PDA

View Full Version : Kill the Bills

Shazam!
12-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Enough with the Patriots. I don't care anymore, I'm already over it.

Denver lost to a great team, and with less mistakes they could've taken it. The Oakland loss means the Broncos are in the exact same spot they were in on Sunday morning. It's a lot worse for other teams...

SUCH AS -

The NY Giants, who desperately needed a win today against Shanny and the 'Skins to keep pace with the Cowboys after a special MNF win in Big D. They were flat, lifeless and downright pathetic against a 4-8 team, losers of 7 of last 8 and that is going nowhere.

The NY Jets, who needed a win to keep pace in the AFC Wild Card race, whose once-supposedly-vaunted-but-now-incredibly-inept-and-overhyped Defense was ripped to shreds by Vick (still hate him) and the Eagles.

The Titans, who were fighting for a playoff spot, lost to the winless COLTS.

IMAGINE BEING A FAN OF THOSE TEAMS TODAY??

Anyway, to OUR team, the only one that matters...

I want a special Christmas present on Christmas eve, as the last few Christmas days were not happy times for the Broncos.

There's a ballet school of !@#$ skanks in upstate NY that believe they are a football team, the Buffalo Bills.

This group, who've lost 6 straight, was touted as early AFC East contenders by the moronic crapholes on the faces of every supposed 'expert' and 'analyst' (who also happened to say Tim Tebow can't play, throw, win etc) on ESPN and have since fallen on their faces and experienced a rash of injuries.

Their QB Fitzpatrick, who was briefly nicknamed Fitzmagic, since completing his multi-million dollar contract has completely evaporated into the sometimes dreadful. I also want to run a lawnmower over his face, that beard has gotta go. Jake Plummer looked well groomed in comparison.

I am curious to see how Fox, Tebow and Co. respond in a must win road game in a tough environment late in the Season. I think we won't be let down, and once again in these types of situations, we may be sort of used to that ('08-09) but I don't see that. There's real leadership on this team now, and I think there's a ton of motivation to go out there and steamroll a team that has got to be completely demoralized after all the hype and the mounting losses.

The Bills ARE NOT the Patriots.

Here's to hoping the Broncos go out and THRASH the Bills, Dawk and Willis come out to play and the Broncos clinch a playoff spot. A gutting of the Bills will go a long way into filling me with the Christmas spirit and will be the perfect gift!

Nomad
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
BRONCOS have been here before a few years ago...and the Bills played spoiler. I don't know what to expect....perhaps it'll be a good snow game and BRONCOS win..

Shazam!
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
I can definitely see a bunch of Broncos fans and Tebow support up there on Saturday!

UnderArmour
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Von Doom should be able to light up their offensive line all day long. Stevie Johnson plays up to the level of competition but I don't think Champ will blow it with playoffs on the line. Should be a defensive showdown and as long as we don't turn the football over like we did against New England, we can win this 13-10.

igoe4broncos
12-18-2011, 11:54 PM
The snow actually plays to our favor. After watching the Dolphins, who are used to WARM weather by the way, run up and down the field against the Bills, I like our chances. I don't think it will be easy, but if we can start fast like we did today and bury them early, I don't believe Buffalo will have that much fight in them.

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Great post.

I want to see how this team will respond to a loss. I hope they come out guns blazing and get a runaway win. That will go a long way for my confidence in this team.

GO BRONCOS!

sneakers
12-18-2011, 11:56 PM
The bills qb was in ivy league....what are they going to do, math us to death?

jhildebrand
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Is Fred Jackson on IR?

Shazam!
12-19-2011, 12:14 AM
The snow actually plays to our favor. After watching the Dolphins, who are used to WARM weather by the way, run up and down the field against the Bills, I like our chances.

NY here had BRUTAL cold weather today in the 20's in some places... Dread can vouch for this I'm sure.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 12:20 AM
NY here had BRUTAL cold weather today in the 20's in some places... Dread can vouch for this I'm sure.

Sorry...but 20s are brutal:lol:

nevcraw
12-19-2011, 12:22 AM
like this post.. time to regroup!

DenBronx
12-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, the Bills are better than the Vikings and we almost lost to them.

Problem is the Bills offense can be very explosive at times and those are the teams we have struggled with.

Not looking past this team at all.

Joel
12-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Von Doom should be able to light up their offensive line all day long.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&tabSeq=2&qualified=true
Remember how Von Doom was gonna just absolutely destroy Brady all day? Remember how well that actually worked? Fortunately Fitzpatrick isn't Brady and the Bills receivers aren't the Pats, but our secondary remains Swiss cheese. We may be able to blitz more since they don't have record setting receivers, but don't be surprised if todays game and next weeks cost Miller the rookie sack record.

The offense needs to play well; we can update their list of things to avoid: "Don't drop OR FUMBLE the ball." That's really the bottom line; with the Bills offensive line giving up 20 sacks all year and averaging 4.8 yards/rush, they can beat us if we don't give at least as good as we get offensively. Our D just got exposed, or maybe Minnesota exposed it. Either way, we have to score points as well as prevent them being scored.

Shazam!
12-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Sorry...but 20s are brutal

Unseasonably cold here for mid-December.

CrazyHorse
12-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Is Fred Jackson on IR?

Yes, but C.J. Spiller is just as lethal.

Dreadnought
12-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Sorry...but 20s are brutal:lol:

It was in the teens with high winds. Kinda sucky. Still, certainly not Fairbanks AK sucky, and I don't think we hold a candle to the Dakotas or MN cold-wise. I'm guessing Edmonton and Calgary and places like that beat us hollow at cold too.

Now - cold plus snow and we're a contender in Upstate NY - and Western NY far more so than Albany

MasterShake
12-19-2011, 08:27 AM
A meaningful game in December? Win or lose, compared to last season this IS Christmas for me!:lol:

We had a good gameplan against the Pats and barring the mistakes that a young team is prone to make we should've kept it close. I think most of us looked at the last 4 games we were all hoping for a 2-2 or 3-1 record. I was anyway. I was actually more nervous about the Chicago game because that was a team we "should" have beat. I pegged New England as a loss and just hoped for the best.

We match up much better against the Bills and Chiefs, and despite KC blowing their load against the Packers I refuse to be scared of a Kyle Orton led team. If anything, I'm a bit relieved today because now we have been "knocked back down to Earth" in the eyes of the national media and can hopefully finish out like we should - under the radar under underestimated! Its hard to be a dark horse with that much of the spotlight on you!

Something about this team makes me nervous, but something more tells me I have nothing to worry about! :salute:

Shazam!
12-19-2011, 11:51 AM
The Bills kinda remind me of the 2009 Broncos...Started out 6-0 and everyone was on the bandwagon then all of a sudden the wheels came off and they crashed and burned.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 12:17 PM
It was in the teens with high winds. Kinda sucky. Still, certainly not Fairbanks AK sucky, and I don't think we hold a candle to the Dakotas or MN cold-wise. I'm guessing Edmonton and Calgary and places like that beat us hollow at cold too.

Now - cold plus snow and we're a contender in Upstate NY - and Western NY far more so than Albany

I was just messin with Shazam. I'd actually rather it be in the single digits because the roads don't get as icy to drive on...snow just packs down. When it's 20s + wind + heavy wet snow = sucks:lol: and that's what we have here.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 12:19 PM
A meaningful game in December? Win or lose, compared to last season this IS Christmas for me!:lol:

We had a good gameplan against the Pats and barring the mistakes that a young team is prone to make we should've kept it close. I think most of us looked at the last 4 games we were all hoping for a 2-2 or 3-1 record. I was anyway. I was actually more nervous about the Chicago game because that was a team we "should" have beat. I pegged New England as a loss and just hoped for the best.

We match up much better against the Bills and Chiefs, and despite KC blowing their load against the Packers I refuse to be scared of a Kyle Orton led team. If anything, I'm a bit relieved today because now we have been "knocked back down to Earth" in the eyes of the national media and can hopefully finish out like we should - under the radar under underestimated! Its hard to be a dark horse with that much of the spotlight on you!

Something about this team makes me nervous, but something more tells me I have nothing to worry about! :salute:

I agree MS, but the BRONCOS are here and I see no reason they can't make the next step unless they fall flat like the BRONCOS yesterday (especially the defense) because the BRONCOS are better than the Bills and Chiefs.

MasterShake
12-19-2011, 12:26 PM
I agree MS, but the BRONCOS are here and I see no reason they can't make the next step unless they fall flat like the BRONCOS yesterday (especially the defense) because the BRONCOS are better than the Bills and Chiefs.

We control our own destiny, thats all you can ask for. We don't need teams to lose, we just need to win. Simple as that. If we don't, we have no business in the playoffs.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 12:27 PM
We control our own destiny, thats all you can ask for. We don't need teams to lose, we just need to win. Simple as that. If we don't, we have no business in the playoffs.

Yeah....that's what I was trying to say!:lol:

OrangeHoof
12-19-2011, 12:35 PM
It's always interesting to see how Southern boys perform in their first crucial cold-weather game. Guys like Tebow, Demaryus and Von might play a step slow and find their hands don't work as dependably when they're concerned with staying warm. So, I'd respect Buffalo weather as much as I would the Bills. Remember that game a few years ago when the goalposts practically blew down?

Hopefully, we get the miracle mojo back this Saturday.

catfish
12-19-2011, 12:38 PM
It's always interesting to see how Southern boys perform in their first crucial cold-weather game. Guys like Tebow, Demaryus and Von might play a step slow and find their hands don't work as dependably when they're concerned with staying warm. So, I'd respect Buffalo weather as much as I would the Bills. Remember that game a few years ago when the goalposts practically blew down?

I would hope they plan on running it down the Bills throats

Nomad
12-19-2011, 12:40 PM

Miami did just fine...in the snow, so the weather excuse won't fly.

vandammage13
12-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm praying for bad weather, cuz I think that's what this team is built for.

Obviously, our run game is second to none, but that's certainly not the Bills' strength offensively, so I don't see how a snowy/cold/bad weather game can be anything but good for us.

Joel
12-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm praying for bad weather, cuz I think that's what this team is built for.

Obviously, our run game is second to none, but that's certainly not the Bills' strength offensively, so I don't see how a snowy/cold/bad weather game can be anything but good for us.
If it limits passing that helps us a lot, because, while we're not perfect against the run, we're AWFUL in pass coverage. Our only hope is to blitz a lot, and the Bills are tied for 1st place for fewest sacks allowed (20.)

BORDERLINE
12-19-2011, 06:48 PM
The Bills kinda remind me of the 2009 Broncos...Started out 6-0 and everyone was on the bandwagon then all of a sudden the wheels came off and they crashed and burned.

When Fitz got that contract extension It really reminded me of Orton. Even tough I believe FItz has more guts than Orton I see similarities.

The Broncos will/should run up and down on Buffalo. NO BS nothing fancy straight up Running game down there pie hole.

:defense::defense::defense:

NightTerror218
12-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes, but C.J. Spiller is just as lethal.

Spiller has done nothin so far in career. I have tried to follow him, not impressed.

cuzz4169
12-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I will be at this game. Sitting about 10 rows up my seats are right next to the entrance tunnel. I will be looking for some high fives lol.

cmc0605
12-19-2011, 10:30 PM
"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve..."

English Translation: On his birthday, Jesus gives the presents, he doesn't receive them. Of course, he wouldn't let Tebow lose on this day

Joel
12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve..."

English Translation: On his birthday, Jesus gives the presents, he doesn't receive them. Of course, he wouldn't let Tebow lose on this day
And the Bills get... what? The shaft?

camdisco24
12-20-2011, 12:44 AM
And the Bills get... what? The shaft?

Depends what you mean by shaft.

Chef Zambini
12-20-2011, 08:55 AM
I would hope they plan on running it down the Bills throatswe need a healthy willy-mac or an inspired mountain man lioke jerimiah johnson... running thru the snow being chased by a buffalo.
Ball needs to protect his namesake, a lesson all the broncos need to remember.
Our run defense was dismal against the pats.
the bills will follow that blueprint.