PDA

View Full Version : Fandom Update

lgenf
12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
It's so different just 1 year later, now that us Broncos/Gators fans got our way. Yes some of us were over the top, yes some of us could have been a little much to handle.

I know it can be a lot to stomach for a fan base so entrenched with elway, I get that, and in the middle of a McD meltdown of this team, the last thing most fans wanted was a new influx of crazed Tebow fans upsetting the balance and telling everyone in here that your savior has arrived and wait till you see what this kid can do, and I now he hadn't done it at the pro level yet, but omg did you not see what he did at college IN THE SEC!

I really can't imagine what that was like for most of you long term broncos fans to sit through for a year, of us begging for Tebow to get his chance..........but now, now that we do have T2 in there, and we have a team playing as a team, a team that refuses to believe the game is over until the refs pick up the ball and walk off the field, now that we have a coach that believes he can find ways to make this team better by playing to strengths of each player instead of forcing a philosophy and plan onto each player and making them fit his mold, now that this teams winning

It sure is nice to see the fans of this team understand where and where us gators came from in the beginning.

I am all aboard with this broncos team, I love sitting at the sports bar, cheering loudly in my broncos jersey and hat calling out players that NO ONE else in the bar knows when they make a good play. I love screaming Miller Time (ok some people know him now) and DOOOOOMMMMM! And when Champ breaks up a pass, yelling out you can't throw that crap against the Champ! Or yelling for Goodman, Dawkins etc when they do well. And god forbid Williams blows something up, a loud "DJ" can be heard across the bar from my area.

And when we r on offense and everyone knows who Tebow is but knot who he's throwing too and my wife and I are yelling at DT or Decker for the drops or great catches, or when its the Willis and willis show, or rosario making a Great sideline catch or fells trying to get his 1 catch every 3 games. It's really funny here in south fl, there are Tebow fans, but not many broncos fans, so if the game is on, then people might watch with interest to see how the kid does, but no one knows the team.

It was funny this week, when Woodyard stripped the ball from barber, some kids at a table near my wife and I asked who 52 was. They were in their domains gear, or pats gear, or eagles gear, but there were only 5 of us one the bar rocking the broncos gear, my wife and I, another couple her in 15 and him rocking the Quinn 9, I didn't even know we had those out there and some old dude rocking the 15 jersey proudly.

Anyways, I know most of you won't care about this update, some will call it a rant or just make fun, or post up something about cheesecake (I love cheesecake too) but what a difference a year makes, for a fan and a team.

weazel
12-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm not quite ready to throw the Hall of Fame jacket on him. I'll let you petition the league yourself

jsut a reminder... We were 6-0 with Orton at QB one time too.

CoachChaz
12-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Is this an autobiography exerpt or just a ploy to waste time?

BeefStew25
12-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Chaz, is Nate Irving going to be okay?

CoachChaz
12-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Chaz, is Nate Irving going to be okay?

I dont know Beef. We may have to spend some time consoling him in the off-season

weazel
12-13-2011, 12:46 PM
http://conpanna.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/raspberry.cheesecake.jpg

claymore
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I havent seen Broncos nation fired up like this since McD went 6-0.

BeefStew25
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I dont know Beef. We may have to spend some time consoling him in the off-season

DJ played out of his mind on Sunday. I had to ask Tubby who number 55 was.

DenBronx
12-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Good to see more Gator fans learning more about the team than just #15.

Buff
12-13-2011, 01:07 PM
You gator fans may have your Broncos citizenship, but you still can't run for president.

BeefStew25
12-13-2011, 01:09 PM
You gator fans may have your Broncos citizenship, but you still can't run for president.

Exactly. Run for governor and bone cleaning ladies, but stay the eff away from the White House!

SoCalImport
12-13-2011, 01:13 PM
I give you props Igenf for being the least annoying gators fan on the board.
:first:

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I give you props Igenf for being the least annoying gators fan on the board.
:first:

Catfish is offended by this statement.

BroncoJoe
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
I haven't really minded the influx of Tebow fans. Block out the annoying ones, enjoy the good ones.

lgenf
12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Not running for prez

Don't think tebs is going to the HOF (yet)

Just giving an update on fandom like the title says, some of us gators are making the transition

catfish
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Catfish is offended by this statement.

he can be least annoying, I will settle for best endowed :)

bcbronc
12-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey Ig, if Elway decides to go in a different direction at QB, will u still be rocking your orange and blue?

WTE
12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey Ig, if Elway decides to go in a different direction at QB, will u still be rocking your orange and blue?

Doubt it. If Tebow eventually plays for the Saskatchewan Roughriders Iggy will be donning moose antlers.

claymore
12-13-2011, 02:18 PM
doubt it. If tebow eventually plays for the saskatchewan roughriders iggy will be donning moose antlers.

lol

MileHighCrew
12-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Doubt it. If Tebow eventually plays for the Saskatchewan Roughriders Iggy will be donning moose antlers.

The Riders have nothing to do with Moose and they wear watermelon on their heads. http://www.whataboutwatermelon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Watermeloned-Rider-fans.jpg
It is easy enough to rip us Canadians and the CFL without making stuff up :salute:

weazel
12-13-2011, 02:26 PM
The Riders have nothing to do with Moose and they wear watermelon on their heads. http://www.whataboutwatermelon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Watermeloned-Rider-fans.jpg
It is easy enough to rip us Canadians and the CFL without making stuff up :salute:

yep... this country would be so much better if we just shipped off all the newfies and the saskabush's. Give them to the US and let them wear cheeseheads instead.

MileHighCrew
12-13-2011, 02:29 PM
and Quebec, I wouldn't be sad to say goodbye

slim
12-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Canadian on Canadian smack....gotta love it.

weazel
12-13-2011, 02:32 PM

lol, I was gonna say that too, but I didnt want to look like a french basher.

wayninja
12-13-2011, 02:48 PM
The gator fans turned Bronco fans have been fine. It's the Gator fans who staunchly proclaim that they are here for Tebow only who piss me off.

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 03:00 PM

I never would have known. You guys don't post with an accent.

bcbronc
12-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Lol at vthe fvcking ALbertans slagging other parts of our great country. I'd trade that shit hole of a province to the US for Vermont and Oregon in a heart beat.

MileHighCrew
12-13-2011, 03:06 PM

we are from Alberta, it is expected

MileHighCrew
12-13-2011, 03:07 PM
I never would have known. You guys don't post with an accent.

stuff it eh!! 'heard nuff aboot it from u!!!

slim
12-13-2011, 03:07 PM
The U.S. wouldn't trade shit for any province in Canada. I mean, if we really want it, we will just take it.

MileHighCrew
12-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Lol at vthe fvcking ALbertans slagging other parts of our great country. I'd trade that shit hole of a province to the US for Vermont and Oregon in a heart beat.

I own a house in Vernon, I have a claim to BC too.... LOL Alberta pays for the rest of this country. Still back hippie and enjoy our oil money

Thnikkaman
12-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Good read. Good to see that some people are ENJOYING the success, and not being paranoid about another shoe dropping.

And even if it does, it's been an exciting season.

DenBronx
12-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Not running for prez

Don't think tebs is going to the HOF (yet)

Just giving an update on fandom like the title says, some of us gators are making the transition

And it's refreshing to see to say the least. :salute:

he can be least annoying, I will settle for best endowed :)

That's TMI bro....T...M...I. :laugh:

lol @ moose antlers.

weazel
12-13-2011, 04:28 PM

lol I have nothing against BC. I have way too many relatives from there and spend too much time in the Fernie area to hate it. Some of the people are a complete waste but that can be said for anywhere

ShooterJM
12-13-2011, 05:03 PM
You know, with all the Canadian love flying around I feel as if at least one of you guys should mail a couple (5 or 10) boxes of cubans down to me.

weazel
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
You know, with all the Canadian love flying around I feel as if at least one of you guys should mail a couple (5 or 10) boxes of cubans down to me.

just order them man... straight to your door.

ShooterJM
12-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I'm joking. I'm on a nicaraguan kick right now AND I need a new humidor.

lgenf
12-13-2011, 06:10 PM

Lucky for both of us, we won't have to find out.

MileHighCrew
12-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I'm joking. I'm on a nicaraguan kick right now AND I need a new humidor.

I have a few at the house, but most American's want Tim Horton's Coffee.

MileHighCrew
12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
The U.S. wouldn't trade shit for any province in Canada. I mean, if we really want it, we will just take it.

Maybe but I know from serving with American's they might win but my friends to the south wouldn't look forward to the fight.

weazel
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
I have a few at the house, but most American's want Tim Horton's Coffee.

Im actually not a big fan of their coffee, but the worst coffee I've ever had was from a dunkn donuts... holy shit I cant believe people can drink that swill

weazel
12-13-2011, 07:50 PM

lmao... just letting you know that the guy your praising in your avatar was from Alberta.

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

bcbronc
12-13-2011, 09:03 PM
lmao... just letting you know that the guy your praising in your avatar was from Alberta.

yeah, so's Trevor Linden. Sometimes you've got to make sacrifices for the greater good. :D