PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, Brandon Marshall Sucks.

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Did anyone watch Pro Bowl game? Brandon Marshall have dropped 3-4 balls in 1st half. Manning threw a good pass to Marshall at the touchdown zone and Marshall couldn't scored a touchdown. It was a easy pass and It was embarrassing.

Cheez Whiz
02-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Did anyone watch Pro Bowl game? Brandon Marshall have dropped 3-4 balls in 1st half. Manning threw a good pass to Marshall at the touchdown zone and Marshall couldn't scored a touchdown. It was a easy pass and It was embarrassing.

[sarcasm]

Jay Cutler sucks too.

He couldn't even complete easy passes, unless it was to the other team.

We're ******.

[sarcasm]

G_Money
02-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Can't imagine why his head isn't in the meaningless vacation game, the same week he proposed to his girlfriend.

What an idiot. Doesn't he know how important it is to win the Pro Bowl?

It determines home field for the World Series, dammit.

What a maroon.

~G

fcspikeit
02-08-2009, 08:20 PM

LOL..

I wouldn't say he sucks but he didn't represent the Broncos or the AFC very well... For that matter, Cutler didn't either..

When you watch what a great WR can do in Fritz, it makes Marshall look even worse. With Fritz all you have to do is get it close, with Marshall you cross your fingers even when he's open... :laugh:

broncophan
02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Yea....Marshall didn't look too good......

Cutler looked worse though......his team was counting on him in the 4th qtr. to help them get the 45 grand and he couldn't LEAD them down field......instead he throws the int. ...oh well......hopefully the kid learned something from some proven players at the pro bowl.

It was just an exhibition game though....

GO BRONCOS....

Nomad
02-08-2009, 08:30 PM

Cutler looked worse though......his team was counting on him in the 4th qtr. to help them get the 45 grand and he couldn't LEAD them down field......instead he throws the int. to Peppers...oh well......hopefully the kid learned something from some proven players at the pro bowl.

GO BRONCOS....

Good post phan!! All star games are supposed to bring out the best, I guess with the exception of professional sports!! Marshall still has alot to learn and Cutler does as well, he is excused if health is an issue!

Ziggy
02-08-2009, 08:31 PM

Cutler looked worse though......his team was counting on him in the 4th qtr. to help them get the 45 grand and he couldn't LEAD them down field......instead he throws the int. to Peppers...oh well......hopefully the kid learned something from some proven players at the pro bowl.
It was just an exhibition game though....

GO BRONCOS....

I'm pretty sure he learned to appreciate having Ryan Clady to watch his blindside after today's game. :D

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Cutler.

INT. Scoring position.

Huh.

Same ole story.

Scarface
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM

I can't stand when guys drop easy passes "at the touchdown zone". The touchdown zone is the coolest place on the field....to catch tds at. Some people like the Twilight Zone but I prefer the touchdown zone every day of the week. I also like shooting basketball hoops. I also can't stand it when guys miss easy basketball hoops.:elefant:

Peerless
02-08-2009, 08:36 PM
OMG. Jay Cutler threw an INT in the pro bowl!

Doooooomsdaaaay

topscribe
02-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm pretty sure he learned to appreciate having Ryan Clady to watch his blindside after today's game. :D

BINGO!! I guess nobody noticed how porous the AFC's O-line was and how
Cutler had no time to do anything. I can't believe some people . . . :tsk:

As you alluded, though, I did take note on how much better Clady is than
anyone who played his position today. Had he been out there today, Cutler
would not have thrown that pick because Peppers would not have had hold
of him.

-----

broncophan
02-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Doooooomsdaaaay

On the bright side.....Cutler did a good job of handing the ball through the legs of the offensive lineman......for the go ahead TD...:rolleyes:.......is that why he "earned" the probowl trip??????......to hand the ball through the legs of his offensive lineman??? lol

broncophan
02-08-2009, 08:41 PM

of him.

-----

How about throwing the ball out of bounds???

slim
02-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Agreed, Marshall drops WAY to many passes.

I guess there was some merit to the TO comparisons.

Nomad
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Whatever excuse you want to give compared to the players in the position, I expected better from Cutler and Marshall, then again it's only the pro bowl so why bother trying:foilhat:!!! Clady would have made a big difference in the oline though!

Dean
02-08-2009, 08:52 PM

of him.

-----

Jay had a D-end holding his legs with it looked in replay like one foot was off the ground. I hope that he learns that sometimes the best play you can make is to throw the ball away or take the sack.

broncophan
02-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Jay had a D-end holding his legs with it looked in replay like one foot was off the ground. I hope that he learns that sometimes the best play you can make is to throw the ball away or take the sack.

Yep...........the kid is still learning....I hope the experience at the pro bowl helps him ,although....he had no business even being invited or voted in to the pro bowl imo....

fcspikeit
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM

of him.

-----

Actually, Peppers picked it off, Ware was the one pulling Cutlers leg out from under him while he tried to throw.. I didn't see that much of Peppers and Ware in the first half, Did they start?

One thing to consider, Cutler was playing with the backup Pro Bowlers :D

IMO, both D-lines whipped up on the O-lines today... How great would it be to see Peppers in the Pro Bowl next year wearing a Broncos Jersey? :pray:

Collinsworth was wondering why Peppers would want to play End in a 3-4... The answer is simple, He wouldn't! He wants to play OLB in the 3-4 :D

topscribe
02-08-2009, 08:57 PM

That's fine. But my point is that if Clady were blocking, the issue would never had arisen.

-----

fcspikeit
02-08-2009, 09:01 PM
That's fine. But my point is that if Clady were blocking, the issue would never had arisen.

-----

Well Top, most everyone knows it's hard to throw 5 guys together for 1 week and expect them to function as a unit, even if they are pro bowlers.

But I agree, Clady should have made the pro bowl. Even Thomas got beat a couple times, IMO there wasn't a LT for either side who has anything on Clady..

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Well Top, most everyone knows it's hard to throw 5 guys together for 1 week and expect them to function as a unit, even if they are pro bowlers.

But I agree, Clady should have made the pro bowl. Even Thomas got beat a couple times, IMO there wasn't a LT for either side who has anything on Clady..

Well, yes . . . my point was Clady should have been there. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

omac
02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I didn't want any Bronco player to go to the probowl; invited, yes, but participate, no. I was concerned that a freak injury would happen, like what happened to Drew Brees. The game is too inconsequential for a chance at a serious setback.

I haven't heard of any injuries to Jay, Brandon, or Cassey, so this is a definite win. Now they can take their short break, then work early in the offseason on Doogie's system. :rockon:

JKcatch724
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM

It's Borat!!!

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Doooooomsdaaaay

Yeah. That didn't happen at all during the regular season.

Next?

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 09:17 PM
-Trade Marshall for Julius Peppers.

-Draft a stud wide receiver.

:confused:

slim
Yeah. That didn't happen at all during the regular season.

Next?

Anyone that denies that Jay needs some work is drinking the koolaid.

Dude needs A LOT of work.

fcspikeit
It's Borat!!!

I have never noticed MS's post's ever looking like this... Should I have been paying more attention, or was this a bit out of the norm :confused:

topscribe

Yeah, simple . . . um, who'd you have in mind?

-----

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Anyone that denies that Jay needs some work is drinking the koolaid.

Dude needs A LOT of work.

I LOVE the kid's potential. But anyone that says it's anything other than potential is an idiot.

nj10
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Honestly? Marshall sucks? People are mad about the pro bowl? The pro bowl? holy ****! Wake me up in August!

slim
02-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I LOVE the kid's potential. But anyone that says it's anything other than potential is an idiot.

I guess we can agree that beer is > than koolaid.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Honestly? Marshall sucks? People are mad about the pro bowl? The pro bowl? holy ****! Wake me up in August!

He's a good-2-great receiver. What he did in the Pro Bowl is exactly what he did during the regular season.

#1 receiver.

In dropped balls.

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah, simple . . . um, who'd you have in mind?

-----

Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech

fcspikeit
02-08-2009, 09:21 PM

Trade :confused:

I'm sure they would jump all over that! :listen:

They get a Pro Bowl WR for a FA who has said he wants to leave to play in a 3-4... ;)

nj10
02-08-2009, 09:21 PM
BTW, Cutler had better protection behind his own O-line than this "all-star" squad....Notice on his INT the pressure came from his back side...proving that Clady should have been there.

nj10
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM

Have you noticed we don't have a top 5 pick?

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:23 PM

I guess you just called me an idiot, then.

Because what I saw was the best 2nd year (on the field) QB I had ever seen, outside Marino and Brady.

-----

slim
02-08-2009, 09:25 PM

I don't think to many people here will say he sucks...I certainly won't. But it would be nice if he didn't drop so many passes (and I'm not talking about the pro-bowl).

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:26 PM

Because what I saw was the best 2nd year (on the field) QB I had ever seen, outside Marino and Brady.

-----

Let me know when he has a winning record. I'll jump on board.

Elway at least got us into the playoffs in his 2nd year. Funny you forgot to mention him.

fcspikeit
02-08-2009, 09:26 PM

Even if we did, we have enough holes on this team we could use it on..

Marshall needs to focus on the fundamentals a bit and stop relying on his size to carry him.. All things that can be done in the off season..

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Exactly. So we give up several picks to trade up for Crabtree. Then we trade
off Marshall to get Peppers.

Maybe an even swap on WRs. Maybe . . . or maybe another Marcus Nash.

And we add one (1) defensive player, an OLB at a position of lesser need on
defense . . . and still no stud DT/NT, and still no safety, and far less chance
of getting them because we traded off all those picks for Crabtree, and shot
our CAP all to hell paying Peppers.

Makes sense. Let's see, who will we pick. then, as the overall #1 in 2010? :coffee:

-----

spikerman
02-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Personally I don't care much about what happens in the pro bowl, but Marshall's drops throughout the season and today really concern me. IMHO, it's inexcusable for a guy to consistantly drop the ball when he's paid millions of dollars to catch it. I would hope there would be a huge improvement next year. McDaniels had better have Marshall working on the juggs machine all day every day during the off season.

Cutler wasn't impressive, but it is what it is. He has a ways to go in his development. Hopefully he'll get there.

Did someone say that Cutler was under the weather today?

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Let me know when he has a winning record. I'll jump on board.

Elway at least got us into the playoffs in his 2nd year. Funny you forgot to mention him.

Oh, I see. Tennis. I thought we were talking football.

You know, where defense is also supposed to contribute to wins?

My bad. :coffee:

-----

nj10
02-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't think to many people here will say he sucks...I certainly won't. But it would be nice if he didn't drop so many passes (and I'm not talking about the pro-bowl).

I understand that and it does get frustrating...but the more often a guy is thrown to the more chances he'll have to drop the ball. We should be focusing on more pressing issues like our complete lack of a defense. Not how crappy our best offensive weapon is :rolleyes:

Magnificent Seven

Check it out. He's awesome.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Michael%20Crabtree&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

fcspikeit

-----

I'm with you top... :salute:

Every freaking thread turns out the same... I am beginning to think we might need more topic enforcement... :coffee:

BroncoJoe
Oh, I see. Tennis. I thought we were talking football.

You know, where defense is supposed to contribute to wins?

My bad. :coffee:

-----

The defense has nothing to do with turnovers within the 20-30 yard-line by the offense, or dropped balls by the wide receivers.

Forehand for the win.

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
The defense has nothing to do with turnovers within the 20-30 yard-line by the offense, or dropped balls by the wide receivers.

Forehand for the win.

Right. Having the second worse defense in the league has nothing to do with a W-L record.

Gee, I'm learning a lot about football here . . .

-----

fcspikeit
02-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Forehand for the win.

wasn't you talking about "winning" football games :confused: The defense has a hell of a lot to do with that!

nj10
02-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Check it out. He's awesome.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Michael%20Crabtree&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

No need to...I'm a tech fan...I know what he's got. Incredible talent...But so does Marshall. And who's to say Crabtree will pan out as a pro. Not worth the loss we'd have to take when WR is the VERY least of our worries. We need a defense. I want McDaniels to use EVERY SINGLE draft pick on defensive players.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Right. Having the second worse defense in the league has nothing to do with a W-L record.

-----

wasn't you talking about "winning" football games :confused: The defense has a hell of a lot to do with that!

Never have I said that the defense wasn't a problem all year long, but let's face facts:

The offense, turnovers, dropped balls (#1 in the league, by the way) didn't help at all. The best defense is a good offense. The reverse is true as well.

All I'm saying is Brandon dropped more balls than any other receiver this year. Cutler threw more interceptions than anyone not named Favre. Now, tell me where 100% of the problem is.

tia.

spikerman
02-08-2009, 09:40 PM

-----
Top, I have to disagree with you here. Despite what any statistics say, Denver had THE WORST defense in the league. :D

Also, about your second year QBs post, as much as I don't care for him, I think Roethlisberger has to be up there. Didn't he win a SB in his 2nd year?

I agree that a lot of Cutler's turnover problems last year were because he had to force things to try to keep up, but he definitely has a few areas to work on. I certainly hope he hasn't reached his full potential.

nj10
02-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Now, tell me where 100% of the problem is.

On the defense...If the offense wasn't forced to score every time they went out, or lose the game...they wouldn't have forced the ball like they did...in turn causing the turnovers...

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Well no, I didn't. Here are Elway's 2nd year numbers: 56.3% comp, 2598 yds,
18 TDs, 15 INTs, QB rating of 76.8

Here are Cutler's: 62.3%, 4526 yds, 25 TDs, 18 INTs, 86.0 QB rating.

Must have been more than Elway getting the Broncos into the playoffs.

Must have had something to do with Barney Chavous, Rubin Carter, Rulon
Jones, Rick Dennison, Tom Jackson, Louis Wright, Dennis Smith, Steve Foley?

Y'think?

-----

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:46 PM
On the defense...If the offense wasn't forced to score every time they went out, or lose the game...they wouldn't have forced the ball like they did...in turn causing the turnovers...

Our offense put the defense in too many situations to stop. I am NOT defending our defense - it was horrid. But anyone that can't see the problems on offense as well is stoopid.

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Top, I have to disagree with you here. Despite what any statistics say, Denver had THE WORST defense in the league. :D

Also, about your second year QBs post, as much as I don't care for him, I think Roethlisberger has to be up there. Didn't he win a SB in his 2nd year?

I agree that a lot of Cutler's turnover problems last year were because he had to force things to try to keep up, but he definitely has a few areas to work on. I certainly hope he hasn't reached his full potential.

No, he didn't. The Pittsburgh Steelers won it. Roethisberger had a 21-something
QB rating for that game, which goes to show just how misleading a W-L can
be for a QB.

Pittsburgh had the same advantage then that they do now: a crushing defense.

Meanwhile, Ben did a good job of managing a good Steelers team that year,
passing for 2385 yds, 17 TDs, and 9 INTs.

-----

nj10
02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Our offense put the defense in too many situations to stop. I am NOT defending our defense - it was horrid. But anyone that can't see the problems on offense as well is stoopid.

The lack of a running game is not Marshall's fault...or Cutler's. You said earlier Cutler was 2nd in the league in INTs...He was also first in pass attempts I believe.

More passes = more picks.
more passes= more dropped passes.

no running game= more passes.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Well no, I didn't. Here are Elway's 2nd year numbers: 56.3% comp, 2598 yds,
18 TDs, 15 INTs, QB rating of 76.8

Here are Cutler's: 62.3%, 4526 yds, 25 TDs, 18 INTs, 86.0 QB rating.

Must have been more than Elway getting the Broncos into the playoffs.

Must have had something to do with Barney Chavous, Rubin Carter, Rulon
Jones, Rick Dennison, Tom Jackson, Louis Wright, Dennis Smith, Steve Foley?

Y'think?

-----

Elway 2nd year record: 12-2 / playoff appearance

Cutler 2nd year record; 8-8 / No playoffs.

Broncos scored 353 points that year, 25+ per game. Not a bad offense, ranked #11 in the league.

Next?

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Never have I said that the defense wasn't a problem all year long, but let's face facts:

The offense, turnovers, dropped balls (#1 in the league, by the way) didn't help at all. The best defense is a good offense. The reverse is true as well.

All I'm saying is Brandon dropped more balls than any other receiver this year. Cutler threw more interceptions than anyone not named Favre. Now, tell me where 100% of the problem is.

tia.

Of course, turnovers and drops didn't help. Of course, they contributed to
losses. But your allusion to Cutler's W-L record had the effect of putting it
all on him. Before I go by a QB's W-L record, I want to take into account the
rest of the team . . . and it is not pretty, once one wanders over to the
defensive side of the LOS.

-----

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Elway 2nd year record: 12-2 / playoff appearance

Cutler 2nd year record; 8-8 / home for the playoffs.

Broncos scored 353 points that year, 25+ per game. Not a bad offense, ranked #11 in the league.

Next?

Please see Post #59.

If you want to discuss bowling, tennis, golf, and chess, then we can place a
lot of importance on an individual player's W-L record. Otherwise, let's try to
be rational, shall we?

-----

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
The lack of a running game is not Marshall's fault...or Cutler's. You said earlier Cutler was 2nd in the league in INTs...He was also first in pass attempts I believe.

More passes = more picks.
more passes= more dropped passes.

no running game= more passes.

Tell that to Tom Brady.

Next?

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Please see Post #59.

If you want to discuss bowling, tennis, golf, and chess, then we can place a
lot of importance on an individual player's W-L record. Otherwise, let's try to
be rational, shall we?

-----

I'm trying to be rational, Top. You're the one who is wishing on a star.

nj10
02-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Tell that to Tom Brady.

Next?

You're right...

Selvin, Tater, Pittman, Hall, Torain...all WAY better than Lawrence Maroney.

Brady has had a running game...

Next?

topscribe
02-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm trying to be rational, Top. You're the one who is wishing on a star.

Right. You are hanging onto an individual player's W-L record, among 53 other
players, with the worst defense in the league, and I'm wishing on a star.

Whatever. I'm done. :tsk:

-----

spikerman
02-08-2009, 09:59 PM
No, he didn't. The Pittsburgh Steelers won it. Roethisberger had a 21-something
QB rating for that game, which goes to show just how misleading a W-L can
be for a QB.

Pittsburgh had the same advantage then that they do now: a crushing defense.

Meanwhile, Ben did a good job of managing a good Steelers team that year,
passing for 2385 yds, 17 TDs, and 9 INTs.

