and it would have taken a great deal of time to either type that list out or to go through and check the join date of every poster voted for in this contest. Once again, as many people who would have been made eligible by this, I think it kinda waters down the prestige of a "hall of fame".

3. While I think, and it appears at least most others agree, that the restrictions are fair, there does seem to be enough of an outcry for AZ that I am willing to compromise. At this point of the competition, it's too late to simply add his name to the list and have everyone re-vote. I've gotten too many votes to do that. However, I am willing to add his name to the list now and if there is a big influx at the end of votes for him and he makes the top 5, he'll be in. There is still plenty of time to vote and plenty of people who haven't voted. I'll also be sure to include him on the ballot next year.

I almost hate to do this because it appeases certain posters in here who came in and whined because they didn't like the contest, but I'll put the overall support for AZ above how I feel about the whining of these few select posters.

Hopefully these changes are satisfactory, and if not hopefully any issues can be discussed in a more cordial manner from here on out.

'Preciate that.

However, "whining" is your term. I saw advocating. I didn't see much whining.

GEM
12-27-2011, 05:53 PM

Thanks. That was my only problem with it. I do feel it's a popularity contest, to which others have agreed. That isn't a personal attack, that is a personal opinion. So what if it's a popularity contest, so are the yearly awards...whatever. My issue was AZ, that's been dealt with, so thank you.

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 05:55 PM
'Preciate that.

However, "whining" is your term. I saw advocating. I didn't see much whining.

I wasn't referring to you. I just feel that some of the "advocating" could have been done in a more proper manner. That is all. It's all resolved now though so I consider it water under the bridge.

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Also, if anyone DOES want to change their vote and include AZ, I will allow it. Nomad, I've already changed yours since your PM indicated you wanted to vote for him.

Also, I strongly hope that those who have advocated for AZ but not voted yet put their money behind that advocation and do so. :)

camdisco24
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't see how it can be a popularity contest. If enough people vote, they will vote who they feel is the best poster, there are enough people on here that it should really come down to quality, not friends on and off the board. Just my opinion, but I don't see how a forum could have a popularity contest... Maybe I'm missing something?

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't see how it can be a popularity contest. If enough people vote, they will vote who they feel is the best poster, there are enough people on here that it should really come down to quality, not friends on and off the board. Just my opinion, but I don't see how a forum could have a popularity contest... Maybe I'm missing something?

I tend to agree. The people who are leading in the voting right now are those who consistently post quality stuff and have over the years. The comedians and buddy-buddy posters who frequent the lounge and may be more "popular" than some of the more quality posters aren't faring quite as well in the voting. I think the first class will be a very quality one that most people can get behind.

Nomad
12-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Also, if anyone DOES want to change their vote and include AZ, I will allow it. Nomad, I've already changed yours since your PM indicated you wanted to vote for him.

Also, I strongly hope that those who have advocated for AZ but not voted yet put their money behind that advocation and do so. :)

I know it's all in fun, but I'd rather see his name on the ballot than mine, because I'm not worthy and won't have to worry about it after this year:lol:.

BroncoWave
12-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Also, I have to say maybe all this controversy is a good thing. Brings more attention to the thread and has gotten more people to vote that probably wouldn't have otherwise! :D

GEM
12-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Also, I have to say maybe all this controversy is a good thing. Brings more attention to the thread and has gotten more people to vote that probably wouldn't have otherwise! :D

See....sometimes my bitching does help. Not often, but at least it was good for something! :D

topscribe
12-27-2011, 06:24 PM

And I'm certain most of us appreciate your contribution with this thread . . .

topscribe
12-27-2011, 06:26 PM
See....sometimes my bitching does help. Not often, but at least it was good for something! :D

You're the prettiest bitcher I know . . .http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

GEM
12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
And I'm certain most of us appreciate your contribution with this thread . . .

Most definitely. I was not attempting to jab at BTB personally. Taking this stuff on is a lot and I appreciate him doing it. I have a serious soft spot for AZ and I just couldn't see a Ring of Fame class that didn't include him.

MOtorboat
12-27-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't think anyone should get in on first ballot, on principle.

-signed, Baseball HOF writers

dogfish
12-27-2011, 06:31 PM
MO, i'm concerned that accusations of PED use are going to hurt broncojoe's chances. . . any chance you could do a little investigative reporting?

Nomad
12-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Most definitely. I was not attempting to jab at BTB personally. Taking this stuff on is a lot and I appreciate him doing it. I have a serious soft spot for AZ and I just couldn't see a Ring of Fame class that didn't include him.

He's the Terrell Davis of the boards.

MOtorboat
12-27-2011, 06:39 PM
MO, i'm concerned that accusations of PED use are going to hurt broncojoe's chances. . . any chance you could do a little investigative reporting?

He did look like he'd gained some muscle mass, and his head might have grown.

I'm not sure if Mrs. BJ will let us know about the other side effects.

BroncoJoe
12-27-2011, 06:42 PM
He did look like he'd gained some muscle mass, and his head might have grown.

I'm not sure if Mrs. BJ will let us know about the other side effects.

:shocked:

BroncoWave
12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Another bump to get this back on the front page. I'm very pleased with the amount of votes we have received so far but there are still a few days left to vote so anyone who hasn't yet still has time!

CoachChaz
12-28-2011, 01:11 PM

I think this is what makes this a bit od a farce. A comment saying this is a joke if someone that rarely posts isnt elected kund of puts a damper on something that is barely afloat. There are enough reasons to dislike this thread (popularity contest, minimal requirements, etc) but pissing on it isnt the way to make it better.

My biggest problem is having probably 10 or more deserving people...and only 3 recipients. I believe the initial class should be expanded. Otherwise it will be obvious who the first few years of this will bring in. after the initial class, then limit it to 3.

Ehhh...who cares

WTE
12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Who are the HOF recipients gonna thank at the Induction Ceremonies?

Their parents? Spouse?

Are they gonna say it was always their dream to be elected to a message board HOF ever since they entered their first chat room?

CoachChaz
12-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Who are the HOF recipients gonna thank at the Induction Ceremonies?

Their parents? Spouse?

Are they gonna say it was always their dream to be elected to a message board HOF ever since they entered their first chat room?

I think you nailed why it doesnt have whole lot of meaning.

camdisco24
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea Coach. Maybe make the first class 5 or so? Next year make it 3? I don't want to throw too much of wrench in the calculations if you already have a top 3 system though BTB.

CoachChaz
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Didnt we do something on the Freak kind of like this? I remember me and others having to write an acceptance speech for something. It meant so much that I totally forgot what it was

BroncoWave
12-28-2011, 01:37 PM
I think this is what makes this a bit od a farce. A comment saying this is a joke if someone that rarely posts isnt elected kund of puts a damper on something that is barely afloat. There are enough reasons to dislike this thread (popularity contest, minimal requirements, etc) but pissing on it isnt the way to make it better.

My biggest problem is having probably 10 or more deserving people...and only 3 recipients. I believe the initial class should be expanded. Otherwise it will be obvious who the first few years of this will bring in. after the initial class, then limit it to 3.

Ehhh...who cares

That's actually a pretty good idea Coach. Maybe make the first class 5 or so? Next year make it 3? I don't want to throw too much of wrench in the calculations if you already have a top 3 system though BTB.

If you go back and read the first post it clearly states that 5 people will be inducted. Not sure where you got 3 from.

camdisco24
12-28-2011, 02:17 PM
If you go back and read the first post it clearly states that 5 people will be inducted. Not sure where you got 3 from.

I was just basing my post off of Coach. :lol:

Ok cool then. Keep the ship sailing.

BroncoWave
12-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Just an update on how the voting is going, I'm quite pleased so far. I think we've gotten as many as or at least close to as many votes so far as for any single BF award poll I can think of, and there are still 4 days left to vote. I'm quite please with that turnout.

As for how the results may shake out, it's an interesting race. The top two in voting are running away with it and seem to be a lock to get in. The race for the next 3 spots is wide open though. There are about 10 posters who have a realistic shot at claiming those last 3 spots and all 10 would be deserving of them.

The voting for those last few spots is razor-wire close right now, so if you haven't voted I strongly encourage you to do so. While some may think this is silly and not think it's a big deal, it might be an honor to others, so every vote counts.

LordTrychon
12-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Is there a cutoff on getting on the ballot?

If I squeeze out 300 posts in the next two days, how are my chances?

:laugh:

Seriously though, this is pretty cool and I'm glad you guys decided to do this.

I'll have to think pretty hard about my vote...

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 03:38 PM
bump

WTE
12-29-2011, 03:46 PM
bump

Thanks I just spilled my beer.

Give me some warning first.

dogfish
12-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks I just spilled my beer.

Give me some warning first.

it was probably a crappy sam adams boston lager anyway-- no big loss. . .

:welcome:

TXBRONC
12-29-2011, 03:50 PM
it was probably a crappy sam adams boston lager anyway-- no big loss. . .

:welcome:

Actually he has a mug full of melted yellow snow.

WTE
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Actually he has a mug full of melted yellow snow.

Actually no snow up here so far. Been a weird winter. We had a big snowstorm on Halloween and that's been it.

AlWilsonizKING
12-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Just started reading the thread and didn't finish, so I'm late to the discussion, but damn I guess I need to start doing random posts of nonsense to get my post count up....:rolleyes:....Not really a good judgement of being HOF worthy if you ask me. Will vote, but even before reading the names I know the 5 I will choose.

:salute:

PEACE!!!

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Just started reading the thread and didn't finish, so I'm late to the discussion, but damn I guess I need to start doing random posts of nonsense to get my post count up....:rolleyes:....Not really a good judgement of being HOF worthy if you ask me. Will vote, but even before reading the names I know the 5 I will choose.

:salute:

PEACE!!!

4000 posts in 4 years equals about 2.7 posts per day. I don't find that unreasonable or requiring posting a bunch of random nonsense at all.

While quality of the posts should be a big factor, I feel like being a consistently active member should also factor in.

WTE
12-29-2011, 04:16 PM
but damn I guess I need to start doing random posts of nonsense to get my post count up....:rolleyes:....

You just need to join more game day threads and post stuff like....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

and

Crap!!!!

and

We suck!!!

and

You can't drop that!!!!

You will get your post count up in no time. :laugh:

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 04:21 PM
You just need to join more game day threads and post stuff like....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

and

Crap!!!!

and

We suck!!!

and

You can't drop that!!!!

You will get your post count up in no time. :laugh:

Like I said, 2.7 posts per day. If you can't even come up with 3 quality posts per day you probably don't deserve to be in the HOF.

AlWilsonizKING
12-29-2011, 04:21 PM
4000 posts in 4 years equals about 2.7 posts per day. I don't find that unreasonable or requiring posting a bunch of random nonsense at all.

While quality of the posts should be a big factor, I feel like being a consistently active member should also factor in.

Yeah but I did read the names and some on there seem to have a lot of nonsense to say and a lot of 1 sentence posts, which in turn adds to a large number of total posts. I feel I am a regular on here, don't post evey day, but do read almost every day. Do I want to be HOF, not a huge thing to me, but I do know of other posters who do contruibute but don't have the post count'.

Just my opinion and like I said I will and did vote. You asked for feedback/suggestions, that's what I gave.

PEACE!!!

WTE
12-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Like I said, 2.7 posts per day. If you can't even come up with 3 quality posts per day you probably don't deserve to be in the HOF.

I can't come up with three quality posts in a year!

KCL
12-29-2011, 04:34 PM
I can't come up with three quality posts in a year!

Sure you can..just post more smack!!!! :beer:

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 04:45 PM
And for what it's worth, the 5 posters whom it appears will make it are all very quality posters who consistently post good stuff. As I have said multiple times in this thread, the posters who have beefed up their post count with random babble, comedy, and lounge humor aren't faring well in the vote at all. A few are doing okay but for the most part people seem to be taking this vote pretty seriously and are voting for the most quality posters, which I am very happy with and think most others will be too.

WTE
12-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Sure you can..just post more smack!!!! :beer:

Thnnk thinks my smack sthnnks.

Buff
12-29-2011, 04:50 PM
And for what it's worth, the 5 posters whom it appears will make it are all very quality posters who consistently post good stuff. As I have said multiple times in this thread, the posters who have beefed up their post count with random babble, comedy, and lounge humor aren't faring well in the vote at all. A few are doing okay but for the most part people seem to be taking this vote pretty seriously and are voting for the most quality posters, which I am very happy with and think most others will be too.

I hate these awards more and more every time you post. No offense.

KCL
12-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Thnnk thinks my smack sthnnks.

I like it!!!

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 04:54 PM
I hate these awards more and more every time you post. No offense.

Then don't open the ****ing thread. How hard is that?

BroncoNut
12-29-2011, 04:55 PM
what about me? have I gotten any votes?

WTE
12-29-2011, 04:55 PM
I like it!!!

I haven't been in the smack forum much. Lately I have been enjoying more random babble, comedy and lounge humor.

KCL
12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I haven't been in the smack forum much. Lately I have been enjoying more random babble, comedy and lounge humor.

Well the Pats already beat the Broncos so I can understand.

WTE
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM

Psssst. I gave you a vote. You freakin' crack me up.

BroncoNut
12-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Psssst. I gave you a vote. You freakin' crack me up.

thanks WTE. I just read the rules of the voting. I think I'll vote soon.

Buff
12-29-2011, 04:59 PM

A.) I was joking.
B.) I had no intention of belittling you or your thread until you decided to editorialize what it means to be a quality poster, thereby insulting me.
C.) I'll have you know that I have the hippie vote locked up, but there are some challenges mobilizing my base.

sneakers
12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
C.) I'll have you know that I have the hippie vote locked up, but there are some challenges mobilizing my base.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FanInAZ
12-29-2011, 05:01 PM

Yes.

I remember a few months back when a young lady was introducing her new boyfriend to the ladies sitting behind me; he had my same 1st name. Later that day, I went to lunch & heard my name being called out. I turned & discovered that the lady was talking to some other guy. Two days later, I'm eating dinner when I hear my name being mentioned at a table with a couple of young ladies. That's right; they were talking about some guy that they knew.

At first I was puzzled when you kept referring to AZ, because it could also have meant me. However, I figure that probably was Arizona Snake even before I got to the post were bronconut ask you the question because I knew I didn't meet the criteria. That and the fact that you don’t comment on, nor salute, very many of my post made it unlikely that you would want to cast a vote for me. I’m not saying that to pout or make you feel bad, I was just me employing my deductive reasoning to make sense of what I was reading.

Nevertheless, it will take me 2 - 3 years to become eligible. At that time, I'll receive exactly 0 votes and will therefore become ineligible for years to come. After all, you are dead on about this being strictly a popularity contest.

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 05:04 PM
A.) I was joking.
B.) I had no intention of belittling you or your thread until you decided to editorialize what it means to be a quality poster, thereby insulting me.

Not sure why you took my post as an insult. I never said those those who post alot in the lounge aren't quality posters. Some of the people who will get in post in the lounge quite frequently, but also post quality stuff elsewhere. But the posters who almost primarily post in the lounge or just post alot of BS and don't really add much to Broncos talk aren't faring as well. Not saying that means they are bad posters though. The fact that you took that post as an insult says alot though.

GEM
12-29-2011, 05:05 PM

So are you going to publicly announce everyone's votes if you have more temper tantrums. :rolleyes:

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Things like this prove more than anything that it's impossible to please everyone.

WTE
12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Things like this prove more than anything that it's impossible to please everyone.

I'm happy.

KCL
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
BTB..keep doing your thing.I'm not into the Awards thing but like Slick posted..thanks for taking the time to do this.I have no interest but I'm sure several people do.

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 05:10 PM
So are you going to publicly announce everyone's votes if you have more temper tantrums. :rolleyes:

If someone is going to come in and simply insult me/the contest and add nothing of value I have no problem doing so. Although you'll notice I've said nothing of how you or others who have criticized this thread are faring in the vote, so I'm not really sure what lead you to post this.

KCL
12-29-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm happy.

Exactly..don't worry...be happy!!!! :elefant:

catfish
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM

i gave you negative votes, im pretty sure that puts you at -1

topscribe
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM

I'll vote if it means you'll win, Nut.

catfish
12-29-2011, 05:25 PM
I'll vote if it means you'll win, Nut.

I wouldn't bother, I am fairly sure I am winning all five slots in a landslide due to a write in campaign by my legions of faithful followers.....if not I will scream to the rafters how stupid this contest is ;)

Timmy!
12-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Don't worry buff, I'm sure I have no votes as well. I can't begin to explain the pain I feel. Hold me.

Buff
12-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Not sure why you took my post as an insult. I never said those those who post alot in the lounge aren't quality posters. Some of the people who will get in post in the lounge quite frequently, but also post quality stuff elsewhere. But the posters who almost primarily post in the lounge or just post alot of BS and don't really add much to Broncos talk aren't faring as well. Not saying that means they are bad posters though. The fact that you took that post as an insult says alot though.

You're right, it clearly implicates me as an enjoyer of comedy, lounge humor, and random babble... Not the kind of traits we're looking for in a quality poster.

Now, forgive me for interrupting the super cereal vote you've got going here.

gnomeflinger
12-29-2011, 06:01 PM
:rolleyes: You guys suck. You are taking this way more seriously than it needs to be. No one gets anything out of it, other than glory. And even then, it's very short-lived glory. Vote or don't vote. Some people think this is fun, and will participate. If you don't like it, don't belittle those who do.

BroncoWave
12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
:rolleyes: You guys suck. You are taking this way more seriously than it needs to be. No one gets anything out of it, other than glory. And even then, it's very short-lived glory. Vote or don't vote. Some people think this is fun, and will participate. If you don't like it, don't belittle those who do.

I wish everyone had this mindset. But as I said earlier, can't please everyone! Oh well, for the most part this contest seems to be going well, so I'm pleased.

dogfish
12-29-2011, 06:07 PM

hey, leave buff alone-- his bitterness keeps him warm at night. . . :D

topscribe
12-29-2011, 06:08 PM

That's true for those who are taking it seriously, Gnomey. But it
appears a lot of this is tongue-in-cheek. ;)

gnomeflinger
12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
I said "you guys suck" not "Buff sucks."

dogfish
12-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I said "you guys suck" not "Buff sucks."

don't you start with me, gnomie!

gnomeflinger
12-29-2011, 06:23 PM
don't you start with me, gnomie!

I have children who pick fights over stupid stuff. It's my job as mom to point out the absurdity and get them to stop it. Sometimes, this message board is no better than my kids.

Timmy!
12-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Gnomey, go bake something.

gnomeflinger
12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Gnomey, go bake something.

I hate baking.

chazoe60
12-29-2011, 06:28 PM
I'll be eligable in 2013 and until then I'm gonna make this place my bitch.

WTE
12-29-2011, 06:36 PM
I have children who pick fights over stupid stuff. It's my job as mom to point out the absurdity and get them to stop it. Sometimes, this message board is no better than my kids.

It wasn't me!

KCL
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
hey, leave buff alone-- his bitterness keeps him warm at night. . . :D

Maybe he has a little hottie that's keeping him warm...:D

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 06:42 PM
For my loyal supporters who haven't yet voted:

For those who are not my loyal supporters and who voted for someone else:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/joebird.jpg

SR
12-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Can we nominate Dream to the HoF? He's not here anymore, but is deserving IMO.

CoachChaz
12-29-2011, 10:29 PM
At this point, I cant wait til this is all over just so we can all stop ranting about it and we can all go on not remembering who the "winners" are.

Nomad
12-29-2011, 10:31 PM
For my loyal supporters who haven't yet voted:

For those who are not my loyal supporters and who voted for someone else:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/joebird.jpg

Is that a Coors NA? That label looks silver!:lol:

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Is that a Coors NA? That label looks silver!:lol:

It's probably a Coors Light, taken before my sabbatical. Nothing but NA since March. :)

Northman
12-29-2011, 10:36 PM

Well stated.

Northman
12-29-2011, 10:39 PM
At this point, I cant wait til this is all over just so we can all stop ranting about it and we can all go on not remembering who the "winners" are.

Im hoping for more crying and whining about it. Its hilarious.

Nomad
12-29-2011, 10:40 PM
It's probably a Coors Light, taken before my sabbatical. Nothing but NA since March. :)

Yeah, I need to lay low on the brews and start PTing more.

Anyway, carry on the HOF talk.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I always made fun of the class President in school. This is kind of the same deal.

Northman
12-29-2011, 10:44 PM
I always made fun of the class President in school. This is kind of the same deal.

Yea, same here. Then i graduated and grew up.

Timmy!
12-29-2011, 11:17 PM

U should be automatically disqualified for this. :tsk:

BroncoJoe
12-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Yea, same here. Then i graduated and grew up.

Huh.

BroncoWave
12-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Bump again. Two days left to vote.

jhildebrand
12-31-2011, 02:27 PM

I think it is pretty cool.

Poet
12-31-2011, 02:42 PM
It's really easy to take pot shots at someone doing something.

BroncoWave
01-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Just a heads up, voting ends tonight at 11:59 PM EST. So if you haven't gotten your votes in yet today is the last chance to do so.

BroncoWave
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
It appears that everyone who is going to vote has voted, but nonetheless, this will be my final bump before the poll closes tonight unless we have any stragglers.

I'll post the winners at some point tomorrow.