PDA

View Full Version : A Random Thought

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Sorry for starting another Tebow thread, but this thought just popped into my head today.

I have heard constantly this season from some in the media, this board, and elsewhere two main themes in our 7-2 record with Tebow:

1. Tebow has been incredibly lucky to get to play teams with injured offensive stars such as Minny, Chicago, KC, Oakland, and Miami.

2. The defense is the main reason for the Broncos turnaround, not Tebow.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in these two statements? Wouldn't all of those teams missing key offensive players help our defense much more than it helps Tebow? When discussing Tebow, everyone is quick to say he's beaten alot of teams with injuries on offense, but when giving our defense all the credit, NO ONE mentions that. Tebow doesn't have to go against the other team's offense. He's still had to face a few tough defenses this season and has beaten a few of them. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Not trying to downplay our D at all in this thread, just pointing out the hypocrisy in those who like to hate on Tebow.

SoCalImport
12-23-2011, 02:22 PM
have not heard the "opponents injuries" thing.
The lame thing is when the topic is "tebow won/lost, beat/didn't beat" anybody. It's a team sport. At Magic Johnson's best no body would say things like this about HIM. they would say them about the team.
Quote stats. say tebow threw for X amount against Y team. but stating that he beat any team is just silly.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Cowherd has been spoting this for days...but his info is inaccurate. I've heard him say 3 times we beat Palko...even though Von put Cassell out late in the game.

BroncoJoe
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
have not heard the "opponents injuries" thing.
The lame thing is when the topic is "tebow won/lost, beat/didn't beat" anybody. It's a team sport. At Magic Johnson's best no body would say things like this about HIM. they would say them about the team.
Quote stats. say tebow threw for X amount against Y team. but stating that he beat any team is just silly.

Eh. Like it or not, the QB always has and always will get the bulk of credit for wins, and the blame for losses.

BroncoWave
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Cowherd has been spoting this for days...but his info is inaccurate. I've heard him say 3 times we beat Palko...even though Von put Cassell out late in the game.

He's also been saying two of our wins were only because of 58 yard game winning FGs against Miami and Chicago that almost no other kicker in the league could hit. First of all, most kickers can hit from that range, and second, they were 51 and 52 yards, not both 58.

Also, when touting Tebow's supporting cast, he's been saying that Royal would start for any team in the league and is great when he has a competent passer throwing to him. Has he watched Royal since his rookie year?

It's comical how many excuses Cowherd makes to give anyone on the team but Tebow any credit.

BroncoJoe
12-23-2011, 03:54 PM
He's also been saying two of our wins were only because of 58 yard game winning FGs against Miami and Chicago that almost no other kicker in the league could hit. First of all, most kickers can hit from that range, and second, they were 51 and 52 yards, not both 58.

Also, when touting Tebow's supporting cast, he's been saying that Royal would start for any team in the league and is great when he has a competent passer throwing to him. Has he watched Royal since his rookie year?

It's comical how many excuses Cowherd makes to give anyone on the team but Tebow any credit.

Right. Ya know, the offense had to drive the ball into position to even make a field goal possible.

catfish
12-23-2011, 06:36 PM

Cowherd has become completely unbearable, at least with some of the others you get some actual legitimate arguments, I don't disagree with some of the more rational doubters claims but he is ridiculous....I don't see how he can possibly be getting ratings, I have taken to changing the channel when I hear his voice

Northman
12-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Im more interested in the rumors that Teebs is dating Lindsey Vonn. :)

MOtorboat
12-23-2011, 06:43 PM

I have varying theories on this.

catfish
12-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I have varying theories on this.

MO is hoping Tebow plays for the same team he does :D

catfish
12-23-2011, 07:13 PM

If she shows up in the news with a severely bruised belly button they are dating...Tebow has accuracy issues

I Eat Staples
12-24-2011, 03:21 AM

I don't think most kickers could hit from 58 yards. Maybe half could.

But it is pretty stupid to take away from our wins because Prater made long FGs. The kicker is part of the team, he did his job and helped us win games.

PAINTERDAVE
12-24-2011, 05:24 AM
I don't think most kickers could hit from 58 yards. Maybe half could.

But it is pretty stupid to take away from our wins because Prater made long FGs. The kicker is part of the team, he did his job and helped us win games.

Just like Janikowski beat us with a record field goal.
It aint our fault if the rest of the league has crappy kickers.

PAINTERDAVE
12-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Cowherd has become completely unbearable, at least with some of the others you get some actual legitimate arguments, I don't disagree with some of the more rational doubters claims but he is ridiculous....I don't see how he can possibly be getting ratings, I have taken to changing the channel when I hear his voice

And in Denver... starting in January..
we lose Vic ang Gary show..
and Cecil Lammy..
so they can give us Cowherd and ESPN crap.

There goes our best local coverage guys... for the national idiots.

Leaving us stuck with Les "The Oaf" Shapiro... and a few others.

Thanks a lot.. "Lou from Littleton". You are making a bonehead move with your radio staton.
The reason you had good ratings was it was local.. and we did not want to listen to Rome talking about
college basketball in Connecticut. Now... we have no choice.

"Looser from Littleton"... that should be your new handle.

BroncoNut
12-24-2011, 09:22 AM
interesting. there are valid sides to most any argument and the I think the Tebow one is among them. I guess the protebow camp could retort with TT takes advantage of opportunities. I don't dismiss some of the naysay though. But at the same time, whatever.

catfish
12-24-2011, 09:30 AM
interesting. there are valid sides to most any argument and the I think the Tebow one is among them. I guess the protebow camp could retort with TT takes advantage of opportunities. I don't dismiss some of the naysay though. But at the same time, whatever.

I think the more rational pro-Tebow camp feels that you can pretty much rip apart all but maybe 3 QB's in the league right now regardless of experience. The fact that a guy with 12 games under his belt is facing so much scrutiny is a bit over the top, same as the fact that a guy with less than a full year starting is getting ridiculous praise. I think the most realistic POV is he is a young QB, he does some things well. He make s some mistakes lets see if he keeps improving. The only thing that bothers me is when I hear people say he can't throw, I have seen him throw deep , short, middle etc, but any time one goes in the dirt it is HE SUCKS.

Chef Zambini
12-24-2011, 09:55 AM
why would any rational sports fan give a rats ass what cowherd has to say?

Npba900
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Sorry for starting another Tebow thread, but this thought just popped into my head today.

I have heard constantly this season from some in the media, this board, and elsewhere two main themes in our 7-2 record with Tebow:

1. Tebow has been incredibly lucky to get to play teams with injured offensive stars such as Minny, Chicago, KC, Oakland, and Miami.

2. The defense is the main reason for the Broncos turnaround, not Tebow.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in these two statements? Wouldn't all of those teams missing key offensive players help our defense much more than it helps Tebow? When discussing Tebow, everyone is quick to say he's beaten alot of teams with injuries on offense, but when giving our defense all the credit, NO ONE mentions that. Tebow doesn't have to go against the other team's offense. He's still had to face a few tough defenses this season and has beaten a few of them. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Not trying to downplay our D at all in this thread, just pointing out the hypocrisy in those who like to hate on Tebow.

Here's the skinny.

Tebow will have the entire offseason to fix all of his issues! Whats good for Tim is that Elway and Fox gave him invaluable real time NFL experience as the starting QB for 11 games.

From January thru June of 2012 Tebow will have 6 months to dramatically improve his passing percentage from the current 48.8 pct to at least a respectable 58 pct to 60 pct in 2012! Tebow will have the opportunity to enter into training camp in 2012 as a much more polished fundamentally and accurately QB vs where he was in 2011.

SM19
12-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Eh. Like it or not, the QB always has and always will get the bulk of credit for wins, and the blame for losses.

But why do we continue to accept this, when it's so obviously lazy and wrong?