PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall blogs on the Pro Bowl as well as getting engaged...

RunYouOver
02-06-2009, 07:26 PM
He posted this today:

Postcard from Paradise

This has been an unbelievable week. It’s no surprise, but it has been even more amazing than I had imagined.

Just spending time with so many great players elevates the way you think about the game and your place in it. I’ve been able to learn things from so many guys, from Wes Welker to Peyton Manning, there’s just nothing like it. It’s the only time of the year that you can really spend time with guys from around the league in such a relaxed environment. I’m always trying to improve my game, and this has given me a great chance to do that.

It’s also fun to be here with Jay (Cutler) and Casey (Wiegmann) and see them get this reward for the first time too. Casey is the veteran among us, but for all of us it’s the first time playing in a Pro Bowl. We also have some of our other teammates here now to enjoy the week with us.

Like a lot of the guys I’ve taken the opportunity to bring some of my family and friends here to show my appreciation and let them enjoy this too. It’s a great honor, and this is my way of showing them they’ve played a big role in helping me get here, and I appreciate that.

The practices here are pretty laid back. We go for about an hour each day, in the mid-morning, and have the rest of the day to hang around the pool, go to the beach, play golf or tour around the island.

On Tuesday I was fortunate to get a chance to go with Jordan Gross of the Panthers, Shaun O’Hara of the Giants and Wes Welker to Hickam Air Force Base to visit the men of the 535th Airlift Squadron. It was an incredible honor to meet them and see a glimpse of what they do. And it amazes me how no matter where we go people love to talk about fantasy football. Capt. Billy Dye, a C-17A pilot told me I helped him win a lot of games in his fantasy football league last year, and asked for more in ’09! I’ll do my best, because I sure can’t help him with his job, as you’ll see below.

They took us to the simulator building to let us try our hand with the C-17A Weapons System Trainer. This is not an exercise for beginners, as you’ll see if you click on the following link: http://www.pacafpixels.com/2009/02/nfl-players-learn-some-new-moves.html.

It was an amazing experience, and really gives you even more respect for the bravery, skill and determination that the men and women of our armed forces give us on a daily basis.

It’s has been an incredible week, and it’s just now Friday, but the biggest and best piece of the week has not yet been revealed: My big announcement is…that last night I got engaged to my girlfriend Michi, with my familyl and friends there to share in the moment. I couldn’t be happier. She has such an incredibly positive influence on me, and means the world to me.

Thanks to all of you who have been staying tuned for my announcement.

Aloha,

Brandon “The Beast” Marshall

Northman
02-06-2009, 07:28 PM
This isnt the same girl from before is it?

Italianmobstr7
02-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks. Most people called it. His big announcement was him getting engaged. WEAK. I want to hear about a contract extension! Just kidding..but seriously. Honestly though, congrats to Brandon.

Italianmobstr7
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM

No. It's a new girl he's been dating for like 8 months or something.

Northman
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM

Thank god.

BeefStew25
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I wonder what his ex is up to.

G_Money
02-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Cursing herself for being totally insane, and thus letting him get away before that big contract that she could have had half of.

~G

Buff
02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Prenups exist for a reason Brandon.

broncobryce
02-06-2009, 09:48 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking, then I remembered he hadn't been arrested lately, so it couldn't be. It sounds like she helps keep him out of trouble. Hopefully she's an angel like my wife-keeps me out of trouble all the time. My ex was the type to get me arrested.....:mad:

BroncoTech
02-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Run Brandon, run. As fast as the wind. Don't fall victim to the charms of the call of the siren sea hag.

honz
02-07-2009, 04:56 AM
Congrats Brandon...

Dean
02-07-2009, 06:23 AM
It sounds like Brandon is doing more than just proposing.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Marshall stands tall in Pro Bowl crowd
Broncos' WR makes big impression
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/06/2009 12:30:00 AM MST
Updated: 02/06/2009 10:57:17 AM MST

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, left, greets Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, right, while Tennessee Titans quarterback Kerry Collins watches during an AFC practice in Kapolei, Hawaii, for Sunday's Pro Bowl. (AP / Ronen Zilberman)Related Articles
Feb 5:
Broncos center says young McDaniels not acting his ageAll is going swimmingly for QB, pranks for askingFeb 4:
Center of '09 budget for BroncosHONOLULU — Only the greatest players were invited here, yet even among the upper-crust gathering, Brandon Marshall has stood large.

Much larger than the greats figured, anyway.

"Marshall, I'm looking up at him, and I'm a tight end," Kansas City star Tony Gonzalez said. "He's huge."

"If you can't hit him in stride, something's wrong with you," Peyton Manning said. "He's a big ol' target. He's special."

Manning will be the AFC Pro Bowl starting quarterback and Gonzalez will be his tight end. The Broncos will be represented in the AFC starting lineup Sunday by the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Marshall, who will line up opposite Andre Johnson as the first-string receivers for the game.

For the light, hour-long practices at a

Pro Bowl
Find preview, matchup, scoring log, rosters, voting, stats, past MVPs and more for the NFL all-star game Feb. 8 in Hawaii.
View slide show of Pro Bowl.
nearby high school field, Marshall is lined up across from the Oakland Raiders' sensational cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.
"I didn't know he was that big," said Asomugha, who plays against Marshall and the Broncos twice a year, "until here and I saw him without pads."

Then again, Marshall has always been big here on the peaceful island of Oahu. He played at Aloha Stadium, site of the Pro Bowl, twice in a 29-day span to finish his senior season at Central Florida. In the Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve 2005, Marshall made 11 catches for 210 yards and three touchdowns and was named the game's co-MVP.

Playing in the East-West college all-star Hula Bowl on Jan. 22, 2006, Marshall made five catches for 101 yards and the East's only touchdown in a 10-7 victory. The media again voted him the game's MVP, although the coaches trumped the selection.

"Every time I play against a guy around the league who played in the Hula Bowl, we call ourselves 'Hula Bowl Boys,' " Marshall said.

Back in Denver, Marshall is often the center of attention. Away from the mainland, in this secluded gathering of NFL all-stars, Marshall is often spotted quietly paying attention.

"I'm new to this," Marshall said while flashing what may be the greatest smile in sports. "I'm a rookie. I think it's fun to hear all the stories and see the guys interact with one another. This experience has been better than I thought it would be. I'm out here watching these guys, trying to learn what I can take from them."

Anything pop out from his observations?

"Wes Welker, his route running," Marshall said of the New England slot receiver. "Even in walkthrough, he's always working on something, trying to get better at it, working the corners. He only knows one speed. Everybody else here is at 40, 50. Wes is at 100 percent."

Funny how the biggest receiver becomes infatuated with the smallest AFC player. Maybe it's because people crave what they aren't.

Welker plays a small man's game. He darts and dodges.Marshall plays a big-man's game. He catches and punishes.

"You always hear about Anquan (Boldin) being a tough guy to bring down," said Asomugha, who was widely considered to have supplanted the Broncos' injured Champ Bailey as the NFL's top cornerback this season. "But in my mind, I think Brandon's the toughest guy to bring down, one-on-one."

In 2007, the front end of Marshall's back-to-back 100-catch seasons, he led the NFL with 319 yards after contact. He wasn't nearly as effective after contact in 2008, largely because a strained hip muscle cost him restart speed after shedding a tackler.

"The thing I noticed about him is he tries to make the big play, every play," Asomugha said. "It has to be a big play. And that's a competitor. It makes sense. I have a lot of respect for him."

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

The Bronco's secret about Brandon's size/speed ratio is out. I think the cost of renewing Brandon's contract just went up.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Smack, smack. . . "I DO!"

SR
02-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Pretty awesome he got to go to Hickam and do the C-17 sim. Those planes are wicked awesome. I'm glad he got engaged. Now he has more incentive to keep clean and stay out of trouble. Good for him.

Hobe
02-07-2009, 04:05 PM

I hope she doesn't like McD's!

Hobe
02-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I wonder what his ex is up to.

Feeling lonely are ya' Bief? She's probably still in the dating pool.:dancing: