PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas is Ballin'

broncobryce
12-19-2011, 11:11 PM
I heard something like he leads the NFL the last 3 weeks I think in receiving yards.

I always really liked this guy and wanted him to do well. Hopefully the success continues as it appears he is Tebow's guy. I don't blame him dude is huge.

BroncoBJ
12-19-2011, 11:17 PM
I thought he was a bust though?

battherastard
12-19-2011, 11:22 PM
made up for Eric Decker not really being a factor

camdisco24
12-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Minus the drops last week, I've really liked his play recently. Hoping he can stay healthy for a whole season so we can truly see what he's made of.

Davii
12-19-2011, 11:27 PM
He gets better every week, both his own skills and he and Tebows timing/understanding. The further he gets from the achilles injury the more I think we'll see.

Thnikkaman
12-19-2011, 11:53 PM
our offense will become potent when both decker and thomas are feared

DenBronx
12-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Demaryius also will only get better.

The more time Tebow spends with Decker and Thomas the better they will all get. He is proving to the Broncos he was worth a 1st round pick and is the future. If he keeps it up we can go into the offseason feeling good about the position and feeling good we dumped cry baby Llyod.

wayninja
12-20-2011, 12:03 AM
The caveat here is that he has to stay healthy.

DenBronx
12-20-2011, 12:12 AM
The caveat here is that he has to stay healthy.

There's no denying his talent but the dude just needs to stay on the field. If he can do that then he will be a star in the NFL. He is a quicker Brandon Marshall, without the off field problems.

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Its his 2nd year. You'd think this was his 6th, by the way he was being called a bust. Or was it just because he was mcd's pick.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2011, 01:04 AM
LMAO at everyone who said he "didn't have skills". Dude hasn't proven to stay healthy enough consistently through a period of time, but he has been explosive and dangerous from day 1.

Dude has freak skills, and if he can get his speed back he is going to be a matchup nightmare for everyone.

sneakers
12-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the thread, now he will get hurt.

Clipworthy
12-20-2011, 02:50 AM
and to think, most of you wrote him off a year ago

BroncoBJ
12-20-2011, 03:15 AM
and to think, most of you wrote him off a year ago

Yea, mainly the idiots though. People who understand that injuries are a part of the game and the fact that he never got healthy to showcase his talents, knew. His injuries were depressing and they did suck, but I saw what he was capable of last year vs the Seahawks. if he can stay healthy, he can be a monster. :elefant:

WARHORSE
12-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Wonder how Brandon Lloyd is feelin right about now.....?

VonSackemMiller
12-20-2011, 03:33 AM
I thought he was a bust though?

Thats what happens when you give up on a player because he was (injured) early in his young career. Now that hes healthy were starting to see him shine, We shouldnt give up on moreno yet either. Once he shakes the injury bug and just plays football without being hobbled by some sorta injury i got a feeling he will show why he was a first round pick.

SoCalImport
12-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Thats what happens when you give up on a player because he was (injured) early in his young career. Now that hes healthy were starting to see him shine, We shouldnt give up on moreno yet either. Once he shakes the injury bug and just plays football without being hobbled by some sorta injury i got a feeling he will show why he was a first round pick.

I'd love to see it from Moreno, but it's a different story with him. He's had plenty of chances (while healthy) to show what he can do. All he's been so far is a shifty but indecisive runner with poor vision. Not strong enough for the tough yards, lacks the extra gear of a McFadden or Reggie Bush. Dude has great hands though.

Thomas has never been healthy, I doubt that he's completely healthy now. Very encouraging.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Demaryius also will only get better.

The more time Tebow spends with Decker and Thomas the better they will all get. He is proving to the Broncos he was worth a 1st round pick and is the future. If he keeps it up we can go into the offseason feeling good about the position and feeling good we dumped cry baby Llyod.

I believe this as well. It is so exciting each week to see the team grow together. Once everyone is healthy and on the same page, they are going to Wow us. I am kinda at a loss for words in regards to Royal, the guy has speed and I thought he was going to explode but he kinda fizzled.

TXBRONC
12-20-2011, 07:44 AM
I've always felt Thomas has loads of talent it's just that he hasn't been able to stay healthy.

SoCalImport
12-20-2011, 08:09 AM
I believe this as well. It is so exciting each week to see the team grow together. Once everyone is healthy and on the same page, they are going to Wow us. I am kinda at a loss for words in regards to Royal, the guy has speed and I thought he was going to explode but he kinda fizzled.

Royal runs bad routes. When he broke out as a rookie I saw him being hit in stride (coming across the defense) where he could make the most of his shiftiness.
Since Cutler. no body has managed to find him consistently but that has a lot to do with Royal's injuries too.

catfish
12-20-2011, 08:09 AM
aside from a couple of drops in the chicago game he has had a really good run of games. I am not rushing to judgement yet, 3 good games isn't enough to sway me one way or the other...but I see improvement and that is all I ask for in a young player. I wonder if he will start pulling double teams to open up Decker soon?

TXBRONC
12-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Here's what the o.p. is refering too.

Demaryius Thomas making most of his chances
Posted: 12/20/2011 01:00:00 AM MST

Eric Decker​ carried the banner for Broncos receivers throughout much of the season, but it's another second-year wideout, Demaryius Thomas​, who is really on a roll. Thomas recorded another seven catches Sunday against New England, and his 338 yards in receptions for his past three games put him atop the NFL for December.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19582256

SoCalImport
12-20-2011, 08:34 AM
I don't think anyone gave up on DT completely. He's too young and too talented for that. It was just the injuries. I look at a guy that fast while being that BIG it's just a matter of time before he catches up to the game and starts to show us why he was looked at as a first round pick.

CoachChaz
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Guy has 3 good games and he's the next Jerry Rice. Let's slow down a little bit. He hasnt proven anything yet.

Dzone
12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
leading the nfl for the month is cool. The big question is-Was Demaryious Thomas a better draft pick than Dez Bryant, who we passed on to take Thomas?

TXBRONC
12-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Guy has 3 good games and he's the next Jerry Rice. Let's slow down a little bit. He hasnt proven anything yet.

Who has said he's the next Jerry Rice? He has talent that's all anyone has said myself included.

CoachChaz
12-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Who has said he's the next Jerry Rice? He has talent that's all anyone has said myself included.

As soon as I posted that, i knew someone would take it far too literally. I keep waiting, but it seems sarcastic analogies will never be comprehended here.

Ok...NO ONE said he's "the next Jerry Rice". But I read a few people gushing over the guy or blasting those that doubted him...and it's based on 3 games out of a possible 30.

vandammage13
12-20-2011, 09:49 AM

Eh...Moreno's had his shot. I think he has value as a 3rd down back catching passes and pass protection (I actually think he's very good in this area), but an every down back he is not and never will be.

As for DT, I was one of his biggest critics when he kept getting hurt (I even used to have my avatar pic of Mr. Glass with a DT jersey to poke fun at him). I still want to see more from DT, but I like what I am seeing since he's been healthy and know he can be a great reciever for us IF he can stay healthy.

TXBRONC
12-20-2011, 10:07 AM
As soon as I posted that, i knew someone would take it far too literally. I keep waiting, but it seems sarcastic analogies will never be comprehended here.

Ok...NO ONE said he's "the next Jerry Rice". But I read a few people gushing over the guy or blasting those that doubted him...and it's based on 3 games out of a possible 30.

I understood you in that it was sarcasm. But my point is whose gushing over him and who has gotten blasted for doubting him? I agree we shouldn't take it far but I think the response so far have been measured.

broncobryce
12-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes I would take him over out of shape dez

CoachChaz
12-20-2011, 10:39 AM
I understood you in that it was sarcasm. But my point is whose gushing over him and who has gotten blasted for doubting him? I agree we shouldn't take it far but I think the response so far have been measured.

"Proving he was worth a first"..."he will be a star"..."Can be a monster"..."laugh at those that wrote him off"

Things like that and a few posts that call out people that doubted him, when poeple were mostly just indecisive based on the injuries. Again...3 games out of 30.

BroncoStud
12-20-2011, 10:50 AM
D. Thomas needs to stay on the field and healthy. Few on here doubted his physical ability to play the position well, it's his inability to remain healthy that has caused doubt.

I still think we need another WR/hybrid speed guy to offset Decker and Thomas though.

vandammage13
12-20-2011, 11:08 AM
D. Thomas needs to stay on the field and healthy. Few on here doubted his physical ability to play the position well, it's his inability to remain healthy that has caused doubt.

I still think we need another WR/hybrid speed guy to offset Decker and Thomas though.

I wish Royal could be that guy....Would have been nice if McDummy would have taken Percy Harvin over Knowshon.

If we had that guy, I think this style of offense would be downright nasty.

Tebow/McGahee/DT/Decker/Harvin...I like the sound of that.

CoachChaz
12-20-2011, 11:16 AM
I wish Royal could be that guy....Would have been nice if McDummy would have taken Percy Harvin over Knowshon.

If we had that guy, I think this style of offense would be downright nasty.

Tebow/McGahee/DT/Decker/Harvin...I like the sound of that.

Someone to turn the 5 yard slant into a 20 yard gain.

Kendall Wright, Jarous Wright, Joe Adams

vandammage13
12-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Someone to turn the 5 yard slant into a 20 yard gain.

Kendall Wright, Jarous Wright, Joe Adams

Or Percy Harvin...Did you see what he did to us when we played Minny? He almost single handedly won that game for them.

CoachChaz
12-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Or Percy Harvin...Did you see what he did to us when we played Minny? He almost single handedly won that game for them.

I agree...I was just taking the more realistic approach

vandammage13
12-20-2011, 11:37 AM
I agree...I was just taking the more realistic approach

You're right...no sense in wondering what could have been, but rather I should focus on what could be.

underrated29
12-20-2011, 11:38 AM

I am one of knowshons biggest supporters, but even I have pretty much given up on him and his GIANT Vagina! He imo, is the courtney brown of RBs. Could be a really really really good player, but instead he is really really really good at getting IR'd.

3 times in 3 years.....I cant back a guy like that. Get Jonathan Stewart in here now!

Mile High Magic
12-20-2011, 11:59 AM

Clay Matthews you mean.

Jsteve01
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
I am one of knowshons biggest supporters, but even I have pretty much given up on him and his GIANT Vagina! He imo, is the courtney brown of RBs. Could be a really really really good player, but instead he is really really really good at getting IR'd.

3 times in 3 years.....I cant back a guy like that. Get Jonathan Stewart in here now!

lmao you do realize Stewart is hurt a lot too.

And i just dont see how you say Moreno could be really good. He's a smallish back who's slow to the hole, has horrid balance, mediocre vision and happy feet.

I didn't hate the pick when we made it. He and Ayers were both top five on Mayock's list that year, but his game doesn't transition to the NFL. The only hope I have for him is that a long injured period helps him to refocus.

vandammage13
12-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Clay Matthews you mean.

Solid player, but I see more hype than substance with Matthews, honestly.

If he were on the Bengals or Bucs he would be just another player IMO.

underrated29
12-20-2011, 12:17 PM
lmao you do realize Stewart is hurt a lot too.

And i just dont see how you say Moreno could be really good. He's a smallish back who's slow to the hole, has horrid balance, mediocre vision and happy feet.

I didn't hate the pick when we made it. He and Ayers were both top five on Mayock's list that year, but his game doesn't transition to the NFL. The only hope I have for him is that a long injured period helps him to refocus.

Stewie is oft injured yes, but not IRd every single year. Plus stewie is the ultimate combo of size, speed, strength, hands, toughness. He is my fav back in the league.

Moreno, if he got as many touches as mcgahee has been getting I think he could really shine. I've seen the dude run and what I see is someone who just needs to put it together and get a little rhythm going, get a little confidence and grow a pair and ditch the Vag.

NightTerror218
12-20-2011, 12:27 PM

That is suppose to be royal/willis.

artie_dale
12-20-2011, 12:33 PM

Speaking of those two, that was one of the most dumbshit moves Willis did running into Royal during a punt return. That's the reason Royal wasn't in Sunday's game. Willis still has a ways to go, and Royal it just as injury prone as our most injury prone guys.

BroncoStud
12-20-2011, 01:16 PM

But it's not. They aren't good enough.

Jsteve01
12-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Stewie is oft injured yes, but not IRd every single year. Plus stewie is the ultimate combo of size, speed, strength, hands, toughness. He is my fav back in the league.

Moreno, if he got as many touches as mcgahee has been getting I think he could really shine. I've seen the dude run and what I see is someone who just needs to put it together and get a little rhythm going, get a little confidence and grow a pair and ditch the Vag.

I love Stewart. Wanted the Broncos to draft him but he's been hurt since his junior year in college and that's playing as a backup. Im not investing big dollars in that type of player

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the thread, now he will get hurt.
Lmao. No shit!

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:05 PM
leading the nfl for the month is cool. The big question is-Was Demaryious Thomas a better draft pick than Dez Bryant, who we passed on to take Thomas?
Depends whether you put any credence into character.
Dez, imo, is a mini-marshall, just waiting to implode.

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:08 PM
"Proving he was worth a first"..."he will be a star"..."Can be a monster"..."laugh at those that wrote him off"

Things like that and a few posts that call out people that doubted him, when poeple were mostly just indecisive based on the injuries. Again...3 games out of 30.
He's in his 2nd yr, and was drafted injured. There were PLENTY calling him a bust.
It seems draftees, regardless of their round, are expected to be ProBowlers their 1st yr, or theyre busts.

Quite naive, imo.

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:12 PM

How is a player's "ability to stay healthy" on them?
So when an Olineman has his ankle rolled up on, he's got a propensity to injury?

Injuries happen. There is NO way to avoid them.

CoachChaz
12-20-2011, 03:13 PM
He's in his 2nd yr, and was drafted injured. There were PLENTY calling him a bust.
It seems draftees, regardless of their round, are expected to be ProBowlers their 1st yr, or theyre busts.

Quite naive, imo.

