PDA

View Full Version : "Tim Tebow's Not Going Anywhere," Elway Said.

Joel
12-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Elway gave his strongest indication yet that he believes Tebow can morph from a scrambling quarterback into a pocket passer during an interview with The Associated Press, while also saying the polarizing and immensely popular former first-round pick is in Denver to stay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8253ddeb/article/broncos-elway-backs-tebow-says-his-criticism-of-qb-too-blunt?module=HP11_cp

Can we stop talking about this now? Please?

Ziggy
12-20-2011, 05:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8253ddeb/article/broncos-elway-backs-tebow-says-his-criticism-of-qb-too-blunt?module=HP11_cp

Can we stop talking about this now? Please?

The naivety of some folks still amazes me. This discussion won't be over until Tebow is traded or retired.

wayninja
12-20-2011, 05:49 PM
He meant that Tim is not progressing as a QB.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-20-2011, 05:49 PM
The naivety of some folks still amazes me. This discussion won't be over until Tebow is traded or retired.

... and will be brought up every time the camera pans to Elway and he's not jumping around and chanting Tebow or anytime Tim has a bad game. I've learned to ignore it.

Ravage!!!
12-20-2011, 05:52 PM
I think its pretty well understood that I'm not sold on Tebow being the QB of our future...... however..... I know that there is no way that Tebow is going anywhere next season. Why would he? Why would we? The political backlash alone says Tebow isn't going anywhere.

I didn't even realize that there are people that still think there is a chance Tebow is traded next season.

camdisco24
12-20-2011, 05:53 PM
... and will be brought up every time the camera pans to Elway and he's not jumping around and chanting Tebow or anytime Tim has a bad game. I've learned to ignore it.

I actually heard that Elway is going to go shirtless and write Tebow on his chest this weekend in Buffalo. He's even going to sit outside in the freezing weather to show his support is hardcore.

That ought to shut up the conspiracy theorists!

Ravage!!!
12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
I actually heard that Elway is going to go shirtless and write Tebow on his chest this weekend in Buffalo. He's even going to sit outside in the freezing weather to show his support is hardcore.

That ought to shut up the conspiracy theorists!

No. They will just say that he didn't mean it.

lgenf
12-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I love seeing Elway cave into the pressure

BroncoStud
12-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Elway is just pumping up his trade value for the Dolphins or Jaguars. Good move John, good move.

Ravage!!!
12-20-2011, 06:02 PM

Really? So what you are saying is that you like seeing "pressure" keep Tebow's job instead of him flat out earning the respect and play time?

chazoe60
12-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Just upping the trade value.

Jsteve01
12-20-2011, 06:20 PM

stop it. just stop it

lgenf
12-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Really? So what you are saying is that you like seeing "pressure" keep Tebow's job instead of him flat out earning the respect and play time?

Tim has already done enough this year in his improvement at the QB position and his resurrection of this dead dog team to secure the starting QB slot for next year

The fact that Elway finally came out and said something about next year after being purposely non-committal each and every week previous when he has been asked about him, just shows that Tim's progress has moved the meter enough to finally bolster some confidence from the FO

BroncoStud
12-20-2011, 06:30 PM
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9368/tebowners.jpg

Northman
12-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Tim has already done enough this year in his improvement at the QB position and his resurrection of this dead dog team to secure the starting QB slot for next year

The fact that Elway finally came out and said something about next year after being purposely non-committal each and every week previous when he has been asked about him, just shows that Tim's progress has moved the meter enough to finally bolster some confidence from the FO

Thats not caving to pressure, its called evaluating which is what he stated he was going to do from the beginning.

Joel
12-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Someone last year (think it was sneakers) posted a link to a site where you can download each quarter of Super Bowl XXXII. Please go do so, but either way, **** talking about Elway caving under pressure; it's absurd.

Dzone
12-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Elway's opening at the lodge At Vail. That's perfect. Now Tebow can take Lindsey Vonn on a double date with Elway and his wife at Elway's new Vail restaurant

Denver Native (Carol)
12-20-2011, 07:19 PM

And - why should it be so unusual that the FO NEEDED to see if TT would progress, before moving forward?

I'm sorry, but what you have stated would have been done by any FO in the same position. And, I am also sorry, but IMO, it is the Broncos' FO's right to say or not say, whatever they want. They do not need to spill out every word that is said behind closed doors to the public. You are either a Bronco fan, or not.

honz
12-20-2011, 07:24 PM

What pressure? You mean him watching Tebow improve as a passer just like the rest of us have over the past several weeks?