-----C'mon Top, now you're splitting hairs. I don't like Roethlisberger any more than you do, but the fact is that as a 2nd year player he was the SB winning QB. Of course he didn't win it on his own and that fact is that he played horribly in the actual game, but as you've pointed out -football is a team game. It's not like Roethlisberger played terribly the entire year. Yes, he managed the team, but he did what he was asked to do. So yes, the Steelers won the SB and if Denver gets there and wins one during Cutler's era, it will be the Broncos who win it - not Jay Cutler.

LoyalSoldier
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Oh yes we all know Carolina is in the market for a WR....:rolleyes:

nj10
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm done. :tsk:

-----

I'm not...I won't ignore the problems we have on offense, but Cutler and Marshall are not those problems. No running game is the problem. The lack of defense that made the offense win EVERY game...that was the problem

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:02 PM
McDaniels needs to focus on defense and wide receivers. If he did it, then Broncos will be good to go.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
You're right...

Next?

Tied for 2nd in average yards per attempt.

12th in rushing yardage, only because we ranked 28th in attempts.

Next?

silkamilkamonico
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
LMAO

This thread "sucks"

And McDaniels is totally good to go on the offensive side of the ball.

He needs an entirely new defense.

ikillz0mbies
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
In addition to a new defense, it seems like the Broncos need a new QB and a new WR. The Pro Bowl is more important than the Super Bowl, I get it.

The way Jay Cutler played today is going to be the way he plays during the season. Brandon Marshall will continue to drop passes throughout the season as well. He will not catch any touchdowns, nor make any catches at all because he sucks.

Will this game foreshadow for what's to come in the upcoming season? Maybe. Maybe not. But Cutler and Marshall haven't even gone through training camp or OTA's. I think it's too early to judge their performances. This is only a once a year deal. Playing with players from other teams, playing under a different coach, playing a different playbook. Give them a break.

I'm not ignoring the fact that Cutler threw an INT or Marshall dropped a few balls. They have to improve. Everyone needs to improve something. That's what training camp and practices are for.

Saying Marshall sucks is pointless right now. I suppose Marshall sucked when he caught 18 passes in a game? I don't think anyone expects players to be playing the Pro Bowl like its a season or playoff game or the Super Bowl. They're playing for money. And everybody knows these multi-million dollar making football players need a few more thousand dollars in their wallet.

topscribe
02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
You're right...

Next?

Maroney joined the Pats in 2007. How many SBs have they won since then?

In the years they did win the SBs, here are the YPC numbers:

2001 3.8
2003 3.4
2004 4.1

Not all that impressive, is it?

-----

nj10
02-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Tied for 2nd in average yards per attempt.

12th in rushing yardage, only because we ranked 28th in attempts.

Next?

ok, you're right. Cutler sucks. Marshall sucks. Royal sucks. Clady sucks. Shanahan sucked. Bowlen sucks. The waterboy sucked. The towel boy sucked. the chain gang sucked. The bus driver sucked. Bucky sucked. the fans sucked. The taxi driver who gave Marshall rides to the stadium sucked. the popcorn vendors sucked. the pilots who flew the Broncos to the away games sucked. But I think most of the blame falls on Cutler and Marshall's parents for not getting abortions...While you're being ridiculous and throwing blame where it doesn't belong, i will too.

topscribe
02-08-2009, 10:09 PM
C'mon Top, now you're splitting hairs. I don't like Roethlisberger any more than you do, but the fact is that as a 2nd year player he was the SB winning QB. Of course he didn't win it on his own and that fact is that he played horribly in the actual game, but as you've pointed out -football is a team game. It's not like Roethlisberger played terribly the entire year. Yes, he managed the team, but he did what he was asked to do. So yes, the Steelers won the SB and if Denver gets there and wins one during Cutler's era, it will be the Broncos who win it - not Jay Cutler.

First of all, I like Ben. I'm a fan of his. I think he's a good kid and a good (not
great, but good) QB.

But the Steelers won the SB in 2005 in spite of him. He did his best to blow it.
Period. But he did play well that year (especially against us :mad: ) . . . as a
game manager. He did not have to take his team on his back and win it for
them. That is a fact.

-----

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:11 PM
McDaniels needs to focus on defense and wide receivers. If he did it, then Broncos will be good to go.

Josh Mcdaniels needs to be more strict on wide receivers. Last season, Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler had a lousy statistic on completion or his completion percentage is lower due to many drop balls from wide receivers.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 10:13 PM
ok, you're right. Cutler sucks. Marshall sucks. Royal sucks. Clady sucks. Shanahan sucked. Bowlen sucks. The waterboy sucked. The towel boy sucked. the chain gang sucked. The bus driver sucked. Bucky sucked. the fans sucked. The taxi driver who gave Marshall rides to the stadium sucked. the popcorn vendors sucked. the pilots who flew the Broncos to the away games sucked. But I think most of the blame falls on Cutler and Marshall's parents for not getting abortions...While you're being ridiculous and throwing blame where it doesn't belong, i will too.

Let's take it to extremes, shall we?

Fact: Cutlet threw too many INT's. Marshall dropped too many catches. Defense sucked. BIG time.

Next? You can't blame one side of the ball when both STUNK.

Offense = 2nd in yards, 16th in points. That's a problem.

topscribe
02-08-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm not...I won't ignore the problems we have on offense, but Cutler and Marshall are not those problems. No running game is the problem. The lack of defense that made the offense win EVERY game...that was the problem

Well no, the Broncos have a fine running game. Hillis, Tater, and Selvin were
fantastic until they were injured (well, Tater wasn't injured). The problem was
not a lack of running game. It was freak injuries. As I noted earlier, we have
no reason to expect that on a yearly basis. In my 50-some-odd years of
watching and playing football, I have never seen that. And I don't really
expect to see that again.

Yes, the Broncos did have running problems at times. But it was because of
those injuries and a very young O-line learning how to block, which they
really came on in the latter part of the season, as Hillis' and Tater's YPCs
revealed.

-----

spikerman
02-08-2009, 10:14 PM
First of all, I like Ben. I'm a fan of his. I think he's a good kid and a good (not
great, but good) QB.

But the Steelers won the SB in 2005 in spite of him. He did his best to blow it.
Period. But he did play well that year (especially against us :mad: ) . . . as a
game manager. He did not have to take his team on his back and win it for
them. That is a fact.

-----I actually agree with everything you said. Roethlisberger was awful in the SB, but throughout that year he played well, not great, but well. I think Cutler's biggest problem now is his decision making. He still makes poor choices. He probably has too much confidence in his arm. That's one are where Roethlisberger has him. I think he understands his limitations more than Cutler does. I would like to see Cutler develop into more of a game manager (a-la Brady or Roethlisberger) than gunslinger (a-la Favre).

How devestating would he be if he could become that game manager with the skills he has?

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I actually agree with everything you said. Roethlisberger was awful in the SB, but throughout that year he played well, not great, but well. I think Cutler's biggest problem now is his decision making. He still makes poor choices. He probably has too much confidence in his arm. That's one are where Roethlisberger has him. I think he understands his limitations more than Cutler does. I would like to see Cutler develop into more of a game manager (a-la Brady or Roethlisberger) than gunslinger (a-la Favre).

How devestating would he be if he could become that game manager with the skills he has?

I think Cutler and Marshall need to learn how to be calm and manage the game. They both looked nervous and stressed.

nj10
02-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Well no, the Broncos have a fine running game. Hillis, Tater, and Selvin were
fantastic until they were injured (well, not Tater). The problem was not a lack
of running game. It was freak injuries. As I noted earlier, we have no reason
to expect that on a yearly basis. In my 50-some-odd years of watching and
playing football, I have never seen that. And I don't really expect to see that
again.

Yes, the Broncos did have running problems at times. But it was because of
those injuries and a very young O-line learning how to block, which they
really came on in the latter part of the season, as Hillis' and Tater's YPCs
revealed.

-----

I'm on the Hillis bandwagon for sure. But that just proves my point. When he was starting, we had a running game. And (for Broncoejoe) Cutler's W-L looked fantastic. I don't think Selvin ever looked fantastic this year, and we all know that Tater is unreliable. We had NO RUNNING GAME...and it was a result of injuries, but regardless a reliable running game was not there for us this year minus the Hillis starts.

topscribe
02-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Let's take it to extremes, shall we?

Fact: Cutlet threw too many INT's. Marshall dropped too many catches. Defense sucked. BIG time.

Next? You can't blame one side of the ball when both STUNK.

Offense = 2nd in yards, 16th in points. That's a problem.

Thank you. That is what I have been trying to say. They both were at fault.

But I'm not going to throw a 2nd year QB under the bus because he played
like a 2nd year QB at times. Because he played like a 10-year vet at other
times. I believe he did a stellar job for all the pressure that was put on him.
Yes, he needs to improve. That's called being a young QB.

-----

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:20 PM
I hope Josh McDaniels is reading our forum in here. :D

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Yes, he needs to improve. ...

-----
That's all I was looking for.

topscribe
02-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I actually agree with everything you said. Roethlisberger was awful in the SB, but throughout that year he played well, not great, but well. I think Cutler's biggest problem now is his decision making. He still makes poor choices. He probably has too much confidence in his arm. That's one are where Roethlisberger has him. I think he understands his limitations more than Cutler does. I would like to see Cutler develop into more of a game manager (a-la Brady or Roethlisberger) than gunslinger (a-la Favre).

Probably what is helping Ben to understand his limitations more is because he
has more limitations. :whoknows:

But no, I don't want Cutler to be a Brady-type manager. He doesn't have to
be: his physical talents are immensely greater than Brady's, or Peytons or
Ben's, for that matter. I just think he needs a better defense so he doesn't
have to feel as if he has to take chances to win games. Then I believe you
will see him taking less chances by default. :noidea:

-----

nj10
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Though he could use improvement, he is still one of the top young quarterbacks in many years, and I am proud of him. Also I can't wait to see what he can do with an excellent running game and a solid defense to back him up.

And that's all I was looking for.

spikerman
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
If he doesn't already know the things we're saying then this team has big problems. :D

topscribe
02-08-2009, 10:24 PM
That's all I was looking for.

I got out of you what I wanted to hear, and you got out of me what you wanted to hear. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

topscribe
02-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Why? You think he might have something to gain by studying insanity? :lol:

-----

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 10:26 PM
And that's all I was looking for.

As I stated in another thread, I was pissed when Shanahan was fired.

Now, I'm OK with it. We had a running game. We just didn't use it.

P.S. If you're going to edit my post, at least admit it.

spikerman
02-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Probably what is helping Ben to understand his limitations more is because he
has more limitations. :whoknows:

But no, I don't want Cutler to be a Brady-type manager. He doesn't have to
be: his physical talents are immensely greater than Brady's, or Peytons or
Ben's, for that matter. I just think he needs a better defense so he doesn't
have to feel as if he has to take chances to win games. Then I believe you
will see him taking less chances by default. :noidea:

-----They manage the game because they make smart decisions. They don't "force" the ball. That's what Cutler needs to do. If he's smart with the ball, the big play will be there - he doesn't have to take as many chances. He has the big arm to get it there when he needs it, he doesn't need to force it.

FWIW, you will never see me stick up for that abomination of a "defense" that was on the field this year. ;)

nj10
02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I got out of you what I wanted to hear, and you got out of me what you wanted to hear. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

and I still believe that I am absolutely right...we all got what we wanted.

omac
02-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Right. You are hanging onto an individual player's W-L record, among 53 other
players, with the worst defense in the league, and I'm wishing on a star.

Whatever. I'm done. :tsk:

-----

Don't let it get to you, top. Most of us here know you're one of the most objective posters on the board. You even criticize players that you're fond of.

Some examples for taking a QBs record primarily from win-loss, and not taking the whole team into consideration:

Jake Plummer :

Arizona (30 wins - 52 losses, 5 losing seasons in 6 seasons, more TDs than INTs in only 1 season, 90 TDs - 114 INTs, 20 or more INTs in 4 seasons; terrible defenses);

Denver (39 wins - 15 losses, 71 TDs - 47 INTs, 4 winning seasons in 4; solid defenses)

Rex Grossman :

Bears, 2006 (13 wins - 3 losses, 23 TDs - 20 INTs, superbowl appearance; against Cardinals, Rex went 0 TDs - 4 INTs - 2 fumbles - no offensive TD scored - Bears win - Grossman got the win :D )

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 10:30 PM
P.S. NJ: I don't want another Bret Favre here. Great QB that only won one superbowl.

I want more. I want less INT's and more wins.

Anything else?

topscribe
and I still believe that I am absolutely right...we all got what we wanted.

Actually, I'm going hot and cold with you.

I see you're a Broncos fan. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

I see you're a Red Raiders fan. :eviltongue:

:D

-----

Nature Boy

Brutally honest. A little too honest. I wouldn't go as far as Brandon Marshall sucks but he does not have hands like Steve Smith or Larry Fitzgerald.

You would think someone who is 6'4.5'' with huge hands should have zero problems handling anything thrown at him. Maybe the McDonalds bag slipping incident has left him without 100% feeling in his hands yet. Or maybe that's just his excuse.

I think some extra practice catching 60mph balls from the ball machine will help him with his butterfingers.

Or do what Jerry Rice used to do, catch Bricks for a couple hours a day.

Yea, Cutler and Marshall didn't have a good day. Cutler had a chance to win the game at the end and show everyone how great he can be, but he failed and Marshall's dropped pass at the end did not help. That pass was a bullet however, but still should have been caught. They're suppose to be pro-bowlers.

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Why? You think he might have something to gain by studying insanity? :lol:

-----

Well. Our forum can gain McDaniels' knowledge. :beer:

topscribe
02-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Don't let it get to you, top.

I am so ............. hurt .............. :Cry:

-----

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Brutally honest. A little too honest. I wouldn't go as far as Brandon Marshall sucks but he does not have hands like Steve Smith or Larry Fitzgerald.

You would think someone who is 6'4.5'' with huge hands should have zero problems handling anything thrown at him. Maybe the McDonalds bag slipping incident has left him without 100% feeling in his hands yet. Or maybe that's just his excuse.

I think some extra practice catching 60mph balls from the ball machine will help him with his butterfingers.

Or do what Jerry Rice used to do, catch Bricks for a couple hours a day.

Yea, Cutler and Marshall didn't have a good day. Cutler had a chance to win the game at the end and show everyone how great he can be, but he failed and Marshall's dropped pass at the end did not help. That pass was a bullet however, but still should have been caught. They're suppose to be pro-bowlers.

I agreed with you. They need to draft a stud wide receiver.

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Just upgrade on defense and wide receivers.

nj10
02-08-2009, 10:35 PM
P.S. NJ: I don't want another Bret Favre here. Great QB that only won one superbowl.

I want more. I want less INT's and more wins.

Anything else?

and if Cutler only wins one...that puts him +1 on Marino. I concede that less INTs would be nice but teams win football games, not quarterbacks. I'm really old school and I believe defense and a stellar running game is what wins championships. The fact that Cutler did as well as he did without much of a dose of either I think speaks volumes to how he's coming along as a QB. and I also know that Marshall had alot to do with that.

Nature Boy
02-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I agreed with you. They need to draft a stud wide receiver.

We wouldn't want to start drafting like the Detroit Lions now. Stud WRs coming out of college is no guarantee.

Maybe better just to sign one. Someone like Anquan Boldin to play side by side with Marshall and move Eddie into the slot as he is best in that spot.

But I'd rather dish whatever money Bowlen has on the defense.

nj10
02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
We're all set at WR! Draft defense!

Nature Boy
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Maybe B. Marshall just needs to buy better sticky gloves. Ones that slowly secrets sticky glue as it heats up with moisture. :D

NameUsedBefore
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Um, you get as much useful information evaluating the Pro Bowl as you do from the first preseason game's coin toss.

spikerman
02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Um, you get as much useful information evaluating the Pro Bowl as you do from the first preseason game's coin toss.
Don't underestimate what you can learn about an opponent from the coin toss! :D

Nature Boy

Yea, but Marshall still dropped a bunch of passes and was not able to plant his foot in the end zone.

Magnificent Seven
We wouldn't want to start drafting like the Detroit Lions now. Stud WRs coming out of college is no guarantee.

Maybe better just to sign one. Someone like Anquan Boldin to play side by side with Marshall and move Eddie into the slot as he is best in that spot.

But I'd rather dish whatever money Bowlen has on the defense.

I agreed. Sign Anquan Boldin and Julius Peppers? Sounds good to me. :salute:

nj10
02-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Don't underestimate what you can learn about an opponent from the coin toss! :D

According to some around here Marshall would even drop the coin toss.

Nature Boy
02-08-2009, 10:47 PM
I agreed. Sign Anquan Boldin and Julius Peppers? Sounds good to me. :salute:

Sign Albert Hayneworth and Ray Lewis too while were at it. Also draft Rey Muauluga too.

Let's see who else...

fcspikeit
02-08-2009, 10:49 PM

tia.

No one thing will ever be 100% of the problem, that's exactly how you made it sound when you used the win loss record to try and prove Cutler wasn't playing well, as if winning and losing those games was 100% on Cutler...

Also, how many balls did Cutler throw compared to the league average? Now, how many INT's did he have compared to attempts? Finally, how does that % stacks up against the rest of the league? Then get back to me ;)... TIA

Nature Boy
02-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Can't imagine why his head isn't in the meaningless vacation game, the same week he proposed to his girlfriend.

That should have been the extra incentive to concentrate more. That $22.5k would have paid for that rock on his girl's fingers.

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Sign Albert Hayneworth and Ray Lewis too while were at it. Also draft Rey Muauluga too.

Let's see who else...

