PDA

View Full Version : Shhhh...the secret to beating today's high flying offenses.

TT15Superman
12-16-2011, 09:59 PM
TunaBall. FoxBall.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19564215

Simms laughs when he hears the suggestion that Tebow might not be Fox's guy in the future.
"This is what John Fox has dreamed of," Simms said. "You run, you don't turn it over, you don't have to throw it a lot. This was his dream in Carolina. If John Fox had his way, he would throw under five times."

wayninja
12-16-2011, 10:10 PM
I know he was definitely not Elite, but honestly, I had a lot of respect for Simms when he beat us in the superbowl in what was it? 85? But as an analyst... Simms sucks.

But I did like this:

"Two things," Simms said. "I get annoyed at the (Tebow) believers who are crowing. And then I get annoyed at the non-believers who still are not believers.

sneakers
12-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Marty! Marty! Marty! Marty!

FanInAZ
12-16-2011, 10:52 PM
I know he was definitely not Elite, but honestly, I had a lot of respect for Simms when he beat us in the superbowl in what was it? 85?

SB XXI, January '87, following the '86 season.

Joel
12-16-2011, 11:20 PM
I had real difficulty getting past this:

Phil Simms thought he was qualified to know what it takes to play quarterback in the NFL.
The rest of that article is Simms giving a clinic in why his opinion on being an NFL QB is "borderline meaningless." He "won" two Super Bowls handing the ball off and watching LT and Co. destroy opposing offenses. Playing QB on a team where the number one qualification for doing so is "don't make any serious mistakes" may be the ONE aspect of football on which he can speak authoritatively.

I realized who'd be calling the game when I heard CBS had won the fight over NE@Denver, and cringed: Now I'll be treated to another Sunday of Phil Simms saying alternately obvious and outright incorrect things while Jim Nantz rides his jock and reads off stats other people compiled in a bid to make himself seem knowledgeable and relevant. Ominously, the way that usually goes for me is I get to hear Simms explain all the wrong reasons the Broncos are losing while Nantz nods dourly and tells him how smart he is.

If we win, it will not be because we play football like Simms did and hand off to our running back 40 times (or hand off to our back 20 times and let Tebow run it 20 times, something Simms would never have dared attempt.) If we stay close, it will be because our offense is able to hang with Brady just enough while our D gets pressure on him and our overmatched secondary inexplicably stays with his huge arsenal or receivers. If we lose, I wouldn't put it past Simms to explain it was because we couldn't get our running game going and/or didn't try (never mind that we were down by 20 points at the half.)

tebowtime5502
12-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Tebow could put up 30 points a game if he was unleashed.

Tebow is one of the few QBs that can win playing ANY style.

T2, if selfish, would DEMAND more passing attempts.

HOWEVER, T2 is GOD first and TEAM second.

Therefore, T2 SUCCEEDS.