PDA

View Full Version : Must see TV tonight: Tim Tebow miked up for Bears game

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2011, 03:29 PM
This is tonight 12-14

Just got a sneak preview of NFL Films “Sound Effects” piece on Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow, who was wired for sound during the game Sunday against the Chicago Bears.

What struck me foremost is how remarkably calm Tebow is during what we otherwise call “Tebow Time.” Crunch time. Do-or-die time. For instance, Bears running back Marion Barber III fumbled the ball away in overtime. Pandemonium broke out on the Broncos’ sideline. Running back Jeremiah Johnson, sitting next to Tebow on the bench, went nuts. Johnson jumped up like a firecracker went off under his seat. He started pounding repeatedly on Tebow’s shoulder pads, yelling, screaming.

Tebow’s reaction? At first he said nothing. He slowly got off the bench and as he started walking on the field, he started quietly singing a hymn. Not above a whisper, but here the world was turned upside down in an instant and Tebow was singing.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/12/14/must-see-tv-tonight-tebow-miked-up-for-bears-game/11249/

slim
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
I liked this part -

Another moment comes after Demaryius Thomas lets a long Tebow pass slip through his fingers. Thomas then, and later, said he short-armed the ball and he should have caught it for a touchdown. After the incompletion, a bummed Thomas is on the bench. Again Tebow is sitting to the left. Again, Tebow puts his arm around Thomas and says: “”You’re good. Hey, no big deal. It just makes it closer for a little bit longer. You’re about to catch the game-winner. And then you’ll be the hero of the game.”

TXBRONC
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
NFLN is also going have the Bears vs. the Broncos on Replay tonight.

wayninja
12-14-2011, 03:34 PM
He’s sitting on the bench next to quarterback’s coach Adam Gase. “”Why do we have to do it this way?” Gase asks Tebow, referring to how the team is forced to continually rally from behind late.

Tebow smiles, put his right hand around Gase’s shoulder and says: “”It’s allright. We’ll figure it out, man.”

That pretty much sums up the entire forum.

Northman
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Love this:

Two cool moments: He’s sitting on the bench next to quarterback’s coach Adam Gase. “”Why do we have to do it this way?” Gase asks Tebow, referring to how the team is forced to continually rally from behind late.

Tebow smiles, put his right hand around Gase’s shoulder and says: “”It’s allright. We’ll figure it out, man.”

Another moment comes after Demaryius Thomas lets a long Tebow pass slip through his fingers. Thomas then, and later, said he short-armed the ball and he should have caught it for a touchdown. After the incompletion, a bummed Thomas is on the bench. Again Tebow is sitting to the left. Again, Tebow puts his arm around Thomas and says: “”You’re good. Hey, no big deal. It just makes it closer for a little bit longer. You’re about to catch the game-winner. And then you’ll be the hero of the game.”

camdisco24
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Can't wait to watch this. Just checked our DirectTV menu and it says it comes on at 9:30est right after the Broncos vs. Bears replay.

WTE
12-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I liked these three parts when Tebow was miked up...

After Tim Tebow threw an interception:

Tebow: Aw shucks!

After Tebow fumbled:

Tebow: Oh Sugar!

After tebow went three and out:

Tebow: Gosh Darn it! Oops. Sorry guys. That was uncalled for.

wayninja
12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I liked these three parts when Tebow was miked up...

Yeah, probably would have been a lot more interesting to hear the Mic'd up version of Brady and O'Brien after that dumb End zone pic when Brady lost his shit...

blamkin86
12-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Had it on the Comcast DVR since Sunday... although if memory serves it's actually before the game. Better get home and check.

camdisco24
12-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Need to correct myself a little, the reply right now at 8:00est also has Tebow Mic'd!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Just started

TebowsDen
12-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Did you hear what Tebow told Thomas? Tebow is an amazing teammate lol I would have been pissed AF!!!

wayninja
12-14-2011, 09:22 PM
OHHHH!!!! OHHHHH!!! OHHHH!!!!! I TOLD YOU TEBOW!!!! - J Johnson

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
And after the game in the lockerroom:

Coach Fox - AND WHAT'S BETTER THAN 5 & 0

Team - 6 & 0

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2011, 09:33 PM
They are showing a lot of TT now

wayninja
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
They are showing a lot of TT now

Yeah, they double-duty his Mic'd up time for both the replay and the Sound FX program.

I love how he is smiling on the sidelines even after bad stuff happens. That might rub some people the wrong way and Adam Gase appeared very frustruated as Tebow clapped him on the back and said "It's alright, we'll figure it out" with a smile on his face after fumbling the ball.

Hearing him sing "my god is a good god" or something like that while throwing in practice is just sorta surreal.

WTE
12-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Can I be an ass in this thread?

wayninja
12-14-2011, 09:44 PM

No, there is a smack forum for that.

BeefStew25
12-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Yeah, just be yourself.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2011, 09:45 PM

WHAT DO YOU THINK :rolleyes:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-14-2011, 09:48 PM

A little late to ask...

Kinda like asking if you can come over to my house while sitting at my kitchen table don't you think?

HORSEPOWER 56
12-14-2011, 09:51 PM
I know this is about Tebow being mic'd, but they had MJD just after and that lil' dude is a badass. I love me some pocket Hercules...

BORDERLINE
12-14-2011, 09:54 PM
That was DOPE. Love the attention Tebow brings to the Broncos.

Can you guys imagine having Orton mic'd up? LOL

camdisco24
12-14-2011, 09:58 PM
After watching Tebow mic'd up, I'm pretty sure he is on another planet during games. It's amazing how composed he is. When everyone was jumping up and down after the fumble in OT, you can hear Tebow singing "He came from heaven to earth, to show the way" as he calmly walks onto the field. :lol: horrid singing voice, but it was so cool to see.

WTE
12-14-2011, 09:58 PM
That was DOPE.

yeah!! And it was ball and it was juice!!

TT15Superman
12-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah, they double-duty his Mic'd up time for both the replay and the Sound FX program.

I love how he is smiling on the sidelines even after bad stuff happens. That might rub some people the wrong way and Adam Gase appeared very frustruated as Tebow clapped him on the back and said "It's alright, we'll figure it out" with a smile on his face after fumbling the ball.

Hearing him sing "my god is a good god" or something like that while throwing in practice is just sorta surreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsPGpCdQe8&feature=related

classic inspirational song

D1g1tal j1m
12-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Sound FX videos

part 1
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8250f44d/Sound-FX-Tim-Tebow
part 2
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d825100af/Sound-FX-Tim-Tebow-s-comeback

Online now on NFL.com

SoCalImport
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Wow. Tim Tebow is a character. I mean He's a Caricature. Impossible to not like him.

Thnikkaman
12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
are your Tom Brady Uggs comfortable?

BroncoStud
12-15-2011, 12:14 AM

And that would be different from all your other threads how?

getlynched47
12-15-2011, 12:57 AM
Did I seriously see Tim Tebow rub Adam Gase's shoulder? :doh:

wayninja
12-15-2011, 12:59 AM

Yeah, disappointing, I know. But it's PG-13 so that's all they'll show.

pikkiwoki
12-15-2011, 01:13 AM

The guy is so calm. He just threw an INT, and he's sitting there like he's in a lounge, kicking back with his buddy. :lol:

cmc0605
12-15-2011, 01:40 AM
I do wish Tebow would show a little bit more aggressive leadership, esp after the deep DT drop. I can't complain though, just a different philosophy. Excellent segment.

TimHippo
12-15-2011, 03:00 AM
The guy is so calm. He just threw an INT, and he's sitting there like he's in a lounge, kicking back with his buddy. :lol:

Reminds me of Joe Montana. How cool he was in pressure situations with the same kind of relaxed attitude.

BroncoBJ
12-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Love watching every time hes mic'd up. Love the quote to Demaryius that he had. A lot of Qb's would not even look or talk to thier WR after that or throw them under the bus. So its nice that he kept his head high. And love how he said it just means the game is closer for a little bit longer :lol:

Also I think My favorite was towards the end when he said we gotta quit waiting and we need to score now.

Crazy to think how we were once 1-4 and 2-5. My how things have changed. :elefant:

Bullgator
12-15-2011, 05:25 AM
So proud...

catfish
12-15-2011, 07:03 AM
surprisingly wasn't a fan of this...from what I recall Tebow has always been seen as a fiery guy on the sidelines...don't know if I like him cold as ice on the sideline, maybe it was just because he was doing poorly most of the game, but he is usually a guy who plays with emotion. Seeing him calm throughout the game was....disconcerting

JaxBroncoGirl
12-15-2011, 09:12 AM
I am going to throw this out here because I did read this in a local paper or heard it from a Gator Booster member.