QB:

Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
QB Charlie Batch UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
QB Brock Berlin RFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
QB Kyle Boller UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
QB Matt Cassel UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
QB Kerry Collins UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
QB Bruce Eugene RFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB Charlie Frye UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
QB Jeff Garcia UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB David Garrard UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
QB Rex Grossman UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Gibran Hamdan UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
QB J.P. Losman UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
QB Luke McCown UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB J.T. O'Sullivan UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
QB Kyle Orton UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Patrick Ramsey UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
QB Kurt Warner UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
QB Anthony Wright UFA New York Giants Free Agent

WR:

WR Miles Austin RFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
WR Hank Baskett RFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
WR Shaun Bodiford RFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
WR Marques Colston RFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
WR Bobby Engram UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
WR Jabar Gaffney UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
WR Rod Gardner UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
WR Dante' Hall UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
WR Devery Henderson UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
WR Sam Hurd RFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
WR Justin Jenkins RFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
WR Brandon Jones UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
WR Dane Looker UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
WR Shaun McDonald UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
WR Lance Moore UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
WR Johnnie Morant UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
WR Ben Obomanu RFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
WR Terrell Owens UFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
WR Roscoe Parrish UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
WR Maurice Price RFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
WR Koren Robinson UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
WR Dominique Thompson UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
WR Amani Toomer UFA New York Giants Free Agent
WR Jeff Webb RFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
WR Demetrius Williams RFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
WR Mike Williams UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
WR Cedrick Wilson UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
WR Wallace Wright RFA New York Jets Free Agent

PK:

PK Robbie Gould UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
PK Shayne Graham UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
PK Jason Hanson UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
PK Tyler Jones UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
PK John Kasay UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
PK Mike Nugent UFA New York Jets Free Agent
PK Matt Stover UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
OL:

OT Jordan Black UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
OT Mike Brisiel ERFA Houston Texans Free Agent
OL Rashad Butler RFA Houston Texans Free Agent
OT Vernon Carey UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
OG Cooper Carlisle UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
OG Kirk Chambers UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
OT Richard Collier RFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
OT Marc Colombo UFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
OT Willie Colon RFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
OG Harvey Dahl UFA Atlanta Falcons Free Agent
OT Anthony Davis UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
OL Damane Duckett UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
OL Jahri Evans RFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
OT Dan Federkeil RFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
OT George Foster UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
OL Renardo Foster UFA Atlanta Falcons Free Agent
OG Mike Goff UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent
OG Chris Gray UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
OG Eric Heitmann UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
OG Russ Hochstein UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
OG Richie Incognito UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
OT Adrian Jones UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
OG Pete Kendall UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
OG Matt Lehr UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
OG Seth McKinney UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
OL Will Montgomery RFA New York Jets Free Agent
OL Chris Morris RFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
OT Frank Omiyale UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
OT Mike Otto RFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
OL Tony Palmer RFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
OL Duke Preston UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
OT Jon Runyan UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
OG Blaine Saipaia UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
OG Mark Setterstrom RFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
OT Marvel Smith UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
OT John St. Clair UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
OT Jon Stinchcomb UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
OL Zach Strief RFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
OT Mark Tauscher UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
OT Tra Thomas UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
OT Seth Wand UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
OG Fred Weary UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
OT Chris L. White UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
OT Ray Willis UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
OG Tony Wragge RFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent

DL:

DL Victor Adeyanju RFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
DL Jonathan Babineaux UFA Atlanta Falcons Free Agent
DL Bertrand Berry UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
DL Ray Blagman ERFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
DL Copeland Bryan RFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
DL Kevin Carter UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
DL Shaun Cody UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
DL Dwan Edwards UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
DL Demetric Evans UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
DL Fred Evans RFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
DL Ronald Fields UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
DL La'Roi Glover UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
DL Kedric Golston RFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
DL Howard Green UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
DL Otis Grigsby RFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
DL Tommie Harris UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
DL Jason Hunter RFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
DL Tank Johnson UFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
DL Antwan Lake UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
DL Louis Leonard ERFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
DL Tony McDaniel RFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
DL Rob Meier UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
DL Jayme Mitchell RFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
DL Anthony Montgomery RFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
DL Mike Montgomery UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
DL Eric M. Moore UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
DL C.J. Mosley UFA New York Jets Free Agent
DL Ryan Neill ERFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
DL Rob Ninkovich RFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
DL Julius Peppers UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
DL Kenny Peterson UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
DL Ryan Sims UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
DL Paul Spicer UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
DL Michael Strahan UFA New York Giants Free Agent
DL John Thornton UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
DL Marcus Tubbs UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
DL Jyles Tucker RFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent
DL Kenechi Udeze UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
DL Jimmy Verdon RFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
DL Kevin Vickerson UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
DL Gabe Watson RFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
DL Jeff Zgonina UFA Houston Texans Free Agent

Magnificent Seven
LB:

LB Colin Allred RFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
LB James Anderson RFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
LB Eric Barton UFA New York Jets Free Agent
LB Monty Beisel UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
LB Khary Campbell UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
LB Anthony Cannon RFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
LB Ryan Claridge UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
LB Dan Cody UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
LB Jorge Cordova UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
LB Channing Crowder UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
LB Angelo Crowell UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
LB John DiGiorgio RFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
LB Keith Ellison RFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
LB Troy Evans UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
LB James Farrior UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
LB Tyjuan Hagler UFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
LB Kevin Harrison RFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
LB Michael Hawkes UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
LB Kyries Hebert UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
LB LeRoy Hill UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
LB Brian Iwuh RFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
LB Larry Izzo UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
LB Clint Kriewaldt UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
LB Jason Kyle UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
LB Kenard Lang UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
LB Paris Lenon UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
LB Ray Lewis UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
LB Darrell McClover UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
LB Willie McGinest UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
LB Marvin Mitchell RFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
LB Quentin Moses ERFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
LB Marques Murrell RFA New York Jets Free Agent
LB Sam Olajubutu RFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
LB Mike Peterson UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
LB Brady Poppinga UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
LB Nick Roach ERFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
LB Bart Scott UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
LB Cody Spencer UFA New York Jets Free Agent
LB Pat Thomas UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
LB Zach Thomas UFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
LB Pago Togafau RFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
LB Jonathan Vilma UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
LB Mark Washington ERFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
LB Nate Webster UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
LB Sam Williams UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
LB Rod Wilson UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent

DB:

FS Mike Adams UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
FS Will Allen UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
CB Nnamdi Asomugha UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
FS Rashad Baker UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
FS Ron Bartell UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
FS Patrick Body UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
CB Tyron Brackenridge RFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
SS Mike Brown UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
CB Phillip Buchanon UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
CB Jarrett Bush RFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
SS Sean Considine UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
CB Jason Craft UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
FS Chris Crocker UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
CB Travis Daniels UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
FS Brian Dawkins UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
CB Kevin Dockery RFA New York Giants Free Agent
SS Reed Doughty RFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
SS Abram Elam UFA New York Jets Free Agent
CB Demarcus Rump Rangergins UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
CB Cortland Finnegan RFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
CB Chris Gamble UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
SS Josh Gattis ERFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
CB Andre' Goodman UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
CB Charles Gordon RFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
CB Jabari Greer UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
CB Brent Grimes UFA Atlanta Falcons Free Agent
CB Antoine Harris ERFA Atlanta Falcons Free Agent
SS Rodney Harrison UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
CB Kelvin Hayden UFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
FS Renaldo Hill UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
CB Kevin Hobbs RFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
CB Daven Holly UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
CB Corey Ivy UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
SS Herana-Daze Jones UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
SS Sean Jones UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
CB Eric King UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
SS Dawan Landry RFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
FS Anthony Madison RFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
CB Derrick Martin RFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
CB Bryant McFadden UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
SS Jon McGraw UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
CB R.W. McQuarters UFA New York Giants Free Agent
CB Justin Miller UFA New York Jets Free Agent
SS Lawyer Milloy UFA Atlanta Falcons Free Agent
FS Jarrad Page RFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
CB Dimitri Patterson RFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent
CB Bruce Perry UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
SS Jermaine Phillips UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
CB David Pittman RFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
CB Keiwan Ratliff UFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
CB Lamont Reid UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
SS Chris Reis RFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
SS Kerry Rhodes UFA New York Jets Free Agent
CB Dunta Robinson UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
CB Ramzee Robinson ERFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
CB Allen Rossum UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
SS James Sanders UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
SS Darren Sharper UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
FS Anthony Smith RFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
CB Duane Starks UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
CB Scott Starks UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
CB Leigh Torrence UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
FS C.J. Wallace RFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
CB Brandon Williams UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
CB Tramon Williams ERFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
FS George Wilson UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent

Magnificent Seven
There you go.

BroncoJoe
02-08-2009, 10:54 PM

Yep. Cutler throwing an INT and Brandon dropping a few passes was nothing like the regular season.

:rolleyes:

Nature Boy
02-08-2009, 10:54 PM
There you go.

I was only looking for the blue chip players. The guys that played today in Hawaii.

What about Terrell Suggs?

Lonestar
02-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Personally I don't care much about what happens in the pro bowl, but Marshall's drops throughout the season and today really concern me. IMHO, it's inexcusable for a guy to consistantly drop the ball when he's paid millions of dollars to catch it. I would hope there would be a huge improvement next year. McDaniels had better have Marshall working on the juggs machine all day every day during the off season.

Cutler wasn't impressive, but it is what it is. He has a ways to go in his development. Hopefully he'll get there.

perhaps he needs to work the juggs machine between his ears more than his hands..

Catching the ball is more mental than physical in this case IMO..

Yes Jay needs to grow into the game mentally also it is apparent he has the talent..

Dreadnought
02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
My total interest in the Pro Bowl boils down to this.

Did any of our guys get hurt? No? Then they had a good Pro Bowl.

