PDA

View Full Version : Brian Dawkins likely sidelined

cmc0605
12-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Bruton too. Damn, crappy news...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82526f66/article/broncos-likely-down-two-safeties-for-patriots-matchup?module=HP11_headline_stack

Dzone
12-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Bad news! Damn, I was afraid of that. Crap. 3 rookies starting in the secondary. Time for them all to rise up to Von Miller proportions.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Next man up. This is the perfect game for Carter and Moore to show that they are the future.

igoe4broncos
12-18-2011, 12:16 PM
He practiced Thursday and Friday did he not?

tebowtime5502
12-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Dawkins is afraid of Brady.

This is pathetic.

Joel
12-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Definitely bad news, probably more than makes up for Branch being out for the Pats. I was afraid of this after last weeks game, but when I saw the statement from Linday Jones that he was expected to play I was very encouraged. Guess she needs to check her source. :rolleyes: Our rookies looked BAD so far, with the exception of Harris, and even he still misses some plays due to inexperience. Sigh, I'm back to thinking our secondary is likely to be lit up today. Here's hoping the Lions bring their A game against Chokeland; that would make our lives a lot easier down the stretch.

bcbronc
12-18-2011, 01:41 PM
imo SD is the bigger threat for the division at this point, unless RunDMC gets back healthy.

hotcarl
12-18-2011, 02:46 PM
gpnkowski is going to eat our lucnh all ******* day

bcbronc
12-18-2011, 02:59 PM
gpnkowski is going to eat our lucnh all ******* day

imo Champ needs to be on Gronk.

Welker is "questionable" with a knee, being Bellycheck not sure how legit that is but if it slows him down at all that's a huge plus for us. Need to find out by playing him physical. When WW is in the slot, I'd have Harris bump him at the line with an o/s technique, and have the OLB to that side looking to knock Welker on his butt anytime WW takes an inside release.

Joel
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM
We sure missed him tonight, as we are likely to all next season. In the secondary, run stopping and as a blitzer, Dawkins would have been a huge asset against NE, as his absence from each was a huge asset FOR NE.

bcbronc
12-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Not to mention his intensity and leadership.

nevcraw
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
i think we win today with dawk

TXBRONC
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
i think we win today with dawk

I don't know if we would have won but it sure would have helped.

horsepig
12-18-2011, 10:46 PM
imo Champ needs to be on Gronk.

Welker is "questionable" with a knee, being Bellycheck not sure how legit that is but if it slows him down at all that's a huge plus for us. Need to find out by playing him physical. When WW is in the slot, I'd have Harris bump him at the line with an o/s technique, and have the OLB to that side looking to knock Welker on his butt anytime WW takes an inside release.

Gronk not like Champ.

bcbronc
12-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Gronk not like Champ.

I don't think Champ was on Gronk. I don' think Champ was on anyone in particular. I saw him lined up over Welker, EightFive and Hernandez...basically whoever lined up out wide on the defenses left.

I couldn't really pick up what they were doing vs Gronk. Looked like Moore playing over top sometimes, but not really sure. Pretty safe bet it will get an NFL replay, so something for peeps to watch for.

Joel
12-19-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't think Champ was on Gronk. I don' think Champ was on anyone in particular. I saw him lined up over Welker, EightFive and Hernandez...basically whoever lined up out wide on the defenses left.

I couldn't really pick up what they were doing vs Gronk. Looked like Moore playing over top sometimes, but not really sure. Pretty safe bet it will get an NFL replay, so something for peeps to watch for.
Makes sense given the shape our secondary is in: Champ took their biggest threat on any given down, which had more to do with formation than any given player, and the other guys went down the line on who was left. Unfortunately, "the other guys" are horrible and Brady lit us up like a Christmas tree, as expected. Keep Champ and Harris, then look for high draft picks to replace all the scrubs, starting with Goodman, Carter and Moore.

bcbronc
12-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Goodman, okay. But can't afford to kick Moore and Carter to the curb after only one season. That would be like McDaniels trading ASmith after just one year, and everyone agrees that was stupid.

Moore I'm slightly higher on than Carter at this point...not sure why Moore missed so many games earlier but it's a red flag. And he has missed tackles, most notably vs Marion the Barbarian on his TD run. On the other hand, he has made some nice open field tackles, and I don't tend to see as many passes caught with him being the nearest Bronco...whether that means he's doing a better job in pass coverage I couldn't say.

Still been a lot better than Carter at least the past two weeks. Carter's pursuit angles have been terrible, his tackling worse. Hard for me to believe he'll be able to develop into a high quality safety the way he's playing right now, but I'm never ready to close the book on a kid after just his rookie season.

Dzone
12-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Saw Quinten Carter miss several tackles