PDA

View Full Version : Poor.....poor......

Clipworthy
12-13-2011, 04:08 AM
Brandon Lloyd

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h394/MethoSauRuS/lloyd-1.jpg

CrazyHorse
12-13-2011, 04:24 AM
He could have caught all those passes dropped by our receivers. It's really too bad he didn't want to be here. He just he wanted to pad his stats in a contract year. Something that (he thinks) wouldn't have happened with Tebow at QB. He deserves a crappy team like the Rams.

VonSackemMiller
12-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Glad hes gone, Is he at 30 catches yet so that 6th round pick can escalate to a 5th?

Clipworthy
12-13-2011, 04:35 AM
He could have caught all those passes dropped by our receivers. It's really too bad he didn't want to be here. He just he wanted to pad his stats in a contract year. Something that (he thinks) wouldn't have happened with Tebow at QB. He deserves a crappy team like the Rams.

Yeah, he deserves it, and he must be feeling turrible

threefolddead
12-13-2011, 07:48 AM
There oughta be a stat for dropped balls and the yardage they would have meant cause dammit if our reciever aren't breaking our ball for the first three quarters.

MasterShake
12-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Glad hes gone, Is he at 30 catches yet so that 6th round pick can escalate to a 5th?

Yeah he got that a few weeks ago.

B Lloyd is one of the few former players that left that I don't have a problem with. Sure, I'd love to have him now that I've seen Timmay throw a good deep ball but at the time it really looked like we were playing out the string and needed to build some draft picks. He didn't force his way out of town, and it made sense at the time for both him and the Broncos.

Jsteve01
12-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah he got that a few weeks ago.

B Lloyd is one of the few former players that left that I don't have a problem with. Sure, I'd love to have him now that I've seen Timmay throw a good deep ball but at the time it really looked like we were playing out the string and needed to build some draft picks. He didn't force his way out of town, and it made sense at the time for both him and the Broncos.

Just wish we'd gotten better value for him.

Mike
12-13-2011, 09:46 AM
I think it is awesome and a not-so-subtle reminder to people...be careful what you ask for.

SoCalImport
12-13-2011, 09:48 AM
don't understand the vitriol when it comes to Lloyd.
Honestly, guys. Did he piss in somebody's cornflakes? cuz near as I can tell he was professional right the way through his time with Denver, and a pro when it came to leaving Denver.

slim
12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Honestly, guys. Did he piss in somebody's cornflakes? cuz near as I can tell he was professional right the way through his time with Denver, and a pro when it came to leaving Denver.

He asked for a trade. That rubs some people the wrong way.

In other words, if you don't want to be a Bronco, then G.T.F.O.

Mike
12-13-2011, 09:50 AM

Liked him, would like him to still be here. He didn't want to be and so I am glad he got what he wanted...as we go 7-1 and in the playoff hunt.

Buff
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Listen, here's the reality with Lloyd:

He'd probably rather have a bigger contract at this stage in his career than win - and I don't really blame him. He is getting towards the end of his career and he needs to make as much money as he can while he can.

I don't have any animosity towards him - I just wish we could have gotten a little more than a 5th rounder for him.

Jsteve01
12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
well said buff. It's exactly the way I feel. If this were any other forum in life no one would blame a guy for positioning himself to make better money. I mean if I were to quit my job at 7 11 to get a job at Sunoco would anyone be angry with me?

slim
12-13-2011, 10:03 AM
well said buff. It's exactly the way I feel. If this were any other forum in life no one would blame a guy for positioning himself to make better money. I mean if I were to quit my job at 7 11 to get a job at Sunoco would anyone be angry with me?

It isn't any other forum in life.

Bronco fans have a lot invested (emotionally and financially) in this team. When a player says they no longer wish to a part of it, people take it personally.

I felt that way about Cutler. Not so much about Brandon, for some reason. Maybe because I thought Lloyd was really just a one year wonder :noidea:

Slick
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
He obviously wanted more money than the Broncos were willing to pony up. I would have liked to have seen him extended at a reasonable price because I doubt we get a player of his caliber with our 5th round pick. ...and we sure could use him right now. I bet there's a part of him that wishes he would have stayed here. Losing sucks.

However I can see where slim is coming from as well. I can't blame fans for not gushing over a guy who asked to be traded.

wayninja
12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I think he believed that sticking around with Timmy under center would mean his stats wouldn't look as impressive as they did last year. And he would have been right in the first few games. But seeing as though the best throw Timmy seems to make is that deep ball, he may have had more luck here with Tebow than St. Louis with Bradford.

Either way, Lloyd seems to me the type of guy that is always looking out for number 1.

camdisco24
12-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Either way, Lloyd seems to me the type of guy that is always looking out for number 1.

Absolutely. I have no hard feelings toward Lloyd but it is obvious he wanted out to suit his personal needs. He's not a win-with-team guy, he's a win-for-myself guy, who cares about the outcome, ect ect. IMO, I'm glad he's gone because I really don't want that kind of attitude on this team. We're seeing a lot of heart and a team truly being a TEAM right now, and I really don't think Lloyd would be contributing to that.

There's no need to hate the guy, especially since he's the one who's (probably) going to have to watch his former team make the playoffs while he sits on his couch as a forgotten one year wonder.

BORDERLINE
12-13-2011, 11:15 AM
IMO I don't think he is going to get that big time contract. Sure he will get a decent one not no veteran minimum but he won't get that BIG FITZGERALD money. WE could have kept him maybe at the end of the year he would have come around to staying for a long term and relatively average contract.

Who knows may be he sees the FA market this year and we can make an offer, Who knows

jhildebrand
12-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Listen, here's the reality with Lloyd:

He'd probably rather have a bigger contract at this stage in his career than win - and I don't really blame him. He is getting towards the end of his career and he needs to make as much money as he can while he can.

I don't have any animosity towards him - I just wish we could have gotten a little more than a 5th rounder for him.

Agreed. The guy was out of the league and about to sign on as a personality for the Big Ten network.

I don't have any animosity towards the guy. I do think keeping him would have resulted in a better comp pick but I don't think we'd win with his presence. He'd be too much of a malcontent in the LR.

The funny thing is, he could probably go off in St Louis and nobody would notice because of who they are and where they are. Had he stayed here and been a leader with a decent amount of catches, most of the pundits would have praised him more than they should, he would be in the spotlight, and it would probably be a bigger contract.

Oh well :noidea:

NightTerror218
12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
if we make it to the playoffs and do well, lloyd will be so pissed he demanded that trade.

SoCalImport
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
if we make it to the playoffs and do well, lloyd will be so pissed he demanded that trade.

did he "demand" a trade?
Players that demand a trade are usually willing to back that up by threatening to sit out or make it ugly in the media. Lloyd saw the team moving to a more conservative offense with an unproven QB and wanted to try playing his contract year somewhere else. He asked to be traded.
He wasn't seeing the ball much even with Orton so I don't blame him at all.

I'd rather have DT and Decker start anyway. Those guys will go Block for the run plays. Lloyd? I don't recall anyone claiming him to be selfless in the run game.

wayninja
12-13-2011, 02:27 PM
did he "demand" a trade?
Players that demand a trade are usually willing to back that up by threatening to sit out or make it ugly in the media. Lloyd saw the team moving to a more conservative offense with an unproven QB and wanted to try playing his contract year somewhere else. He asked to be traded.
He wasn't seeing the ball much even with Orton so I don't blame him at all.

I'd rather have DT and Decker start anyway. Those guys will go Block for the run plays. Lloyd? I don't recall anyone claiming him to be selfless in the run game.

I guess there is a distinction between 'asking' and 'demanding'... but as a head coach, is there really a large distinction? Did we just do Lloyd a favor because we are good buddies and this isn't a business? Ultimately, asking and demanding IMHO is the same thing, the only real difference is how you go about getting what you want...

I Eat Staples
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't have a problem with Lloyd, he wanted to get paid and we wouldn't pay him. I understand both sides and I'm glad we traded him.

It's pretty obvious that winning isn't a priority for him though.

BroncoJoe
12-13-2011, 04:24 PM
We got a 5th for a guy who was walking at the end of the year anyway.

Winning.

catfish
12-13-2011, 04:31 PM
It's like a breakup, even if you both agree it's for the best it makes it easier if you convince yourself she was a complete bitch

Buff
12-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Agreed. The guy was out of the league and about to sign on as a personality for the Big Ten network.

I don't have any animosity towards the guy. I do think keeping him would have resulted in a better comp pick but I don't think we'd win with his presence. He'd be too much of a malcontent in the LR.

The funny thing is, he could probably go off in St Louis and nobody would notice because of who they are and where they are. Had he stayed here and been a leader with a decent amount of catches, most of the pundits would have praised him more than they should, he would be in the spotlight, and it would probably be a bigger contract.

Oh well :noidea:

I think he improved his stock by leaving (or he certainly didn't hurt it anyway). He walked into St. Louis mid-season and immediately became their best option. I don't think scouts and front office types are going to overlook him because of the team he's playing for.

Cugel
12-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah, he deserves it, and he must be feeling turrible

He's going to be getting a new contract that will pay him top ten WR money. He'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

And once the Rams get rid of McMoron as their OC they will wake up and remember they still have Sam Bradford at QB. They'll be fine.

Ravage!!!
12-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I bet he doesn't get top 10 money, though

Buff
12-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I bet he doesn't get top 10 money, though

Well, duh... He's 30+ years old and only recently came into his own. And he doesn't have elite speed. You'd have a tough time making the case that he's a Top 10 talent.

But someone is going to reward him with a decent contract for his production, and I think he's earned it.