PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Broncos v Bills Wk 16 Preview Video

EmDiggy
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Broncos vs Bills Video Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY4BX2e4rAI)

Good morning Broncos fans! Good luck this Week!

Em

CrazyHorse
12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Run it down their the throats.

TXBRONC
12-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Emory is da man.

I don't think anyone disagree with Em analysis. I think still the Broncos need to make better use of the tight end in the passing game. We don't have elite tight ends like the Patriots but they are serviceable as receivers. I also that D. Thomas could also play a big part in this game.

TXBRONC
12-22-2011, 08:23 AM
:bump2:

Joel
12-22-2011, 08:58 AM
I worry about putting the game on Fitzpatrick because our secondary is SO bad and Buffalo leads the League in preventing sacks. Otherwise, however, I agree with that analysis: Run all day long to keep Fitzpatrick AND Spiller off the field, because the secondary is vulnerable to the former and the OLBs are vulnerable to the latter.

underrated29
12-22-2011, 11:32 AM
The bills have Eric Pears as their RT---i think hes their RT...

Anyone remember him? Yes, he is a revolving door. I dont care how many sacks they have given up. Von is going to show pears whats up.

My concern is spiller. We suck against fast RBs. Spiller can destroy us if we do not shut him down. We shut him down we win. If we dont we lose. Remember it was fred jackson back in 08 who blew us out. Lets make Fitz throw and throw some more and release our Wolves on his ass.

Joel
12-23-2011, 12:43 AM
The bills have Eric Pears as their RT---i think hes their RT...

Anyone remember him? Yes, he is a revolving door. I dont care how many sacks they have given up. Von is going to show pears whats up.

My concern is spiller. We suck against fast RBs. Spiller can destroy us if we do not shut him down. We shut him down we win. If we dont we lose. Remember it was fred jackson back in 08 who blew us out. Lets make Fitz throw and throw some more and release our Wolves on his ass.
I remember him vividly; I was just referencing him in regard to OUR revolving door at RT: From George Foster to Erik Pears to Ryan Harris to Orlando Franklin, and before his rookie season is over people already want to move him to LG and draft YET ANOTHER ROOKIE RT. I'd settle for having Pears OR Harris back there.

Em's right; we're vulnerable to the outside run and have been all year, in part because we like to blitz our Sam (whose primary responsibility is usually run stopping) and also in part because, even after gaining 15 lbs., our starting Sam is still a bit too light for that job. There's nothing wrong with playing Miller as a 3-4 OLB as long as you put two 3-4 DEs and a NT in front of him and two ILBs plus another 3-4 OLB beside him. And give him seconds of everything at dinner. When you eagerly anticipate Miller taking Pears to school (like he utterly failed to do last week against backup rookie RT Nate Solder,) that's the trade you're making.

Meanwhile, even if we DO shut down their run, the fact remains they have League low sack totals and 3/4ths of our secondary are rookies (two of which are pretty awful.) If we don't keep their offense off the field we could easily shut down their run only to have Fitzpatrick light us up for 30 points. I'd like to be as wrong about the Bills offensive line shutting down Miller and Doom as I WASN'T when everyone predicted they'd have a field day against NE--I'm just not holding my breath.

Fortunately, Buffalos D is well suited to our offense: We should be able to pound the rock on them all day, but McGahee has to stay in the game so Ball doesn't go to the ground after 2 yards and/or fumble; if he doesn't find traction quickly against their poor run D I hope we go to Jeremiah Johnson, who's a nice change of pace for McGahee and can pass block and catch so we aren't signalling our playcalling based on who's in the backfield. And we have to finish our drives; Houston just got beat by the COLTS despite Foster having 150+ yards and Yates having a VERY accurate day, because they only got into the end zone ONCE. Granted, the refs helped immensely by practically handing Indy their only TD drive at the end, but Houston opened that door by letting them stay within a TD all game.

BroncoStud
12-23-2011, 01:30 AM
I just don't see us beating the Bills handily, if we win it's going to be a very close and exciting game down the stretch. If Fitzpatrick gets hot it could get ugly for our defense.