PDA

View Full Version : Who Should We Root for? Raiders vs. Chiefs

Magnificent Seven
12-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Raiders will play against Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.

Who should we root for?

Raiders? ( Raiders' record is 7-7 and they are 0-1 against the Chiefs. If the raiders wins and win over Chargers, Raiders would be 2-0 against the Chargers. They could steal the AFC West Title)

Chiefs? (Chiefs are 1-0 against the Raiders. Chiefs could be 2-0. If the Chiefs win and win over us. They could steal it, too.)

AFC West

1. Broncos 8-6 Div: 3-2

2. Raiders 7-7 Div: 2-2

3. Chargers 7-7 Div: 2-3

4. Chiefs 6-8 Div: 2-2

Broncos, Just WIN all 2 games!

MasterShake
12-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I think if Oakland loses and we win against Buffalo, we are division champs.

FireAce
12-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Chiefs! If the raiders lose and we win the division is ours no matter what

DenBronx
12-23-2011, 03:15 PM
In a perfect world we win and the raiders lose this weekend. All we have to do is handle our business and finish a season. I don't want to see any more meltdowns from this team.

BroncoJoe
12-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Duh - a tie.

Broncos win + Raiders tie = clinched division. Of course a Raider loss also clinches.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

BroncoStud
12-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Root for the Chiefs.

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Yep, gotta root for the Chiefs so we can have a chance to clinch this week.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-23-2011, 03:49 PM
queefs. If we can't beat Orton...

MasterShake
12-23-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm nervous and excited about tomorrows game. How great would it be to celebrate Christmas with a division win? The fact that is even possible still blows my mind after the way the season started.

Dzone
12-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Christmas will suck if we lose in Buffalo... :pound:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-23-2011, 04:41 PM
If I absolutely had to pick a winner, I'd always pick KC over either SD or Oakland. I hate KC, but I detest SD and Oakland. KC has the closest fanbase to our own when it comes to loyalty. SD and Jokeland's fans are some fairweather POS's...

igoe4broncos
12-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Chiefs all day

weazel
12-23-2011, 05:02 PM
I root for the plague

topscribe
12-23-2011, 05:07 PM
I always root for the Raiders to lose, no matter whom they play.

Other than that, if the Broncos win out, then it won't matter what the others do.
So I root for the Broncos to win. The others can do what they do. I don't care.

Joel
12-23-2011, 05:24 PM
The Chiefs.

You need to look at the third tiebreak (common opponents) as well; if you do, you'll find a Denver win eliminates SD just like KC, but Oakland is only eliminated if they LOSE.

So if we AND KC win, we clinch the Division. Conversely, an Oakland win NEVER helps us: Whether they win or lose, we take the Division with a win or an Oakland loss in week 17--but if they WIN we MUST beat KC.

rcsodak
12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
If Buff wins, look forward to '12.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BORDERLINE
12-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm nervous and excited about tomorrows game. How great would it be to celebrate Christmas with a division win? The fact that is even possible still blows my mind after the way the season started.

That's what gets missed through all of this hoop la. We where a team at the bottom of the abyss completely left for dead. We had nothing to lose by playing Tebow and seeing if he was our guy. Did we get a shocker of a winning streak and look at us now.

A great season already in my book but, this can't be where it ends our team should and will take care of business on saturday. If the chiefs win, IT will be a very Merry Xmas for Broncos fans. Just to feel excited again about our team feeling like we have a shot against whoever we play is a great feeling to get back after all the mess McDouche left.

KCL
12-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Okay I have a question...what if KC beats Oak tomorrow,SD beats Detroit and Denver loses to the Bills..how does it play out if this happens? Does it all come down to the last week? and if so could any of the 4 teams take the
division?

Day1BroncoFan
12-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Raiders will play against Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.

Who should we root for?

Raiders? ( Raiders' record is 7-7 and they are 0-1 against the Chiefs. If the raiders wins and win over Chargers, Raiders would be 2-0 against the Chargers. They could steal the AFC West Title)

Chiefs? (Chiefs are 1-0 against the Raiders. Chiefs could be 2-0. If the Chiefs win and win over us. They could steal it, too.)

AFC West

1. Broncos 8-6 Div: 3-2

2. Raiders 7-7 Div: 2-2

3. Chargers 7-7 Div: 2-3

4. Chiefs 6-8 Div: 2-2

Broncos, Just WIN all 2 games!

I'm just hoping the Broncos win out. It won't matter if that happens.

I Eat Staples
12-23-2011, 07:31 PM
If I absolutely had to pick a winner, I'd always pick KC over either SD or Oakland. I hate KC, but I detest SD and Oakland. KC has the closest fanbase to our own when it comes to loyalty. SD and Jokeland's fans are some fairweather POS's...

Same here, KC is the division rival that I hate the least. I will always hate SD more than Oakland as long as Rivers is playing.

topscribe
12-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Okay I have a question...what if KC beats Oak tomorrow,SD beats Detroit and Denver loses to the Bills..how does it play out if this happens? Does it all come down to the last week? and if so could any of the 4 teams take the
division?

Then if KC can beat Denver the following game, KC wins the Division, I think.

KCL
12-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Then if KC can beat Denver the following game, KC wins the Division, I think.

I guess depending on what SD does...too many IF's...:D

BroncoBJ
12-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Well like most people said, If we win and Raiders lose. Were division champs.

So time to cheer for Tebow and Orton on the same day, for the 1st time all year :lol:

Although heres a tricky part. IF we lose out. We will need to have Oakland beat KC, and then have San diego beat Oakland in week 17. But then we'd also need Detroit to beat San Diego this week.

So in short.

We lose out.
San Diego loses week 16, wins week 17.
Oakland wins week 16, loses week 17.

Would mean we win the division. But lets just win out and not worry about anyone else. See if this is the year we finally do it. :elefant:

OrangeHoof
12-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Out of general Raider hatred, this would be a no-brainer even in Week One but, logistically, it's all Chiefs anyway.

Flex040679
12-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Root for the CHIEFS

Denver win... Raiders loss.... = AFC WEST TITLE tomorrow

sneakers
12-23-2011, 11:07 PM
A tie would be nice.

rcsodak
12-23-2011, 11:49 PM
A tie would be nice.
Or slippers.

NameUsedBefore
12-24-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm rooting for the Raiders to lose.

It's a very comfortable position.

BeefStew25
12-24-2011, 12:46 AM
War Horton! Unwar 4pm Mass!

Joel
12-24-2011, 07:19 AM
division?
Pretty much. The tiebreaks that can be simply determined* at this point are, in order:

Denver 8-6 Division 3-2 Common opponents 6-4 Conference 6-4
Raiders 7-7 Division 2-2 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 5-5
SDiego 7-7 Division 2-3 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 6-5
Kansas 6-8 Division 2-2 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 3-7

But that's only with respect to Denver; when comparing other AFCW teams records must be modified to account for the fact (e.g.) Denver is a common opponent for KC and SD, but not (obviously) for Denver. It should also be noted that two head to head tiebreaks (which come first) are still on the table:

KC can win head to head over Oakland, which can in turn win head to head over SD.

*We can't figure strengh of victory/schedule without predicting how the other 30 teams do the last 2 weeks, and of course net points is just guessing now.

Dean
12-24-2011, 07:51 AM
I'll be cheering for the Broncos.

Sorry but the old addage that my enemies' enemy is my friend doesn't work for me here. I am carrying almost fifty years of baggage against each team. I will be cheering for both teams to lose. To cheer for either one but particularly the Faiders would leave me with a dirty feeling.

Since that can't happen, I'm okay with a tie.

FanInAZ
12-24-2011, 08:14 AM
division?

Pretty much. The tiebreaks that can be simply determined* at this point are, in order:

Denver 8-6 Division 3-2 Common opponents 6-4 Conference 6-4
Raiders 7-7 Division 2-2 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 5-5
SDiego 7-7 Division 2-3 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 6-5
Kansas 6-8 Division 2-2 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 3-7

But that's only with respect to Denver; when comparing other AFCW teams records must be modified to account for the fact (e.g.) Denver is a common opponent for KC and SD, but not (obviously) for Denver. It should also be noted that two head to head tiebreaks (which come first) are still on the table:

KC can win head to head over Oakland, which can in turn win head to head over SD.

*We can't figure strengh of victory/schedule without predicting how the other 30 teams do the last 2 weeks, and of course net points is just guessing now.

If Oakland losses to San Diego, then they will have their 3rd division lose & would therefore loose any tie breaker to the winner of the Denver/Kansas City Game.

For Kansas City to take the AFCW; they have to win out, Denver has to lose out & San Diego has to lose 1 of their last 2. In the process of winning out; they would get their 3rd & 4th division wins will giving Denver & Oakland their 3rd division loses by which they would eliminate both Denver & Oakland from getting their 4th division wins. San Diego cannot get more then 3 division win at this point.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-24-2011, 08:20 AM
If Buff wins, look forward to '12.

You're that confident that KC will beat us at home? Seriously? Oh I forgot, you're a KC fan now... :coffee:

Nomad
12-24-2011, 09:05 AM

Yeah..who would of thunk it at week 5! BUT, the BRONCOS are here and today's game and KC aren't juggernauts/elite/playoff caliber teams, so if the BRONCOS can't take care of them then they deserve the couch. Yes, dogfish, it's all or nothing....imo.

I always root for the Raiders to lose, no matter whom they play.

Other than that, if the Broncos win out, then it won't matter what the others do.
So I root for the Broncos to win. The others can do what they do. I don't care.

topscribe has it right...never root for the Raiders!

Joel
12-24-2011, 09:26 AM
If Oakland losses to San Diego, then they will have their 3rd division lose & would therefore loose any tie breaker to the winner of the Denver/Kansas City Game.
Actually, Oakland's eliminated if they lose TODAY, because then either:

1) Denver beats Buffalo, winning the Division outright (more common wins than anyone; only KC could beat our Division record, but can't match our OVERALL wins)

2) Denver beats KC, also winning the Division outright (more Division wins than anyone and an overall record as good or better than anyone) OR

3) KC beats Denver, in which case their record would be at least as good as Oaklands, but they'll have the head to head sweep (which precedes Division record.)

In the final case, however, San Diego would still take the Division if they won out (which requires beating Oakland in their last game and would put the Raiders last in the Division.)

For Kansas City to take the AFCW; they have to win out, Denver has to lose out & San Diego has to lose 1 of their last 2. In the process of winning out; they would get their 3rd & 4th division wins will giving Denver & Oakland their 3rd division loses by which they would eliminate both Denver & Oakland from getting their 4th division wins. San Diego cannot get more then 3 division win at this point.
More or less, though if KC beats Oakland today they'll have the head to head sweep, which is the first tiebreak and would make Division record irrelevant in any tiebreak between them.

Denver is the only team NOT eliminated by ANY loss now; IF:

Oakland loses today the scenario is as above; if they win today but lose next week we'd win the Division even WITH a loss to KC, because we'd be even down to the third tiebreak, where we'd have at least 1 more win.

SD loses we will be at least even down to the third tiebreak, but Denver would be guaranteed 1 more win there.

KC loses today they have 9 losses and are out of it.