PDA

View Full Version : All we have to do is beat KC and we win the division?

sneakers
12-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Right?

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

SR
12-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Or if we beat Buffalo and Oakland loses next week.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 08:52 PM
If Oakland loses we should be in regardless. We have a tiebreak with them. KC's only chance is for every team in the division to finish 8-8, and Chargers have to win out as we would have to lose our last 2.

wayninja
12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
OMG, I'm starting to get sick 2008 vibes all over again... please say that doesn't happen!

horsepig
We own tie breaker with the crypt keeper's bunch, may he RIP. Chefs are too far back.
Sparklers are 2-2 in the west, I believe, we are 3-2, if we beat KC we're in, I think.

Northman
KC won their SB today, they are done for the rest of the year.

horsepig
12-18-2011, 08:55 PM
West champs I mean.

topscribe
12-18-2011, 08:55 PM
KC won their SB today, they are done for the rest of the year.

So we hope . . .

Northman
12-18-2011, 08:56 PM
So we hope . . .

Its a done deal.

sneakers
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Do I have to remind people who the Chefs have at QB?

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:00 PM

Some guy who passed for 299 in a winning effort today?

Do I get a cigar?

CrazyHorse
12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Either way I like our chances.

TimHippo
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM

We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger. Should I have your ship standing by?

sneakers
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger. Should I have your ship standing by?

Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 09:04 PM

Do I get a cigar?

Come now tops, you have been virtually invisible during a great run by the Broncos the last 9 weeks. Orton has one fine game, beats the Packers with a bitter rival in KC and you post more often on that in one day than you have about Denver over the last 9 weeks?

http://www.fumbledreturns.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cmonman.png

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I like our chances, but I wouldn't say "all we have to do..." because it won't be that easy.

Gotta show the Bills who's boss next weekend! I just want a big easy win. No 4th quarter heroics.

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Come now tops, you have been virtually invisible during a great run by the Broncos the last 9 weeks. Orton has one fine game, beats the Packers with a bitter rival in KC and you post more often on that in one day than you have about Denver over the last 9 weeks?

I've been posting for the last several days now.

When was the game again?

Maybe you ought to pay better attention . . .

TimHippo
12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

"It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my
T-sixteen back home. They're not much bigger than two meters, slurp. Where's my beer."
http://www.dolfansnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/qb-orton.jpg

Northman
12-18-2011, 09:08 PM

Glad someone else noticed it too. The one thread he started the other day was to kiss McD's ass for drafting Tebow. But, did i expect any different? Nope. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
I've been posting for the last several days now.

When was the game again?

Maybe you ought to pay better attention . . .

The game has been the last 9 weeks. But great to know Orton went out and won as many games in KC in his one start than he did in Denver in 5 weeks.

Thanks alot Orton.

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Glad someone else noticed it too. The one thread he started the other day was to kiss McD's ass for drafting Tebow. But, did i expect any different? Nope. :lol:

I am not a McDaniels fan. I posted that because I thought it was a good read.

But I would expect something like this from you. Stay classy, North.

turftoad

Do I get a cigar?

Yes Top, yes you do. :D

silkamilkamonico

I have lotta love for Tops, but I have been paying attention, and I must say it was the first thought in my mind when KC won today.

"Tops is watching this, and he is going to be all over it."

Northman
12-18-2011, 09:10 PM

We're not friends anyway so suck it up or go pout again and leave the board.

Northman
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I have lotta love for Tops, but I have been paying attention, and I must say it was the first thought in my mind when KC won today.

Well i used to be friends with him until he decided he didnt want that anymore so it is what it is. But, when i watch him and RCS show up WEEKS after i have to call shenanigans. I have no respect for that kind of shit.

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
The game has been the last 9 weeks. But great to know Orton went out and won as many games in KC in his one start than he did in Denver in 5 weeks.

Thanks alot Orton.

I don't really care. Orton's gone, and I'm not a Chiefs fan. In fact, I am a
Packers fan, after the Broncos. I'm not arguing for Orton, just answering
another person's post.

Northman
12-18-2011, 09:17 PM
And it is you who turned on me, not the other way around.

And that would be complete BS as ONCE again you want to play the "pity" card. Every issue that ever came up was of your own doing. Take some accountability for christs sake.

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 09:18 PM
This thread is better than a Maury episode!!

After a lie detector test, we've determined.....

VonSackemMiller
12-18-2011, 09:18 PM
CANT WAIT/ but really the broncos will beat the bills next week and beat KC.

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:19 PM
And that would be complete BS as ONCE again you want to play the "pity" card. Every issue that ever came up was of your own doing. Take some accountability for christs sake.

There are some of us who don't appreciate your taking God's Name in vain when
you speak directly to us. But I know that makes no difference to you, does it?
I'll just go ahead and put you on Ignore while you figure out what "accountability"
really is, if that ever happens.

Northman
12-18-2011, 09:20 PM
There are some of us who don't appreciate your taking God's Name in vain when
you speak directly to us. But I know that makes no difference to you, does it?
I'll just go ahead and put you on Ignore while you figure out what "accountability"
really is, if that ever happens.

Thanks, and no i dont care. Keep on trolling brother, you've mastered that.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't really care. Orton's gone, and I'm not a Chiefs fan. In fact, I am a
Packers fan, after the Broncos. I'm not arguing for Orton, despite your sleazy
implication I am. You are part of the reason I have not posted in a while. I may
repeat that absence if this starts up again.

That's very ironic, considering I have never been in a heated argumant against you, have pretty much shared the same opinion as you the last 5 years, and have done nothing but stand up for you in your absense against some of the people here that use every opportunity to bag on you, especially in other forums.

Amnesia can be your best friend on message boards. I have had some of my most personal flaming arguments against some people, and at the same time some of th emost friendly conversations with that same person shortly after. It's amazing how different opinions can differ, and shared, with the same poster on many different topics.

As far as heated personal flaming arguments, I just leave them in their respective threads.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 09:24 PM
CANT WAIT/ but really the broncos will beat the bills next week and beat KC.

I agree. I am not going to get too caught up in what's happening in the AFCWest playoff race, because as far as I'm concerned, we are going to beat the $hit out of Buffalo next week, and the race will be over anyways.

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:27 PM
That's very ironic, considering I have never been in a heated argumant against you, have pretty much shared the same opinion as you the last 5 years, and have done nothing but stand up for you in your absense against some of the people here that use every opportunity to bag on you, especially in other forums.

Amnesia can be your best friend on message boards. I have had some of my most personal flaming arguments against some people, and at the same time some of th emost friendly conversations with that same person shortly after. It's amazing how different opinions can differ, and shared, with the same poster on many different topics.

As far as heated personal flaming arguments, I just leave them in their respective threads.

Sorry, Silk. You have been one of my friends over the years. I was just
striking out because of unhealed wounds, I guess, and you came under a bit
of friendly fire. To the contrary of what I said, you would be one reason I
came back. Again, I apologize.

But just take note that I have been here for several days. I didn't suddenly
appear because Orton had a good game. He's a Chief now. I'm more concerned
whether Tebow has a good game.

TXBRONC
12-18-2011, 09:29 PM

Would you like a mirror?

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Would you like a mirror?

No thanks, Richard. BTW, I have seen your comments about me when you
thought I was gone. Can't get enough of me, can you?

TXBRONC
12-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Right?

Actually no. They need to win one of the next two. If we finish with identical records they can't win the division.

BroncoBJ
12-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Yea, crazy that if San Diego loses tonight, or next week.

And we lose to Buffalo, while KC beats Oakland.

That week 17 game vs KC will be for the division.

I bet that game would get flexed. Can you imagine Tebow vs Orton for the division title? :lol:

Really don't want it to get to that though. :fight:

bcbronc
12-18-2011, 09:37 PM
lol at 53 viewers for the top vs North make out session.

Move along you lookey-loos, nothing to see here.

:mod:

TXBRONC
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
No thanks, Richard. BTW, I have seen your comments about me when you
thought I was gone. Can't get enough of me, can you?

On more than one occasion you've used my actual name rather than my screen name. Nothing has changed it's still wrong.

You really ought to put that self righteous attitude in your pocket. I've poked a little fun at you expense. You consistently pull a rather childish attitude when pissed you either abuse privileges or you berate people and then put them on ignore so that can't respond.

Timmy!
Dear broncos,
Just win the next two games. Period. We have bad memories of "if this or that happens" playoff scenarios.
Signed,
All bronco fans with a memory

BroncoBJ

:lol: Seriously, I havn't seen Top all year. Hes back now though. Orton goes and gets a win ( Like Tebow has done all year), and hes back :lol:

Must be a great day for him. Orton wins, Tebow loses. :elefant: Won't hear that too often. :lol:

KCL
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
kc won their sb today, they are done for the rest of the year.

fo............... :D

VonSackemMiller
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
I dont see how we lose to the Bills, exspecially on the road where were dominate lol. This team will respond.

KCL
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Top is my friend...I hope the Chiefs if possible play spoiler for Denver...HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...;) :lol:

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM

:lol: Seriously, I havn't seen Top all year. Hes back now though. Orton goes and gets a win ( Like Tebow has done all year), and hes back :lol:

Must be a great day for him. Orton wins, Tebow loses. :elefant: Won't hear that too often. :lol:

Nope, in all cases. First of all, I catch every Green Bay Packers game I can
because, as I said, I'm a Packers fan. So, as a Packers fan, I am not happy
Orton, a Chiefs QB, won today.

