PDA

View Full Version : How about scripting our plays for the Pitt game

Medford Bronco
10-10-2007, 07:12 PM
I figured instead of all the what went wrong stuff, and I know that I am one of the worst offenders here. Lets try to script our first plays or drive, for fun vs Pitt, assuming we get the opening kick off.

Here we go.

After a stellar return to the 21 yard line :laugh:without a fumble.

- run off tackle
- fake run and throw to Graham for about 10-15 yards
- fake run left and throw right to Javon Walker for about a 10 yard gain

- run right up the gut.
_ fake run up the gut, pitch back to Cutler and bomb to B Marshall.

Here is to good karma :salute:

Lonestar
10-10-2007, 09:49 PM
you be way to optimistic for mikey to comprehend

Mike
10-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Ball at the 20
1 play....Cutler play action pass to Stokley (17 yards)
2 play...Henry off right tackle (0 gain)
3 play...screen to Young (8 yards)
4 play...Henry run off left tackle (4 yards)
5 play...swing pitch to Henry right side (15 yards)
6 play...Cutler pass slant to Walker (8 yards)
7 play...Henry run off left tackle (3 yards)
8 play...Henry run right (0 gain)
9 play...Cutler play action pass to Walker (25 yard TD)

How's that for optimistic? ;)

Lonestar
10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Ball at the 20
1 play....Cutler play action pass to Stokley (17 yards)
2 play...Henry off right tackle (0 gain)
3 play...screen to Young (8 yards)
4 play...Henry run off left tackle (4 yards)
5 play...swing pitch to Henry right side (15 yards)
6 play...Cutler pass slant to Walker (8 yards)
7 play...Henry run off left tackle (3 yards)
8 play...Henry run right (0 gain)
9 play...Cutler play action pass to Walker (25 yard TD)

How's that for optimistic? ;)

Please do remember that PITS defense has alwyas given Mickey issues and the last time we played with a healthy Oline Jake was running for his life.

Sorry but this one is even biggger lock than the SAN game was.

Medford Bronco
10-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Please do remember that PITS defense has alwyas given Mickey issues and the last time we played with a healthy Oline Jake was running for his life.

I thought the last time we played Pitt we won last year :confused:

31-20 the day Javon was on fire?

Denver 31, Pittsburgh 20
Denver 31, Pittsburgh 20

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer
November 5, 2006

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers never thought they would already be playing for next year halfway through a season that began with so many expectations.

Javon Walker scored three touchdowns on two receptions and a 72-yard run on a wide receiver reverse and the Denver Broncos took advantage of repeated Pittsburgh mistakes to win 31-20 on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The loss likely ended any realistic chance the Steelers had to repeat their Super Bowl title. Nearly 11 months after halting Denver's season in the AFC championship game, the Steelers may have seen this season effectively ended by the Broncos (6-2) in Pittsburgh.

"I would have bet my house before the season started we wouldn't be 2-6," defensive lineman Casey Hampton said. "I'd be homeless right now."

The Steelers have lost six of seven to match their worst midseason record in coach Bill Cowher's 15 seasons and by any returning NFL champion in 20 seasons. No team has bounced back from a 2-6 record and a loss in its eighth game to make the playoffs, and only the Arizona Cardinals (1-7) have a worse record in the NFL.

"At 2-6, you have to audition for next year," wide receiver Hines Ward said. "We'll see now who wants it and who throws in the towel."

Running back Willie Parker wonders if some players already have. To him, it seems as if some Steelers were satisfied with winning the Super Bowl, and players may not trust their teammates as they did before.

"I'm not blaming anybody," he said. "That's just the way I see it."

Pittsburgh must sweep its final eight games to get to 10-6, a record that might be needed to reach the AFC playoffs with five teams having only two or fewer losses.

"If you're 2-5, you can't afford to lose many more in the AFC," Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer said.

The Broncos never got anything going offensively until it was too late in that 34-17 loss to Pittsburgh in the AFC championship game in January, but this game was just the opposite. They led 14-0 less than four minutes in on Plummer's 16-yard touchdown throw to Rod Smith following Walker's 38-yard reception and Walker's 10-yard TD catch that came after Santonio Holmes fumbled a kickoff.

"We were down 14-0 before you could blink," Cowher said.

Not that Shanahan felt any extra satisfaction beating the team that kept Denver out of the Super Bowl.

"It's always nice to beat a good football team and a well-run organization, but I don't think you can compare it to that," Shanahan said. "They did it when the pressure was on and in our backyard."

Walker, the former Green Bay receiver who tore up a knee in his first game of last season, scored on his long run on Denver's second play of the second half and added a second 10-yard TD catch, again with Ike Taylor in coverage, to make it 28-17 early in the fourth quarter.

"Sometimes you dig pretty deep for some plays, and the coaches must have seen something," Walker said of his 72-yard run. "I saw the cornerback (Deshea Townsend) come up and I glanced to my right and I saw the cutback lane up the middle."

What surprised Steelers linebacker Larry Foote was, "I don't know if anybody touched him. When have you see a big play like that against our defense? That was uncalled for."

Later, Walker -- who had 206 yards receiving and rushing -- got open downfield on a 61-yard pass play against Taylor to the Steelers 18 to set up Jason Elam's 32-yard field goal that effectively closed out the Steelers.

The Broncos took advantage of the kind of mistakes the Steelers have made all season -- Roethlisberger interceptions, fumbles at key times and costly penalties -- to rebound from its 34-31 loss to the Colts last week and stay atop the AFC West.

Roethlisberger threw for a career-high 433 yards by going 38-of-54 a week after having four passes intercepted in a 20-13 loss at Oakland. But he had three more interceptions, two at the Denver 3-yard line by Champ Bailey -- the first coming with the Steelers possibly driving for the tying score midway through the second quarter.

Not only did the Steelers turn the ball over, they did so in the worst possible place inside the Broncos 5. Ward fumbled at the Broncos 1 in the final two minutes, after being hit by John Lynch, and wide receiver Cedrick Wilson lost a fumble at the 6 with the Steelers trying to come back from the early 14-0 deficit late in the first quarter.

The Steelers have more turnovers (10) in two games than the eight they had during their eight-game winning streak that ended last season and carried through the playoffs. They also have more (24) in half a season than they did all last season (23).

"We're doing the same thing over and over and over," Parker said. "We're a great team that's 2-6, and it's because we're not concentrating on the little things."

Parker scored both Steelers touchdowns, on a 15-yard pass from Roethlisberger early in the second quarter and a 3-yard run late in the third that briefly cut Denver's advantage to 21-17.

Plummer was 16-of-27 for 227 yards even though the Steelers held led 499-336 in total yardage. ... The Broncos won despite losing two starters to injuries in the first half: linebacker Ian Gold (hamstring) and safety Nick Ferguson (concussion). Ferguson was hurt while being blocked by Ward, came back for a few plays, then left again and did not return. Ferguson's replacement, Sam Brandon, may have seriously injured a knee late in the game. ... The Broncos have allowed 54 points in two games after giving up 44 in their first six. ... Game security was tightened after two college film students tried sneaking into Heinz Field overnight, apparently to shoot a dance video.

Mike
10-11-2007, 10:47 AM

I am just saying that if I scripted the plays...that's what I'd do. Who knows about the gains? I hate the playcalling this year. It is pathetic. I remember when the offense used to keep teams on their heels and kept them guessing. Now, Denver is pathetically predictable.

As far as it being a lock...this was a script from one drive...not a prediction for victory.

Denver won't win this game. Right now I am just hoping they don't embarass themselves again. :tsk:

Medford Bronco
10-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I am just saying that if I scripted the plays...that's what I'd do. Who knows about the gains? I hate the playcalling this year. It is pathetic. I remember when the offense used to keep teams on their heels and kept them guessing. Now, Denver is pathetically predictable.

As far as it being a lock...this was a script from one drive...not a prediction for victory.

Denver won't win this game. Right now I am just hoping they don't embarass themselves again. :tsk:

as much as I am a pessimist. You can never know what happens. a fumble, fluke play etc and Denver goes up 14-0 early.

I dont guaranty anything but understand where we are coming from.

I would think that the pride of this team is hurt and they should come out and play a much better game than vs SD. IMO

Mike
10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
I would think that the pride of this team is hurt and they should come out and play a much better game than vs SD. IMO

I saw, in person, a team give up last week. It will take a lot for me to think that this team has any pride to hurt.:2thumbsdown:

Medford Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I saw, in person, a team give up last week. It will take a lot for me to think that this team has any pride to hurt.:2thumbsdown:

if that is the case then we will go 3-13 if they dont care :ahhhhh:

I think some leaders will step up hopefully and try at least to turn this around.

TXBRONC
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
At any rrate I thought you were looking for people to script the first drive not make predictions on the game? Am I wrong?

Medford Bronco
10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
At any rrate I thought you were looking for people to script the first drive not make predictions on the game? Am I wrong?

Make a script TX that would be great.:beer:

I was just trying to have fun and just responded to some of the posts here :ahhhhh:

TXBRONC
10-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Make a script TX that would be great.:beer:

I was just trying to have fun and just responded to some of the posts here :ahhhhh:

Opening drive:

Kickoff: Return (insert name) fields the kick at the 3 and returns it to the 24 yard line.

1st play: stretch play to the left.

2nd play: inside run to the right.

3rd play: action pass to Graham down the seam.

4th play: skinny post to Walker or Marshall (take your pick).

5th play: stretch play to left once again.

6th play: run between left guard and center.

7th play: wide receiver screen to Walker.

8th play; play action crossing route to Graham, touch down.

How's that?

Medford Bronco
10-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Opening drive:

Kickoff: Return (insert name) fields the kick at the 3 and returns it to the 24 yard line.

1st play: stretch play to the left.

2nd play: inside run to the right.

3rd play: action pass to Graham down the seam.

4th play: skinny post to Walker or Marshall (take your pick).

5th play: stretch play to left once again.

6th play: run between left guard and center.

7th play: wide receiver screen to Walker.

8th play; play action crossing route to Graham, touch down.

How's that?

:salute:

how bout we continue

kickoff to Santonio Holmes, fumble at the 10, recovered by Denver

Then Bam up the middle for Travis Henry for 10 yards TD, Denver up 14-0 and then Pitt can not dictate with the run

this is exactly what we need :beer:

TXBRONC
10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
:salute:

how bout we continue

kickoff to Santonio Holmes, fumble at the 10, recovered by Denver

Then Bam up the middle for Travis Henry for 10 yards TD, Denver up 14-0 and then Pitt can not dictate with the run

this is exactly what we need :beer:

It wouldn't hurt.

Next kick off, kick off team holds the Steelers to a moderate return.

The Steelers drive using the run (what else is new) and short passes. They matriculate to the Denver 20 where the defense stiffens and holds them to a field goal.

BigBroncLove
10-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Well.... I doubt the old Broncos organization will be playing close attention, but if it were me this is what I would do. I want to itterate that this is more of what I would want to see rather then what I think the Broncos would do on their first offensive drive. I will not make predictions on waht will happen though if any of this does happen...

Play 1 - I formation, strong side. Graham and Henry stay in to pass protect. 5 step drop. Marshall runs a flag pattern, Walker runs a deep in, with Sapp being the main target with a release off the line on a check down in the flats.

Play 2 - I Formation. Off tackle run, weak side.

Play 3 - Singleback formation, 3 wide with TE. 3 step drop, quick release to Marshall on the slant. Second option is Walker on a dig route. Stokley goes deep if all goes awry with a deep go route. Henry and Graham stay in for pass protection.

Play 4 - Singleback formation, 3 wide with TE. Play action bootleg. Walker the #1 target in an out pattern running parrallel to Cutler. Graham is the second target running an outside post over the top of Walker. Stokley runs a slant route across the middle in case Cutler is able to throw across his body. Marshall runs a deep route to stretch the D.

Play 5 - I Formation. Sweep right.

Play 6 - I Formation, weak side. Counter play, strong side.

Play 7 - Singleback formation, strong side. 7 step drop, high low stretch. #1 target is Walker Stop n Go route deep. #2 target is Stokley in a deep in route. #3 target is Marshall in a come back route (modified form of the dig). #4 target is Henry as a last option check down near the LOS. Graham stays in to protect.

Play 8 - I Formation, strong side. Play action pass. In out stretch. Marshal runs a deep come back route to the outside. Walker runs a straight go route. TE is #1 target, Graham runs a short post down the seam. Sapp and Henry pass protect.

Play 9 - Single back, 3 wide stacking the strong side. Delayed hand off. Off tackle to the weak side.

Medford Bronco
10-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Well.... I doubt the old Broncos organization will be playing close attention, but if it were me this is what I would do. I want to itterate that this is more of what I would want to see rather then what I think the Broncos would do on their first offensive drive. I will not make predictions on waht will happen though if any of this does happen...

Play 1 - I formation, strong side. Graham and Henry stay in to pass protect. 5 step drop. Marshall runs a flag pattern, Walker runs a deep in, with Sapp being the main target with a release off the line on a check down in the flats.

Play 2 - I Formation. Off tackle run, weak side.

Play 3 - Singleback formation, 3 wide with TE. 3 step drop, quick release to Marshall on the slant. Second option is Walker on a dig route. Stokley goes deep if all goes awry with a deep go route. Henry and Graham stay in for pass protection.

Play 4 - Singleback formation, 3 wide with TE. Play action bootleg. Walker the #1 target in an out pattern running parrallel to Cutler. Graham is the second target running an outside post over the top of Walker. Stokley runs a slant route across the middle in case Cutler is able to throw across his body. Marshall runs a deep route to stretch the D.

Play 5 - I Formation. Sweep right.

Play 6 - I Formation, weak side. Counter play, strong side.

Play 7 - Singleback formation, strong side. 7 step drop, high low stretch. #1 target is Walker Stop n Go route deep. #2 target is Stokley in a deep in route. #3 target is Marshall in a come back route (modified form of the dig). #4 target is Henry as a last option check down near the LOS. Graham stays in to protect.

Play 8 - I Formation, strong side. Play action pass. In out stretch. Marshal runs a deep come back route to the outside. Walker runs a straight go route. TE is #1 target, Graham runs a short post down the seam. Sapp and Henry pass protect.

Play 9 - Single back, 3 wide stacking the strong side. Delayed hand off. Off tackle to the weak side.

very detailed, did you steal Shannys playbook ;)

TXBRONC
10-12-2007, 08:22 PM
very detailed, did you steal Shannys playbook ;)

Either that or he just has a lot of extra time on his hands. :D

BigBroncLove
10-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Either that or he just has a lot of extra time on his hands. :D

Or..... I can talk about real routes and formations off the top of my head :cool: It could be called real football knowledge :lol:

TXBRONC
10-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Or..... I can talk about real routes and formations off the top of my head :cool: It could be called real football knowledge :lol:

Are you saying I have no real football knowledge? :confused: :laugh:

BigBroncLove
10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Are you saying have no real football knowledge? :confused: :laugh:

I didn't say that, you did ;)

One jab deserves another. I liked your scripted plays. I can only hope that the end result you predicted is true :D

TXBRONC
10-13-2007, 11:31 PM
I didn't say that, you did ;)

One jab deserves another. I liked your scripted plays. I can only hope that the end result you predicted is true :D

Thanks, but I have to admit that yours were better because you were more detailed.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
10-16-2007, 12:04 AM
99 yard kick return TD.

oh wait

i forgot thats not possible with our special teams.

well then heres what i say.

1st and 10 after a 3 yard return at the denver 3.

henry run gain of 1
cutler pass to graham gain of 2
cutler pass inc
punt to steeler 45 with a 20 yard return.