PDA

View Full Version : Tebow thinks it’s not time to cash in off the field

DenBronx
12-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah yeah yeah another Tebow thread. I get it. But my suggestion is just embrace it and enjoy that our Broncos are getting this much exposure. We have always had a huge fanbase but we really havent had this much media attention in a long time.

In regards to the article. It's refreshing to see an athelete not chase money or the spotlight.

Posted by Mike Florio on December 18, 2011, 2:33 PM EST

For Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow, the iron may never be hotter than it is right now. He’s become the biggest name in football, putting him in position for maximum exposure and, perhaps more importantly, millions of dollars when it comes to his off-field earning potential. The recent move by his agent, Jimmy Sexton, to powerhouse entertainment agency CAA ties Tebow to an even larger machine for making marketing money.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, however, Tebow plan to move very, very slowly when it comes to cashing in on his wildfire popularity. (He already has marketing deals with companies like Jockey and FRS, and he published an autobiography earlier this year.) Tebow has turned down multiple national media and endorsement opportunities, from late-night talk shows to an opportunity to host Saturday Night Live in the offseason.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/18/tebow-thinks-its-not-time-to-cash-in-off-the-field/

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm loving every minute of it. And i'll continue to love it until it's negative coverage.

Northman
12-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Smart move not too throw money away on him just yet. Buffalo payed Fitz a lot of money and he all of a sudden lost his mojo.

DenBronx
12-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Smart move not too throw money away on him just yet. Buffalo payed Fitz a lot of money and he all of a sudden lost his mojo.

No it's not Broncos money the article is talking about. It's endorsements, TV shows, appearances, ect. He spent his money opening a hospital for crying out loud. He isn't chasing fame or fortune.

bcbronc
12-18-2011, 04:13 PM
this seems like the ideal thread to ask something I've been wondering about...every interview I see of Tebow he's wearing a Nike touque and often a Nike shirt. I also never see him wearing Broncos gear, other than his jersey obviously. Anyone know if he's contractually obligated to wear Nike and not Reebok during his interviews?

DenBronx
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
this seems like the ideal thread to ask something I've been wondering about...every interview I see of Tebow he's wearing a Nike touque and often a Nike shirt. I also never see him wearing Broncos gear, other than his jersey obviously. Anyone know if he's contractually obligated to wear Nike and not Reebok during his interviews?

Not sure but I know he has been very selective in his endorsements. He might have made an agreement with Nike to do that when off the field.