Nature Boy
02-08-2009, 10:59 PM
QB:

Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
QB Charlie Batch UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
QB Brock Berlin RFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
QB Kyle Boller UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
QB Matt Cassel UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
QB Kerry Collins UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
QB Bruce Eugene RFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB Charlie Frye UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
QB Jeff Garcia UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB David Garrard UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
QB Rex Grossman UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Gibran Hamdan UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
QB J.P. Losman UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent
QB Luke McCown UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
QB J.T. O'Sullivan UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
QB Kyle Orton UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Patrick Ramsey UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
QB Kurt Warner UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
QB Anthony Wright UFA New York Giants Free Agent

How accurate or up-dated is that list?

"On April 7, 2008 it was announced that the Jaguars and Garrard had agreed to a contract extension, worth $60 million for 6 years."

Lonestar
02-08-2009, 11:02 PM
My total interest in the Pro Bowl boils down to this.

Did any of our guys get hurt? No? Then they had a good Pro Bowl.

Lets just hope that going to the pro bowl does not over inflater already huge egos come contract time..

Perhaps the poor showing will deflate them somewhat..

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
How accurate or up-dated is that list?

"On April 7, 2008 it was announced that the Jaguars and Garrard had agreed to a contract extension, worth $60 million for 6 years."

I got it from http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php

Nature Boy
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Under the weather? The weather was sunny and hot in Hawaii as always so that can't be the issue. :D

They did say his blood sugar was low all day and that he had to drink extra Gatorade.

I'm pretty sure his sugar level had nothing to do with it. The O-line did not play that great, particularly on that INT where he had no business throwing and Marshall's butterfingers didn't help.

Yep, they did not represent the Broncos too well, especially playing next to the best players in the league. Especially Marshall who did not live up to his hype.

fcspikeit
02-08-2009, 11:07 PM

Cutler put up better #'s then Roethlisberger this year.. :confused:

Look at the INT % per attempt... :listen:

BeefStew25
02-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Well, I guess if we want to win a super bowl, we are going to need to coax Dilfer out of retirement. He was a winner. For one year at least.

skycoyote
02-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes he's a stone hands. I'm afraid that our trouble's are worse than originally thought. Carbtree at #12? lol

Magnificent Seven
02-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes he's a stone hands. I'm afraid that our trouble's are worse than originally thought. Carbtree at #12? lol

I hope! :D

skycoyote
02-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey Mag Seven, where only one player away from the superbowl. LMAO

honz
02-08-2009, 11:48 PM
LMAO. Some sports fans are funny.

dogfish
02-08-2009, 11:57 PM

geez, i guess 206 catches for 2590 yards and 13 TDs over the last two years doesn't go as far as it used to. . .

ahh well-- i think we all know how much value to place on the opinions of a fan who calls it "the touchdown zone". . . .

:lol: :lol:

sneakers
02-09-2009, 12:03 AM

He isn't in Nate Burllison territory yet.

Broncolingus
02-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Brandon Marshall sux...

Bowl-en should fire him tomorrow too...

Dean
02-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Did anyone else but me get a serious case of deja vu when they interviewed Peyton Manning on the side lines? He said exactly, word for word, about Tony G that he had said about Brandon M a few days ago.

So much for honest, forthright evaluation of his team mates.

topscribe
02-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Did anyone else but me get a serious case of deja vu when they interviewed Peyton Manning on the side lines? He said exactly, word for word, about Tony G that he had said about Brandon M a few days ago.

I missed that. What did he say?

-----

Shazam!
02-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Two words- Kerry Collins.

ikillz0mbies
02-09-2009, 12:33 AM
I wonder if Triandos Luke and Darius Watts are available.....

Shazam!
02-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Marcus Nash would have been huge.

honz
02-09-2009, 12:44 AM

Well they are both really big receiving targets are they not?

oobehr
02-09-2009, 12:50 AM
All I could think while watching this game was why were so many defenders able to get to the quaterback when they aren't allowed to blitz, then I see kerry colins drop a fumble and cutler throw an interception because their blind side wasn't being very good. Then I remembered OH WAIT, clady isn't there. When was the last time we saw Cutler feel any pressure from the left side?

Ziggy
02-09-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't usually care much about what happens in a pro bowl game, but what happened today with BMarsh happened all season. The fact is, that he did drop 12 passes in 15 games. That's too many. Is it a mental problem, or perhaps a nerve damage problem? I'm still not sure that the hand that he cut has completely healed or ever will. Dropping passes may be a problem he has for the rest of his career.

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Two words- Kerry Collins.

Two words- Vince Young. I think he would be a good back up QB for Cutler.

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Or.... another two words- Plaxico Burress

omac
02-09-2009, 02:06 AM

For a back-up, you pick the guy who's poor at reading defenses, and can only run simplified offenses to take over if Jay gets hurt ... in a McDaniels passing offense?

Foochacho
02-09-2009, 02:22 AM

Might as well have bradley van pelt backing him up.

WARHORSE
02-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Somebody do us all a favor and close this thread.

Send it to Afghanistan or someplace nearby.

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2009, 03:16 AM
For a back-up, you pick the guy who's poor at reading defenses, and can only run simplified offenses to take over if Jay gets hurt ... in a McDaniels passing offense?

Vince Young is a good mobile quarterback. Denver loves mobile-quarterback and I can believe that Vince Young can improve his weakness. He is much better than Patrick Ramsey. I can't stand Ramsey anymore.

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Somebody do us all a favor and close this thread.

Send it to Afghanistan or someplace nearby.

Sorry, buddy. You can't face the truth? It is time for them to wake up and do the Deja Vu!

Northman
02-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Man, two very young and talented players in their first pro-bowl appearance after just a couple of years sucking. Its armageddon.

LRtagger
02-09-2009, 09:57 AM

Or.... another two words- Plaxico Burress

http://phinphanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/madden09.jpg

omac
02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Vince Young is a good mobile quarterback. Denver loves mobile-quarterback and I can believe that Vince Young can improve his weakness. He is much better than Patrick Ramsey. I can't stand Ramsey anymore.

Vince Young's main weakness, reading defenses, is the primary skill needed in McDaniels' pocket passing spread offense. Vince Young might've been able to develop into a Plummer type QB in the offense Plummer ran, if he could throw on the run as well as Plummer did. So far, Vince likes to stop and set before throwing a pass, something he wouldn't have the luxury of doing in Denver's former designed plays.

Besides the questionable stability of Vince Young's psyche, it was rumored (or was that reported?) that he rebuffed Kerry Collins' attempts at teaching him some things about quarterbacking. That doesn't sound like anyone we'd like to have on our bench.

Northman
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
geez, i guess 206 catches for 2590 yards and 13 TDs over the last two years doesn't go as far as it used to. . .

ahh well-- i think we all know how much value to place on the opinions of a fan who calls it "the touchdown zone". . . .

:lol: :lol:

Pfft, dont you know? I did that last week alone. Marshall is my bitch.

Max Power
02-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Will be long gone, my guess is to KC at #3.

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Vince Young's main weakness, reading defenses, is the primary skill needed in McDaniels' pocket passing spread offense. Vince Young might've been able to develop into a Plummer type QB in the offense Plummer ran, if he could throw on the run as well as Plummer did. So far, Vince likes to stop and set before throwing a pass, something he wouldn't have the luxury of doing in Denver's former designed plays.

Besides the questionable stability of Vince Young's psyche, it was rumored (or was that reported?) that he rebuffed Kerry Collins' attempts at teaching him some things about quarterbacking. That doesn't sound like anyone we'd like to have on our bench.

Who would you like to have Cutler's back up QB?

JKcatch724
02-09-2009, 03:30 PM

Let's get Tom Brady to be our backup!! He knows McDaniels system and the Pats like Cassel! I think we should do it! :rolleyes:

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Let's get Tom Brady to be our backup!! He knows McDaniels system and the Pats like Cassel! I think we should do it! :rolleyes:

Ha! In your dream.

LRtagger
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Rofl

Thnikkaman
02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Man, the posters on this board during the pro bowl suck. Jumbled thoughts, putting too much importance on what they do on this board, not thinking their arguments through and mis-interpreting others comments. We should all be cut.

Dreadnought
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Man, the posters on this board during the pro bowl suck. Jumbled thoughts, putting too much importance on what they do on this board, not thinking their arguments through and mis-interpreting others comments. We should all be cut.

And the good news is 6 more months of off Season posting in the football section. Good Lord.

CoachChaz
02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
And the good news is 6 more months of off Season posting in the football section. Good Lord.

Well...6 more months of over-analyzing the Broncos or 6 more months of discussing Facebook games and Tales of the Very Stupid.

We all pick our poison.

Dreadnought
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Well...6 more months of over-analyzing the Broncos or 6 more months of discussing Facebook games and Tales of the Very Stupid.

We all pick our poison.

There are no good answers, Coach, I agree. But I will say that a thread titled "Brandon Marshall Sucks" was never going to be all that promising.

Zweems56
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM

We all pick our poison.

I always found it funny how at the freak everyone used to complain about the idiots, and would say "just wait till the season starts, its not like this then." But then the idiots come back with crackpot theories. Doesn't matter waht part of the season we're at, we'll still over-analyze them.

CoachChaz
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
There are no good answers, Coach, I agree. But I will say that a thread titled "Brandon Marshall Sucks" was never going to be all that promising.

Agreed. Some poeple should probably think a little longer before saying something...then again, I think we are all guilty of that.

topscribe
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM

Well, what I am finding is that when one tries to be neutral here and present
objective figures and arguments, one finds oneself at odds with both sides of
the argument.

Lesson: If you are neutral and objective, hold your peace. You're getting in
the middle of a dog fight, and both dogs will bite . . .

-----

CoachChaz
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Woof, woof

topscribe
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Woof, woof

lol

-----

Thnikkaman
02-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Honestly, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't come to this board. Just taking the opportunity to point and laugh. :wave:

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2009, 04:49 PM
I am going forget Marshall and move on. Therefore, I look forward to seeing more actions from Eddie Royal in this season.

Northman
02-09-2009, 04:52 PM

Just get me to the Mock Draft and my head will stop hurting.

spikerman
02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
According to some around here Marshall would even drop the coin toss.
I think he would catch it as long as the coin toss takes place at the 50 and not in the end zone. I kid, I kid!!!!!

Lonestar
02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I think he would catch it as long as the coin toss takes place at the 50 and not in the end zone. I kid, I kid!!!!!

makes more sense than most of the posts..

spikerman
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Cutler put up better #'s then Roethlisberger this year.. :confused:

Look at the INT % per attempt... :listen:

And yet Roethlisberger is walking away with a ring. I guess sometimes it's about more than numbers. I know Roethlisberger has a MUCH better team around him, but he still did what he was asked to do.

I definitely think Cutler has much more physical ability than Roethlisberger. I just hope he learns that he can't always make something out of nothing. Once he does that, he'll be on his way.

spikerman
02-09-2009, 05:59 PM

Not to mention he throws the ball underhanded.

topscribe
02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
And yet Roethlisberger is walking away with a ring. I guess sometimes it's about more than numbers. I know Roethlisberger has a MUCH better team around him, but he still did what he was asked to do.

I definitely think Cutler has much more physical ability than Roethlisberger. I just hope he learns that he can't always make something out of nothing. Once he does that, he'll be on his way.

Well, once again, I'm not sure if Roethlisberger has ever learned that.

Considering the team for whom he plays, he hasn't had to . . .

-----

spikerman
02-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, once again, I'm not sure if Roethlisberger has ever learned that.

Considering the team for whom he plays, he hasn't had to . . .

-----No doubt he benefits from having a great team around him, but I do think that it's impressive that he doesn't get frustrated and try to force the ball. That's what Cutler has to learn.

spikerman
02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Well, what I am finding is that when one tries to be neutral here and present
objective figures and arguments, one finds oneself at odds with both sides of
the argument.

Lesson: If you are neutral and objective, hold your peace. You're getting in
the middle of a dog fight, and both dogs will bite . . .

-----I officiate HS football and we always say that if we walk off the field and both coaches are mad at us then we've done a good job.

JKcatch724
02-09-2009, 06:59 PM

Surely you meant to say "touchdown zone" ;)

Grover
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I'd rather have Brandon Marshall on this team, even if it cost a few million $ more per year, than a host of other Receivers I've "rooted" for in the past few years.

David Kircus
Todd Devoe
Triandos Luke
David Terrell
Daruis Watts
Ashley Lelie
Javon Walker

Magnificent Seven
02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I'd rather have Brandon Marshall on this team, even if it cost a few million $ more per year, than a host of other Receivers I've "rooted" for in the past few years.

David Kircus
Todd Devoe
Triandos Luke
David Terrell
Daruis Watts
Ashley Lelie
Javon Walker

David Kircus was good

Lonestar
02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Sometimes it is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool,

than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt..
Dale Carnegie.. How to Win Friends and Influence People..

Den21vsBal19
02-09-2009, 08:37 PM
On the bright side.....Cutler did a good job of handing the ball through the legs of the offensive lineman......for the go ahead TD...:rolleyes:.......is that why he "earned" the probowl trip??????......to hand the ball through the legs of his offensive lineman??? lol
Somebody on the coaching staff most have been watching M*A*S*H :lol:

spikerman
02-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Sometimes it is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool,

than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt..

People tell me that a lot. I can't figure out why. :confused:

omac
02-10-2009, 03:33 AM

Who I'd want are people we probably can't have anyway. Kerry Collins would've been great, but he's a starter now, and that doesn't look like it's gonna change. Maybe Sage Rosenfells if McDaniels can teach him to play under control; sometimes, when he's having a good game, he suddenly believes he's a superstar then all sorts of bad things happen. :D

For the young backups, I'd take Brennan, who was actually pretty good at reading defenses, and is used to spread offenses, as that's similar to what he was using in his college career in Hawaii. If we can get either backup of GB, Flynn or Brohm, I think McDaniels can do wonders with them. Brohm was an excellent passer in college in a spread offense. That will be very similar to what McDaniels ran in NE and probably will run in Denver.

Worse case scenario, Doogie turns Ramsey into a more than decent backup. :cheers:

omac
02-10-2009, 03:38 AM
David Kircus was good

Don't know if you're serious, but I actually thought he had potential. He has good athleticism, saw him diving for a tough Cutler pass in traffic. I think he's got attitude problems, though.

fcspikeit
02-10-2009, 03:42 AM

Roethlisberger did not get his ring because he learned "he can't always make something out of nothing."! He might as well be the poster boy for trying to make something out of nothing! He was criticized for it all year! How many fumbles and int's did he have because he was holding the ball, trying to make something out of nothing?

Seriously, if your going to compare Cutler's #'s to a game manager, there are a lot better choices then Big Ben. Cutler plays a lot like Ben, except IMO Cutler is better at dumping the ball off to avoid the sack and sometimes fumble.

The biggest difference in the 2, is Ben has played on a lot better team. Cutler had a better offense this year, that's why he put up better #'s then Ben, but the defenses aren't even close!

omac
02-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Roethlisberger did not get his ring because he learned "he can't always make something out of nothing."! He might as well be the poster boy for trying to make something out of nothing! He was criticized for it all year! How many fumbles and int's did he have because he was holding the ball, trying to make something out of nothing?

Seriously, if your going to compare Cutler's #'s to a game manager, there are a lot better choices then Big Ben. Cutler plays a lot like Ben, except IMO Cutler is better at dumping the ball off to avoid the sack and sometimes fumble.

The biggest difference in the 2, is Ben has played on a lot better team. Cutler had a better offense this year, that's why he put up better #'s then Ben, but the defenses aren't even close!

Great point! Big Ben will try to force something to try and make things happen almost all the time. He's been burned because of it, and he's won some big games because of it. Big Ben also has the freedom to air it out so much more under Tomlin than he did under Cowher.

CoachChaz
02-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Other than defense, the biggest difference is the offensive line. Go back and see how many of Ben's mistakes were made because he was being drilled on a regular basis.

topscribe
02-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Other than defense, the biggest difference is the offensive line. Go back and see how many of Ben's mistakes were made because he was being drilled on a regular basis.

Okay, so Ben has a reason. Same with Jay. Go back and see how many of
Jay's mistakes were made because he felt he had to take chances because
they were so far behind.

"What's good for the goose . . . "

-----

Northman
02-10-2009, 12:11 PM

His line is pretty bad.

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
His line is pretty bad.

That is very true, but what about in '05 when they one the Super Bowl? They had a much better offensive line '05.

Northman
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
That is very true, but what about in '05 when they one the Super Bowl? They had a much better offensive line '05.

Oh i agree. I was speaking of terms of this year. I watched quite a few Steeler games this year and he was getting punished virtually every week. I like Ben and think he is a great Qb but he does have a great luxury right now to have a solid running attack and great defense. But i would be somewhat shocked if Tomlin didnt try to address that Oline this year because otherwise Ben is going to be going out on a stretcher every week if not.

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh i agree. I was speaking of terms of this year. I watched quite a few Steeler games this year and he was getting punished virtually every week. I like Ben and think he is a great Qb but he does have a great luxury right now to have a solid running attack and great defense. But i would be somewhat shocked if Tomlin didnt try to address that Oline this year because otherwise Ben is going to be going out on a stretcher every week if not.

I agree, and just for the record I'm not saying Ben is a terrible quarterback. But it does look like he is at his best when he can keep his pass attempt between 25-30.

CoachChaz
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Okay, so Ben has a reason. Same with Jay. Go back and see how many of
Jay's mistakes were made because he felt he had to take chances because
they were so far behind.

"What's good for the goose . . . "

-----

Apples and oranges.

There is a difference between throwing a bad pass because you have 3 defenders in your face and throwing a bad pass because you are trying to hit a reciever 20 yards down field with three DB's on him when there is a wide open receiver 15 yards downfield on the other side.

topscribe
02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Apples and oranges.

There is a difference between throwing a bad pass because you have 3 defenders in your face and throwing a bad pass because you are trying to hit a reciever 20 yards down field with three DB's on him when there is a wide open receiver 15 yards downfield on the other side.

The point I am making is if you are down a TD or three, and your defense
can't stop a baby's smile, you are doing nothing to catch up if you have to
take a sack or throw the ball away and then punt. A QB in such a situation
feels a need to make something happen.

I know that there are times when Jay threw a pick or fumbled when not in
such a situation, but there were many other times when they were
significantly behind, and getting further behind.

Regarding Roethlisberger, only one of their four losses this last year was not
close: the 31-14 loss to the Titans. In none of the other games was he
faced with trying to make up a huge deficit. This obviously was not the case
with Cutler.

As you said, it's apples and oranges. The Steelers are a perfect team for a
good manager, and Ben is a very good manager. However, the Broncos didn't
need a manager: they needed a playmaker. Cutler is exactly that, and he will
get better at it as he gains experience.

He'll have to . . .

-----

Thnikkaman
02-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Lets start a new argument.

I think that colour should be spelled this way.

Now someone else say it should be spelled color. Then we can spend 13 pages worth of posts arguing the same point over and over. Coach, why don't you just start copying and pasting your previous post for your next post (I'm not trying to attack you, I think that you are trying to get your point across so hard that at this point, its a lost cause ((feel free to report me if you feel I am unfairly singling you out))). Jebus, this thread is like listening to Colin Cowherd. We all agree, Jay has a lot to learn and he was fortunate to get picked to the pro bowl. We all hope that McDaniels will be the coach to help him get past the crutches that he depends on. Yes, Jay showed the same mistakes in the pro bowl that he did during the regular season. Am I missing anything?

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM

Now someone else say it should be spelled color. Then we can spend 13 pages worth of posts arguing the same point over and over. Coach, why don't you just start copying and pasting your previous post for your next post (I'm not trying to attack you, I think that you are trying to get your point across so hard that at this point, its a lost cause ((feel free to report me if you feel I am unfairly singling you out))). Jebus, this thread is like listening to Colin Cowherd. We all agree, Jay has a lot to learn and he was fortunate to get picked to the pro bowl. We all hope that McDaniels will be the coach to help him get past the crutches that he depends on. Yes, Jay showed the same mistakes in the pro bowl that he did during the regular season. Am I missing anything?

That pretty much covers it.

fcspikeit
02-10-2009, 05:13 PM

Go back and look at how many sacks he got because he held onto the ball for so long. I don't think their line is as good as ours but it looked a lot worse because they were being asked to block for so long, while Ben was trying to make something out of nothing.

fcspikeit
02-10-2009, 05:20 PM

We could at least get back to the thread topic.. :D We already have a thread about how bad Cutler sucked at the Probowl, and according to a few all year. I don't know why we need 2 :confused:

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Go back and look at how many sacks he got because he held onto the ball for so long. I don't think their line is as good as ours but it looked a lot worse because they were being asked to block for so long, while Ben was trying to make something out of nothing.

I heard "talking heads" say that Ben sometimes holds onto the ball a little to long because he's trying to make something out of nothing.

sacmar
02-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Who gives a freakin crap about the damn pro bowl, stupid to risk injury participating in the waste of airtime in the first place. Yea cutler and marshall sucked at the pro bowl let's trade em and watch them curb stomp our ass on another team that's better. Fu&%$ing unbelivable.

topscribe
02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Who gives a freakin crap about the damn pro bowl, stupid to risk injury participating in the waste of airtime in the first place. Yea cutler and marshall sucked at the pro bowl let's trade em and watch them curb stomp our ass on another team that's better. Fu&%$ing unbelivable.

But...but...but... this thread has gone on for 14 pages.

You want to stop all this momentum now? :look:

-----

fcspikeit
02-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I heard "talking heads" say that Ben sometimes holds onto the ball a little to long because he's trying to make something out of nothing.

I have also heard, the reason he holds it so long is because he has a hard time reading the defense before the snap and he needs the extra time..?

Either way, he has a couple rings, Does that mean every QB should mold their play after him? If that be the case, Jay is looking pretty good...

Northman
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM

:lol:

Very true.

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I have also heard, the reason he holds it so long is because he has a hard time reading the defense before the snap and he needs the extra time..?

Either way, he has a couple rings, Does that mean every QB should mold their play after him? If that be the case, Jay is looking pretty good...

Hell no.

Magnificent Seven
02-10-2009, 06:11 PM

You are right. However, I was very embarrassed after I saw Marshall dropped an easy pass from Manning in the touchdown zone. A bunch of friends of mine saw the whole of it and they kept talking about that scene. I was embarrassed and got somewhat pissed off. Therefore, I decided to post it.

Brandon Marshall has dropped 14-17 times in 14-15 in regular games. Moreover, he dropped 3-4 balls in pro bowl. Again, Marshall sucks!

Northman
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
lol

I dont get embarrassed for the Denver Broncos anymore. I dont play on the team so therefore im not accountable for how they perform. You think Marshall dropping a somewhat easy TD is embarrassing? Try sitting though a 55-10 debacle.

broncohead
02-10-2009, 06:19 PM
You are right. However, I was very embarrassed after I saw Marshall dropped an easy pass from Manning in the touchdown zone. A bunch of friends of mine saw the whole of it and they kept talking about that scene. I was embarrassed and got somewhat pissed off. Therefore, I decided to post it.

Brandon Marshall has dropped 14-17 times in 14-15 in regular games. Moreover, he dropped 3-4 balls in pro bowl. Again, Marshall sucks!

You keep thinking that and in a year or two when he IS considered a top 5 WR you'll forget all about this...

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 06:19 PM
lol

I dont get embarrassed for the Denver Broncos anymore. I dont play on the team so therefore im not accountable for how they perform. You think Marshall dropping a somewhat easy TD is embarrassing? Try sitting though a 55-10 debacle.

I've never been embarrassed because a player didn't preform well.

The 55-10 drumming we took at the hands of the 49ers was more frustrating to me than embarrassing.

topscribe
02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
lol

I remember a game like that.

The 49ers played somebody in that one, didn't they?

-----

topscribe
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM

The 55-10 drumming we took at the hands of the 49ers was more frustrating to me than embarrassing.

Delete this post right now!f

You ruined my funny . . .

-----

Northman
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
I remember a game like that.

The 49ers played somebody in that one, didn't they?

-----

My memories a little fuzzy on that one also. :laugh:

topscribe
02-10-2009, 06:22 PM
My memories a little fuzzy on that one also. :laugh:

I'll bet you remember that one like it was this morning . . . :tsk:

-----

Northman
02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
I'll bet you remember that one like it was this morning . . . :tsk:

-----

Nah, nope. Hmmmm... hey Top, look at that chick!!

Im sorry, we're we talking about something? :coffee:

topscribe
02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Nah, nope. Hmmmm... hey Top, look at that chick!!

Im sorry, we're we talking about something? :coffee:

It ain't gonna go away, my friend. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Delete this post right now!f

You ruined my funny . . .

-----

Sorry. :doh:

Mental note to self: Never ruin Top's funny again.

fcspikeit
02-10-2009, 06:38 PM

The worst thing was knowing I would have to face all the 9niner bandwagen fans back then.

That and I knew the talk wouldn't be about the team beat down, it would all be about how Elway got beat down.. :sad:

spikerman
02-10-2009, 06:45 PM
lol

Try sitting through a 55-10 debacle as the only Broncos fan at a Super Bowl party. :pout:

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Try sitting through a 55-10 debacle as the only Broncos fan at a Super Bowl party. :pout:

Ugh.

Magnificent Seven
02-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Broncos have lost to the 49ers in Super Bowl 24. 10-55

I was wondering what went wrong on Broncos? Their defense was horrible? Offensive linemen were horrible?

Den21vsBal19
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Broncos have lost to the 49ers in Super Bowl 24. 10-55

I was wondering what went wrong on Broncos? Their defense was horrible? Offensive linemen were horrible?
Bobby Humphrey forgot his helmet ;)

Threw the whole team out of it's stride :lol:

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Bobby Humphrey forgot his helmet ;)

Threw the whole team out of it's stride :lol:

He did? :confused:

I remember Thurman Thomas did that once in a Super Bowl.

Dean
02-10-2009, 07:04 PM

San Fran certainly made it a long day for any Bronco fan, but I actually felt worse after the Washington/Denver Super Bowl. We jumped out to a 10-0 lead and then a backup quarterback who never really did much after that game just humiliated us 42-10.

spikerman
02-10-2009, 07:05 PM
ugh.
qft!

spikerman
02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
http://broncos.fandome.com/video/75116/Broncos-on-The-Simpsons/

Den21vsBal19
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
There was about a dozen of us at college that sat up in the dining room for that game...................and I was the only one supporting the Broncos :behindsofa:

Den21vsBal19
02-10-2009, 07:20 PM
He did? :confused:

I remember Thurman Thomas do that once in a Super Bowl.
There was definitely a problem with Humphrey on the first drive, I thought it was his helmet, but I could be mistaken.......................I do my best to forget that night ever happened ;)

spikerman
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
There was about a dozen of us at college that sat up in the dining room for that game...................and I was the only one supporting the Broncos :behindsofa:
Oh, I feel for you. At least my experience didn't happen in the middle of the night. My sympathies!

spikerman
02-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Does anybody remember that great play the Broncos had in that game? Yeah, me neither.

Den21vsBal19
02-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh, I feel for you. At least my experience didn't happen in the middle of the night. My sympathies!
At least I was already well lubricated at kickoff ;)

TXBRONC
02-10-2009, 08:47 PM
There was definitely a problem with Humphrey on the first drive, I thought it was his helmet, but I could be mistaken.......................I do my best to forget that night ever happened ;)

Trama of such magnitude is best forgotten.

Den21vsBal19
02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Trama of such magnitude is best forgotten.
Amen to that, brother :laugh:

What were we talking about again :confused: ;)

spikerman
02-10-2009, 08:52 PM
At least I was already well lubricated at kickoff ;)
I wasn't when it started, but I definitely was by the time it ended! :beer: