PDA

View Full Version : Tebow for MVP discussion

Dzone
12-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Just saw a poll on the denver post asking if Tebow should be NFL MVP. There has been much discussion of it in the media, as bizarre as that seems. 2/3rds of Denver Post voters are saying Yes. Are you Yea Or Nea on the idea of Tebow for MVP and why?:salute:

vettesplus
12-13-2011, 10:53 AM
no, as long as rogers is playing at the level he has been playing at, the best tt could do is runner up....

claymore
12-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Who would be worse if they had to switch to their backup QB? GB or DB?

Northman
12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Who would be worse if they had to switch to their backup QB? GB or DB?

We've already seen that with Flynn. The Packers almost dont even skip a beat when Rodgers goes out. The fact that Tebow turned around a 1-4 and put them in the playoff race along with the division lead is a no brainer. Tebow is the easy choice.

slim
12-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Is Tim more valuable to his team than Brady or Rodgers?

If Denver stick's with Orton all year, I think this is probably a 2-3 win team.

So yeah, I think he deserves to be in the discussion.

TXBRONC
12-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Tebow deserves mention and maybe in a different year he would be the odds on favorite but Rodgers is going to win it.

Slick
12-13-2011, 11:00 AM
If Tebow's cult following could vote, it would be a landslide.

claymore
12-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Is Tim more valuable to his team than Brady or Rodgers?

If Denver stick's with Orton all year, I think this is probably a 2-3 win team.

So yeah, I think he deserves to be in the discussion.

I think Tebow edges out Brady by a hair. NE sucks without Brady IMO. But, so do we, we know we suck with a bad ass backup (Orton). So... Its Tebow.

Rodgers should be Offensive player of the year though...

BORDERLINE
12-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Definitely TT would be in the running. But Rodgers is putting up Wins and Numbers

slim
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
I think Tebow edges out Brady by a hair. NE sucks without Brady IMO. But, so do we, we know we suck with a bad ass backup (Orton). So... Its Tebow.

Rodgers should be Offensive player of the year though...

I agree....comes down to Brady v. Tim.

GB is uber-talented and would likely be a playoff team without Rodgers. Can't say the same about Denver or NE.

claymore
12-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I agree....comes down to Brady v. Tim.

GB is uber-talented and would likely be a playoff team without Rodgers. Can't say the same about Denver or NE.

I cant blame Brady for chewing his OC ass last weekend either. Dude is singlehandedly winning games, he doesnt need a placeholdingno name OC who nobody cares about chewing his ass.

wayninja
12-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I love the kid, but I don't see him even in the top 5 discussion to be honest.

slim
12-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Haters still on the fence: wayninja.

J/K :welcome:

Ravage!!!
12-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Rodgers is having one of the best years in NFL history. Brees is right behind him. Brady is right behind him, and all three of them have BAD defenses. All three are on pace to break the long standing Marino record for yards passed in a season. Tebow isn't really a consideration

slim
12-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Rodgers is having one of the best years in NFL history. Brees is right behind him. Brady is right behind him, and all three of them have BAD defenses. All three are on pace to break the long standing Marino record for yards passed in a season. Tebow isn't really a consideration

It sounds like you are talking about offensive player of the year, not MVP.

Ravage!!!
12-13-2011, 11:24 AM
It sounds like you are talking about offensive player of the year, not MVP.

I am talking about MVP. I don't go by the "if the back up was in, how would they be" standard. If that were the case, Manning wins right now without discussion because thats the only one that has proof.

The MVP is a guy that is playing a season that could be the best the NFL has had since existence. Brees is playing at a level that isn't far behind.

I don't know how you vote your MVP, but I personally see it as the best player in the NFL. I don't think the "most important to their team" necessarily holds water, since we don't know how someone else would be. I don't believe for a MOMENT that GB would be very good without Rodgers, NO without Brees, nor NE without Brady. There is a reason their teams got better when they became QBs and have remained at the top since being there.

Tebow has played 7 games and hasn't performed nearly at the level of those guys. So I'm talking MVP.

Thnikkaman
12-13-2011, 11:25 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1212/pg2_e_tmq1213b_576.jpg

TimHippo
Honestly I think he might deserve MVP but for him to get MVP and get voted into the Pro Bowl this year would be strategically bad for him and just give more fuel for his critics.

I'd rather he stay under the radar when it comes to awards and have to earn it the hard way than for it to be handed to him too early.

MileHighCrew
Rogers got hit by a bus????

wayninja
12-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Haters still on the fence: wayninja.

J/K :welcome:

I know you were joking, but I was never a hater. I was at the very worst cautiously optimistic. I always thought he was better than he was being given credit for. And I think his stock will keep rising.

Having said that, he's simply not the MVP this year. Not really even close. I think Ravage hit the nail on the head above. I would honestly give it to MJD this year before Tebow.

slim
12-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I am talking about MVP. I don't go by the "if the back up was in, how would they be" standard. If that were the case, Manning wins right now without discussion because thats the only one that has proof.

The MVP is a guy that is playing a season that could be the best the NFL has had since existence. Brees is playing at a level that isn't far behind.

I don't know how you vote your MVP, but I personally see it as the best player in the NFL. I don't think the "most important to their team" necessarily holds water, since we don't know how someone else would be. I don't believe for a MOMENT that GB would be very good without Rodgers, NO without Brees, nor NE without Brady. There is a reason their teams got better when they became QBs and have remained at the top since being there.

Tebow has played 7 games and hasn't performed nearly at the level of those guys. So I'm talking MVP.

Well, I take it as the player that is most important to their team (I think that is why they have offensive/defensive player of the year awards, so there is a clear distinction).

I think GB is a good team without Rodgers. I don't think they would be 13-0, but good nonetheless. They are probably the closet thing to the 97-98 Broncos that I can remember (as you will recall, those teams didn't miss a beat with Bubby Brister at QB).

I think Brady IS the Patriots (same as Peyton is to Indy).

Ravage!!!
12-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Well, I take it as the player that is most important to their team (I think that is why they have offensive/defensive player of the year awards, so there is a clear distinction).

I think GB is a good team without Rodgers. I don't think they would be 13-0, but good nonetheless. They are probably the closet thing to the 97-98 Broncos that I can remember (as you will recall, those teams didn't miss a beat with Bubby Brister at QB).

I think Brady IS the Patriots (same as Peyton is to Indy).

Yeah. Its been a discussion for a long time as to "what exactly IS the MVP and its definition?" Which of course, causes the debates as to who gets it. Even if two people agree that its the "most important to the team"... those definitions themselves can have different "meanings" to the individuals.

Personally, I think the NFL MVP is for the best player in the NFL....otherwise the award is "Team" MVP.

You are probably right about GB. Afterall, Cassel won 11 games in NE following their 18-1 season.

Slick
12-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Most Valuable Player.

Poet
12-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Oh gawd....

Rodgers is having one of the best years that a quarterback has ever had on an undefeated team.

How many games did the Packers win with their backup quarterback?

claymore
12-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Oh gawd....

Rodgers is having one of the best years that a quarterback has ever had on an undefeated team.

How many games did the Packers win with their backup quarterback?

Well we only won 20% with ours. :drums:

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Honestly I think he might deserve MVP but for him to get MVP and get voted into the Pro Bowl this year would be strategically bad for him and just give more fuel for his critics.

I'd rather he stay under the radar when it comes to awards and have to earn it the hard way than for it to be handed to him too early.

I don't think anything Tebow does will ever be under the radar. Because people want to hear about it, it might be a bigger "story" if Tebow were to finish in the top 3 of the MVP balloting than it would who the winner of the award was. And that's because of Tebow's massive fan base.

If I had a vote:
1. Rodgers
2. Tebow
3. Brady
4. Brees.

BeefStew25
12-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Mo, you are starting to like TT a little, huh?

slim
12-13-2011, 11:59 AM

He will like whoever Merril Hoge tells him to like.

Poet
12-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Well we only won 20% with ours. :drums:

Acutally, wrong. Orton was your starter, Tebow was your backup, suck it trailer boy.

If you want to go by the best player route, Tebow isn't really in the conversation.

If you want to go by the vague description of 'valuable' in this case, I'd argue Peyton Manning.

If you want to go by another vague description of what 'valuable' means, I'd go with Rodgers. He's third or fourth in yards thrown, has 39 TD's with only six picks and plays on a team with a running game that depends on his passing and has an awful offensive line. He's running for his life a lot.

Rodgers goes out and wins the game. Tebow, a guy who I adore, and have been crushed on this site for liking before, does not win the game in the manner that Rodgers does. That's fine, he manages the game and then Denver works some play calling magic coupled with Tebow's unique skill set and Denver pulls off a miracle.

It's amazing. I ******* love Tim Tebow.

But Rodgers is going out there and ending games by first half and earlier in the year Tebow was throwing balls in the dirt.

slim
12-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Acutally, wrong. Orton was your starter, Tebow was your backup, suck it trailer boy.

If you want to go by the best player route, Tebow isn't really in the conversation.

If you want to go by the vague description of 'valuable' in this case, I'd argue Peyton Manning.

If you want to go by another vague description of what 'valuable' means, I'd go with Rodgers. He's third or fourth in yards thrown, has 39 TD's with only six picks and plays on a team with a running game that depends on his passing and has an awful offensive line. He's running for his life a lot.

Rodgers goes out and wins the game. Tebow, a guy who I adore, and have been crushed on this site for liking before, does not win the game in the manner that Rodgers does. That's fine, he manages the game and then Denver works some play calling magic coupled with Tebow's unique skill set and Denver pulls off a miracle.

It's amazing. I ******* love Tim Tebow.

But Rodgers is going out there and ending games by first half and earlier in the year Tebow was throwing balls in the dirt.

Your just pissed because Tebow > the ginger.

Poet
12-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Your just pissed because Tebow > the ginger.

I wouldn't trade Dalton straight up for Tebow.

dogfish
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM

MO was ready to give up his ass hymen when tebow hit decker down the sideline to start the game-tying drive. . .

wayninja
12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
MO was ready to give up his ass hymen when tebow hit decker down the sideline to start the game-tying drive. . .

LMAO @ ass hymen

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM

I do not understand this logic at all. If we use "valuable" (which I remind you IS the actual title of the award) you want to give it to the best player that's injured?

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 12:21 PM

I want to have Matt Prater's children.

And yes, I started thinking Tebow could be a quarterback in this league about four games ago. I still am not wondering if Britton (Dustin) Colquitt and Von Miller aren't more valuable to this team, though.

The receivers were flat bad this week.

Poet
12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I do not understand this logic at all. If we use "valuable" (which I remind you IS the actual title of the award) you want to give it to the best player that's injured?

The Colts are one of the worst teams in the history of the league without Manning.

With them they typically win 12 games, their division and are a legitimate threat in the playoffs.

I'm being obtuse on purpose to prove a point, Mo.

BroncoJoe

LMAO @ ass hymen

I was too. Mainly because he's already lost it...

:shocked:

slim
I wouldn't trade Dalton straight up for Tebow.

Neither would Mike Brown. Think on that for a minute.

Poet
12-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Neither would Mike Brown. Think on that for a minute.

Actually, because it would be the wrong move, Brown would probably swoop in on it and offer a first as well.

Cincinnati is trying to build a team in the scope of of New Orleans, Green Bay (sorta) or the Patriots.

Denver, at least now, is trying to build this traditional run first offense with a two-headed threat.

Trading those guys for each other basically would **** them over. Both teams have talent at WR, but it's a bad match.

slim
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Actually, because it would be the wrong move, Brown would probably swoop in on it and offer a first as well.

Cincinnati is trying to build a team in the scope of of New Orleans, Green Bay (sorta) or the Patriots.

Denver, at least now, is trying to build this traditional run first offense with a two-headed threat.

Trading those guys for each other basically would **** them over. Both teams have talent at WR, but it's a bad match.

Yeah, I wouldn't want Dalton anyway.

I would prefer the 2011 NFL MVP.

Poet
12-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want Dalton anyway.

I would prefer the 2011 NFL MVP.

I agree, I want Rodgers on my team every time.