PDA

View Full Version : Best clutch player on the team

blamkin86
12-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Finally some recognition.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/prater-named-special-teams-player-of-the-week/

Way to go Matt.

Cugel
12-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Well, Von Miller deserves honorable mention for getting a sack and making a bunch of plays despite having his hand covered up in a cast so he couldn't even use his fingers. How he could tackle anybody with that arm is beyond me but he did.

lgenf
12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Well deserved award for Matt but T2 is the most clutch guy on the team right now

tebowtime5502
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
T2 is the most clutch player on the planet.

BroncoTech
12-13-2011, 07:13 PM
I think both kickers, our kicking game rocks.T2 could be a candidate if his receivers would catch the dang ball.

wayninja
12-13-2011, 07:29 PM
We had a bunch of guys step up to get that win. DJ pushing Barber out? The strip? Britton keeping Hester in check? The aforementioned FG kicking clinic and Tebow stepping up when it had to get done... there's clutchness to go around.

Canmore
12-13-2011, 07:46 PM
We had a bunch of guys step up to get that win. DJ pushing Barber out? The strip? Britton keeping Hester in check? The aforementioned FG kicking clinic and Tebow stepping up when it had to get done... there's clutchness to go around.

The Broncos are playing like a team. Offensively, defensively and special teams are all stepping up. You are 100% correct when you say that there is clutchness to go around. It seems like everywhere you look, someone is making a play. Team football like that gives you a realistic chance to win late in the season.

FireAce
12-13-2011, 08:32 PM
The entire team is clutch

Bullgator
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM

Don't forget the 2 sacks... he was the MVP of the game if not for Prater.

wayninja
12-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Don't forget the 2 sacks... he was the MVP of the game if not for Prater.

Well, sure, he definitely had a great game, but not sure I'd call the sacks 'clutch'. I'll take sacks any day of the week, but they didn't happen at that oh-so-right-time like the push out of bounds. That was clutch. A minor distinction, but one that's important here. We had guys step up and make plays when it was simply all on the line, and that's the definition of clutch.

battherastard
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
How about Dumervil for forcing the fumble in OT?

wayninja
12-13-2011, 11:00 PM
How about Dumervil for forcing the fumble in OT?

That wasn't Dumervil, that was Woodyard.

BCJ
12-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Well, Von Miller deserves honorable mention for getting a sack and making a bunch of plays despite having his hand covered up in a cast so he couldn't even use his fingers. How he could tackle anybody with that arm is beyond me but he did.

because #2 picks in the first round can do that shit with one hand. Hell, we had a WR that had only one good hand but "The Claw" ****** up that Raider game in the snow and ruined a great highlight of Al Wilson smacking down a Raider running back (Wheatley?).

We have had some clutch kickers like Elam, Tredwell, Karlis and now Prater. Our ST is 100% times better than what we have been feed in the recent past. It shows that Special Team is 1/3 of a game. Field position on tough 3 points wins you games.....especially for this team.

Joel
12-14-2011, 04:19 AM
because #2 picks in the first round can do that shit with one hand. Hell, we had a WR that had only one good hand but "The Claw" ****** up that Raider game in the snow and ruined a great highlight of Al Wilson smacking down a Raider running back (Wheatley?).

We have had some clutch kickers like Elam, Tredwell, Karlis and now Prater. Our ST is 100% times better than what we have been feed in the recent past. It shows that Special Team is 1/3 of a game. Field position on tough 3 points wins you games.....especially for this team.
Not to take anything away from any of them, because they were all fine kickers, but they'll probably never get as much recognition as otherwise simply because of WHERE they played. To whit:

Prater joined Mike Vanderjagt (Ind., at Den., 11/24/02) as the only players in NFL history to kick a 50+yard field goal with less than one minute remaining to force overtime and then go on to kick an overtime game-winning kick from 50+yards.
It should be noted thin air has little to do with most Elams records; hitting 995 out of 1000 PATs is impressive anywhere. I just hope Prater breaks the FG record in Denver before someone else does.
Meanwhile, congrats and thanks to him.

VonSackemMiller
12-14-2011, 04:57 AM
The entire team= clutch IMO. I love how guys all over the place are making plays when they need to be made. Barber was as good as gone untill woodyard comes out of nowhere with a nice swipe on that ball