PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Super Bowl Commercials

girler
02-02-2009, 12:02 AM
What did everyone think about the commercials this year? I was disappointed by a few, thought a few were downright stupid, but there were some that I thought were totally awesome! The ones I liked best were the Heroes one with John Elway (of course!); Mean Troy & coke zero; and Cash4gold with Ed McMahon and MC Hammer. Those totally made me laugh.

Here is a link (http://www.hulu.com/superbowl) to where you can find all the commercials and vote for your favorites.

I hated the "MacGruber" ones. :tsk:

NightTrainLayne
02-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Commercials were pretty poor this year. I was really disappointed, but have been for a few years now.

Definitely the Heroes ad with John Elway as a "super-hero" and the Cash4Gold.com commercial were the best.

Northman
02-02-2009, 10:07 AM
I liked the new E-trade one with the baby as a golfer (Shankopotamus, lol). As previously mentioned the John Elway/Super Hero one was great. I also liked the one with the woman who gets flowers in a box at work. That was awesome.

OB
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Def. Etrade - they showed some that didnt make it - during the previews at the movies

The 3D crap was LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3D was better back in the 70's what the hell - you'd think by know they would have gotten better not worse

Dr Velcro
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
The only one I got a kick out of was seeing a kuala getting punched in the face.

I'm shocked as sh*t we didn't see a Peyton Manning ad.

Thnikkaman
02-02-2009, 01:07 PM
I am so tired of the Clydesdale adds. That and water has more "drinkability" than bud light.

Thnikkaman
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I thought the Doritios Crystal ball add was good, as well as the Bridgestone Mr. Potato Head add.

OB
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
U8Ev5HgGACg

JPPT1974
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
After a few years, of weak commercials. This Super Bowl with a lot of them, really delivered!:elefant:

shank
02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
The only one I got a kick out of was seeing a kuala getting punched in the face.

I'm shocked as sh*t we didn't see a Peyton Manning ad.

qft. my drunken laughter echoed through the catacombs when that koala got cold-clocked

Magnificent Seven
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Check it out and watch all super bowl commericals if you missed some of them.

http://video.yahoo.com/network/100076996

Magnificent Seven
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Doritos- Best commerical.

gnomeflinger
02-02-2009, 05:36 PM
The crystal ball Doritoes and the John Elway were my favorites.

Broncospsycho77
02-02-2009, 05:46 PM
HIGHLIFE.

/thread

Thnikkaman
02-02-2009, 05:47 PM
HIGHLIFE.

/thread

Not everyone got to see those 1 second commercials.

Broncospsycho77
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Not everyone got to see those 1 second commercials.

Fine.

The Doritos Crystal Ball one was pretty funny (physical humor never fails), I kinda liked the "Forever Young" Pepsi commercial in a hokey, non-funny kind of way, and then the trailer for Year One was pretty funny with Jack Black and Michael Cera. Great combo there.

And the "shankopatomous" was the singular funniest part of the evening.

Thnikkaman
02-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Fine.

The Doritos Crystal Ball one was pretty funny (physical humor never fails), I kinda liked the "Forever Young" Pepsi commercial in a hokey, non-funny kind of way, and then the trailer for Year One was pretty funny with Jack Black and Michael Cera. Great combo there.

And the "shankopatomous" was the singular funniest part of the evening.

It pissed me off too since I wanted to see those 1 second commercials. I heard that those were only played in certain markets since they were bought on local tv time.

gnomeflinger
02-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm gonna have to re watch the commercials. I don't remember the koala one.

Slick
02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
I didn't even watch the superbowl.

aberdien
02-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I loved the Bob Dylan/Pepsi one.

The Doritos and Mr. Potato head ones were good too.

girler
02-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I loved the Bob Dylan/Pepsi one.

The Doritos and Mr. Potato head ones were good too.

I don't know why more rappers haven't covered Dylan. He is the grandfather of rap if you ask me. Maybe great grandfather- but he still is in the evolutionary scale there somewhere. :lol:

aberdien
02-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I don't know why more rappers haven't covered Dylan. He is the grandfather of rap if you ask me. Maybe great grandfather- but he still is in the evolutionary scale there somewhere. :lol:

Haha basically. Lyrics are all he's known and respected for and lyrics are a main part of rap.

I just thought the nostalgic feel of the whole commerical was great.

Lonestar
02-02-2009, 11:35 PM
I thought the doritos were the best and the potato head one what ever they were selling was good also..

So was it a good ad I do not know was laughing to hard to know..

I saw the cash for gold on and fast forwarded through it.. so perhaps sometime later i can get it.. As for the Elways ad I liked it also simply because it was John..

Lonestar
02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
I didn't even watch the Superbowl.

Missed a good game that could have easliy went south in the first half but the cards made a game out of it..

Requiem / The Dagda
02-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Haha basically. Lyrics are all he's known and respected for and lyrics are a main part of rap.

I just thought the nostalgic feel of the whole commerical was great.

I loved the commercial too, it was probably my favorite one -- but I disagree with your sentiments regarding the correlation to rap. There is a huge structural and inherent difference in the lyrics of rap and what Dylan did. Sure, some similarities exist -- but hip-hop's roots go back way further than Bob Dylan. Way back.

aberdien
02-03-2009, 12:16 AM
I loved the commercial too, it was probably my favorite one -- but I disagree with your sentiments regarding the correlation to rap. There is a huge structural and inherent difference in the lyrics of rap and what Dylan did. Sure, some similarities exist -- but hip-hop's roots go back way further than Bob Dylan. Way back.

Yeah, i'm not saying that he is one of the forefathers of hip hop or anything though. Sure, as far as sound and delivery goes it's nowhere close to rap, but Dylan's music is remembered because of the lyrics which is the most important element of hip-hop.

girler
02-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Here are the results (http://www.hulu.com/superbowl/results) of the Hulu contest for favorite commercial. My fav was #7. :tongue: Apparently I don't think like everyone else... :confused:

The Heroes commercial with Elway wasn't even in the top 20. :tsk:

Broncospsycho77
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I re-watched the other Etrade one. It has some great dialogue.

"What, I can't flex the golden pipes?"

JPPT1974
02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Loved the E-Trade Babies!:elefant: