PDA

View Full Version : Vic Lombardi's (@viclombardi) Jerry Maguire like rant - pouring his heart out

Tned
12-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Here are a couple snippets from what Vic Lombardi wrote last night and read on the air this morning, after getting into a heated exchange with Chad Brown last night on Twitter. It's a good read, be sure to click the link below to read the full piece.

I'm living proof that Tim Tebow inspires.

He inspired me to sit in front of my computer at half-past midnight and bang out a commentary that I'm normally too lazy and too disinterested to write. But enough is enough. I'm tired of people blaming the media for Tim Tebow's super-stardom. As if we created this machine. We purposely set out to destroy all that is bad by perpetuating the myth of a super-human who espouses all that is good. Yeah, like those of us who read tele-prompters for a living are actually smart enough to pull that off. Don't you realize, we're too dumb for that?

So last night, I tweet the following: "Coming up on CBS4 tonight at 10, wondering if Tebow's rubbing off on his teammates? Wait 'till you see all the Broncos active in the community tonight." Pretty harmless, I thought. We show athletes doing charity work almost every night. But in this case, Tebow helped draw a big crowd to Wesley Woodyard's charity event at the Denver Aquarium. We wanted to share that with the viewers.

My good friend Chad Brown, a former NFL linebacker, didn't like my approach. He felt "insulted" that I would suggest Tebow is the reason athletes are doing charity work when those same athletes have been doing that same work for years. Fair point. But this is where we agree to disagree...

Read full piece here: http://www.vicandgary.com/profiles/blogs/tim-tebow-inspires-vic

jhildebrand
12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
How about the kicker? Oh, so now you want to respect the kicker? Like it or not, this all starts with Tebow.

:lol:

Vic has a point.

I know where he is coming from. I can tell you the attacks the guy has probably had lobbed his way.

I can't tell you things I have been told/called because I have been calling for Tebow since last season-from family, neighbors, close friends no less.

In fact, the neighbor recently told me: "I can't believe this. I am still not ready to proclaim you were right even though I know I should. I just cant."

I only mention that because it highlights the Tebow debate. People dug in so hard and so definitively early on they just feel like they have to keep that position.

lgenf
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Good funny read

You can really see the broncos fans starting to see why the gators fans were the way we were when he came to this team.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-13-2011, 12:27 PM
I refuse to watch the local FOX sports roundtable, or whatever they call it, as Chad Brown, Reuben Droughns, Les Shapiro, and even Ron Zappolo are very critical of TT

DenBronx
12-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I refuse to watch the local FOX sports roundtable, or whatever they call it, as Chad Brown, Reuben Droughns, Les Shapiro, and even Ron Zappolo are very critical of TT

Reuben Droughns critical of people???

:pound:

Cugel
12-13-2011, 01:11 PM
:lol:

Vic has a point.

I know where he is coming from. I can tell you the attacks the guy has probably had lobbed his way.

I can't tell you things I have been told/called because I have been calling for Tebow since last season-from family, neighbors, close friends no less.

In fact, the neighbor recently told me: "I can't believe this. I am still not ready to proclaim you were right even though I know I should. I just cant."

I only mention that because it highlights the Tebow debate. People dug in so hard and so definitively early on they just feel like they have to keep that position.

I've criticized Tebow as much as anybody. But, it all comes down to PASSING ACCURACY. Tebow antagonists believed he couldn't make the grade because his throwing accuracy was HORRIBLE and there was no sign of improvement between the time he came here and his 4th start. NOW suddenly he's showing signs of life throwing from the pocket.

So, the jury is now out on Tebow. If he can continue to improve in the off-season as he has this season then he CAN be the QB of the future and maybe win a championship.

rcsodak
12-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Evidently, the media is only good at being critical of those on the right(eous).

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
12-13-2011, 01:24 PM
I've criticized Tebow as much as anybody. But, it all comes down to PASSING ACCURACY. Tebow antagonists believed he couldn't make the grade because his throwing accuracy was HORRIBLE and there was no sign of improvement between the time he came here and his 4th start. NOW suddenly he's showing signs of life throwing from the pocket.

So, the jury is now out on Tebow. If he can continue to improve in the off-season as he has this season then he CAN be the QB of the future and maybe win a championship.

Hmmmmm.....so maybe they DID give up on BVP to soon.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Reuben Droughns critical of people???

:pound:

That was my first thought too. He was like in the league for one hot second. :lol:

****, if are willing to give guys like that a job than i need to fill out an application.

wayninja
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Good article, well written. I don't know if I buy it all completely, but he makes some good points and I like his honesty.

catfish
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM

I dissagree with a lot of your posts for various reasons(mostly cause I buy in on Tebow to a ridiculous extent). However I will give you props on this one for conceding that there has been improvement and there is a possibility of a future. To many people are married to their first impressions on Tebow so thank you for keeping an open mind.(same goes for all the others who are keeping an open mind)

TT15Superman
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM

So, the jury is now out on Tebow. If he can continue to improve in the off-season as he has this season then he CAN be the QB of the future and maybe win a championship.Less Shapiro just stated on his show (yeah, yeah, I know...I'm just waiting for Romo to come on) that he is willing to concede that Tebow is a good QB IF he continues to win into next season. Until then, his eyes (and what he hears from those "football people" who support his position) does not allow him to concede that Tebow is the guy.

Basically a hater who will continue to eat crow until he sprouts feathers.

BigDaddyBronco
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I listened to that when I was driving out of Denver this morning. Gary was ripping into him and then didn't have much to say, pretty funny.

T.K.O.
12-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Dude's still only started 11 NFL games....he should improve a lot by next season:salute: