PDA

View Full Version : Whose under more pressure to win this game?

lgenf
12-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Denver riding a 6 game win streak and facing the best opponent they have since Detroit which murdered us, or Brady and co. Who the rest of the nfl is begging to end our streak and this Tebow love fest going on in the media.

Mind you the pts are 2-12 or something like that history at mile high, they are already a 7 pt favorite and with home field giving you 3' that means the experts are thinking the pats are 10 pts better then we are.

So with all the hype this week, whose under more pressure to win?

Oh yeah, and add to the fact that both teams are trying to hold on to first place in their divisions

cmc0605
12-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I think we need to win this game, or at least put up a helluva fight in order to be taken seriously as a team that can contend with big boy offenses. It is a good test to see how are team can adapt when forced to put up more than 13 points. Tebow has made some good strides in the passing game in the last two weeks, and he needs to take advantage of a weak NE secondary, and those WRs need to step up and play big, make catches, etc As much as I love Tebow magic and our pass rush, our run game, etc, we haven't actually played good offenses this year outside of Green Bay and Detroit...we all know how those games turned out. San Diego is close but they aren't as good as Brady and co. right now

wayninja
12-15-2011, 03:05 PM
We are.

Northman
12-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Definitely us. We can show the world that we are contenders not pretenders.

BigDaddyBronco
12-15-2011, 03:12 PM
We are. To be a legitimate playoff team, we need to show up and play well. Beating them takes us from lucky to good.

If the Pats lose, it's a road game at a place where they have struggled, against a team on a roll. Plus they have a little cushion on the Jets.

If we lose in a close one, our magical streak has ended, but we can still make the playoffs. If we get the beat down then everyone gets piled on (especially Tebow if he struggles) and we were just lucky. That makes it harder to travel to the Bills and play next week and finish out against a rival.

We need to win or at least not lose our confidence so we can finish out the year with two more wins.

Fullback32
12-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Denver is for sure. If the Broncs lose, especially if they lose badly, all the Tebow love from the media turns...real quick. Merrill Hoge will get his "see, I told you so" moment. No one wants that.

Cugel
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Denver is for sure. If the Broncs lose, especially if they lose badly, all the Tebow love from the media turns...real quick. Merrill Hoge will get his "see, I told you so" moment. No one wants that.

"OMG!!! Get the fainting salts! Somebody said MEAN things about Tim Tebow!" You people are fixated on the trivial! :ranger:

The Pats are trying to get a 1st round bye and need to win to do it. They are the team that has to win, not the Broncos.

The Broncos are likely to make the playoffs and win the division even if they lose. They have two "should win" games left at Buffalo (falling apart) and at home versus the woeful Chiefs.

That means 10-6 and the division title is in the bag (Broncos own the tie-breaker v. the Raiders).

The Broncos ARE going to lose at some point. So, there's no point getting wrapped up in what the media says about Tebow.

wayninja
12-15-2011, 05:05 PM
"OMG!!! Get the fainting salts! Somebody said MEAN things about Tim Tebow!" You people are fixated on the trivial! :ranger:

The Pats are trying to get a 1st round bye and need to win to do it. They are the team that has to win, not the Broncos.

The Broncos are likely to make the playoffs and win the division even if they lose. They have two "should win" games left at Buffalo (falling apart) and at home versus the woeful Chiefs.

That means 10-6 and the division title is in the bag (Broncos own the tie-breaker v. the Raiders).

The Broncos ARE going to lose at some point. So, there's no point getting wrapped up in what the media says about Tebow.

Conversely, the Patriots could still get their first round bye with a loss and they will also make the playoffs.

The game is bigger for us because if we win, it will prove to the locker room that we CAN win a big game and deserve to be in the playoffs. If we lose, I see this being a turning point and we start going downhill from here.

Fullback32
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM

I'm NOT wrapped up in what the media says about Tebow. As a matter of fact, I am quite tired of it. Though my stance on Tebow has softened a bit, I am not still not convinced that he is a long term solution at QB. When it comes to the media coverage, I'm just saying it will happen. The team does not need negative distractions like that.

If the Broncos win this game, it will be HUGE for them going into the playoffs. Momentum is everything this time of year, especially for a team like the Broncos.

NightTerror218
12-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Bigger game for us, if we lose it puts us closer to missing playoffs. And by winning we can prove to be legit team.

TXBRONC
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Conversely, the Patriots could still get their first round bye with a loss and they will also make the playoffs.

The game is bigger for us because if we win, it will prove to the locker room that we CAN win a big game and deserve to be in the playoffs. If we lose, I see this being a turning point and we start going downhill from here.

The Patriots can afford to lose this game and it wont prevent them from getting into the playoffs. It's more important for Denver to win it.

Slick
12-15-2011, 05:16 PM
I agree with Cugel here.

Tom Brady is supposed to march down the field at will.

Noone believes the Broncos can win this game. The pressure is all on New England.

GEM
12-15-2011, 05:17 PM
The Pats are. They are expected to win...by large margins. If the Broncos lose, it was expected. If they win, it will be utter astonishment.

BTW....if the Broncos win, the NE area will triple it's current suicide rate. :laugh:

lgenf
12-15-2011, 05:20 PM
The Pats are. They are expected to win...by large margins. If the Broncos lose, it was expected. If they win, it will be utter astonishment.

