PDA

View Full Version : Prater getting his props

catfish
12-16-2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19559196

Dzone
12-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Thats good. He has to be the best kicker in football, esp combining field goals with the number of touchbacks he causes . He could be the best kicker in NFL history. He is also excellent at the onside kick.
I couldnt believe that Jeff Darlington in NFL magazine called him Matt Prager. He wont be calling him Prager any more

pnbronco
12-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm so glad we have him on our team. I think this line said it all:

Prater has been the team's most consistent offense recently, hitting 8-of-9 field goals over the past four games (the only miss a block last week against Chicago). He also has proved to be quite clutch, with four walkoff game-winners in the Broncos' current 7-1 streak

WTE
12-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Prater, isn't he the guy who tried to bang a stripper in a hotel room this summer but got in a hit and run in the hotel parking lot and never got his dick wet?

BroncoJoe
12-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Prater, isn't he the guy who tried to bang a stripper in a hotel room this summer but got in a hit and run in the hotel parking lot and never got his dick wet?

Yep. From Shotgun Willies. Several here know that place well :shocked:

Ravage!!!
12-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Prater can be the guy that people use as their example in somone being disliked and boo'd their rookie year. Most the people on the message boards were ready to hang him from the highest tree his rookie season because of some misses at 40 yrds.

Interestingly enough, I was one of the very few to post stat threads to defend his play.

BroncoWave
12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Prater can be the guy that people use as their example in somone being disliked and boo'd their rookie year. Most the people on the message boards were ready to hang him from the highest tree his rookie season because of some misses at 40 yrds.

Interestingly enough, I was one of the very few to post stat threads to defend his play.

He still struggles big time between 40 and 50 but other than that can't really complain about his play. I'm not ready to crown him the best kicker in the league but I am certainly glad we have him.

Ravage!!!
12-16-2011, 11:59 AM
He still struggles big time between 40 and 50 but other than that can't really complain about his play. I'm not ready to crown him the best kicker in the league but I am certainly glad we have him.

Yeah, that does remain his weak distance for sure. Weird that it is considering he's got the leg. Maybe hitting that 59 yarder will boost the confidence in his leg to plow through the ball on the 40 yrders :whoknows:

BroncoWave
12-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Yeah, that does remain his weak distance for sure. Weird that it is considering he's got the leg. Maybe hitting that 59 yarder will boost the confidence in his leg to plow through the ball on the 40 yrders :whoknows:

He should just start pretending that all of his kicks are 50 yarders and kick the ball accordingly. :lol:

Ravage!!!
12-16-2011, 12:10 PM
He should just start pretending that all of his kicks are 50 yarders and kick the ball accordingly. :lol:

apparently, he's 3-4 in 50+, and only 3-7 in 40-49...... seems it shoudl be the other way around. I think the coaches need to lie to him when he's heading onto the field.

when we have a 43 yard kick, yell out "Ok prater, we need you to kick this 55 yarder for us... go do it!"

SM19
12-16-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm sure it's just noise. He converted 80% of kicks in the 40-49 range in both 2010 and 2009.

catfish
12-16-2011, 03:29 PM
apparently, he's 3-4 in 50+, and only 3-7 in 40-49...... seems it shoudl be the other way around. I think the coaches need to lie to him when he's heading onto the field.

when we have a 43 yard kick, yell out "Ok prater, we need you to kick this 55 yarder for us... go do it!"

once we get prater imagining it is 50 yds + and tebow imagining there are only 5 minutes left this team is ******* unstoppable....who is the imagination coach? ;)

BroncoWave
12-16-2011, 03:50 PM
once we get prater imagining it is 50 yds + and tebow imagining there are only 5 minutes left this team is ******* unstoppable....who is the imagination coach? ;)

Get the WRs imagining it's the last 5 minutes as well.

NameUsedBefore
12-16-2011, 04:09 PM
40-49 was Elam's worst range IIRC.

WARHORSE
12-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Prater will own the record for longest placekick before its over.

I hope he goes ahead and makes it at 70 yards.

The guy has worked hard to become a great kicker, and he has become CLUTCH.

In fact, I think we should just call him CLUTCH Prater.