MOtorboat
12-20-2011, 07:35 PM

Four losing seasons in the last 30 doesn't mean this team was a "dead dog team."

http://www.pro-football-reference.com

Start there. Read the entire site, especially the Broncos section.

It will be the beginning of you getting a clue.

#****ingidiotgatorfans

catfish
12-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Four losing seasons in the last 30 doesn't mean this team was a "dead dog team."

http://www.pro-football-reference.com

Start there. Read the entire site, especially the Broncos section.

It will be the beginning of you getting a clue.

#****ingidiotgatorfans

god I hate Gator fans:D

Joel
12-20-2011, 08:11 PM
It's Christmas, and I've been good all year: I DESERVE THIS! Geez, people, what's so hard to grasp about "Go Broncos, Go America"?

Npba900
12-20-2011, 08:14 PM
IMHO Elway is really patient with Tim and wants very much for Tebow to succeed as the Broncos franchise QB. Having said that, next season with Tebow going into the 2012 year as the starter, Tebow's pct must at least improve 8-10 percentage points with throwing the ball 20-25 times a game in 2012.

Elway would be sold on Tim if he's passing at 56-58 percent for the entire 2012 season. No way will Elway show confidence with Tim if he goes below the current 48.8 pct throwing the ball. In 2012, its highly unlikely the Broncos will be playing "Tebow-Option Ball" nearly as often as they have in 2011.

Fox and Elway has more than likely gone to the Tebow-Option for two reasons. 1.) The Tebow Option Ball allows Tebow to get the badly needed reps in real game time conditions to allow Tebow to adjust to the speed of the NFL. 2.) Fox wants Tim to get use to and grow comfortable with the speed of the NFL while increasing passing plays and opportunities for Tebow to have success.

The fans should not get comfortable with Elway-Fox sticking to the Tebow Option for the next 2-5 years. Rather the opposite is really happening. Tebow will have the last two games (perhaps one or two) playoff games to simple work on his passing accuracy/percentage.

Point is, between January 2012 to the end of June 2012, Tebow will have every opportunity to work on every aspect at the QB position needed to raise his passing pct, passing accuracy, footwork, comfort from behind center and comfort in the pocket.

By the time training camp starts in July 2012 and the preseason games in August 2012, Tebow should come into camp showing marked improvement. So yes, Tebow will have to become a great practice player in July and August 2012.

There won't be any excuses. Tebow in 2012 will be entering his 3rd year in the NFL with an entire off-season to work on all his flaws. Having started 10 games in 2011 with the opportunity to start another 16 games in 2012.

Tebow will have gained valuable experience between 2011-2012 and by 2013, Tebow should be quite comfortable in the pocket and playing behind center and showing an improved 62 plus percent in his passing completion /accuracy.

catfish
12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
It's Christmas, and I've been good all year: I DESERVE THIS! Geez, people, what's so hard to grasp about "Go Broncos, Go America"?

Merry Christmas buddy, here is my gift

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b478/xanmank/tebow.jpg

catfish
12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
IMHO Elway is really patient with Tim and wants very much for Tebow to succeed as the Broncos franchise QB. Having said that, next season with Tebow going into the 2012 year as the starter, Tebow's pct must at least improve 8-10 percentage points with throwing the ball 20-25 times a game in 2012.

Elway would be sold on Tim if he's passing at 56-58 percent for the entire 2012 season. No way will Elway show confidence with Tim if he goes below the current 48.8 pct throwing the ball. In 2012, its highly unlikely the Broncos will be playing "Tebow-Option Ball" nearly as often as they have in 2011.

Fox and Elway has more than likely gone to the Tebow-Option for two reasons. 1.) The Tebow Option Ball allows Tebow to get the badly needed reps in real game time conditions to allow Tebow to adjust to the speed of the NFL. 2.) Fox wants Tim to get use to and grow comfortable with the speed of the NFL while increasing passing plays and opportunities for Tebow to have success.

The fans should not get comfortable with Elway-Fox sticking to the Tebow Option for the next 2-5 years. Rather the opposite is really happening. Tebow will have the last two games (perhaps one or two) playoff games to simple work on his passing accuracy/percentage.

Point is, between January 2012 to the end of June 2012, Tebow will have every opportunity to work on every aspect at the QB position needed to raise his passing pct, passing accuracy, footwork, comfort from behind center and comfort in the pocket.

By the time training camp starts in July 2012 and the preseason games in August 2012, Tebow should come into camp showing marked improvement. So yes, Tebow will have to become a great practice player in July and August 2012.

