PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison twittered criticism of Dumervil's sack on Brady

sneakers
12-19-2011, 06:23 AM
jharrison9292 James Harrison
Kill it! That's a part of the helmet in the chest, the same thing I got fined for against buffalo last year!

http://twitter.com/jharrison9292

edit: here is an article on it: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82531d1a/article/steelers-lb-harrison-tweets-criticism-of-dumervils-sack

sneakers
12-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Also, that was my favorite part about the game.

Dreadnought
12-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Harrison can blow it out his ass. Doom didn't hit with the crown of the helmet, therefore it was a legitimate shot. Harrison is too dirty a player and/or too stupid to know the difference.

Flex040679
12-19-2011, 07:44 AM
He whines a lot for a large grown man

Northman
12-19-2011, 08:07 AM
That hit was nothing like the crap he does. For such a tough guy he sure is a little bitch.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Harrison probably cries at the doctors office when getting a flu shot!! Oh and the doctor has to give him a lolly pop before he leaves.....

TXBRONC
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Harrison can blow it out his ass. Doom didn't hit with the crown of the helmet, therefore it was a legitimate shot. Harrison is too dirty a player and/or too stupid to know the difference.

You can drop the and/or from your last sentence Dread. Harrison is dirty and stupid.

Dreadnought
12-19-2011, 09:21 AM
You can drop the and/or from your last sentence Dread. Harrison is dirty and stupid.

Spirit o' Christmas, TX. I was trying to be as charitable as I could to that Douchenozzle.

BigDaddyBronco
12-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Harrison is a mental midget. It's really easy, all he has to do is stop aiming for the other players head. Tackle correctly and put your shoulder in him and stop going for the kill shot and he'll be perfectly legal. I doubt he ever gets it though, too stupid.

TXBRONC
12-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Spirit o' Christmas, TX. I was trying to be as charitable as I could to that Douchenozzle.

If you want be chritable give him a lump of coal.

Thnikkaman
12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/829219/bradypwn.gif

HORSEPOWER 56
12-19-2011, 09:47 AM
That hit brought a tear of joy to my eye last night... Thing of beauty!

Jsteve01
12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Tink I heart that gif

PatriotsGuy
12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
That hit made me cringe but it was clean and textbook and Harrison is a freaking moron.

Jsteve01
12-19-2011, 09:55 AM
The worst part about it isn't even the hypocrisy. It's trying to throw another player under the bus. Not sure what it is with crazy Pitt backers but this guy makes Greg Loyd look like a freaking saint.

PatriotsGuy
12-19-2011, 10:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7345597/pittsburgh-steelers-james-harrison-hit-cleveland-browns-colt-mccoy-not-worthy-fine-nfl

This guy :tsk:

Dzone
12-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Doom hit Brady on the arm with his face mask. Thats totally legal.

BroncoJoe
12-19-2011, 10:32 AM
I loved it when they showed the replay - Brady's eyes on the close-up were classic!

PatriotsGuy
12-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I loved it when they showed the replay - Brady's eyes on the close-up were classic!

I was just happy he held onto the ball!

chazoe60
12-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I played organized tackle football for roughly 13 years and every coach I ever had told me one universal truth about tackling: "See what you hit". In other words keep your head up. When Harrisson hits people with the crown of his helmet he is breaking one of the all time fundamental truths of tackle football.

Dreadnought
12-19-2011, 10:39 AM
I played organized tackle football for roughly 13 years and every coach I ever had told me one universal truth about tackling: "See what you hit". In other words keep your head up. When Harrisson hits people with the crown of his helmet he is breaking one of the all time fundamental truths of tackle football.

I played way back in the olden days. We had the T formation and occasional forward passes and facemasks, but it was still a long time ago. And that rule applied then, too.

Fullback32
12-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Harrison is a undisciplined bonehead who has hurt his team. Doom executed the PERFECT form tackle. It gets no better than that.

OrangeHoof
12-19-2011, 12:48 PM
I enjoyed watching Tom's head bounce off the Mile High turf. After the first quarter, that was the highlight of the game.

UnderArmour
12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Uh, you guys do realize he's just trying to prove a point about how ridiculous the NFL officiating has gotten, right? Harrison knows that shouldn't be a penalty but he's saying that the refs can call a penalty on anything even remotely resembling that type of hit, even if it is clean like Doom's. To call this a criticism of Doom's sack is a major stretch when it's obvious his gripe is with NFL rules and officials.

catfish
12-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Uh, you guys do realize he's just trying to prove a point about how ridiculous the NFL officiating has gotten, right? Harrison knows that shouldn't be a penalty but he's saying that the refs can call a penalty on anything even remotely resembling that type of hit, even if it is clean like Doom's. To call this a criticism of Doom's sack is a major stretch when it's obvious his gripe is with NFL rules and officials.

I thnik if he wanted to make a point about him being treated unfailry, which I feel is all he is trying to do, he would have been better served by picking a play that was actually illegal. Picking a clean hit then comparing it to his illegal helmet to chest makes him sound like he either 1. doesn't know the rules or 2. is a whiny little bitch

Nomad
12-19-2011, 01:03 PM

Just saying and I believe it was a clean hit....but I'm surprised they didn't throw a flag for driving the QB to the ground especially since it was the Golden Boy. I've seen it before.

camdisco24
12-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Whining: A Steelers Tradition.

(All their fans live by it)

Nomad
12-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Whining: A Steelers Tradition.

(All their fans live by it)

Go 9ers

weazel
12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
James Harrison is a scumbag

/thread

dogfish
12-19-2011, 01:16 PM
I played way back in the olden days. We had the T formation and occasional forward passes and facemasks, but it was still a long time ago. And that rule applied then, too.

dread, post a pic of you wearing a leather helmet. . . .

camdisco24
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Go 9ers

Yes! However, I need at least 10 points from either Mendenhal or Miller to get to the championship game in my fantasy league!!

Nomad
12-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Yes! However, I need at least 10 points from either Mendenhal or Miller to get to the championship game in my fantasy league!!

:smh: It's always about fantasy football!:lol:

Nomad
12-19-2011, 01:23 PM
dread, post a pic of you wearing a leather helmet. . . .

They didn't wear any helmets back then at the beginning of football, perhaps he can tell us what it was like when they introduced leather helmets.:D

Northman
12-19-2011, 01:27 PM

I was laughing at that as well. His eyes got wide as all get out. :lol::lol::lol:

camdisco24
12-19-2011, 01:30 PM

You gotta have your priorities in line!

Fullback32
12-19-2011, 01:32 PM

Which is why I don't play fantasy. I cannot fathom having to root for a player from a team I hate. Well, that and I am way too lazy to try and keep up with it all. :D

GEM
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM

?? Why gripe about rules and officials if there is a rule, you break it and get held accountable?

Leading with the crown of your helmet is illegal and it isn't ridiculous. If Doom's hit were questionable, he would have a good excuse for posting that shit. As is, he's whining because he knows a rule, breaks a rule, gets fined, does it again, gets fined again, does it again, gets suspended.

Hey genius....stop breaking the rule.

Don't post a legal hit and say it's the same thing you get fined for....it absolutely was not. DUH dipshit!

BroncoNut
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM

see now Dread, that's good. You're showing maturity there. And spiritual progress. I am proud of you

BroncoNut
12-19-2011, 02:28 PM
They didn't wear any helmets back then at the beginning of football, perhaps he can tell us what it was like when they introduced leather helmets.:D

Dread played ball before leather was invented

spikerman
12-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Just saying and I believe it was a clean hit....but I'm surprised they didn't throw a flag for driving the QB to the ground especially since it was the Golden Boy. I've seen it before.

If you watch closely, Dumervil puts his left hand out to actually break their fall and didn't actually drive Brady into the ground. I understand what you're saying, though. It's a tough call because it's a judgement call, that's why it seems so inconsistent.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 06:08 PM
If you watch closely, Dumervil puts his left hand out to actually break their fall and didn't actually drive Brady into the ground. I understand what you're saying, though. It's a tough call because it's a judgement call, that's why it seems so inconsistent.

Yes it is! But I guess they're only human and it's how you interpret the rules. Same for everything, as an electrician, I can have 3 different inspectors come in and they'd probably interpret certain NEC rules differently.

spikerman
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Yes it is! But I guess they're only human and it's how you interpret the rules. Same for everything, as an electrician, I can have 3 different inspectors come in and they'd probably interpret certain NEC rules differently.

You're a lot more brave than me. I have a healthy respect for electricity. :beer:

Nomad
12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
You're a lot more brave than me. I have a healthy respect for electricity. :beer:

I mess with low voltage stuff such as 120, 208, 277,.....chazoe is the one who works at substations

spikerman
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I mess with low voltage stuff such as 120, 208, 277,.....chazoe is the one who works at substations

Both of you guys are crazy. Of course Chaz is a big boy and electricity might actually be afraid of him.