PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Play of Yesterday's Game

Fullback32
12-19-2011, 12:38 PM
My god, I love this. I can just watch it over and over.

http://youtu.be/Z71qrrSFa5c

OldschoolFreak
12-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Doom's got to go for the strip there.

wayninja
12-19-2011, 01:24 PM
This was awesome, but honestly, I keep thinking about that 40 yard rope to DT in the 4th quarter, I'll see if I can find a video.

NightTrainLayne
12-19-2011, 01:39 PM
This was awesome, but honestly, I keep thinking about that 40 yard rope to DT in the 4th quarter, I'll see if I can find a video.

What I REALLY loved on that play, is that either DT was not the primary receiver, OR Tebow did a masterful job looking off the safeties/coverage.

My feeling is that DT was down the list as far as primary receiver, but either way, it shows huge progress for a young QB.

Either he is working through his progressions and not locking onto a receiver as much, or he is learning to deceive secondaries with his head. Win/Win.

Top it off with a quick, decisive, laser throw to the sideline. . .

catfish
12-19-2011, 01:41 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-vs-Patriots-BTV-Highlights/0242c3c8-b82e-495d-be7f-ddea898ce696

4:50 in i believe

wayninja
12-19-2011, 01:42 PM
What I REALLY loved on that play, is that either DT was not the primary receiver, OR Tebow did a masterful job looking off the safeties/coverage.

My feeling is that DT was down the list as far as primary receiver, but either way, it shows huge progress for a young QB.

Either he is working through his progressions and not locking onto a receiver as much, or he is learning to deceive secondaries with his head. Win/Win.

Top it off with a quick, decisive, laser throw to the sideline. . .

Besides the throw being way stronger than I ever expected out of Tebow (I know he can LOFT it far, but didn't know he could get it downfield that quick). The timing is just awesome. He put the ball in perfectly 40 yards down the line, compensating for the adjustment DT would make and how long it would take for the Safety/CB to see and react. Seriously, I think it was the best throw by Tebow of the year.

It was 3rd and 18 too. Which is awesome to see converted.

broncosfannum24
12-19-2011, 01:50 PM
My favorite play is the strip sack on tebow in the endzone and he has the prescense of mind to pick up the ball and makes sure he doesnt step out of bounds and throw the ball away near a reciver, turning a horrible play into probably one of the greatest plays that didnt pick up a yard.

Its a good play cause its showing that tebow does actually have smarts as a qb and is really developing as a qb and fighting anyway possible to not give up cause any other qb would have just took the safety

catfish
12-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Besides the throw being way stronger than I ever expected out of Tebow (I know he can LOFT it far, but didn't know he could get it downfield that quick). The timing is just awesome. He put the ball in perfectly 40 yards down the line, compensating for the adjustment DT would make and how long it would take for the Safety/CB to see and react. Seriously, I think it was the best throw by Tebow of the year.

It was 3rd and 18 too. Which is awesome to see converted.

the guy has a canon arm, just needs to get his feet set to make it spiral right. One of his problems is putting too much zip on the short passes

BroncoNut
12-19-2011, 01:54 PM
My god, I love this. I can just watch it over and over.

http://youtu.be/Z71qrrSFa5c

I don't particularly like this play and I'll tell you why. He could EASILY , well pretty easily, have stripped that ball.

wayninja
12-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't particularly like this play and I'll tell you why. He could EASILY , well pretty easily, have stripped that ball.

I agree with you and mentioned it in the game day thread. There is an argument to made for knocking brady for a loop or possibly taking him out of the game, but at this point we were down too far and had too little time. A turnover would have helped us more.

catfish
12-19-2011, 03:25 PM
second biggest hit of the weekend (behind Doom) 3eJXc485yP8

NightTrainLayne
12-19-2011, 03:59 PM

My wife and I were laughing histerically at that last night. I love how the guy who falls into the seat makes a half-hearted attempt at steering, and then just says, "Aw **** it!" and bails out the side leaving the cart to careen around some more.

:lol:

Thank goodness nobody got hurt. . .so I can laugh at it without guilt.

Dapper Dan
12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
When you're taught to tackle aren't you told to put your helmet on the ball? That's what he did. His helmet his Brady's right hand. I'm surprised it didn't put him out a play or two.

SoCalImport
12-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I was pretty disheartened that Brady just jumped up like it wasn't even a hard hit.

wayninja
12-19-2011, 05:24 PM

It looked like someone propped those foam blocks on the accelerator... was this a terrorist attack? A poor mans unguided missile?

Reidman
12-19-2011, 06:19 PM
I was pretty disheartened that Brady just jumped up like it wasn't even a hard hit.
I think it hurt him but Brady isn't the type of QB to admit that he got rocked. I wanna know what he picks up off the ground afterward...is it his mouthpiece lol!

catfish
12-19-2011, 06:26 PM
I think it hurt him but Brady isn't the type of QB to admit that he got rocked. I wanna know what he picks up off the ground afterward...is it his mouthpiece lol!

its his colon

Superchop 7
12-19-2011, 06:28 PM
My favorite was when Champ chewed on DJ on the sideline.....worst game of DJs career. (and Cosby)......both need to be gone.

spikerman
12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
My wife and I were laughing histerically at that last night. I love how the guy who falls into the seat makes a half-hearted attempt at steering, and then just says, "Aw **** it!" and bails out the side leaving the cart to careen around some more.

:lol:

Thank goodness nobody got hurt. . .so I can laugh at it without guilt.

I believe that guy is the head coach of the team that just won the Texas HS 5A State Championship by beating the defending champs. I don't think that guy was feeling any pain.

Chef Zambini
12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
for me , after the first quarter...
the highlight of the game was the monkey riding the dog.

chull20
12-20-2011, 04:27 PM
I wish he would have stripped that instead..but it is still satisfying to watch

chazoe60
12-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Watching that play closely, I believe Tom Brady is one lucky S.O.B. He was probably less than an inch away from a broken right wrist. Anyone else notice that?

NightTrainLayne
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Watching that play closely, I believe Tom Brady is one lucky S.O.B. He was probably less than an inch away from a broken right wrist. Anyone else notice that?

I thought the same thing watching the game at the time. That could have easily ruined the Pats season.

pikkiwoki
12-23-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't see how that hit didn't give Brady whiplash.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-O-xHeL27zL4/Tu9NJlwE80I/AAAAAAAAAC8/ZXp1dhE05lU/s1600/dumervil+brady.gif

Slick
12-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I liked the fact that Doom didn't show his ass afterwards. Got up, went back to the huddle.

Class.