PDA

View Full Version : a little perspective on a Monday after a loss

catfish
12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82533f7d/article/tebows-day-not-ruined-by-highprofile-loss-to-patriots?module=HP11_headline_stack

lgenf
12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
And that's his focus for his life

He works hard at football so he can be the best player possible, so that he has a platform to affect as many lives as possible

The football player Tim Tebow may never be a Tom Brady, but the person Tim Tebow is working toward greatness

wayninja
12-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I personally would prefer to see him a smidgen more upset after a loss.

catfish
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM

from report from the postgame, he wasn't laughing and happy like usual, but when you have someone waiting to see you after the game what are you going to do? Had he been all pissed of he would have ruined his meeting with this young lady. I have no doubt he is upset(he took a lot of shit for crying during a loss to Alabama), but he is a pro, be positive around the people he is trying to help out...brood later and practice harder during the week

edit: here is the post game interview

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos-vs-Patriots-Tebow/3039a32a-5cb0-4f7b-9c83-712b97922fd7

Dzone
12-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Thats pretty amazing what that girls dad said.
ps-nice avatar , fish

Dreadnought
12-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Not me. Not unless I thought he hadn't given 100%, and whatever TT's flaws as a football player I would never in a million years accuse him of that. I want him focused on beating the Bills, not brooding over mistakes he made v. the Pats. Plus, I sure as Hell don't want him ranting and raving in public Josh McDaniels style. That always strikes me as fake and contrived.

As long as I am sure he wants to perform well and win at least as much as we fans do I have no gripes. I never felt that way about (say) Jake Plummer or Kyle Orton. I don't need him obsessed though.

Chef Zambini
12-19-2011, 11:03 AM
maybe the reason so many find it so easy to criticize tebow thew QB because he is beyond criticism as tebow the human being.
I want my QB to be someone who can help my teaM WIN the SB.
If he also happens to be a really great human being, thats just icing on the cake or creamcheese on the bagel.
( i really dont like cake without icing)

wayninja
12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Not me. Not unless I thought he hadn't given 100%, and whatever TT's flaws as a football player I would never in a million years accuse him of that. I want him focused on beating the Bills, not brooding over mistakes he made v. the Pats. Plus, I sure as Hell don't want him ranting and raving in public Josh McDaniels style. That always strikes me as fake and contrived.

As long as I am sure he wants to perform well and win at least as much as we fans do I have no gripes. I never felt that way about (say) Jake Plummer or Kyle Orton. I don't need him obsessed though.

To be fair, I said a smidgen. I don't want him to look like a broken fool like Cam Newton, but maybe acknowledging that the loss/mistakes were at least somewhat important.

BORDERLINE
12-19-2011, 11:15 AM

:rolleyes:

catfish
12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
To be fair, I said a smidgen. I don't want him to look like a broken fool like Cam Newton, but maybe acknowledging that the loss/mistakes were at least somewhat important.

He took ownership for his fumble and the fumble by Ball, saying it was on him and is something he will be working to improve. He can't get into the turnovers as a whole without calling out his teammates, I don't think he will do that nor should he.

Not saying I disagree that he shouldn't take it to heart and work on his issues, but just as with Elway I don't know the guy personally so I don't know how pissed he actually is.

wayninja
12-19-2011, 11:28 AM
:rolleyes:

It's ok, words are hard.

wayninja
12-19-2011, 11:30 AM
He took ownership for his fumble and the fumble by Ball, saying it was on him and is something he will be working to improve. He can't get into the turnovers as a whole without calling out his teammates, I don't think he will do that nor should he.

Not saying I disagree that he shouldn't take it to heart and work on his issues, but just as with Elway I don't know the guy personally so I don't know how pissed he actually is.

My statement is causing a bit more of a stir than I intended. I should probably clarify. I'm not talking about prior or subsequent interviews, I was simply responding to the link in your OP. I know he has other priorities in life, and that's fine, just sharing my preference.

BORDERLINE
12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
It's ok, words are hard.

Man I hate going back and forth over little s***, so I just roll my eyes. I'm sure I would have made a comparison to your comment. You would have said NO NO I would have said Yeah Yeah and we would be in the same position as we are right now so a :rolleyes: does suffice.

You still my ninja:cool:

catfish
12-19-2011, 11:40 AM
My statement is causing a bit more of a stir than I intended. I should probably clarify. I'm not talking about prior or subsequent interviews, I was simply responding to the link in your OP. I know he has other priorities in life, and that's fine, just sharing my preference.

want to clarify my statements too..I'm not trying to disagree with you...let me just put it this way.

The NFL chose to write a feel good piece about Tebow, it would not have fit the theme of the article to include items of a non-feel good nature. I wouldn't take it as anything more than a feel good articel, and would go to the locker room and post game intervfiews to get a feel for player mood.

I don't think this article gives a good feel for Tebow's actual mood after the loss...it is a fluff piece nothing more. Not calling you out or disagreeing with your posts, or upset or anything like that, hope I am not coming across like that, just saying probably not the best article to get a feel for Tebow's mood after the game....also monkey on a dog

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/y0201549/monkey_on_dog.jpg

wayninja
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Man I hate going back and forth over little s***, so I just roll my eyes. I'm sure I would have made a comparison to your comment. You would have said NO NO I would have said Yeah Yeah and we would be in the same position as we are right now so a :rolleyes: does suffice.

You still my ninja:cool:

That's cool. But if you don't want to go back and forth, then why post at all? If you are going to post something, it should at least be informative. A rolleyes icon doesn't tell me anything about what you don't like about my statement.

But that's cool. I wasn't expecting everyone to agree with me.

wayninja
12-19-2011, 12:06 PM
want to clarify my statements too..I'm not trying to disagree with you...let me just put it this way.

The NFL chose to write a feel good piece about Tebow, it would not have fit the theme of the article to include items of a non-feel good nature. I wouldn't take it as anything more than a feel good articel, and would go to the locker room and post game intervfiews to get a feel for player mood.

I don't think this article gives a good feel for Tebow's actual mood after the loss...it is a fluff piece nothing more. Not calling you out or disagreeing with your posts, or upset or anything like that, hope I am not coming across like that, just saying probably not the best article to get a feel for Tebow's mood after the game....also monkey on a dog

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/y0201549/monkey_on_dog.jpg

Yeah, I get it, but the author did go out of his way to say something like "and just like that, the interview was over". I get that it wasn't a deep post-game analysis type interview, it just rubbed me wrong, that's all. I know it wasn't written there, but it's hard for me to not hear a subtext saying "The game isn't as important to him as this other stuff". Again, I know these guys have lives outside of football, unfortunately I don't. :ninja:

catfish
12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I get it, but the author did go out of his way to say something like "and just like that, the interview was over". I get that it wasn't a deep post-game analysis type interview, it just rubbed me wrong, that's all. I know it wasn't written there, but it's hard for me to not hear a subtext saying "The game isn't as important to him as this other stuff". Again, I know these guys have lives outside of football, unfortunately I don't. :ninja:

I understand how that could rub you the wrong way, but keep in mind this was a reporter shooting a question at Tebow as he was leaving the locker room, not a sit down interview(he had one of those where he answered all questions anyone asked including adressing th turnover issue). The interview ended because as Tebow was answering the question he exited the locker room to the young lady who was waiting for him and his focus shifted.

NightTerror218
12-19-2011, 12:28 PM

I like that he wont let a loss get to him. He will remain with his head high. He was not laughing and hugging and extremely excited like the wins, but never the less he wont let a loss falter him and that is the sign of a leader. He will not let a loss affect him.

lgenf
12-19-2011, 01:37 PM
I like that he wont let a loss get to him. He will remain with his head high. He was not laughing and hugging and extremely excited like the wins, but never the less he wont let a loss falter him and that is the sign of a leader. He will not let a loss affect him.

Don't let the HIGHs get too HIGH, don't let the lows get too low

Dzone
12-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Time to get off the Tebow bandwagon and call for a replacement ! We want Weber!

catfish
12-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Time to get off the Tebow bandwagon and call for a replacement ! We want Weber!

DT threw a pass...put him back there!

BORDERLINE
12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
That's cool. But if you don't want to go back and forth, then why post at all? If you are going to post something, it should at least be informative. A rolleyes icon doesn't tell me anything about what you don't like about my statement.

But that's cool. I wasn't expecting everyone to agree with me.

Over a small comment nahhh I won't go back and forth. They roll eyes should tell you I disagree with all of your statement.

There will be plenty more discussion between us, this one was just not worthy:beer:

wayninja
12-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Over a small comment nahhh I won't go back and forth. They roll eyes should tell you I disagree with all of your statement.

There will be plenty more discussion between us, this one was just not worthy:beer:

Fair enough. At least we don't have to hear about the perfect fudge packers anymore.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Fair enough. At least we don't have to hear about the perfect fudge packers anymore.

I don't get why that bothered so many here and then were all giddy for Orton/Chiefs win

wayninja
12-19-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't get why that bothered so many here and then were all giddy for Orton/Chiefs win

I don't want to see the packers go 16-0. Is that strange?

I have no interest in Orton or the Chiefs so no idea what you are talking about there. I'm not 'giddy' for a Orton/Chiefs win, but I'm very happy that the Rogers perfect shit has come to an end.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't want to see the packers go 16-0. Is that strange?

I have no interest in Orton or the Chiefs so no idea what you are talking about there. I'm not 'giddy' for a Orton/Chiefs win, but I'm very happy that the Rogers perfect shit has come to an end.

Again, I don't see what Rodgers has done to bug you. He's an upstanding guy and a great QB not very flashy off the field. I'd rather see Mercury Morris go into meltdown mode instead of running his mouth every year. Hell, I wished the Pats would have done it a couple years ago.

wayninja
12-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Again, I don't see what Rodgers has done to bug you. He's an upstanding guy and a great QB not very flashy off the field. I'd rather see Mercury Morris go into meltdown mode instead of running his mouth every year. Hell, I wished the Pats would have done it a couple years ago.

He's overrated and I'm sick of hearing about how perfect he is. Is that really a problem for you?

BORDERLINE
12-19-2011, 06:24 PM

I'm mad at Rodgers because I didn't get my discount double check at State Farm, bunch of BS.:tsk:

Nomad
12-19-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm mad at Rodgers because I didn't get my discount double check at State Farm, bunch of BS.:tsk:

Good lookin kid you got Border! Does he have USC or UCLA in his football future?

Chef Zambini
12-19-2011, 06:40 PM
first rogers:
for me his TD to INT ration makes this yeaRS PERFORMANCE THE BEST i HAVE EVER SEEN IN WATCHING 50 YEARS OF FOOTBALL!
And his decision making seems almost flawless.
However, for allowing his "championship belt move' to be commercialized, he deserves to lose his shot at perfection...sell-out !
as those packers kept dropping, one after another in the game, I think those players formulated a different perspective about chasing perfection and maintaining health.
Tim Tebow is all in mentally as well as physiclyt when he steps on to the field.
But he has the sensabilities to put winning a football game in [proper perspective when his l;ife and his celebrity places something else in front of him.
thats simply amazing to me.
a rarety amongst most human beings and almost non-existant amongst ANY pro-athletes.

BORDERLINE
12-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Good lookin kid you got Border! Does he have USC or UCLA in his football future?

thanks, if he does he hasn't told me about it. :lol:

He's gonna turn 4 and we missed on having him play flag football this year, but next year i'm definitely gonna get him playing.

He loves to run. Maybe a RB or WR.

catfish
12-19-2011, 06:43 PM
thanks, if he does he hasn't told me about it. :lol:

He's gonna turn 4 and we missed on having him play flag football this year, but next year i'm definitely gonna get him playing.

He loves to run. Maybe a RB or WR.

get him on D, better to be the hitter than the hitee

BORDERLINE
12-19-2011, 06:52 PM
get him on D, better to be the hitter than the hitee

yeah have him be the little John Lynch of pee-wee football.:lol:

Chef Zambini
12-19-2011, 07:03 PM
if you love your child and want him to have a long, productive, HEALTHY, professional athlete career,
teach him to play golf !

TT15Superman
12-19-2011, 07:04 PM
...I don't know the guy personally so I don't know how pissed he actually is.Believe me, he will be PLENTY upset if we miss the post-season. Not that that was an expectation for this team (from his first start), but that is an expectation that he knows that Champ and Dawk want...and he does not want to disappoint those two, let alone his #1 critic...himself.

You think he cried after Bama...I expect him to feel/do the same if we lose to KC. (Therefore, I think that he is plenty pissed and motivated to get better for the last 2 games.)

catfish
12-19-2011, 07:12 PM
yeah have him be the little John Lynch of pee-wee football.:lol:

if you get video of your boy cutting a recevier in half as he comes across the middle be sure to post it :)

BORDERLINE
12-19-2011, 07:30 PM
if you love your child and want him to have a long, productive, HEALTHY, professional athlete career,
teach him to play golf !

We can be like Tiger Woods and his Daddy. LOL love that line from The Waterboy.

I'm gonna let him try all the sports maybe not Banminton.

MOtorboat
12-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Believe me, he will be PLENTY upset if we miss the post-season. Not that that was an expectation for this team (from his first start), but that is an expectation that he knows that Champ and Dawk want...and he does not want to disappoint those two, let alone his #1 critic...himself.

You think he cried after Bama...I expect him to feel/do the same if we lose to KC. (Therefore, I think that he is plenty pissed and motivated to get better for the last 2 games.)

I admire how you guys speak for him. That's truly admirable.

Chef Zambini
12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
We can be like Tiger Woods and his Daddy. LOL love that line from The Waterboy.

I'm gonna let him try all the sports maybe not Banminton.and be sure to teach him how to play chess.