PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Spano (@BrandonSpano) calling a spade a spade - Tebow bashers in the media ignoring facts & entrenched in their bashing

Tned
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Worth listening to.

70NljD6XXZc

rcsodak
12-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Why?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
12-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Why?

It will be over your head, feel free to skip this thread. Don't want you to strain anything.

chazoe60
12-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Why?

You figure it out.

MOtorboat
12-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Interesting. Apparently McDaniels and McCoy devised this offense last year.

BORDERLINE
12-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Damn, The man is right for the most part. If it's true that Josh McDouche came up with all these plays for Teebs so he could be acknowledged as a Genius all I can say is HAHA.

Who knows if it would have ever worked with McD calling the shots. I'm just glad he's gone and we are better for IT that's for sure

Tned
12-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Interesting. Apparently McDaniels and McCoy devised this offense last year.

Yea, I found that interesting. It's consistent with them saying the didn't change the playbook for Tebow, just are using different parts. I don't think any of us believed it when Tebow and McCoy said it, but maybe it's true.

I guess it makes some sense, since last year where they used Tebow most was in goal line or Wild Horse type formations.

Tned
12-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Damn, The man is right for the most part. If it's true that Josh McDouche came up with all these plays for Teebs so he could be acknowledged as a Genius all I can say is HAHA.

Who knows if it would have ever worked with McD calling the shots. I'm just glad he's gone and we are better for IT that's for sure

While I think it's unlikely due to the London scandal and all the losing & questionable player moves, but if McD hadn't refused to play Tebow down the stretch, maybe he could have survived to coach one more year.

MOtorboat
12-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Yea, I found that interesting. It's consistent with them saying the didn't change the playbook for Tebow, just are using different parts. I don't think any of us believed it when Tebow and McCoy said it, but maybe it's true.

I guess it makes some sense, since last year where they used Tebow most was in goal line or Wild Horse type formations.

It makes sense the more I think about it. Clearly McDaniels was enamored with Tebow from the start, and planned on eventually using him, but there were obviously way too many other issues that stood in the way of that actually happening.

I know everyone hates McDaniels and thinks he's an idiot, but I would like to see him calling plays for Tebow just to see what he would do. McCoy just seems lost at times with mixing up play combinations and situational playcalling. Yesterday was better, but the receivers let him down.

BroncoJoe
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I hate McD with a passion.

That said, I still think he'll make a damn good coach when he grows up.

broncobryce
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
This man speaks the truth. I lost all respect for Schlereth, he's turned into ESPN's bitch boy.

Tned
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
It makes sense the more I think about it. Clearly McDaniels was enamored with Tebow from the start, and planned on eventually using him, but there were obviously way too many other issues that stood in the way of that actually happening.

I know everyone hates McDaniels and thinks he's an idiot, but I would like to see him calling plays for Tebow just to see what he would do. McCoy just seems lost at times with mixing up play combinations and situational playcalling. Yesterday was better, but the receivers let him down.

I hated most (not all) of his personnel moves (including most of his draft picks), and felt his youth and ego caused problems when he got in pissing contests with players, but I think he is a very smart football guy. Loved the changes he made in training camp, the enthusiasm on the sideline, etc.

I said early into the first season that odds were he would only last in Denver 2-3 years, but that experience would serve him well in his next head coaching gig. I still believe that and that he will likely eventually be a good head coach.

Northman
12-12-2011, 09:44 PM
McCoy has his issues but McDaniels would of been just as bad. Its easy to see in St. Louis that McDaniels wasnt what he was cracked up to be. Just another failed BB disciple that was vastly overrated.

getlynched47
12-12-2011, 09:47 PM
McCoy has his issues but McDaniels would of been just as bad. Its easy to see in St. Louis that McDaniels wasnt what he was cracked up to be. Just another failed BB disciple that was vastly overrated.

Like running a designed pass-play to Ryan Clady

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_faLRvFSNWBw/S9iLZ3vX6oI/AAAAAAAADV0/NoplMsveG1s/s1600/20100428__ryan-clady_broncos~p1.jpg

http://ph.cdn.photos.upi.com/collection/upi/dbc0aa6654f71fe3e007c64b9d0a94f5/-Broncos-Tackle-Clady-Upended-after-Catching-Illegal-Pass-in-Denver_8.jpg

Tned
12-12-2011, 09:50 PM
By the way, if you haven't done so, you should check out Spano's radio show. 8:00 MST each night. 1510 and 93.7 locally or you can stream at www.milehighsports.com.

TimHippo
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM

Doubt it. McDummy has way too many issues and suffers from napolean complex. I can't think of any young moron coach like him who has been successful later in life.

Also, Belicheck disciples in general have faired very poorly as headcoaches.

VonSackemMiller
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
i love this guy. great stuff

Thnikkaman
12-12-2011, 10:39 PM

indeed

TXBRONC
12-12-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm listening to Spano right now and Emory Hunt who gives us those previews for Denver games is on his show right now.

Tned
12-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm listening to Spano right now and Emory Hunt who gives us those previews for Denver games is on his show right now.