And I am one of the rare fans who watched the first game the Broncos ever
played. Before that, I was in on the contest to name the new Denver franchise
after Bob Howsam invested his $25,000 to get it started. So tell me: Why
would I be happy that Tim Tebow, the Denver Broncos quarterback, lost the
game today, or any game?

Do you still think it was a great day for me?

KCL
12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Yes Top, yes you do. :D

I want one too!

BroncoBJ
12-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Nope, in all cases. First of all, I catch every Green Bay Packers game I can
because, as I said, I'm a Packers fan. So, as a Packers fan, I am not happy
Orton, a Chiefs QB, won today.

And I am one of the rare fans who watched the first game the Broncos ever
played. Before that, I was in on the contest to name the new Denver franchise
after Bob Howsam invested his $25,000 to get it started. So tell me: Why
would I be happy that Tim Tebow, the Denver Broncos quarterback, lost the
game today, or any game?

Do you still think it was a great day for me?

Sounds like an awful day for you. :fight:

That is cool that you saw our 1st game though. I do wish I was around for that. I wish there was a way to buy every single Broncos game ever somehow. I'd love to go through and watch every game we've ever played.

BroncoStud
12-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Ya Orton's awesome... Take off your #8 Chief's jersey yet or still celebrating?

topscribe
12-18-2011, 09:54 PM

That is cool that you saw our 1st game though. I do wish I was around for that. I wish there was a way to buy every single Broncos game ever somehow. I'd love to go through and watch every game we've ever played.

I really am about ready to disappear again, though. I have a lot of friends here,
but I see evidence that the attacks will just continue . . .

-----

KCL
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Ya Orton's awesome... Take off your #8 Chief's jersey yet or still celebrating?

Have they made one yet? For crying out loud..North and Top and TX..can't you all play nice and enjoy the Chiefs win with me today! :girl:

topscribe
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Have they made one yet? For crying out loud..North and Top and TX..can't you all play nice and enjoy the Chiefs win with me today! :girl:

No.

KCL
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM

they're out there..just have to research them.I belong to a site that has the Chiefs one and only SB win...the film is B/W and all scratchy...:lol:

BroncoStud
12-18-2011, 10:10 PM

lol, I think you custom order any jersey you want from NFL Shop.

And no, TOP re-appears defending McDaniels as Orton somehow doesn't SUCK against the Packers and wants a cigar?

Haha, I hope Orton is a member of the KC Chiefs for a very long time, I hope they make him the franchise QB. That means Denver gets the luxury of sacking him 5 times a game for years to come.

BroncoStud
12-18-2011, 10:14 PM
It's true, you can order any jersey you want. :laugh:

Joel
12-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Right?
Yeah. Also, as others have noted, another Raiders loss would do it, since they could then only match us overall and in the Division even if we lost our last two, and we would have a better record against common opponents.

BroncoStud
12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
If we beat KC we're in... It's really that simple. Really though, if the Raiders lose, the Chiefs lose, and the Chargers lose any of their remaining games, we're in that way too. I don't care if we enter the playoffs at 8-8, just get in at all costs.

Anything can happen. I think we all remember the 1996 season when Mark Brunell embarrassed us as a major underdog.

spikerman
12-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Since this is pretty reminiscent of 2008, it's interesting to remember that Denver only had to win 1 of their last 3 games. Anybody remember who the team most considered the "gimme" win was? Hint: They play in northern NY.

CrazyHorse
12-18-2011, 10:19 PM
U7fjDS0jKiE

VonSackemMiller
12-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Lol it was Buffalo......However this is a differant team. Differant mentallity. Were not on some wild losing streak were coming off 6 wins in a row. We let one get away vs a good team. Doesnt mean were headed down the drain. I think we will go up to buffalo and handle our business

BroncoStud
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Buffalo worries me. Actually both games do. This won't be easy. The defense will have to step up and we need Dawkins back and healthy or it may not happen.

Joel
12-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I dont see how we lose to the Bills, exspecially on the road where were dominate lol. This team will respond.
Buffalo is one of the nastier places to play late in the year. Green Bay has Lake Michigan, and Buffalo has Lake Erie; as an Oilers and Cowboys fan I have unpleasant memories of both. It's a game we SHOULD win, but we can't phone it in, and I worry about the teams morale collapsing now that "Tebow Time" has failed them.

Flip side: If we DO make the playoffs, we're 3-4 at home and 5-2 on the road; do we really WANT a home game? :confused:

sneakers
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM
We will go 16-0 the rest of the season.

topscribe
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Buffalo is one of the nastier places to play late in the year. Green Bay has Lake Michigan, and Buffalo has Lake Erie; as an Oilers and Cowboys fan I have unpleasant memories of both. It's a game we SHOULD win, but we can't phone it in, and I worry about the teams morale collapsing now that "Tebow Time" has failed them.

Flip side: If we DO make the playoffs, we're 3-4 at home and 5-2 on the road; do we really WANT a home game? :confused:

Remember when Denver lost its last three and SD won its last three, and so
Denver lost the Division to SD? Well, Buffalo was one of the spoilers who made
that happen.

Now, is that eerie, or what?

jhildebrand
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM

Buffalo hasn't been well to Denver especially in Buffalo-but in recent years they have had our number. I would be cautious. East coast game. Early game.

jhildebrand
12-18-2011, 11:01 PM
I bet that game would get flexed. Can you imagine Tebow vs Orton for the division title?

I don't think the last game of the year has an evening game because it would create an inherent disadvantage for the winner of that game especially if it is the travelling team headed to the PO's.

I am 99% sure there is no flex in week 17.

bcbronc
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't think the last game of the year has an evening game because it would create an inherent disadvantage for the winner of that game especially if it is the travelling team headed to the PO's.

I don't think that's correct. No Monday night game because of the advantage, but I'm 100% certain that when we got blown out by SD in Wk17 with the division on the line, it was in prime time. Unless they've change it since, but I don't think the few hours difference between starting at 1pm or 5:30pm is a big advantage.

Shazam!
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
For the record though it's too soon to tell, the Broncos should own tiebreakers against the NY Jets AND the Bengals. Denver could still lose the Division and make the playoffs, I THINK.

VonSackemMiller
12-18-2011, 11:13 PM
It aint that i dont respect the Bills because i do, I not looking over them, I just know what we have to do and what were capable of doing.

jhildebrand
12-18-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't think that's correct. No Monday night game because of the advantage, but I'm 100% certain that when we got blown out by SD in Wk17 with the division on the line, it was in prime time. Unless they've change it since, but I don't think the few hours difference between starting at 1pm or 5:30pm is a big advantage.

Youre right!

I just went schedule slumming to double check. :salute:

BroncoStud
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Nothing will "top" no pun intended, when we ran Elam out onto the field as time was running out to punk them.

Nomad
12-18-2011, 11:19 PM
OMG, I'm starting to get sick 2008 vibes all over again... please say that doesn't happen!

I've been saying that since this morning!

Nomad
12-18-2011, 11:21 PM
fo............... :D

Hey Lady!

Nomad
12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
WOW! Baltimore laid an egg...sorta like the BRONCOS!:coffee:

igoe4broncos
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Enough of "if all these teams lose" crap, if we can't beat KC at home with everything on the line, then we don't deserve the playoffs.

With that said, wouldn't be surprised to see it wrapped up next week after we get by Buffalo and the Chiefs knock off Oakland to clinch the division for us.

How about that? Orton helps Denver to an AFCW title after all.

pnbronco
12-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Since this is pretty reminiscent of 2008, it's interesting to remember that Denver only had to win 1 of their last 3 games. Anybody remember who the team most considered the "gimme" win was? Hint: They play in northern NY.

:eviltongue:...................:rant:............. ....:ahhhhh:

NightTrainLayne
12-19-2011, 12:04 AM
This thread is about KC and winning the division. It's not the kindergarten playground. If you want to argue personal battles that have nothing to do with football take it elsewhere.

:focus:

pnbronco
12-19-2011, 12:09 AM

I bet that game would get flexed. Can you imagine Tebow vs Orton for the division title? :lol:

Since San Diego did win, what does it mean???

Nomad
12-19-2011, 12:13 AM

Yeah, I'm curious as well. BRONCOS are in a must win next 2 weeks. Again, we've seen this before.....BRONCOS better be on the winning end this time and make the playoffs.

jhildebrand
12-19-2011, 12:16 AM

SD still needs a lot of help. Denver needs the least in the division.

Scenarios are here
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/37267/afc-west-division-title-scenarios

Joel
12-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Remember when Denver lost its last three and SD won its last three, and so
Denver lost the Division to SD? Well, Buffalo was one of the spoilers who made
that happen.

Now, is that eerie, or what?
My main concern is a collapse like that one after this game reminds the team they're mortal. They're young, so confidence could be shaky. Next week will be a gut check, but it's a game we should win. Playoff teams do.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 12:19 AM

Scenarios are here
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/37267/afc-west-division-title-scenarios

That was an awesome hit!

jhildebrand
12-19-2011, 12:20 AM
That was an awesome hit!

Textbook!

Brady will have Giselle help rub that one out a bit :lol:

pnbronco
12-19-2011, 12:46 AM

Scenarios are here

Thank you for the info jhilde... BTW that hit was so amazing. It happened right in my line of sight and it was like a cartoon getting hit by a train. Doom just cleaned his clock...........:D Really got the crowd back into the game.

Shazam!
12-19-2011, 12:59 AM

Scenarios are here
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...itle-scenarios

One possibility that wasn't listed -

If SD and Oakland both lose next week Denver can wrap it up if they beat Buffalo.

Magnificent Seven
12-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Just win all 2 games and we are in!

rcsodak
12-19-2011, 01:20 AM

Do I get a cigar?
His name rhyme with morton? ;')

SD's making their late season run again. Good thing denver played them when they did.
I'm not sure this team can beat KC if the division is on the line. I said all they needed was a qb and was laughed at. Well.....guess we'll see if the laughers are given the last one, wk 17.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
12-19-2011, 01:38 AM
If buffalo wins next weekend, its over, imo. Which just saves this team from further humiliation.

EFX said it'd take more than 1yr, and theyve shown remarkable. 8-8 for a rebuilding team is a good start.

bcbronc
12-19-2011, 01:48 AM
How exactly would losing to Buffalo and KC with the division on the line save us from humiliation again rc?

chazoe60
12-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Wow RC, what a downer?

We lost to an elite offense because we dropped the ball and forgot to cover TEs. We will get back on track next week and win this division.

igoe4broncos
12-19-2011, 02:04 AM
One possibility that wasn't listed -

If SD and Oakland both lose next week Denver can wrap it up if they beat Buffalo.

We don't need SD to lose if we win one of our last two. We have all the tiebreakers over them and a win at Buffalo eliminates them from AFC West contention, period.

topscribe
12-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Textbook!

Brady will have Giselle help rub that one out a bit :lol:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/829219/bradypwn.gif

Warms my heart! :beer:

NightTrainLayne
12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Ummm. . .. HELLO!

:focus:

Last warning, since I'm in a Christmas mood. . .usually one warning is enough. . .

T.K.O.
12-19-2011, 11:30 AM
we have to win out....if the chargers win out.
if we both go 9-7 i think THEY have the tie breaker:shocked::mad::eek:

chazoe60
12-19-2011, 11:35 AM

If we win one more game KC and SD are eliminated from contention for the division.

GEM
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Ok this will serve as the 3rd and final warning in thread.....if some of you can't control yourselves and stop this bickering, you will find yourself on a short ban in order to calm your butts down.

Again....and this is such a tired rhetoric....if you can't get along with someone, put them on ignore and move the hell on. Unless you just enjoy the bickering, there is no reason why you wouldn't put them on ignore.

Joel
12-19-2011, 02:21 PM
No, because

1) we split the head to head (1st tiebreak,)

2) they have 3 losses in the Division and and we have 3 wins (2nd tiebreak, which SD can't win) and

3) they have 6 losses against common opponents and we have 6 wins (3rd tiebreak, which we already own against Chokeland, SD and KC.)

We already have the tiebreak over SD, and they can't do better than a tie if we win either of our last two. Anyone can still win the AFC West, but another Denver win eliminates SD and KC; if it's against KC Chokeland is also eliminated and we win the Division.

KCL
12-19-2011, 04:08 PM
If we win one more game KC and SD are eliminated from contention for the division.

What? KC still has a chance? Their chances went bye bye weeks ago!

Northman
12-19-2011, 04:29 PM
[/U]

What? KC still has a chance? Their chances went bye bye weeks ago!

Nah, Technically they have a small shot.

Agent of Orange
12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
I heard that we don't have to win a game if the Raiders beat the Chiefs, the Chargers lose to Detroit, and then, in week 17, the Chargers beat the Raiders.

If that was confusing this might help:

Week 16
Lions over Chargers
Raiders over Chiefs

Week 17
Chargers over Raiders

Northman
12-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I dont think the Faid will beat the Chiefs though, not in KC but stranger things have happened.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I heard that we don't have to win a game if the Raiders beat the Chiefs, the Chargers lose to Detroit, and then, in week 17, the Chargers beat the Raiders.

Week 16
Lions over Chargers
Raiders over Chiefs

Week 17
Chargers over Raiders

If the BRONCOS can't win these last 2 games, then they deserve to sit on the couch during the playoffs. It won't get any easier on the road as the Bills and if the BRONCOS can't beat the Chiefs in Denver then I'd be at a loss of words especially with the playoffs on the line.

Agent of Orange
12-19-2011, 04:35 PM
I dont think the Faid will beat the Chiefs though, not in KC but stranger things have happened.

I think what makes it unlikely to happen is that it relies on 3 variables. I think all of them have a realistic chance to happen. But it's that all of that needs to happen. If you assume each game is a 50% likelihood, that means there's only a 12.5% chance of all of that happening.

jhildebrand
12-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Ok this will serve as the 3rd and final warning in thread.....if some of you can't control yourselves and stop this bickering, you will find yourself on a short ban in order to calm your butts down.

Again....and this is such a tired rhetoric....if you can't get along with someone, put them on ignore and move the hell on. Unless you just enjoy the bickering, there is no reason why you wouldn't put them on ignore.

I think they like seeing you worked up, Gem ;)

Like the new avi by the way.

Agent of Orange
12-19-2011, 04:36 PM
If the BRONCOS can't win these last 2 games, then they deserve to sit on the couch during the playoffs. It won't get any easier on the road as the Bills and if the BRONCOS can't beat the Chiefs in Denver then I'd be at a loss of words especially with the playoffs on the line.

Whatever. I won't care how they get in if they get in.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Whatever. I won't care how they get in if they get in.

Funny... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/12/whatever-wins-crown-for-most-annoying-conversation-stopper.html

I forgot nowadays you can't be held accountable by doing your own work but rely on others to do your dirty work.

Dzone
12-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Tamba Hali was hell on earth for AAron Rodgers yesterday. We will have our hands full when KC comes to town. If we lose to Orton, oh the horror..
What kind of offseason will we have if Orton knocks us out of the playoffs? Crazier shit has happened

Shazam!
12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
KC game might be meaningless.

Broncos beat Bills.

Detroit beats SD.

KC beats Oakland.

Broncos clinch AFC West on Saturday.

The finale vs. KC will not matter as Denver will likely sit starters for the Playoffs

KCL
12-19-2011, 04:43 PM

Yeah I hope it's a repeat of the game in Oak town! :lol:
That was awesome!

Agent of Orange
12-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Funny... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/12/whatever-wins-crown-for-most-annoying-conversation-stopper.html

I forgot nowadays you can't be held accountable by doing your own work but rely on others to do your dirty work.

If it bothers you that much, then I guess that means you won't be watching if they make it to the playoffs? Also, "held accountable by doing your own work" would not accurately describe the situation.

KCL
12-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Tamba Hali was hell on earth for AAron Rodgers yesterday. We will have our hands full when KC comes to town. If we lose to Orton, oh the horror..
What kind of offseason will we have if Orton knocks us out of the playoffs? Crazier shit has happened

Hali had a great game yesterday.He reminds me a lot of DT.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
If it bothers you that much, then I guess that means you won't be watching if they make it to the playoffs? Also, "held accountable by doing your own work" would not accurately describe the situation.

I would say it does.....rely on yourselves, win out and you're there. Buffalo and KC are very winnable games because the BRONCOS are the better team.

Agent of Orange
12-19-2011, 04:52 PM
I would say it does.....rely on yourselves, win out and you're there. Buffalo and KC are very winnable games because the BRONCOS are the better team.

And you'd be wrong. If Denver loses out and still makes it to the playoffs, all that would mean is they had done enough already to qualify for the playoffs. When they went on a 7-1 run, they were relying on themselves.

Like I said, if it bothers you that much, don't watch if they make the playoffs.

Mike
12-19-2011, 04:58 PM

Broncos beat Bills.

Detroit beats SD.

KC beats Oakland.

The finale vs. KC will not matter as Denver will likely sit starters for the Playoffs

I read that the SD/Det game doesn't matter. Denver and KC wins this weekend means Denver wins the West.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 05:01 PM
I read that the SD/Det game doesn't matter. Denver and KC wins this weekend means Denver wins the West.

Hopefully that's the motto in the locker room.....'win and the BRONCOS are in'. Ironic the BRONCOS have seen this scenerio a few years ago against the same team....the Bills.

Agent of Orange
12-19-2011, 05:02 PM

I'm repeating what was said on Vic and Gary.

GEM
12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
And you'd be wrong. If Denver loses out and still makes it to the playoffs, all that would mean is they had done enough already to qualify for the playoffs. When they went on a 7-1 run, they were relying on themselves.

Like I said, if it bothers you that much, don't watch if they make the playoffs.

An opinion can't be wrong. What it really means is that you and Nomad have different standards. He wants to get in on the Broncos winning out and not depending on other teams. You don't care how they get it.

In the end, you both want them in the playoffs....so how about ending the silly bickering where you tell him his opinion is wrong.

Mike
12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Hopefully that's the motto in the locker room.....'win and the BRONCOS are in'. Funny the BRONCOS have seen this scenerio a few years ago against the same team....the Bills.

I don't want them to back in to the playoffs. They need to take care of their own business and own the division, not get it handed to them.

Mike
12-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm repeating what was said on Vic and Gary.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoOI5E5ynFSICv5BlhQHpOlDubYF?slug=ys-nfl_playoff_picture

4. Denver Broncos (8-6)
Have a one-game lead over the Raiders in the AFC West. Would clinch the division with a win and a Raiders loss/tie.
Next: at Bills (Dec. 24)

Nomad
12-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't want them to back in to the playoffs. They need to take care of their own business and own the division, not get it handed to them.

Then we agree!

Agent of Orange
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
An opinion can't be wrong. What it really means is that you and Nomad have different standards. He wants to get in on the Broncos winning out and not depending on other teams. You don't care how they get it.

In the end, you both want them in the playoffs....so how about ending the silly bickering where you tell him his opinion is wrong.

I know what he's trying to say but if the Broncos have already done enough to get in, they deserve to get in. His fixation with ignoring what theyve done prior to this point artificially creates some way to discredit what they've done to this point. Again, if they've already done enough, then they've already done enough. And if they've already done enough, they deserve to get in. That's not opinion.

GEM
12-19-2011, 05:15 PM
I know what he's trying to say but if the Broncos have already done enough to get in, they deserve to get in. His fixation with ignoring what theyve done prior to this point artificially creates some way to discredit what they've done to this point. Again, if they've already done enough, then they've already done enough. And if they've already done enough, they deserve to get in. That's not opinion.

I guess you didn't get the full scope of his opinion then...not just for the sole purpose of getting in, but for the purpose of getting in and going somewhere, you don't want to back in. It's a semantics issue. He doesn't discredit anything, but for the purposes of not just getting there, but hopefully winning, he doesn't want them depending on anyone. He wants to win out and go into the playoffs with motivation and momentum.

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

Agent of Orange
12-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I guess you didn't get the full scope of his opinion then...not just for the sole purpose of getting in, but for the purpose of getting in and going somewhere, you don't want to back in. It's a semantics issue. He doesn't discredit anything, but for the purposes of not just getting there, but hopefully winning, he doesn't want them depending on anyone. He wants to win out and go into the playoffs with motivation and momentum.

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

No, like I said, I understand what he's trying to say. Perhaps you should revisit what he's saying. He doesn't want to rely on other's losing to make it in. But that's the case for a lot of teams. And the language he used about being accountable but only focusing on the last two games in applying this creates a factual discrepancy.

VonSackemMiller
12-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Whether you back in or pull in your still parked.

FanInAZ
12-19-2011, 05:40 PM

Youre right!

I just went schedule slumming to double check. :salute:

The 100% correct answer is that there will not be any primetime games (Thursday, Sunday or Monday) on week 17.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

Joel
12-19-2011, 05:51 PM

Week 16
Lions over Chargers
Raiders over Chiefs

Week 17
Chargers over Raiders
It's because there are only a total of 6 different games left involving the 4 AFC West teams, all of which are against common opponents (and all but 2 of which are Divisional, all but 1 Conference.)

Best way to understand it is to just check each teams record in order of tiebreak, most of which can be taken from any listing of NFL standings:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Denver 8-6 Division 3-2 Common opponents 6-4 Conference 6-4
Raiders 7-7 Division 2-2 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 5-5
SDiego 7-7 Division 2-3 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 6-5
Kansas 6-8 Division 2-2 Common opponents 4-6 Conference 3-7

That makes it easy to see FOR DENVER:*

If Oakland beats KC they get another Division, common and Conference win; the Chiefs get a loss.
If Detroit beats SD they get another common loss.
If SD beats Oakland they get another Division, common and Conference win while Oakland gets a loss.
If Buffalo beats us we get another common and conference loss, and we get one more (plus a Division loss) if KC beats us.

Final standings:
Denver 8-8 Div 3-3 Com 6-6 Con 6-6
SDiego 8-8 Div 3-3 Com 5-7 Con 7-5
Raiders 8-8 Div 3-3 Com 5-7 Con 6-6
Kansas 7-9 Div 3-3 Com 5-7 Con 4-8

That's the critical reason a Denver win now eliminates everyone but Oakland, and an Oakland loss eliminates them, too: We're 2 games up on EVERYONE against common opponents, which is all anyone has left to play. It's also what made the Bears win so important. Only the Raiders and Chiefs still have a chance at a better Division record, and only if they win out and we lose to KC; otherwise the worst we do is tie, and our better record against common opponents brings us home.

Note that San Diego would have a better Conference record but lose to us because common opponents come first: We lost a wildcard spot that way in 2006, even though we had a better Conference record than all other potential #6 seeds. The reason was one of them was KC, which had a better Division record so, even though we had the best Conference record of the lot, we could only be the #6 seed IF KC were the #5.

*The above listing for "common opponents" is only with respect to Denver, because teams don't play themselves, which means that while Denver and Oakland have the same common opponents, and Denver and KC do, Denver, KC AND Oakland do NOT (because Denver and Oakland play KC but KC does not, etc.) Also, the list does not include strength of victory and lesser tiebreaks because they can't be precisely known with 2 games left, though strength of victory and schedule can be estimated with a 2 game variance (per team beaten.)

Broncos beat Bills.

Detroit beats SD.

KC beats Oakland.

If we win another game only Oakland can catch us, because KC can't get to 9 wins and San Diego can't get to 7 wins against common opponents.

Cugel
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
lol, I think you custom order any jersey you want from NFL Shop.

That's not really true. The NFL practices censorship. Remember all those people ordering "Ron Mexico" Jerseys with Vick's number after Michael Vick got busted using that alias. They banned all "Mexico" Jersey sales. :rolleyes:

http://www.phatpimpclothing.com/hi/phatpimp/images/ex_ronmexico_back.jpg

Joel
12-19-2011, 05:56 PM
For the record, MY opinion (take it for what it's worth) is that if we can't beat one of two teams whose COMBINED record is barely good enough to make the playoffs, we don't belong there, and won't be long.

Nomad
12-19-2011, 05:58 PM
For the record, MY opinion (take it for what it's worth) is that if we can't beat one of two teams whose COMBINED record is barely good enough to make the playoffs, we don't belong there, and won't be long.

I would say you do a fine job of breaking things down and articulating your opinions.

TXBRONC
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
First and foremost Denver needs to take care of their business in Buffalo. If they do it automatically eliminates the Chargers for division title. It doesn't eliminate them from playoff contention but they can't win the division.

dogfish
12-19-2011, 07:02 PM
earning it is better than backing in-- but backing in's still better than not going. . . . :laugh:

didn't stop seattle from beating new orleans last year, and some playoff experience would be great for this young squad regardless of how we get there. . .

dogfish
12-19-2011, 07:09 PM

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4319/ving5sized.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/ving5sized.jpg/)

"The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts. It never helps. You fight through that shit."

:welcome: :D

Joel
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
I would say you do a fine job of breaking things down and articulating your opinions.
Thanks, I do try and (contrary to appearances) to avoid being verbose, but, forced to choose, I'll always trade concise for clear and civil (though I don't always do well with the latter.)

Dzone
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
The worst case scenario is Kyle Orton returns on Jan 1 and knocks us out of the playoffs.
Chewing on that all offseason would suck

BroncoBJ
12-19-2011, 11:23 PM

Well you'd be 100 percent wrong. Theres always been flexed games in week 17 since they started. We got flexed in 08 vs the Chargers. Then it was Bengals/Jets in 09 I remember, and last year it was Seahawks/Rams.

Probably already been discussed in this thread, but I sure hope we handle business. Although a Tebow vs Orton game to decide the division would be pretty epic, I don't want it to get to that point.

broncobryce
12-20-2011, 12:10 AM
I just want Von and Doom to make an Orton sandwich and hit him so hard the mole jumps off his face

jhildebrand
12-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Well you'd be 100 percent wrong. Theres always been flexed games in week 17 since they started. We got flexed in 08 vs the Chargers. Then it was Bengals/Jets in 09 I remember, and last year it was Seahawks/Rams.

Probably already been discussed in this thread, but I sure hope we handle business. Although a Tebow vs Orton game to decide the division would be pretty epic, I don't want it to get to that point.

I already said I was wrong. :noidea: Pile on if you like :D

nflfan
12-20-2011, 02:59 AM

That team had way too many injuries. The Broncos should be fine.

Chef Zambini
12-20-2011, 09:01 AM
I like our chances, but I wouldn't say "all we have to do..." because it won't be that easy.

Gotta show the Bills who's boss next weekend! I just want a big easy win. No 4th quarter heroics.I will take a win any way it comes.

Chef Zambini
12-20-2011, 09:03 AM
The worst case scenario is Kyle Orton returns on Jan 1 and knocks us out of the playoffs.
Chewing on that all offseason would suckit would set the wheels in motion for ELWAY to trade tebow to the JAGS for their FRDC and homecoming for timmy, and a chance for JE to draft the QB of his desires.

Chef Zambini
12-20-2011, 09:09 AM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4319/ving5sized.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/ving5sized.jpg/)

"The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts. It never helps. You fight through that shit."

:welcome: :Done of my favorite actors! love his voice!
I would listen to him do the alpha bet on sesame street !

Chef Zambini
12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks, I do try and (contrary to appearances) to avoid being verbose, but, forced to choose, I'll always trade concise for clear and civil (though I don't always do well with the latter.)spare us the false modisty.
its obvious that you are the best contributor in this pop shop!

BroncoStud
12-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Assuming Orton survives the Raiders game and isn't either hurt or benched for Stanzi, I wonder how the Mile High crowd will respond to his return...

Thestrategist1
12-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Orton I hope doesnt matter, Denver wins in Buffalo and Joakland loses, then we sit all our starters for Ortons return and he gets no glory for a win.

Let get it done on sunday!!!

Joel
12-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Orton I hope doesnt matter, Denver wins in Buffalo and Joakland loses, then we sit all our starters for Ortons return and he gets no glory for a win.

Let get it done on sunday!!!
I like this plan, except: Any starter with <4 years (which is most of them) should play against KC; they need the experience. ;)

BroncoStud
12-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Nah, let Orton and Quinn battle it out.

Dzone
12-20-2011, 06:46 PM
If Orton gets as little contact as we gave Brady, that KC game could be ugly. They demolished Green Bay, Tamba Hali is playing like the DPOY. Orton is playing for vindication. Hes already topped Cassels best day.