While Tim Was a fire under the belly player during college, he did get in the way of the defensive coordinator, (He) did not like Tebow coming over to His side of the ball to Fire His Guys Up. There was some talk about it through the years.

Maybe his cool demeanor is something he has been working on as he has matured a bit and we see his Fire only when they score.....

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
surprisingly wasn't a fan of this...from what I recall Tebow has always been seen as a fiery guy on the sidelines...don't know if I like him cold as ice on the sideline, maybe it was just because he was doing poorly most of the game, but he is usually a guy who plays with emotion. Seeing him calm throughout the game was....disconcerting

I have a feeling that Tim is a little more animated in the locker room and on the field than he is on the sidelines. Remember, he's not wearing a "C" on his jersey yet and is probably trying to avoid coming on too strongly to the vets who do. That shows discipline and respect, IMO. He's more than just a rah-rah guy when he needs to be. He's also a calming influence that is displaying maturity and poise as seen in his conversations with Gase and Thomas. Sometimes the best thing you can do is keep everyone calm and focused.

There's no doubt the team believes in him and he's done a very good job of making it his team without getting in anyone's face. He's become more of an encourager than a fire everyone up type of leader. There was no reason for him to get "animated" about the pick, the fumble or the drops by his WRs. The second he shows frustration, it will immediately rub off on others. He stayed positive and that helped keep his teammates positive. Let the coaches "coach" players up after bad plays. The team just needs to believe they're never out of it and to shrug off bad plays so they can keep playing well.

catfish
12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
I have a feeling that Tim is a little more animated in the locker room and on the field than he is on the sidelines. Remember, he's not wearing a "C" on his jersey yet and is probably trying to avoid coming on too strongly to the vets who do. That shows discipline and respect, IMO. He's more than just a rah-rah guy when he needs to be. He's also a calming influence that is displaying maturity and poise as seen in his conversations with Gase and Thomas. Sometimes the best thing you can do is keep everyone calm and focused.

There's no doubt the team believes in him and he's done a very good job of making it his team without getting in anyone's face. He's become more of an encourager than a fire everyone up type of leader. There was no reason for him to get "animated" about the pick, the fumble or the drops by his WRs. The second he shows frustration, it will immediately rub off on others. He stayed positive and that helped keep his teammates positive. Let the coaches "coach" players up after bad plays. The team just needs to believe they're never out of it and to shrug off bad plays so they can keep playing well.

I sincerely hope that that is all that is going on, if that is the case ok, I was connecting the interview he did with Sharpe(??) where he looked a little ill to a different sideline demeanor change and thinking maybe pressure was getting to him. Hadn't looked at it in the light you and Jax pointed out

artie_dale
12-15-2011, 09:39 AM
It concerned me that he was way too cool on the sideline. Maybe it was because he knew he was mic'd up. I also didn't notice him looking at any photos after the 3 & outs and turnovers. I'm glad he can keep his cool and I'm not used to this calm an attitude when the team is losing, but he was right. He told D. Thomas he'd catch a TD and he did. I can't watch for this Sunday. In my FFB league, I'm in first place playing in the the first round of our playoffs and my opponent has Tom Brady. Best case senario, Broncos shut down Brady and we win and I go to the next round in my playoff. Worst case, Brady has a field day and I lose along with the team we love. Either way, I love the wins. GO BRONCOS!

Buff
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Our god is an awesome god...

lgenf
12-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I didn't think this micd up thing was good at all, he hardly said anything, it was a disappointment to me

Buff
12-15-2011, 10:03 AM
I didn't think this micd up thing was good at all, he hardly said anything, it was a disappointment to me

I sort of agree - Tebow behind-the-scenes isn't all that different than what we see regularly. Nothing earth shattering.

Lindsay Jones jokingly said she wants to hear Marcus Thomas mic'd up, but that they'd have to use more bleeps... I was hoping TT would drop a few MF'ers throughout the course of the game.

wayninja
12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
I sort of agree - Tebow behind-the-scenes isn't all that different than what we see regularly. Nothing earth shattering.

Lindsay Jones jokingly said she wants to hear Marcus Thomas mic'd up, but that they'd have to use more bleeps... I was hoping TT would drop a few MF'ers throughout the course of the game.

It sounded like he started to drop the F bomb after the fumble...