PDA

View Full Version : Tebow cool under pressure

Davii
12-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Good write up on the post highlighting a few things from Tim being wired for the game. I truly don't understand anyone not liking this kid on a personal level. I believe the things he mentions speak volumes about Tim as a leader as well.

Link (http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/db_19761/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=9XYGU8RD)

wayninja
12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Good write up on the post highlighting a few things from Tim being wired for the game. I truly don't understand anyone not liking this kid on a personal level. I believe the things he mentions speak volumes about Tim as a leader as well.

Link (http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/db_19761/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=9XYGU8RD)

I heard this yesterday on the sneak preview and was listening for him 'singing the hymn' when the fumble happened and never heard it. I definitely heard Jeremiah Johnson screaming "I TOLD YOU TEBOW!", and saw Tim calmly get up and start walking toward the field, but there was no audio... Anyone else?

Davii
12-15-2011, 01:10 PM
I heard this yesterday on the sneak preview and was listening for him 'singing the hymn' when the fumble happened and never heard it. I definitely heard Jeremiah Johnson screaming "I TOLD YOU TEBOW!", and saw Tim calmly get up and start walking toward the field, but there was no audio... Anyone else?

I didn't get to start watching until late, fell asleep in the forth quarter, so I haven't made it there yet.

bcbronc
12-15-2011, 05:54 PM
I didn't catch during the NFL replay, but heard it during the sound FX program that followed.

wayninja
12-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I didn't catch during the NFL replay, but heard it during the sound FX program that followed.

That's what I was talking about, the sound FX program. I heard him singing some song while warming up before the game, but no hymn singing after the ball was fumbled and J J was going nuts... maybe I need to rewatch.

NightTerror218
12-15-2011, 06:08 PM
That's what I was talking about, the sound FX program. I heard him singing some song while warming up before the game, but no hymn singing after the ball was fumbled and J J was going nuts... maybe I need to rewatch.

It is not a "hymn" it is just a worship song (IMO, hymns are in the hymnal, that song is a worship song originated by a band like several worship songs used). I sing same some in my church. I noticed his singing during that sound FX program.

So after the game with McCoy was to hug Tebow, who was talking, Tebow or McCoy? You can see who is talking.

bcbronc
12-15-2011, 06:16 PM

It was a few seconds after jj goes nuts, when thyre walking on the field. You do have to listen though, its drowned out by crowd noise and only a line or two.

Tbh not really sure what the fuss is. I know when I'm mountain bike riding I find myself singing to myself all the time when I'm having a good ride. Helps keep me focused, probably the same thing with tebow. Just a technique to help stay in the moment. *shrugs*

NightTerror218
12-15-2011, 06:19 PM
It was a few seconds after jj goes nuts, when thyre walking on the field. You do have to listen though, its drowned out by crowd noise and only a line or two.

Tbh not really sure what the fuss is. I know when I'm mountain bike riding I find myself singing to myself all the time when I'm having a good ride. Helps keep me focused, probably the same thing with tebow. Just a technique to help stay in the moment. *shrugs*

I did it during basketball (what ever song came to mind). Used it to get into a shooting rhythm.

camdisco24
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM

Yeah as mentioned, it wasn't as easy to hear but he started singing "he came from heaven to earth to show the way" right after the fumble when everyone was going crazy. Pretty cool to see him that calm in a situation like that.

TimHippo
12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah as mentioned, it wasn't as easy to hear but he started singing "he came from heaven to earth to show the way" right after the fumble when everyone was going crazy. Pretty cool to see him that calm in a situation like that.

I thought it was pretty clear he was singing. It's when he walks off the sideline and onto the field.

wayninja
12-15-2011, 06:54 PM

Meh, there's no fuss. The article in the OP and the sneak preview from yesterday both mentioned and I just didn't hear it. No big deal. Seems I'll need to rewatch and turn the volume up a bit if I want to catch it.

bcbronc
12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Meh, there's no fuss. The article in the OP and the sneak preview from yesterday both mentioned and I just didn't hear it. No big deal. Seems I'll need to rewatch and turn the volume up a bit if I want to catch it.

so there's no fuss....yet it was mentioned in the sneak preview...and in the article posted by the OP....okay then.

