PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Vets Play Prank On Marshall

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/Pro.Bowl.broncos.2.924708.html

Lombardi: Pro Bowl Vets Play Prank On Marshall

Editor's Note: CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi is in Hawaii and filing reports for CBS4 via Skype about the 2009 Pro Bowl in Honolulu on Sunday. He's hanging out with the three Broncos in the Pro Bowl -- Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler and Casey Wiegmann -- and also filing dispatches for cbs4denver.com below.

Tuesday, Feb. 3 - Yoloha from Oahu!

Monday was arrival day here at the Pro Bowl. Players were required to attend a 7 p.m. meeting (the actual meeting lasted about 20 minutes and then they spent the next 60 minutes autographing various Pro Bowl paraphenalia for NFL charities).

We saw a veritable who's who of professional football players gathered around the swimming pool this morning: Manning, Lewis, Portis, Gonzalez, Marshall.

Yes, that last name is in reference to Brandon Marshall. He has finally arrived as an elite player in this game. He looked immensely proud today as he rubbed elbows with the likes of Steve Smith, Jason Witten and Kerry Collins. Little did he know, they were charging all of their drinks to his room, which happens to be a tradition here at the Pro Bowl. You never want to reveal your room number! Costly mistake.

The teams will practice this morning at a local high school. Practice?? Yeah, it'll be about as intense as a morning bath. They just hope to learn a few plays, wear matching socks and get out of dodge without any injuries. In this game, winning really doesn't matter. (Although players from the winning team each receive an extra 20-grand as motivation. And by the time the young players see their room bills, they're gonna need that extra cheese).

SPOTTED: Jay Cutler huddled next to the Manning brothers. The trio got into a lengthy and lively conversation about beating the Cover 2 defense. At least, that's what I think they were talking about. It was all foreign to me.

HILITE OF THE DAY: My kid connecting with Steve Smith's kid on a 30-yard bomb during the daily pickup football game. All the kids play on the adjoining NFL field which is located next to the resort. Little buggers won't let me play.

Until tomorrow...Yoloha.

Monday, Feb. 2 - Mahalo from Oahu!!

... Or as the natives like to say, "thanks for paying $22 for a $2 cheeseburger!!"

My goodness, I knew Hawaii was expensive but this borders on the obscene. Don't these people realize we are in the middle of economic crisis? I might have to take up spearfishing just to feed my family for the rest of this vacation.

Anyway, we watched the Super Bowl yesterday with Jay Cutler, Casey Wiegman and other assorted Pro Bowlers whom I could not identify (except for Peyton Manning who made my son's day by slapping him a high-five. My kid has watched Manning's SNL skit on YouTube about 3,000 times).

It's fun watching NFL'ers get into a game like normal fans. Although, most of them were rooting for particular players rather than teams.

Most of the contingent sided with the Cardinals. They couldn't believe the refs didn't review that alleged fumble by Warner to end the game. Yes, even in Hawaii they blame the officials. And the media. Which is why I'm trying to go incognito all week.

Cutler says he's really excited to play in this Pro Bowl game on Sunday, unlike 99 percent of the players who made the trip out here.

He hasn't thrown a football since the last pass he threw against San Diego to close the season. He told me he had a nice visit with new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels last week. He's excited about learning the new offense.

Won't be easy. The Patriots offense is very much like a foreign language, with a completely different numbering system.

Wiegman is making his first appearance at the Pro Bowl. Well-deserved. He was the Broncos top free agent catch last season. And yes, he does plan on coming back for another year.

So does Brandon Stokley. The entire Bronco offense should be returning next season.

As for the defense, better break out the name tags, we could see a completely different crew next season.

Saw Brandon Marshall this morning. He told me he has a "huge surprise" planned for the game on Sunday. I wish I could share it with you, but he'd throw me through an entertainment center if I did.

Eddie Royal, Ryan Harris and Patrick Ramsey will also be here this week, all as guests of Mr. Cutler.

By the way, this is the final year the Pro Bowl will be played in Hawaii. I guess the NFL is tired of paying for those $22 cheeseburgers as well. Next year, the game moves to the site of the Super Bowl. They'll actually play it the week before the big game.

Off to the golf course! Hoping to fleece some of these Pro Bowlers of their cash.

Until then, Mahalo. Or Aloha. Or Blagoyevich. Whatever.

Vic

Den21vsBal19
02-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes, that last name is in reference to Brandon Marshall. He has finally arrived as an elite player in this game. He looked immensely proud today as he rubbed elbows with the likes of Steve Smith, Jason Witten and Kerry Collins. Little did he know, they were charging all of their drinks to his room, which happens to be a tradition here at the Pro Bowl. You never want to reveal your room number! Costly mistake.

Oh, that's cruel!!!!!!!! :rofl:

broncofaninfla
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Wonder why Cutler didn't take Clady?

TXBRONC
02-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't that the Patriots offense was any more complex than the one Cutler ran this past season.

fcspikeit
02-03-2009, 03:30 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/Pro.Bowl.broncos.2.924708.html

SPOTTED: Jay Cutler huddled next to the Manning brothers. The trio got into a lengthy and lively conversation about beating the Cover 2 defense. At least, that's what I think they were talking about. It was all foreign to me.

He hasn't thrown a football since the last pass he threw against San Diego to close the season. He told me he had a nice visit with new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels last week. He's excited about learning the new offense.

Vic

A couple things that caught my attention, I love the fact Cutler is talking with Manning! Drain his brain Jay!

This says Cutler already met with McDaniels? I thought they were to meet for the first time after the Pro Bowl?

Thanks for posting Carol :salute:

fcspikeit
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Wonder why Cutler didn't take Clady?

I wondered that too, maybe he could only take 3 people with him, still, I would be kissing some Clady butt! Maybe Clady couldn't go or he didn't want to go until he gets chosen?

Who knows..

NightTrainLayne
02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I guess if they play the Pro-Bowl the week before the Super-bowl that it will eliminate any of the SB players from playing. .. not that many of them do anyways.

Lonestar
02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I wondered that too, maybe he could only take 3 people with him, still, I would be kissing some Clady butt! Maybe Clady couldn't go or he didn't want to go until he gets chosen?

Who knows..

you Idaho guys stick together don't you..

broncofaninfla
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I guess if they play the Pro-Bowl the week before the Super-bowl that it will eliminate any of the SB players from playing. .. not that many of them do anyways.

Hopefully we won't have ANY players in the Pro Bowl next year because they will be getting ready for the big game the following week.

fcspikeit
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
you Idaho guys stick together don't you..

If that was truly the case, I would have to be Plummers biggest fan :shocked:

If I were QB, of everyone on the team, Clady is the last guy I would want upset at me.. :D

dogfish
02-03-2009, 04:55 PM
BAHAHAHAHA!!!

rook! :hahaha:

TXBRONC
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
A couple things that caught my attention, I love the fact Cutler is talking with Manning! Drain his brain Jay!

This says Cutler already met with McDaniels? I thought they were to meet for the first time after the Pro Bowl?

Thanks for posting Carol :salute:

I took it to mean that it was same phone conversations that have already been reported on.

broncofaninfla
02-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Looks like he did bring Clady afterall, copy and paste from the Denver Post:

Cutler is opening up his checkbook to bring left tackle Ryan Clady, receiver Eddie Royal and tight end Tony Scheffler to the island. Cutler also brought over his foundation head, Marty Garafalo, and Broncos media relations assistant Patrick Smyth. Marshall brought along his mom, dad, 90-year-old grandmother Yuki Nogami, his girlfriend, his girlfriend's mom, Broncos media relations assistant Dave Gaylinn and a couple of friends.

frauschieze
02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Hope that's a new girlfriend that Marshall brought and not the old one. :shocked:

NightTrainLayne
02-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Hope that's a new girlfriend that Marshall brought and not the old one. :shocked:

I hope so too. .. because I called it in the other thread. . .His "surprise announcement" will be a proposal during the game. I'd hate to be right about that, and then see it's with the old girl.

denbroncofan26
02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the Marshall Joey Porter beef? I wonder if they have had a confrontation yet. Porter was saying he was going to scare and intimidate Marshall this week...

Zweems56
02-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the Marshall Joey Porter beef? I wonder if they have had a confrontation yet. Porter was saying he was going to scare and intimidate Marshall this week...

Porter is a ******* tool.

fcspikeit
02-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Looks like he did bring Clady afterall, copy and paste from the Denver Post:

Cutler is opening up his checkbook to bring left tackle Ryan Clady, receiver Eddie Royal and tight end Tony Scheffler to the island. Cutler also brought over his foundation head, Marty Garafalo, and Broncos media relations assistant Patrick Smyth. Marshall brought along his mom, dad, 90-year-old grandmother Yuki Nogami, his girlfriend, his girlfriend's mom, Broncos media relations assistant Dave Gaylinn and a couple of friends.

That report didn't say anything about Harris, does that mean he took Clady instead of Harris?

broncofaninfla
02-04-2009, 01:55 PM
That report didn't say anything about Harris, does that mean he took Clady instead of Harris?

I'm guessing he took both Clady and Harris?

fcspikeit
02-04-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm guessing he took both Clady and Harris?

I hope so, I don't see how you could take one without the other, you wouldn't want it to be seen as showing favorites.. Maybe he should have taken the entire O-line with him?

Bronco Bible
02-04-2009, 07:03 PM

Who knows..

Which should be very soon & hopefully often:coffee:

Cheez Whiz
02-04-2009, 09:05 PM

I don't think it is.

a few months back, a few Broncos players were at some event with Will Smith.

Anyways, Brandon Marshall had a girl attached to his side, she didn't look crazy, maybe it's the same girl? Who knows.

fcspikeit
02-05-2009, 12:06 AM
I don't think it is.

a few months back, a few Broncos players were at some event with Will Smith.

Anyways, Brandon Marshall had a girl attached to his side, she didn't look crazy, maybe it's the same girl? Who knows.

You don't think it is the old girlfriend? Or you don't think it is a new one?