PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bell at fullback

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Channel 4 reported on pregame that Mike Bell would be at fullback tonight, and then Vic also said that if Bell performs well, that would not be good for either Cecil or Kyle.

Skywalker
08-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Channel 4 reported on pregame that Mike Bell would be at fullback tonight, and then Vic also said that if Bell performs well, that would not be good for either Cecil or Kyle.

Fullback?

Oh well...as long as he does good and earns a roster spot. I want us to keep him :D

TXBRONC
08-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Fullback? Mike goes about 215 lbs that's wee bit small to be playing fullback.

Tned
08-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Fullback? Mike goes about 215 lbs that's wee bit small to be playing fullback.

They are saying on KOA that Bell and Sapp will both be playing FB tonight.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2007, 08:07 PM
They are saying on KOA that Bell and Sapp will both be playing FB tonight.

So, is that saying that this will determine which one of the two stays, and which one goes?

Tned
08-30-2007, 08:11 PM
So, is that saying that this will determine which one of the two stays, and which one goes?

The KOA guys are surmising that is what it means.

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2007, 12:10 AM
I think we keep them all.

I said on another thread..

RB's= Henry, Young, Bell, Sapp

FB's= Johnson, Sapp, Bell.

Good depth at both positions.

Crush05
08-31-2007, 12:13 AM
Hmmm I must be falling on deaf ears!:ear:

Tned
08-31-2007, 12:30 AM
I think we keep them all.

I said on another thread..

RB's= Henry, Young, Bell, Sapp

FB's= Johnson, Sapp, Bell.

Good depth at both positions.

That's a lot of roster spots. If I remember, that is one or two more than last year.

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2007, 12:34 AM
That's a lot of roster spots. If I remember, that is one or two more than last year.

Its only 5 and 3 of them can play special teams.

Didn't we carry the same amount last year?

Bell, Bell, Cobbs

Johnson, Sapp

Crush05
08-31-2007, 12:42 AM

I thought you were going to bed!!!!!!:lie::ahhhhh:

Retired_Member_001
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Mike Bell CANNOT block at all and fullbacks block more than runningbacks. I don't think this is a good move at all. Personally if Mike Bell can't cut it at runningback then he needs to be cut.

Honestly, who in their right mind wants to put Mike Bell at fullback? :shocked:

BigBroncLove
08-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Mike Bell CANNOT block at all and fullbacks block more than runningbacks. I don't think this is a good move at all. Personally if Mike Bell can't cut it at runningback then he needs to be cut.

Honestly, who in their right mind wants to put Mike Bell at fullback? :shocked:

Well I don't think he translates into a great FB in my opinion, but his blocking is very much improved over last season. In 2006 Bells blocking was so-so at best, so was Tatums, and both were contributing factors in a breakdown of pass protection. However, Bell has improved tremendously from what little I've seen of him in the preseason. He is making his reads well, and disrupting pass rushes. As a FB, you have to have the mentality IMO that you want to go out htere and bang some heads. You gotta be mean, and well truthfully, I don't know if BEll has that.... only time will tell, but I prefer Bell at HB, and don't think 2 good preseason showings by a rookie are enough to write him off, but then I'm not a coach....

Skinny
08-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Mikey is just preparing guys for multpile positions in case of injuries from what i gather in this article
SWITCHING ROLES

Selvin Young and Andre Hall, Denver’s fourth- and fifth-string tailbacks, were featured Thursday. Second- and third-string tailbacks Cecil Sapp and Mike Bell didn’t get the night off, however. Sapp and Bell each played fullback, alternating possessions. Sapp played fullback all last season. Bell, back from a hip injury, played only tailback as a rookie last season.

Shanahan said he had Sapp and Bell play fullback in case of injuries at fullback and one of them has to fill in.

“This is a game where you experiment,” Shanahan said.

http://www.gazette.com/sports/alexander_26699___article.html/played_team.html

xX-Bronco-Xx
08-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Reuben Droughns type of fullback? :suspicious:

I honestly cannot see why we are putting him there since he can't block efficiently like a fullback nor have I seen him make a lot of catches. I know the guys story but come on if you don't really need him then release him.

BigBroncLove
08-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Mikey is just preparing guys for multpile positions in case of injuries from what i gather in this article

http://www.gazette.com/sports/alexander_26699___article.html/played_team.html

Good read, thanks skinny.

Retired_Member_001
09-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Well I don't think he translates into a great FB in my opinion, but his blocking is very much improved over last season. In 2006 Bells blocking was so-so at best, so was Tatums, and both were contributing factors in a breakdown of pass protection. However, Bell has improved tremendously from what little I've seen of him in the preseason. He is making his reads well, and disrupting pass rushes. As a FB, you have to have the mentality IMO that you want to go out htere and bang some heads. You gotta be mean, and well truthfully, I don't know if BEll has that.... only time will tell, but I prefer Bell at HB, and don't think 2 good preseason showings by a rookie are enough to write him off, but then I'm not a coach....

Example: If Mike Bell had to block a blitz against the Bears how do you think he would do? Maybe you think he has improved but I don't think he will ever improve to be good enough.

I think you got it spot on when you said he doesn't have that mean, hard man mentality... on the other hand do Kyle Johnson or Cecil Sapp have that mentality?