PDA

View Full Version : Paige's mailbag 12/22

rationalfan
12-22-2011, 11:58 AM
The last question in Woody Paige's mailbag has some pretty revealing tidbits about the broncos' locker rooms of present and past. some of it reaffirms what many on here have theorized; some of it is surprising; some of it has never been discussed. here's a sample, then the link.

Todd - I heard a talk-show host who loathes Tebow, and has backed himself into an indefensible corner, say that a lot of players — particularly the wide receivers and tight ends and offensive linemen — don't want to play with Tebow. It's total ... I can't say the word I want to ... let me think ... malarkey (that's not strong enough). The players like Tebow; they are inspired by him; they want to play with him; they've witnessed what he can accomplish.

http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19595911

Northman
12-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Some really great quotes in there.

As I've written, they got rid of the only anti-Tebow player — Brandon Lloyd (http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19595911#)​ — and how's that working out for Lloyd? Trust me. If he had stayed, he would have caught big passes and gotten just as big a contract as a free agent. People know he can catch whether he was in St. Louis or Denver. It just amazes me how, when you've been proved wrong, you just continue to wallow in mud.

This is not Kyle Orton laughing at Tebow when he ran wind sprints full out. One of the major reasons Orton was cut was he had turned off the Broncos. He showed up late, wore a stocking cap in practices, was one of the first to leave and didn't really care after he was removed. Josh McDaniels had told me more than a year ago that Orton wasn't, despite what people thought, a leader on or off the field. Sure, he was elected captain from the offense. Who you going to elect? Offensive tackles are not elected captains. People made a big deal out of it.

BroncoJoe
12-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Gee - I wonder who Woody is talking about...

(que les Shapiro)

TXBRONC
12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Some really great quotes in there.

I was just getting ready to post that from Woody's mailbag.

hotcarl
12-22-2011, 11:01 PM
I met les at opening day of the Rockies season he is a total fag *******, mean to waitresses, rude, bitchy, prissy, wears a diamond stud earring, has a keyboard stand for his iPad... Total dick just like you would expect

wayninja
12-22-2011, 11:44 PM
I met les at opening day of the Rockies season he is a total fag *******, mean to waitresses, rude, bitchy, prissy, wears a diamond stud earring, has a keyboard stand for his iPad... Total dick just like you would expect

A keyboard stand for his Ipad? What an asshat!

tomjonesrocks
12-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Think in the analysis of the 2011 draft where they describe Orlando Franklin as "outstanding" at RT is quite a reach...we basically got Miller and that's it out of the draft IMO...