PDA

View Full Version : DON'T Freak Out!!!!

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I know this is probably inevitable, but let's think big picture here guys.

We made some huge mistakes to let NE get a solid lead.

Who knows how this game goes if we don't gift wrap them 13 points.

This team has a lot of work to do, but this game could have been a lot worse. IMO, it doesn't prove anything.

Who expected us to win today?? Come on. Let's not have a forum explosion and a bandwagon mass-exodus.

BroncoJoe
12-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Amen brother.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
12-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Cam, why you freaking out?

TeBRO
12-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Raiders Lost...So...Do we only have to win 1 of the 2 remaining games to get in the playoffs?

Dreadnought
12-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Totally agreed. We aren't as good as the Pats. No big shock there. We have weak spots. No surprise. Losing the TO battle 3-0 will cost you the game almost every time.

This is a work in progress, not a Championship caliber team. A lot of guys did good stuff today, just not enough.

igoe4broncos
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't think anyone is freaking out and the Raiders loss makes it that much easier to take.

cmc0605
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
If we make the playoffs we're still someone opposing teams need to be concerned about. We've come a long way from being the team that might get Andrew Luck. TT has made great strides and he had a good game. Offseason emphasis on the D-line interior and secondary.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Wasn't thinking we'd beat New England and I'm actually comforted by the fact that we lost moreso due to fixable errors on offense than the offense just being completely inept.

We hold the tiebreaker with Oakland so win 1 and we're in. SD could be in the mix too if they win out.

tomjonesrocks
12-18-2011, 07:35 PM
It became extra disappointing because of the promising start.

I was really disappointed in the defense though. I wanted to see Brady under attack at least.

And that second quarter could hang with some of the worst quarters the Broncos have ever had.

Hopefully the team regroups and brings it against the Bills. This game sucked.

camdisco24
I don't think anyone is freaking out and the Raiders loss makes it that much easier to take.

There will be a few, it's tradition.

But I agree 100% Raiders loss neutralized the pain of our loss.

TeBRO
I believe if San Diego loses tonight, we are in no matter what, since we hold all the tie breakers.

Even If the rest of our division wins the rest of their games.

UnderArmour
12-18-2011, 07:36 PM
I think we clench with a win and a Raiders loss next week. Raiders can still pass us because of division record tiebreaker if we had even records at the end of the year.

RebelRocker
12-18-2011, 07:37 PM
I know this is probably inevitable, but let's think big picture here guys.

We made some huge mistakes to let NE get a solid lead.

Who knows how this game goes if we don't gift wrap them 13 points.

This team has a lot of work to do, but this game could have been a lot worse. IMO, it doesn't prove anything.

Who expected us to win today?? Come on. Let's not have a forum explosion and a bandwagon mass-exodus.

Great post, Cam. We lost that game more than NE won it. The Oakland loss is huge because now if we win next week and Oak loses one of their next two games, the division is ours.

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Wasn't thinking we'd beat New England and I'm actually comforted by the fact that we lost moreso due to fixable errors on offense than the offense just being completely inept.

We hold the tiebreaker with Oakland so win 1 and we're in. SD could be in the mix too if they win out.

That's what I hate the most. I hate losing games with a bunch of what-ifs.

Tebow threw well today though for the most part, which was promising again. Kind of starting to agree that we need to let him air it out more.

tomjonesrocks
12-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Oh and watching the Broncos just be totally unable to keep Brady out of the endzone time and time again was reminiscent of terrible teams in years past.

Brady was absolutely unstoppable. They should have had a few stops there at least for FGs. Really despressing defensive performance the more I think about it actually.

jhildebrand
12-18-2011, 07:40 PM
SD could be in the mix too if they win out.

People aren't paying enough attention to this!

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
I believe if San Diego loses tonight, we are in no matter what, since we hold all the tie breakers.

Even If the rest of our division wins the rest of their games.

If Oakland wins their last 2 games and Denver loses, Oakland wins the division.

Ziggy
12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
The Pats offense really magnified our weaknesses on defense. CB, S, MLB, and UT need to be adressed in the offseason. Rahim Moore needs to take some lessons on how to tackle. It's unbelieveable just how bad he really is at it. We all knew going into the season that the talent level was sub par overall. Elway should have it taken care of in about 2 more years.

TeBRO
12-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Solid game for the Broncos besides the turnovers. Wish we used some time outs when they started running their hurry up offense on us. Brady will shred any defense when he finds his groove.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 07:44 PM
The Pats offense really magnified our weaknesses on defense. CB, S, MLB, and UT need to be adressed in the offseason. Rahim Moore needs to take some lessons on how to tackle. It's unbelieveable just how bad he really is at it. We all knew going into the season that the talent level was sub par overall. Elway should have it taken care of in about 2 more years.

Defense does needs to improve, but offense has to hold their own and not giftwrap points to the other team.

Offense > Defense in the NFL in this day and age.

TeBRO
12-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I guess the division is still up for grabs to any team...Looking at it, KC can win the division if they win out too.

jhildebrand
12-18-2011, 07:47 PM
If you want to freak out-freak out that Beadles got served all day LONG!

wayninja
12-18-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm not freaking out, especially since Oakland lost. But this was a missed opportunity to show that we are a contender.

The thing that worries me, is not the loss, but the fact that we were not able to get much done in the 4th quarter when NE had a big lead. They are one of the worst D's in the league, why were they able to force us to punt?

Ziggy
12-18-2011, 07:48 PM
If you want to freak out-freak out that Beadles got served all day LONG!

That's no different from most other games.

TeBRO
12-18-2011, 07:50 PM
whoa man...your freak out is freaking me out.

Northman
Ravens are fighting for their own division vs Pitt. I think they beat up on SD tonight.

jhildebrand
Ravens are fighting for their own division vs Pitt. I think they beat up on SD tonight.

I hope you're right!

Dreadnought
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm not freaking out, especially since Oakland lost. But this was a missed opportunity to show that we are a contender.

The thing that worries me, is not the loss, but the fact that we were not able to get much done in the 4th quarter when NE had a big lead. They are one of the worst D's in the league, why were they able to force us to punt?

Our pass protection I think. It sucks the big one. We've hidden that problem since the Lions game, but it was back today

spikerman
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Hopefully games like this will finally convince Broncos management that they need to focus on the interior defensive line. QB's like Brady don't get flustered by pressure from the edges - they get flustered by pressure in their faces. Denver needs secondary help, obviously, but they also need more talent at DT to push the pocket.

Overall, I'm not that discouraged. I wasn't too optimistic that Denver could hang with the Patriots, but at least they weren't thoroughly embarrassed. I think they played hard, they just don't have the talent defensively to slow down offenses like that.

Finally, where have you gone, Eric Decker?

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 07:52 PM

That will make me feel even better.

Hoping the Broncos can deliver an early Christmas gift next weekend.

DenBronx
12-18-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm not freaking out at all. I thought this was a loss anyway, although on any given Sunday anything can happen.

But when you play the Pats you can't have 3+ turnovers and miss extra points.

This loss will cause us to regroup and humble us a bit. I would rather see us get hot and streaky IN the playoffs than in the regular season.

Tim threw the ball pretty well today.

TeBRO
12-18-2011, 08:01 PM
He threw it very well, ran it very well, and our offense looked great. I look forward to seeing more of it next game. No matter what way you look at it, Tebow is getting better and better game after game.

Brady's got skills, He won the game today.

Can't wait to play against a quarterback we can pressure and sack all game...

lgenf
12-18-2011, 08:04 PM
This loss will cause us to regroup and humble us a bit..

yes

I over this run of 6 games the media has focused on Tebow, and just as many have focused on saying how great our defense has played, maybe this game humbles the defense and gets them focused...

Also Dawkins out hurts, but aside from being WIDE open, we didn't tackle for shit today and our defense needs to look themselves in the mirror on that

I still don't think we win without the TOs, but our defense couldn't stop them at all today

BroncoStud
12-18-2011, 08:07 PM
3 concerns for me going forward:

1 - we need Dawkins back ASAP.

2 - where is Eric Decker?

3 - why can't Willis M finish a game these days?

BORDERLINE
12-18-2011, 08:07 PM
We should just put this loss behind us move on and take care of these next two games.

Win both and we are in. Plain and simple no other mind state will suffice. We NEED to win these 2 last games end of story

lgenf
12-18-2011, 08:13 PM
3 concerns for me going forward:

1 - we need Dawkins back ASAP.

2 - where is Eric Decker?

3 - why can't Willis M finish a game these days?

4 - our zone defense sux

CrazyHorse
12-18-2011, 08:20 PM
yes

I over this run of 6 games the media has focused on Tebow, and just as many have focused on saying how great our defense has played, maybe this game humbles the defense and gets them focused...

Also Dawkins out hurts, but aside from being WIDE open, we didn't tackle for shit today and our defense needs to look themselves in the mirror on that

I still don't think we win without the TOs, but our defense couldn't stop them at all today

They couldn't stop our rushing attack either though. Had we not been forced into being one dimensional with the pass playing from behind it could have been a different story altogether.

silkamilkamonico
12-18-2011, 08:47 PM
4 - our zone defense sux

5 - our offense better not be giving the other team free points.

6 - why is Royal not returning? He's the best one we have, and it's not like we need to save him for our offense. He should be returning every kick, period.

horsepig
12-18-2011, 09:05 PM
I think we clench with a win and a Raiders loss next week. Raiders can still pass us because of division record tiebreaker if we had even records at the end of the year.

I clench my butt cheeks when my brother-in-law is around.

horsepig
12-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Great post, Cam. We lost that game more than NE won it. The Oakland loss is huge because now if we win next week and Oak loses one of their next two games, the division is ours.

Are you kidding, Reb? Just how do you propose this defense stops Brady?

T.O.P. maybe, but it better be overwhelming. All out blitzing would be my tactic, he does seem to get a little rattled if he's pressured. If the press doesn't work, what have you lost, he'll eat you up anyway.

TXBRONC
12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Totally agreed. We aren't as good as the Pats. No big shock there. We have weak spots. No surprise. Losing the TO battle 3-0 will cost you the game almost every time.

This is a work in progress, not a Championship caliber team. A lot of guys did good stuff today, just not enough.

The thing that irks me is that we were able to move the ball. If we don't turn it over maybe it's different outcome.

D1g1tal j1m
12-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Was Von Miller on the field today?

VonSackemMiller
12-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Was Von Miller on the field today?

Seems like he played better with the club fist. Looked like his hand being one finger wrapped today effected his ability to use the hand. He totally didnt use his hands in his rushed today, Just tried to get by on speed. Last week when the entire hand was protected from movement when he had that club on it he used his hand......I think that club needs to go back on.

VonSackemMiller
12-18-2011, 10:18 PM
The Broncos just need to go out and beat the Bills. Fix those turnovers and this is a diff game. You cant gift wrap brady 17 points.

Timmy!
12-18-2011, 10:23 PM
No reason to freak out. This loss is easy to figure out.

3-0 turnovers kill.....I mean kill.
No dawkins hurt, Brady vs. Rookies is not even fair
Losing big willly Mac (I officially submit this nickname for ur approval) in the 1st quarter hurt really really bad.

Correctable errors. If we can win the next two nobody wants to face this team I. The playoffs. Even Brady was busting out some possible foreshadowing in post game. I think he knows these two teams might be on a playoff collision course.........course

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Correctable errors. If we can win the next two nobody wants to face this team I. The playoffs. Even Brady was busting out some possible foreshadowing in post game. I think he knows these two teams might be on a playoff collision course.........course

Hadn't thought about that... I wouldn't mind a rematch. However, I'd prefer the outcome to be a little different. :D

Shazam!
12-18-2011, 11:06 PM
A very young team with a 10 game starting QB lost to a playoff hardened squad full of seasoned vets who know how to win with the greatest QB of the last decade.

Nothing to freak out about at all, especially because if the Broncos didn't shoot themselves in ther foot so many times, we could've seen the Tebow magic...

Even with the loss I think Denver can clinch a spot with a win at Buffalo, a team that is completely reeling and rudderless right now. The bills lost like 6 straight I think, and it will be interesting to see how that plays out and see how Denver bounces back from this loss.

Also I think that will be covered nationally by CBS (except regional).

Nomad
12-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Kim Jong Il II is dead.....it nullifies the BRONCOS loss!

Joel
12-18-2011, 11:37 PM

Minor correction: We hold the 3rd tiebreak; if Oakland won out and we lost to KC they'd hold the 2nd tiebreak and take the Division. However, their last two games are in the Division, so losing either eliminates them.

It became extra disappointing because of the promising start.

I was really disappointed in the defense though. I wanted to see Brady under attack at least.
Then you should've watched him play the Giants or Steelers, the only two teams who've sacked him 3 times all year. Since Jeff Saturday retired the Pats may have the best pass blocking line in the game (though they're only statistically fifth this year.) I don't know why everyone expected two elite blitzers, three plugging linemen, a run stuffing LB and a coverage LB to get half a dozen sacks tonight. If our blocking were half as good two of our fumbles don't happen and we only have to cut Cosby to eliminate the third. The only people other than Doom and Miller who MIGHT have gotten a sack are Dawkins and McBean, but Dawkins was hurt and McBean was playing pass coverage over the middle for some bizarre reason.

As a yard stick this game told us things most of us already knew: Tebow is ready to be our starting QB, but he and the running game need better blocking so opponents are hitting our ball carriers at the line (or at the SNAP) and causing fumbles, or chasing Tebow around until they get a brutal sack or force him to throw off his back foot. Demaryius Thomas had a solid game and I can't recall any drops by any of our receivers; getting him one more solid WR to help wouldn't hurt, but I think we could do alright with him and Decker if we just worked Willis and Fells in more. Our secondary is abysmally bad and needs a major overhaul in the offseason; at this point I'd be content to dump everyone but Champ and Harris and start from scratch (we may have seen Dawkins play his last game for anyone.)

We're a good but not great team, the kind that makes the playoffs then makes an early exit because of big obvious holes (in this case, at G and DB.) Fill them and we'll be a contender.

ATLbroNCO
12-19-2011, 02:14 AM
I just always go back to the beginning of this season... If you would have told me the Broncos would have the lead in the AFC West going into week 16, I would have told you that you were crazy.
The Broncos, despite the fumbles, looked okay(ish) today. You win some, you lose some. Hey, the Broncos winning streak could not have gone on forever!! Hopefully they learn from this loss, and roll into the playoffs winning our final two games. And of equal importance, I hope DOOM hits Orton as hard as he hit Brady today in week 17 :)