PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Schedule

Fan in Exile
02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Jan 15: Deadline for underclassmen Players to declare for the draft
Jan 18: Deadline for underclassmen to withdraw application for early entry to NFL draft
Jan 24: Senior Bowl
Feb 1: Super Bowl XLIII, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Fla.
Feb 5: Beginning of period in which teams can designate franchise and transition players
Feb 8: AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, Honolulu, Hawaii
Feb 18: NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, Ind.
Feb 19: Deadline for designating franchise and transition players
Feb 24: Conclusion of NFL Scouting Combine
Feb 27: Free Agency starts, this includes:
- Deadline for submission of qualifying offers by clubs to their restricted free agents whose contracts have expired and to whom they desire to retain a right of first refusal/compensation
- Deadline for clubs to submit offer of minimum salary to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with fewer than three seasons of free agency credit whose contracts have expired
- Beginning of free-agent signing period (11 p.m. CST)
- Beginning of trade period (11 p.m. CST)
Mar 1st NFL teams must be under the cap
Mar 22-25: Annual owners meeting, Dana Point, Ca.
Apr: 2009 regular-season schedule announced
Apr 15: Deadline to sign restricted free agents to offer sheets
Apr 21: Deadline for old clubs to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.
Apr 25-26: NFL Draft, New York City, N.Y.
May 18-20: NFL Spring Meeting, Fort Lauderdale, Fl.
Jun 1:
- Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned unrestricted free agents to receive exclusive negotiating rights for rest of the season if player is not signed by another club by July 22
- Deadline for old clubs to send tender to unsigned restricted free agents or to extend qualifying offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights
Jun 15: Deadline for old clubs to withdraw original qualifying offer to unsigned restricted free agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by submitting tender of 110 percent of previous year's salary
Jun 28-Jul1: NFL Rookie Symposium
Jul 22:
- Trade Deadline for franchise players
- Deadline for unsigned RFA/ERFA to sign with new clubs
Aug 9: Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, Canton, OH
Aug 13-17:First preseason weekend
Aug: China Bowl: NE vs. SEA @ Beijing National Stadium, Beijing, China
Sept 1: Roster cutdown to maximum of 75 players
Sept 5: Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players
Sept 10-14: Kickoff Week

I wanted to get an off-season schedule going so that we would know when things are coming up. If you can fill in any of the blanks let me know otherwise I'll keep looking.

Grover
02-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Nice work on the schedule!

You need to add - "March 3rd - Denver Broncos announce signing of FA Julius Peppers, DE."

Fan in Exile
02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Nice work on the schedule!

You need to add - "March 3rd - Denver Broncos announce signing of FA Julius Peppers, DE."

That would be awesome

dogfish
02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
*looks at calendar*

*cries*

underrated29
02-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Sht. man, i am going to be in vegas for a hockey thing during the draft. This freaking blows. They better have tvs airing it.

Nice work by the way. Keep it up.

Fan in Exile
02-03-2009, 02:44 PM
This Thursday our off-season will begin to shape up as the tags are handed out.

broncofaninfla
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Sht. man, i am going to be in vegas for a hockey thing during the draft. This freaking blows. They better have tvs airing it.

Nice work by the way. Keep it up.

Not only will they air it, I'm guesing you can bet it as well.

dogfish
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
This Thursday our off-season will begin to shape up as the tags are handed out.

shouldn't affect us directly, but it will probably put to rest the speculation about at least a few of the big-name free agents, including potentially suggs or ray lewis, peppers and asomugha. . . .

Fan in Exile
02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
shouldn't affect us directly, but it will probably put to rest the speculation about at least a few of the big-name free agents, including potentially suggs or ray lewis, peppers and asomugha. . . .

that's what I'm talking about. We'll see who might shake free and who get's locked up. At least we'll start to see it happen.

Fan in Exile
02-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Bump because there's only a week until the combine.

underrated29
02-11-2009, 12:00 PM
woohoo. My hockey tourney got moved back one week. Now its may 1-3rd...I will get to see the draft in full--atleast the parts i want to that is.

Nomad
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Bump because there's only a week until the combine.

I would hope one of those nice MODS would "sticky" this thread here or move it to the draft forum and "sticky" this thread there! I forgot about the combine and as of right now, I'll have plenty of time to watch!