PDA

View Full Version : help former denverite with mcgahee question

markjanes
12-23-2011, 05:12 PM
What can I expect from mcgahee tomorrow? Does he have a big game, does he get 20+ carries or 10-15? How is his hammie? Is he fired up against his former team?

weazel
12-23-2011, 05:15 PM
What can I expect from mcgahee tomorrow? Does he have a big game, does he get 20+ carries or 10-15? How is his hammie? Is he fired up against his former team?

I just looked at my crystal ball and it looks like McGahee wakes up with a cold tomorrow and he gets 4 carries for 10 yards.

take it to the bank... I can see the future like no other.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-23-2011, 05:20 PM

He's probable for tomorrow, and from what I hear locally, the Broncos should be able to run on the Bills. Have not heard anything McGahee has said in regards to the game, which does not mean he has not. If he has, I am sure it would not be something which would fire up the Bills.

Joel
12-23-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm sure he'll start, I just hope he doesn't have to go out often, because our running game drops off significantly when he does, wholly apart from Ball fumbling last week (and nearly fumbling twice.) If he has to leave the game, I hope they go to Jeremiah Johnson, who I like as a pass blocker and receiver as much as a fast change of pace runner.

catfish
12-23-2011, 06:15 PM
I heard the Bills screwed McGahee out of 200K...if he is physically capable of running he should be fired up

cmc0605
12-23-2011, 10:12 PM
If you're asking for fantasy football advice, I'd say McGahee is solid #2 running back tomorrow. If he can touch the ball twenty times, he could easily have a 100 yard game and a TD, perhaps 10 or 20 yards of receiving. The Bills aren't very good against the run, and we're one of the best (although part of that has been due to Tebow, who will also steal some of the goal line carries from McGahee). A lot of his runs come in 10, 15 yard chunks and the style Denver plays on offense with the option keeps defenders guessing and hesitating, allowing him to get into the secondary quite frequently. He doesn't have breakaway speed, but he's been tremendous at fighting for extra yardage.

Lance Ball also had some solid runs against New England last week, and if Denver feels comfortable playing him in a more featured roll against the Bills, then McGahee's time might be more limited. Hamstrings are tricky injuries that you don't want to aggravate. In the cold weather against the Bills, I expect a more run-heavy offense than we seen last week, but the pass:run ratio and the McGahee:Ball ratio will depend on how exactly the game evolves and whether McGahee's injury upsets him any. It's a bit of a risk, but he could put up solid numbers. This shouldn't be a shootout similar to last week though, so expect more runs.

Joel
12-24-2011, 09:30 AM
With Balls critical fumble and near fumble last week, I would be surprised, disappointed and scared if he got many carries in relief of McGahee. It really depends on Willis' hammy and whether the D can keep the game close enough for us to stay with the run against a bad run D; Jeremiah Johnson could be the sleeper fantasy pick if McGahee misses many downs and the Ball shook the coaches' confidence as much as he did mine.

Chef Zambini
12-24-2011, 09:48 AM
I can only HOPE that willy mac can be a part of a potent run game!
I too have high hopes for jerimiah, and WANT TT to run EARLY on desugned QB run plays, not just broken pass plays.

Chef Zambini
12-24-2011, 09:49 AM
just like every game we play it is critical to control the clock and field position.
Our defense has flaws, flaws that werte exposed last week !
keep our opponents O off the field !

Nomad
12-24-2011, 11:01 AM
With the injury bug affecting him....I would say not too reliable. He is missed when not in the game. Perhaps he'll have a good day:whoknows:

weazel
12-24-2011, 11:20 AM
against the Bills he should be able to break off some big runs but with a sore hammy he might have trouble taking advantage of it... that being said, I have him starting in at least 3 teams.