#figureitout

Dzone
12-15-2011, 09:42 PM

I agree. The people I know in chicago have shown a level of hatred that I have never seen before in sports. Sad. I was so tempted to ask them if they like this this Hurd guy who plays for the bears and got arrested today for intent to distribute cocaine and marijuana throughout the city of Chicago. I guess those are the kinds of athletes chicagoans would rather embrace than Tebow.

Dzone
12-15-2011, 09:47 PM
According to this weeks SI article(a must read), in a group hug with Tebow, Gase and McCoy, McCoy thanked Tebow and said "You kept believing! You kept believing! I love you! I love you!"

wayninja
12-15-2011, 09:48 PM
so there's no fuss....yet it was mentioned in the sneak preview...and in the article posted by the OP....okay then.

#figureitout

Correct. There is no fuss. No idea what you are talking about. It was a description of a moment in the program. Why that would constitute a 'fuss' to you is something you'd really need to elaborate on to make any sense.

bcbronc
12-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Correct. There is no fuss. No idea what you are talking about. It was a description of a moment in the program. Why that would constitute a 'fuss' to you is something you'd really need to elaborate on to make any sense.

it being mentioned by multiple media sources would be some fuss, would it not? anyway, not really sure why your butt hurt because I don't understand why multiple media sources have explicitly mentioned he was singing a hymn. Just your thang I guess. :beer:

TT15Superman
12-16-2011, 12:18 AM

worship/praise/inspirational music...whatever you want to call it.

songs Timmy was, um, "singing" [stick to qb'ing young man ;-)]

OT:
"Lord, I lift your name on high"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAixELY7I2o&feature=related

during warm-up...
"Awesome God"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38V8jnN1Kpw

personally, I like a little more metal in my praise music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcsIdGOuZY&ob=av2e
(a song that was played in a promo for Sunday night football)

there's always Faith+1...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMHve4U3JA&feature=watch_response

wayninja
12-16-2011, 12:23 AM
it being mentioned by multiple media sources would be some fuss, would it not?

No, not particularly. Both sources were basically carbon copies of each other.

anyway, not really sure why your butt hurt because I don't understand why multiple media sources have explicitly mentioned he was singing a hymn. Just your thang I guess. :beer:

Pointing out that you aren't making any sense is hardly butthurt. But if it makes you feel better....

Maybe you should actually research the sources before saying uninformed things? :shrugs:

camdisco24
12-16-2011, 12:25 AM
it being mentioned by multiple media sources would be some fuss, would it not? anyway, not really sure why your butt hurt because I don't understand why multiple media sources have explicitly mentioned he was singing a hymn. Just your thang I guess. :beer:

Just because someone responds to you doesn't mean they are butt-hurt... :rolleyes:

pikkiwoki
12-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Down 3, 30 seconds left, on your own 40 yard line, staring down the vaunted Bears defense...

Suddenly, the heart and soul of that defense, Urlacher comes free, bearing down on you. You take a quick glance and see him coming (watch Tebow's head), moments away from wearing your ribcage as a hat. But you don't panic, you know where your open receiver is, and you let it fly, just as Urlacher mauls you.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k6hoMeJBcj4/TurfzAhl3PI/AAAAAAAAACs/sRTDAoZQ7Zo/s1600/tebow+urlacher+25+web+opt+31.gif

Umm, yeah, I'd say this kid is cool under pressure.

TT15Superman
12-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Down 3, 30 seconds left, on your own 40 yard line, staring down the vaunted Bears defense...

Suddenly, the heart and soul of that defense, Urlacher comes free, bearing down on you. You take a quick glance and see him coming (watch Tebow's head), moments away from wearing your ribcage as a hat. But you don't panic, you know where your open receiver is, and you let it fly, just as Urlacher mauls you.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k6hoMeJBcj4/TurfzAhl3PI/AAAAAAAAACs/sRTDAoZQ7Zo/s1600/tebow+urlacher+25+web+opt+31.gif

pretty good for a running back, eh? But that throwing motion is way too slow. *sarcasm*

... you should actually research the sources before saying uninformed things? :shrugs:I think you are in the wrong here...see my post above of the songs he was singing. The sources were right...except they weren't "hymns" in the sense of gospel music, but hymns of praise songs.

wayninja
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
I think you are in the wrong here...see my post above of the songs he was singing. The sources were right...except they weren't "hymns" in the sense of gospel music, but hymns of praise songs.

No, that's not what we were talking about. I conceded a while ago that I must simply have missed/not heard Timmy at that time and I needed to rewatch. bcbronc was saying that mentioning this act was a 'fuss' because multiple sources reported it. The 'multiple sources' were simply repeating each other.

So it has nothing to do with what Timmy was doing, it was weather or not a 'fuss' was being made of it. No fuss was made. We were not arguing (nor do I think either of us care) what distinction of musical genre he was singing.

Dzone
12-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Heres a new Tebow song. This is actually pretty good. All he do is win...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDU1LYFXwP8&feature=related

claymore
12-16-2011, 11:03 AM

It was a completed pass to an uncovered WR. I dont see why you are putting so much lipstick on it. We owe that to a breakdown in coverage. Tebow should make that throw.

The Glue Factory
12-16-2011, 01:23 PM
It was a completed pass to an uncovered WR. I dont see why you are putting so much lipstick on it. We owe that to a breakdown in coverage. Tebow should make that throw.

And how many times do we see a veteran QB over/under throw a pass just like that due to an anticipated hit? Notice that Tebow even looks at Urlacher before he passes to Willis.

TT15Superman
12-16-2011, 01:29 PM
It was a completed pass to an uncovered WR. I dont see why you are putting so much lipstick on it. We owe that to a breakdown in coverage. Tebow should make that throw.No "lipstick" about it.

Still impressive for a 10-game starter to make that throw in a pressure situation.

Maybe not so "impressive" if Rodgers or Brees made that throw, but then again, they could have easily missed it, too, and people would give them a pass.

BroncoJoe
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM

Fox on the sidelines in the background is funny!

I thinks that's Fox anyway...

pikkiwoki
12-16-2011, 02:00 PM

i've heard about you :lol:

Davii
12-16-2011, 02:31 PM

If not for the completed pass shouldn't he get credit for not curling up in the fetal position?

That whole fetal position thing just seemed to be how it's done the last few years...

TT15Superman
12-16-2011, 03:46 PM
If not for the completed pass shouldn't he get credit for not curling up in the fetal position?

That whole fetal position thing just seemed to be how it's done the last few years...Isn't that the truth...or if not fetal, a game-ending INT/fumble. (And some lame post-game excuse about how it wasn't his (the QB's) fault...and it was "water under the bridge" - time to move on to the next game/opponent). Along with that are us Broncos fans accepting that excuse, saying, "well, this team just isn't that good right now...just wait until NEXT year! We have a "winner" at QB who can spin it reallll good and tight...he just needs a better O-line and running game."

Joel
12-16-2011, 03:53 PM

A well thrown pass, no doubt, but I'm actually more impressed with Jeremiah Johnson cutting Urlachers legs out from under him. Urlacher actually had to pick himself up off the ground to come after Tebow (for all that MLBs don't blitz ;)) and without Johnsons block that's a sack.

wayninja
12-16-2011, 03:55 PM

That whole fetal position thing just seemed to be how it's done the last few years...

When you say it that way it sounds so cowardly. It's not done out fear, it's a protection mechanism like the pillbug:

http://severinghaus.org/gallery/d/697-2/DSCF2516_pillbug_defense_sm.jpg