Valid points. And that's why I say it's a bit premature to be so high on him when he's shown up for 3 of a possible 30 games

catfish
12-20-2011, 03:13 PM
How is a player's "ability to stay healthy" on them?
So when an Olineman has his ankle rolled up on, he's got a propensity to injury?

Injuries happen. There is NO way to avoid them.

it could be argued that while injuries can be a freak thing, strength, balance and sense of field awareness could make one player less prone to injury than another

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Valid points. And that's why I say it's a bit premature to be so high on him when he's shown up for 3 of a possible 30 games
Well coach, hes a positive, young, nofrills player on a pretty average team. That means he's sticking out. Nothing wrong with that. ;')

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:19 PM
it could be argued that while injuries can be a freak thing, strength, balance and sense of field awareness could make one player less prone to injury than another

Then bdawk/champ both suck too. As does rapersburglar, manning, et al.

Injuries....happen. This game is full of violent collisions.

CoachChaz
12-20-2011, 03:24 PM

I guess the difference is they all proved something before their gritty play or length of their careers caught up to them.

catfish
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM

i am not saying that players arent going to ever be injured, but there is a difference between being dinged up for a game or two and season ending injuries several years in a row, Bailey and Dawkins have played at a high level for years missing minimal time, there are others who have been injured for 90% of their limited careers. I wasn't necessarily arguing about any one player in particular, mine was more of a general statement

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:29 PM
i am not saying that players arent going to ever be injured, but there is a difference between being dinged up for a game or two and season ending injuries several years in a row, Bailey and Dawkins have played at a high level for years missing minimal time, there are others who have been injured for 90% of their limited careers. I wasn't necessarily arguing about any one player in particular, mine was more of a general statement
I know. I was being melodramatic. ;')

But hopefully my point was made?

catfish
12-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I know. I was being melodramatic. ;')

But hopefully my point was made?

I agree with you to an extent, a player should be given a chance to perform prior to being written off due to injury, the question always comes down to how much time do you give to someone who is hurt a lot. For instance what if Moreno comes back next year has a great pre-season, great first two games ond goes out again...how long do you give it?

I agree that injuries are in large part random, but there are definately guys who just can't seem to stay helathy at all, and there are guys who are never hurt....this year is a bad example as it seems every team has large amounts of starters down, maybe due to no offseason?

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I agree with you to an extent, a player should be given a chance to perform prior to being written off due to injury, the question always comes down to how much time do you give to someone who is hurt a lot. For instance what if Moreno comes back next year has a great pre-season, great first two games ond goes out again...how long do you give it?

I agree that injuries are in large part random, but there are definately guys who just can't seem to stay helathy at all, and there are guys who are never hurt....this year is a bad example as it seems every team has large amounts of starters down, maybe due to no offseason?

In that scenario, you let him playout his contract, or try for a trade. But as long as he's contributing....

catfish
12-20-2011, 03:46 PM
In that scenario, you let him playout his contract, or try for a trade. But as long as he's contributing....

I will say this, it is my sincere hope that a number of 2nd year players on offense develop into the playmakers that they have the potential to be, none of them are there yet, but there is definately a lot of potential down the road at several positions

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 03:51 PM
I will say this, it is my sincere hope that a number of 2nd year players on offense develop into the playmakers that they have the potential to be, none of them are there yet, but there is definately a lot of potential down the road at several positions
Thats all you can hope for.

Jsteve01
12-20-2011, 03:56 PM
In a perfect world BeyBey stays healthy Decker reverts to his no dropsy college personna and Green and Thomas develop into the players we thought they would be coming out of camp. I think what's been forgotten as we've gotten deeper into the season is how good Thomas looked during camp and preseason prior to the high ankle sprain.

chull20
12-20-2011, 04:23 PM
I hope Thomas can turn into the beast Brandon Marshall was

Jsteve01
12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I hope Thomas can turn into the beast Brandon Marshall was

actually has a better physical skill set than Marshall, but doesn't seem to be nearly as durable.

rcsodak
12-20-2011, 04:28 PM
In a perfect world BeyBey stays healthy Decker reverts to his no dropsy college personna and Green and Thomas develop into the players we thought they would be coming out of camp. I think what's been forgotten as we've gotten deeper into the season is how good Thomas looked during camp and preseason prior to the high ankle sprain.

Green is getting good marks as a blocker. Thats step 1.

CoachChaz
12-20-2011, 04:28 PM

Not holding my breath on this. Dwayne Allen is a draft option in my book if we can fill some holes in FA

Ravage!!!
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I think there is a couple things we can hope for.

ONE.... people stop using that horrible nick-name "bey bey".... has to be the worst nick EVERrrrr. (you guys do realize thats calling him "baby", right?)

Two, that he stays healthy. I really like what I've seen from the kid the last few games.