BTW....if the Broncos win, the NE area will triple it's current suicide rate. :laugh:

I'm with you gem

camdisco24
12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah I would have to say the Pats. We weren't even expected to be in playoff contention at this point in the season. If that Pats can't beat us, there will be much more concern surrounding them than us, IMO. We're building AND winning, no one expected us to win out after the Lions.

That being said, I am SO nervous for this game because I want to WIN WIN WIN. This has been a great six weeks!!

wayninja
12-15-2011, 05:56 PM
I dunno, I agree that since the pats are favorites that puts more pressure on them to realize that, but I still think the Broncos are in a very fragile 'bubble' and they know it. You definitely don't want the bubble to burst. I see the Pats, while being somewhat embarrassed, being able to bounce back from the loss much easier than we could, and we know it.

NightTerror218
12-15-2011, 06:05 PM
If we lose I wonder if TT will give a speech to the team like he did at Flordia. He motivated his college team. I think if we would lose that we would not calapse like in 09.

Sinthor
12-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Both teams need and want the win but the Patriots are under more pressure, no question. They're "supposed" to win and are the championship team template for the last decade or so. Getting knocked down by the "upstart" Broncos and their new QB would be a much bigger story than them getting the expected victory. The Broncos on the other hand, are expected to fall to earth and haven't been expected to do as well as they have. No pressure on them, just an opportunity to use the Patriots as a measuring stick for themselves.

Canmore
12-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I think we need to win this game, or at least put up a helluva fight in order to be taken seriously as a team that can contend with big boy offenses. It is a good test to see how are team can adapt when forced to put up more than 13 points. Tebow has made some good strides in the passing game in the last two weeks, and he needs to take advantage of a weak NE secondary, and those WRs need to step up and play big, make catches, etc As much as I love Tebow magic and our pass rush, our run game, etc, we haven't actually played good offenses this year outside of Green Bay and Detroit...we all know how those games turned out. San Diego is close but they aren't as good as Brady and co. right now

Orton quarterbacked the Green Bay debacle. Detroit was an embarrassment, I'll give you that. Rivers is one of the elite quarterbacks in this league and San Diego has the talent to play with anyone. Get rid of Norv Turner and they probably would have won a Super Bowl recently. At the least, they would have played for one. Let's see what plays out tomorrow before we make any proclamations of doom and gloom.

Nomad
12-18-2011, 12:20 AM
I agree with Cugel here.

Tom Brady is supposed to march down the field at will.

Noone believes the Broncos can win this game. The pressure is all on New England.

I agree with Slick!

Canmore
12-18-2011, 12:24 AM
I dunno, I agree that since the pats are favorites that puts more pressure on them to realize that, but I still think the Broncos are in a very fragile 'bubble' and they know it. You definitely don't want the bubble to burst. I see the Pats, while being somewhat embarrassed, being able to bounce back from the loss much easier than we could, and we know it.

I don't think the Broncos are "fragile". Denver is going to play hard irregardless of who the opponent is and they really don't care about the naysayers. Right now the Broncos believe they can beat anyone. I don't see a bump in the road, if that happens slowing them down. Time will tell.

Nomad
12-18-2011, 12:25 AM
If we lose I wonder if TT will give a speech to the team like he did at Flordia. He motivated his college team. I think if we would lose that we would not calapse like in 09.

He gave that speech after the Lions game.

BTW, that's when the Gators lost to Ole Miss in 08 by 1 point and then the Gators went on a tear, undefeated for the rest of the year and a National Championship.

camdisco24
12-18-2011, 12:48 AM
He gave that speech after the Lions game.

BTW, that's when the Gators lost to Ole Miss in 08 by 1 point and then the Gators went on a tear, undefeated for the rest of the year and a National Championship.

So obviously we're going to the Superbowl. DUH!

Joel
12-18-2011, 01:20 PM
They are. Unless we get completely buried from the opening kickoff (and possibly even then) a loss would simply show we can't yet beat arguably the best team of the decade when they're still one of the top 3 teams in the Conference. We'd still be very much alive in the Division (in fact, the Raiders would have to beat Detroit just to SHARE first place) and a playoff favorite that only need play reasonably well against on the road against a Bills team with 5 wins and hosting the awful Chiefs to end the season.

If NE wins they'll be the latest victim of Tebowmania and have an uphill battle to get a first round bye (the Texans' toughest remaining opponent is Tennessee, and the eventual AFC North winner should also get a bye.) Homefield through the playoffs would be off the table, big questions would be raised about whether their wretched D is good enough to keep them alive down the stretch and there would still be an outside chance the Jets could win the Division.

NE needs this game a lot more than we do, which is one of many reasons I expect it to be hard for us. My biggest concern is that if the Tebow magic doesn't work this time the team will be wholly unprepared to face Buffalo and KC, but as long as that doesn't happen and we beat both those teams (which we should) losing this game wouldn't really hurt us, and it would hurt NE.

lgenf
12-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Joel

You gotta learn how to condense your thoughts man

Joel
12-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Joel

You gotta learn how to condense your thoughts man
Been working on it a while, but ask a complex question and get a complex answer. ;) Forced to choose between doing it right or fast, I'll always pick the former.

lgenf
12-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Been working on it a while, but ask a complex question and get a complex answer. ;) Forced to choose between doing it right or fast, I'll always pick the former.

Good point

And concise.......2 pts for Joel