There won't be any excuses. Tebow in 2012 will be entering his 3rd year in the NFL with an entire off-season to work on all his flaws. Having started 10 games in 2011 with the opportunity to start another 16 games in 2012.

Tebow will have gained valuable experience between 2011-2012 and by 2013, Tebow should be quite comfortable in the pocket and playing behind center and showing an improved 62 plus percent in his passing completion /accuracy.

I actually don't think he is going to care too much about completion %

turnovers/3rd down conversions/TDs/YPA in that order IMO(wins goes without saying)

Dreadnought
12-20-2011, 08:31 PM

Seriously, now. You had made such good progress, too. I am sorry to see you backslide like this, but we'll get through this together. As Mo pointed out (perhaps not quite gently, but still), this was a great and storied franchise for decades before Tim arrived here. I have hopes he will add further to our legacy. I suspect John Elway is beginning to suspect the same. You know why? Because Tim is playing well and winning ballgames. Not brilliantly yet, but very well. Even better, he is showing signs that the areas where he still kinda sucks (he has a few) are areas he is improving in and can fix. Can't ask for more.

But no. Mr. Elway was not "forced" to do anything and certainly didn't "cave in to pressure." That is just silly. Even if Jagsbch and Skip Bayless say so.

lgenf
12-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Seriously, now. You had made such good progress, too. I am sorry to see you backslide like this, but we'll get through this together. As Mo pointed out (perhaps not quite gently, but still), this was a great and storied franchise for decades before Tim arrived here. I have hopes he will add further to our legacy. I suspect John Elway is beginning to suspect the same. You know why? Because Tim is playing well and winning ballgames. Not brilliantly yet, but very well. Even better, he is showing signs that the areas where he still kinda sucks (he has a few) are areas he is improving in and can fix. Can't ask for more.

But no. Mr. Elway was not "forced" to do anything and certainly didn't "cave in to pressure." That is just silly. Even if Jagsbch and Skip Bayless say so.

Folks I was just poking fun tonight and stirring the pot after a loss

lgenf
12-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Trust me I am glad to hear elway say what he said today, I am and have been excited to watch T2 grow as a QB and calm down in the pocket as the game has slowed down for him some.

I am especially excited to see if we can make a playoff run here this year and for T2 to work with elway and coaches for the entire offseason

jhildebrand
12-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Elway said Tim will be here next year. He isn't promising he will be the starter nor the QB :D

catfish
12-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Elway said Tim will be here next year. He isn't promising he will be the starter nor the QB :D

it is my theory that he will be dressing as team mascot....technically part of the team

catfish
12-20-2011, 09:20 PM
god I hate Gator fans:D

damn gator fans

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab45/moosejr_photo/gator-girls-26.jpg

catfish
12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
stupid Gator fans

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n285/phreaknes/Gator%20Girls/4a79c28f4ebd9-gator.jpg

rationalfan
12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Things I'm tired of: tebow fans creating controversy to fulfill misguided crusade instincts.

catfish
12-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Things I'm tired of: tebow fans creating controversy to fulfill misguided crusade instincts.

also Carnys

battherastard
12-20-2011, 09:43 PM

You are an idiot. He's never wanted to trade Tim. If anything, the media was pressuring the other way with bullsh-t claims that he had no confidence in him down the road. John Albert Elway never caves into pressure.

DenBronx
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM

You are closly gaining on Jagsbch level of most hated Gator fan on a Broncos forum.

Ziggy
12-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Someone last year (think it was sneakers) posted a link to a site where you can download each quarter of Super Bowl XXXII. Please go do so, but either way, **** talking about Elway caving under pressure; it's absurd.

Yeah looking back at my post, it was meant in fun but it came across as an attack. My apologies Joel. No offense intended.

Joel
12-20-2011, 11:35 PM
I actually don't think he is going to care too much about completion %

turnovers/3rd down conversions/TDs/YPA in that order IMO(wins goes without saying)
I wouldn't be surprised if 3rd downs trump everything but wins, and maybe it should. Say you DO have a QB who completes 67% of his passes, for an average of 4 yds each. He must do that 3 times straight for a first down, or (2/3)^3=8/27 times. That's ALMOST a 30% third down conversion rate; just not good enough. Push the yards per pass as high as 9 (remember, YPA will only be 6) and he must still complete 2 before 4th down, so (2*2*1+2*1*2+1*2*2)/27=12/27=44%. Incidentally, going 6/9 for 54 yards yields an 82.6 PR, despite going three and out more often than not.

I think the NFL will start looking less rather than more like the AFL in coming years, but the resemblance is already close enough teams score too often to beat them going three and out 70% of the time, or even 56%. That after all, is the biggest knock on our offense NOW; if we were keeping drives alive, resting our D and keeping opponents from scoring points no one would care about our QBs completion percentage. Speaking of our QB, HIS PR is currently 83.6, a full point higher than Joe Accurate, the Punting Machine.

Joel
12-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah looking back at my post, it was meant in fun but it came across as an attack. My apologies Joel. No offense intended.
No worries, man. :)

stupid Gator fans

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n285/phreaknes/Gator%20Girls/4a79c28f4ebd9-gator.jpg
damn gator fans

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab45/moosejr_photo/gator-girls-26.jpg
I'm definitely fans of THEIRS; why can't you bring a few more Gators like those around instead of the ones who think everyone from Bowlen down to the water boy is just Tebows supporting cast. Although... I'm torn; the first one (almost) has the right ball, but the second one is blonde; what to do, what to do? The first one has a higher cuteness quotient, so I guess I'll let that break the tie. :tongue:

John Bad Elk
12-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I love John Elway.

GEM
12-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Want to see a dead duck team...take a look at the Jaguars or Browns. Sorry lgenf....don't even begin to bring that shit here. Poking fun or just letting your real feelings out....your boy hasn't saved this franchise. He is helping it, but didn't need to be saved.

Then you wonder why people talk shit about Gators here. I mean, really. :tsk:

lgenf
12-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Folks everyone relax....I was just passing along a little skip bayless for those that don't get to watch first take

Everyone just chill the F out!

This fan base seems a little uptight lately now that the playoffs are getting close

Jeez, why is it everyone that was here before Tebow can stirr the pot once in a while, but us newer fans of the team get crucified?

catfish
12-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Folks everyone relax....I was just passing along a little skip bayless for those that don't get to watch first take

This fan base seems a little uptight lately now that the playoffs are getting close

Jeez, why is it everyone that was here before Tebow can stirr the pot once in a while, but us newer fans of the team get crucified?

you need an avatar with a hot blonde...they seem to take it better

CoachChaz
12-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Has nothing to do with any of that. Old or new...it's simply just YOU that we dont like.

lgenf
12-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Has nothing to do with any of that. Old or new...it's simply just YOU that we dont like.

Ha ha!

Too bad coach, I'm here to stay

wayninja
12-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Ha ha!

Too bad coach, I'm here to stay

You mean, for as long as 15 stays...

catfish
12-21-2011, 05:01 PM
You mean, for as long as 15 stays...

that's basically what he said ;)

wayninja
12-21-2011, 05:03 PM
that's basically what he said ;)

Well, no. I'm not trying to imply that Tebow is going to be traded soon, but also doesn't mean his whole career will necessarily be in Denver either. I'm just saying that as 15 goes, so does lgenf.

catfish
12-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Well, no. I'm not trying to imply that Tebow is going to be traded soon, but also doesn't mean his whole career will necessarily be in Denver either. I'm just saying that as 15 goes, so does lgenf.

I was more interested in busting your balls that anything that was actually said. I just assume Tebow will be in Denver for a while because it means you have to deal with lgenf...which amuses me for some reason

wayninja
12-21-2011, 05:13 PM
I was more interested in busting your balls that anything that was actually said. I just assume Tebow will be in Denver for a while because it means you have to deal with lgenf...which amuses me for some reason

I figured, typical ball busting catfish. I'll get you my friend.

GEM
12-21-2011, 05:15 PM

Because we aren't telling each other that our team sucked before a certain player got here.

And even Bayless doesn't talk shit about the Broncos to bring Timmy up.

Plus when you say shit like that, I really question whether you are a new fan of the team or just the same as always....gator Timmy fan. If this were your TEAM....you would take some time, get to know the history and get to know that this franchise has been even better than they are now with your boy wonder. Our boy wonder got us to the dance, won the dance and retired to the HOF.

So instead of me chilling the F out...how about you do the same with your attacks on my team before your boy wonder got here.

Oh and btw....you want us to chill the f out...remember who made the comments that brought this shit on. ;)

catfish
12-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Because we aren't telling each other that our team sucked before a certain player got here.

And even Bayless doesn't talk shit about the Broncos to bring Timmy up.

Plus when you say shit like that, I really question whether you are a new fan of the team or just the same as always....gator Timmy fan. If this were your TEAM....you would take some time, get to know the history and get to know that this franchise has been even better than they are now with your boy wonder. Our boy wonder got us to the dance, won the dance and retired to the HOF.

So instead of me chilling the F out...how about you do the same with your attacks on my team before your boy wonder got here.

Oh and btw....you want us to chill the f out...remember who made the comments that brought this shit on. ;)

to appease GEM and not appear sexist

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee384/gdoxtater/Hunks/Actors/M%20through%20N/Matthew%20McConaughey/matthew_mcconaughey3.jpg

Poet
12-21-2011, 05:31 PM

Riiiiight... Clearly Elway is a tard for waiting to watch a player before....

Wait....what in the fukk?

Poet
12-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Also, Lgendoucher caved under pressure to pull the "just kidding" card. Mods, it's ban time.

GEM
12-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Also, Lgendoucher caved under pressure to pull the "just kidding" card. Mods, it's ban time.

That was my thought as well.....had he not defended his stance after being called on it, the "jk card" might have been more believable. :lol:

Rex
12-21-2011, 05:51 PM

lugnut. Dont mention his mom.

Poet
12-21-2011, 05:53 PM
lugnut. Dont mention his mom.

Why would I mention a woman who clearly didn't care that her child grew up to be a worthless idiot?

Rex
12-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Why would I mention a woman who clearly didn't care that her child grew up to be a worthless idiot?

She had him in a bus station. Cut him some slack.

catfish
12-21-2011, 05:57 PM
let's leave the yo mama comments in the 80's where they belong

Poet
12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
She had him in a bus station. Cut him some slack.

Listen, I'm a fatty and I didn't eat the damn paint chips OR glue. So in my eyes, his love for exhaust fumes and thirst for gasoline is on him.

I'm sure he can relate with Tim Tebow in regards to almost being aborted. I'll give Lugnut one thing, he musta been have been great and dodging clothing hangers.

Rex
12-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Listen, I'm a fatty and I didn't eat the damn paint chips OR glue. So in my eyes, his love for exhaust fumes and thirst for gasoline is on him.

I'm sure he can relate with Tim Tebow in regards to almost being aborted. I'll give Lugnut one thing, he musta been have been great and dodging clothing hangers.

Whoa. I never thought about that. No wonder he loves him so much.

Poet
12-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Whoa. I never thought about that. No wonder he loves him so much.

It's probably more the big muscles and the thought that he could take Tebow's virginity.

Don't let him rape your quarterback.

wayninja
12-21-2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24887&stc=1&d=1283208161

catfish
12-21-2011, 06:26 PM
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24887&stc=1&d=1283208161

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz106/Rafterman1/awesome_thread.jpg

jimmer
12-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Never believe a car salesman.

Day1BroncoFan
12-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Elway is dead wrong, Tebow is sure as hell going places.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Never believe a car salesman.

Get off of it - OK :mad:

Poet
12-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I wish John Elway could bitch slap every shitty Tebow fan boy.

catfish
12-21-2011, 07:13 PM
I wish John Elway could bitch slap every shitty Tebow fan boy.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/AtTheBuzzer/NumOneGatorFan.jpg

swaiy
12-21-2011, 08:12 PM

That guy appears to be a total cigarette.

Joel
12-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Caaaan you feel the love tonight? Sometimes it feels like many Broncos fans like Raiders fans more than each other. :lol:

Liked your first two links better. ;)

chazoe60
12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Caaaan you feel the love tonight? Sometimes it feels like many Broncos fans like Raiders fans more than each other. :lol:

Liked your first two links better. ;)

Shut up Joel! I friggin hate you!!!! ;)

Joel
12-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Shut up Joel! I friggin hate you!!!! ;)
I hate you mostest+∞+1. And your little dog, too. So there, and Merry Christmas. :)

Elevation inc
12-24-2011, 08:43 AM
man people get so but hurt on both sides of this whole tebow thing. I not sold completely on tebow as our future franchise Qb, but he certainly earned the right to start next year at the least, and darn it if he isnt a freaking rolemodel and good citizen to boot. He helped to ressurect a crappy defense with no desire and helped a stagnant offense find its way to identity of more power than finesse all while improving as a passer from game to game which is really what you want from your qb and leader. Hell of course he has stuff to work on. Heck the only 3 qbs in the league not really needing continual work are brees, rodgers and brady right now.

Rivers, Big ben, sanchez turn the ball over to much lately, flacco and ryan are wildly inconsistent this year with far better offensive weapons, newton has major potential but lacks leadership skills. Tons of qbs that are supposeldy so much better than tebow have tons of things they can fix and they been in the league alot longer than tebow to....orton heck him to as a vet He also was turning the ball over alarmingly quick before his benching, and has been mentioned was a horrible leader. People need to realize tebow is 8-4 as a starter. Thats 12 games played not even a season games worth as a rookie, how many teams would love for there young qb to be such a leader he helps lead his team to a 8-4 record his first 12 starts. Shit thats amazing when you look at it in that context. teams would die to get that record from a young qb with a lockout there first 12 starts....

thats also including the fact that no matter a excuse or not the lockout hurt him, as well as being relegated to scout team because he didn tlook pretty from under center in a new offense.....I get the criticism about his mechanics and its clear he needs work there, heck our whole offense outside of mcghaee needs lots of work, our left side of our Oline has been miserable all around, our Wr's need more work with tebow, and we need better backs, but tebow improves as a passer each week, he def is a big time leader and inspiration on the team, he is a excellent role model and citizen, and he has played only 12 games. while raw his intagibles lifted a team from dead and made everyone from the special teams to the defense want to play harder and faster because he made them belive. he may be a raw passer but damned if he doesnt have the biggest set of guts and leadership from a qb in denver since elway.

Npba900
12-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Here's a positive note.

Tebow will have the entire offseason to fix all of his issues! Whats good for Tim is that Elway and Fox gave him invaluable real time NFL experience as the starting QB for 11 games.

From January thru June of 2012 Tebow will have 6 months to dramatically improve his passing percentage from the current 48.8 pct to at least a respectable 58 pct to 60 pct in 2012! Tebow will have the opportunity to enter into training camp in 2012 as a much more polished fundamentally and accurately QB vs where he was in 2011.

camdisco24
12-24-2011, 04:35 PM
I get pissed during the games, but after they are over I realize how lucky we are to even be in this position.

Guys... we were supposed to suck this year. Tebow was supposed to crash and burn and prove to everyone he sucks. Well guess what, neither happened and we have enjoyed a really entertaining year.

I'm still praying for playoffs just to maximize the magic of this season, but at the end of the day I'm really excited for the future of this franchise. We have a lot to look forward to when Tebow and Co. have a whole off season to put something real together.

This season we have guided a patchwork ship through some rough waters and we're lucky it has sort of worked out.

wayninja
12-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm starting to think that we do suck and have had a crazy bit of luck and other teams beating themselves to put us in this position.

If we don't get lucky and the other team is competent, we lose.

lgenf
12-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Not many IF ANY folks on this forum had us going 9-7 or 8-8 whichever happens next week

And we need help and depth on this team

We need to make our front four something that gets pressure without needing a blitz

We need some secondary help badly

We need some TEs that can catch, need some WRs that catch also

Need Tebow to work on things, and a RB that can get through a full season

If we can address all that in the offseason we can be dangerous next year

claymore
12-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I get pissed during the games, but after they are over I realize how lucky we are to even be in this position.

Guys... we were supposed to suck this year. Tebow was supposed to crash and burn and prove to everyone he sucks. Well guess what, neither happened and we have enjoyed a really entertaining year.

I'm still praying for playoffs just to maximize the magic of this season, but at the end of the day I'm really excited for the future of this franchise. We have a lot to look forward to when Tebow and Co. have a whole off season to put something real together.

This season we have guided a patchwork ship through some rough waters and we're lucky it has sort of worked out.
Worst possible scenario is playing out. Tebow lucking us thru some games and giving a desperate fanbase false hope.

Now we are out of position to draft a good QB. I had a dream last night that we were able to sell high and dump Tebow off on Jacksonville for their 1st and a 2nd. I hope we can pull it off.

Northman
12-24-2011, 05:52 PM

While i agree that its nice that we arent in the bottom of the division i do have to kind of call you out for being a tad bit naive also. Three out of the last 4 years this teams M'O has been to choke down the stretch. And all this coming from 3 different HC's (although we have one more game to change that). Unfortuantely, i get kind of tired of watching this kind of play year in and year out. Its easy to say "we will be better next year" but we constantly say that and yet we face the same problems year in and year out. For once, i would like to buck the trend and just beat the snot out of KC next week and actually PROVE that we are are actually improving outside of few regular season wins.

camdisco24
12-24-2011, 06:09 PM
While i agree that its nice that we arent in the bottom of the division i do have to kind of call you out for being a tad bit naive also. Three out of the last 4 years this teams M'O has been to choke down the stretch. And all this coming from 3 different HC's (although we have one more game to change that). Unfortuantely, i get kind of tired of watching this kind of play year in and year out. Its easy to say "we will be better next year" but we constantly say that and yet we face the same problems year in and year out. For once, i would like to buck the trend and just beat the snot out of KC next week and actually PROVE that we are are actually improving outside of few regular season wins.

I wouldn't say naive, but I'm thinking big picture here. Consider the situations at hand the three years we choked.

Shanny's last seasons: fired due to the fact we choked and were mediocre with without Elway. We thought Shanny was building another winning team... he wasn't.

McDaniel's epic start n' epic choke that we call 2009. McDaniels. Enough said. Maybe I'm in the minority, but after that choke I never said we'll be better next year.

Now, this year is totally different because no one had false hope. A least I didn't. So I'm very content with where we are, simply because of what we've been through.

That being said. YES I'm totally with you on not being let down again and proving we are over this crap. But I also can see that this is a young team and not one that is expected to do much, so unlike the last few years, I actually have some hope going into the offseasonm whether thats next week or after the playoffs.

MOtorboat
12-24-2011, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't say naive, but I'm thinking big picture here. Consider the situations at hand the three years we choked.

Shanny's last seasons: fired due to the fact we choked and were mediocre with without Elway. We thought Shanny was building another winning team... he wasn't.

McDaniel's epic start n' epic choke that we call 2009. McDaniels. Enough said. Maybe I'm in the minority, but after that choke I never said we'll be better next year.

Now, this year is totally different because no one had false hope. A least I didn't. So I'm very content with where we are, simply because of what we've been through.

That being said. YES I'm totally with you on not being let down again and proving we are over this crap. But I also can see that this is a young team and not one that is expected to do much, so unlike the last few years, I actually have some hope going into the offseasonm whether thats next week or after the playoffs.

It's not different.

And this team has had second half collapses, while being in playoff contention, for 7 of the last 9 years. It's getting old.

pikkiwoki
12-24-2011, 06:36 PM
All young QBs have to take their lumps in the form of INTs. Tebow was due.

Hopefully next week, he will Find A Way™.

Elevation inc
12-24-2011, 06:36 PM
It's not different.

And this team has had second half collapses, while being in playoff contention, for 7 of the last 9 years. It's getting old.

we will be alright, we werent even suppose to be talking playoffs this year but many forget that....we still lack alot of talent on this team for a true run, its only by true grit this team has come as far as they have....its also a new regimes 1st year, picking up the remanants of the worst situation denver has seen since pre shanny......it maybe old, but this team is on the upswing from where they have been the last 3 years.....with some more focus on the lines, the secondary and some skill players we will be even more dangerous next year.....this regime i think has a good plan....maybe it wont result in SB but it wont give us a 4-12 year, and cheating scandals....

camdisco24
12-24-2011, 06:41 PM
It's not different.

Totally different unless you actually thought this team had a chance. Did you?

But I agree its getting old, and I want to see a different outcome too.

MOtorboat
12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Totally different unless you actually thought this team had a chance. Did you?

But I agree its getting old, and I want to see a different outcome too.

Why wouldn't they have a chance? Teams go from worst to first and vice versa every year.

And once you get to 8-5, you sure as hell have a chance.

JONtheBRONCO
12-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Smells like our annual late season collapse. It won't be - Tebow and Co. are going to work their ass off this week and wrap up the division in Denver for our first AFCW title since 05. I wanted a 10 win season, but I'll settle for a 9.

Other QB's who have thrown 4 INT's in Buffalo this year - Tom Brady and Michael Vick. With Tebow throwing 4 today that has to be some sort of record, impressive. Our safety play is putrid, Von Miller isn't the same since his injury, and the offensive line is in need of 3 new starters (Franklin to LG please).

So we lost today - it sucks. It's no reason to give up on Timothy Richard Tebow. I've stayed pretty objective throughout the season with his QB play, and there's no denying he has a TON of work to do. But what 2nd year QB doesn't?

Orton wants his revenge, and KC is going to come ready to play the spoiler, play for their head coach, and beat Tebow and the Broncos... Pretty big incentive, but not as big an incentive that the Broncos have. Regardless if this is starting to look like Deju Vu, it's a different team. Will we win the Superbowl? No. But we need some street cred back in D-town (greatest city in the United States), and we'll get it next week. After the season, we can start talking about 2012 and what needs to happen... BELIEVE! Go Broncos and have a Merry Christmas!

camdisco24
12-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Why wouldn't they have a chance? Teams go from worst to first and vice versa every year.

And once you get to 8-5, you sure as hell have a chance.

We're agreeing Mo, but you're missing my point.

At the end of the day, this season is not a disaster no matter how we finish. After the massacre of talent brought on by our last coach, an improvement is a step in the right direction. I'm content, but not satisfied yet. With a win next week, the past is the past and we've FINALLY overcome collapse mode. I'll be just as pissed as you are if we don't win.

RebelRocker
12-24-2011, 07:24 PM
We're agreeing Mo, but you're missing my point.

At the end of the day, this season is not a disaster no matter how we finish. After the massacre of talent brought on by our last coach, an improvement is a step in the right direction. I'm content, but not satisfied yet. With a win next week, the past is the past and we've FINALLY overcome collapse mode. I'll be just as pissed as you are if we don't win.

I understand with what you're saying Cam, but it's a loser's attitude. Until our season is completely over, I'll wait to assess our season as "good" one or a "bad" one.

Of course nobody expected us to make the playoffs this year, but now that we're in the drivers seat to win the division, anything other than a division title will be a failure of a season.

I think I speak for all Broncos fans when I say, ENOUGH WITH THE ******* LATE SEASON COLLAPSES!!!

camdisco24
12-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I understand with what you're saying Cam, but it's a loser's attitude. Until our season is completely over, I'll wait to assess our season as "good" one or a "bad" one.

Of course nobody expected us to make the playoffs this year, but now that we're in the drivers seat to win the division, anything other than a division title will be a failure of a season.

I think I speak for all Broncos fans when I say, ENOUGH WITH THE ******* LATE SEASON COLLAPSES!!!

A loser's attitude? :lol: :rolleyes: I guess you can't be positive about progress huh?

I don't know how many more times/ways I can say it guys. I want to WIN this friggin division next week more than anything. I was PISSED during the game today and I'll be ever more pissed next week if it happens again. But I'm being objective too.

Chef Zambini
12-25-2011, 10:22 AM
it has been a very entertaining season.
so was JMCDs first season when we came out oif the box 6-0.
but alas...
six games do NOT make a season.
and once the ravens set the blueprint for beating the broncos, that same glorious season became stunningly painful, and now too the pain of reality should tell all rational football / bronco fans that tebow is obviously NOT the answer.

lgenf
12-25-2011, 11:54 AM
but alas...
and once the ravens set the blueprint for beating the broncos, that same glorious season became stunningly painful, and now too the pain of reality should tell all rational football / bronco fans that tebow is obviously NOT the answer.

Yes he is, but our team lacks serious talent all the way around so he has no one to throw to

Don't worry zam it will get better once you accept reality

BroncoNut
12-25-2011, 06:42 PM
You are closly gaining on Jagsbch level of most hated Gator fan on a Broncos forum.

no kidding lgenf. c'mon. you're better than that

Elevation inc
12-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Tebow isnt going anywhere, what will happen is that we will draft Tannehill end of rd 1 after trading back a bit. Then we will sign some vet leader for emergency, and keep weber on the PS.....so that will be our 4 Qb's next year heading into TC

red98
12-26-2011, 11:21 AM
but alas...

Too soon to say yet. He has improved somewhat in the passing game while finding ways to win so there is hope. (Elway and Fox say he has improved, I'll take their word for it over any forum poster's).

But it is tough to watch Rodgers absolutely master the passing game to the point where they don't even care if they have a good defense or running game and picture Tebow ever doing that.

Same when you think of Brees or Brady.

Tebow still needs dramatic improvement in the passing game and I hope he does it. I really like the guy. But for now I'm happy to see if he can get us into the playoffs and what he can do there.

TXBRONC
12-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes he is, but our team lacks serious talent all the way around so he has no one to throw to

Don't worry zam it will get better once you accept reality

I like the kid and I think he's improved as the season has gone along but cast to cast the blame on everyone else and basically say that Tebow played no part in the poor performances is myopic imho.

Sinthor
12-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm starting to think that we do suck and have had a crazy bit of luck and other teams beating themselves to put us in this position.

If we don't get lucky and the other team is competent, we lose.

I'd be more likely to buy that if it was for a game or two, but 6-7? Nope. That was just a good team effort. Rising above the overall talent level of the team. Really, in my mind, this is where they should have been NEXT year. I don't see nearly the level of improvement coming next year (from 4-12 to at LEAST 8-8 this year). In other words, let's say they even go 8-8 this year. After a good, productive draft next year I'd be expecting 10 wins and at 1st round of the playoffs. So they've exceeded expectations and are ahead of schedule in my mind. We'll see though. The NFL is funny the way teams can turn around both positively and negatively for little apparent reason.