I didn't put those two together. He's the one that posts the videos each week?

Northman
12-12-2011, 11:17 PM
That was really fun to listen too. Dude went off and was 100% correct. The bit about Tebow not winning a SB was classic.

Tned
12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
That was really fun to listen too. Dude went off and was 100% correct. The bit about Tebow not winning a SB was classic.

It's not that wound up all the time, but he's been consistant on calling out the Tebow bashers in the media. He really has a fun/interesting radio show.

TXBRONC
12-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I didn't put those two together. He's the one that posts the videos each week?

Yes.

Tned
12-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Brandon Spano is on the air tonight at 8:00 MST. You can stream it at www.milehighsports.com

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 09:27 PM
I have a hard time listening to Spano. When I listen to sports radio I want to hear their opinion on what's going on, on the field, and it seems like every time I try to listen to him he's talking about other people's opinions rather than his opinions about what he sees on the field.

Tned
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
I have a hard time listening to Spano. When I listen to sports radio I want to hear their opinion on what's going on, on the field, and it seems like every time I try to listen to him he's talking about other people's opinions rather than his opinions about what he sees on the field.

Some of both. He and Dan spend a fair amount talking about what's happened on the field, along with having Lindsay Jones on weekly, some fantasy gurus, and getting more and more Broncos player interviews. However, he's also spent some time calling out people like Williams, Schlereth, Kreckman, Klatt, Les and others (most not by name, some by name) for their hypocrisy. Some of the crap they did early on which seemed VERY likely to be supporting the company line after the Orton trade failed, and now keeping their heels dug in and refusing to acknowledge ANY improvement by Tebow.

I'm not sure if you listen to some of the daytime radio, but 102.3 & 104.3 have guys in their later afternoon/drive time spots that won't budge from the fact that Tebow sucks, is nothing more than a RB playing QB (they said it long before Urlacher), hasn't improved at all, can't lead a team back from a double digit deficit because he can't pass (when he does, they give all credit to defense, special teams), etc.

So, right or wrong, and being somewhat the nature of radio, he's providing alternate views the the VAST majority of Denver media. If you think about it, it's very akin to something we see in traditional/political news (obviously won't go into details on that outside of P&R).

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 11:03 PM
I listened to Clough all night tonight. He's been completely rational about the situation. And has not said Tebow sucks, but he's been completely rational about where he is as a quarterback.

Haven't heard the hatred you're claiming on other Denver radio shows, either.

Tned
12-13-2011, 11:11 PM
I listened to Clough all night tonight. He's been completely rational about the situation. And has not said Tebow sucks, but he's been completely rational about where he is as a quarterback.

Haven't heard the hatred you're claiming on other Denver radio shows, either.

I don't think I used the word hatred.

However, if you listen to the afternoon/drive time Denver radio on 102.3/104.3, they continue to talk about how the team is winning for every reason other than Tebow, and essentially every game has been 55 horrible minutes and 5 good minutes.

MOtorboat
12-13-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't think I used the word hatred.

However, if you listen to the afternoon/drive time Denver radio on 102.3/104.3, they continue to talk about how the team is winning for every reason other than Tebow, and essentially every game has been 55 horrible minutes and 5 good minutes.

As fun as this has been, do you not remember how inept the offense has been until the last five or so minutes of these games?

I'm trying as hard as I can to get behind this, and I am, but every time I log on here, there's somebody making excuses for the first 55 minutes of the game.

This week, I'd put a lot of it on the receiving corp, but it is on all of the offense, ultimately. And it was downright pathetic for 55 minutes. Why should anyone sugar coat that?

During the Bears, Chargers, Chiefs, Dolphins and Jets games that's absolutely true. The Raiders and Vikings games, not as much. Tebow does, at some point, have to put together a solid, complete game.

Tned
12-14-2011, 01:20 AM
As fun as this has been, do you not remember how inept the offense has been until the last five or so minutes of these games?

I'm trying as hard as I can to get behind this, and I am, but every time I log on here, there's somebody making excuses for the first 55 minutes of the game.

This week, I'd put a lot of it on the receiving corp, but it is on all of the offense, ultimately. And it was downright pathetic for 55 minutes. Why should anyone sugar coat that?

During the Bears, Chargers, Chiefs, Dolphins and Jets games that's absolutely true. The Raiders and Vikings games, not as much. Tebow does, at some point, have to put together a solid, complete game.

Any you just summed up why you wouldn't have a problem with some of the Denver hosts (assuming you've even listened to the afternoon/drive time guys).

It's simply not reality to place all the blame on Tebow for the struggles, and it hasn't been 55 minutes of every game. You guys also seem to discount the fact that the Broncos went up against I think it was 3 top 15 defenses in the last five games, and the bears are a great defense that is out of the top 20 statistically.

This is a VERY young offense. McGahee is the only real vet, with I think Kuper next in his 5th or 6th year, and Clady in his fourth year, and Fells maybe in his 4th, 5th or 6th year. Most of the offense, line, WR's & QB are first or second year players, with a few 3rd or 4th year players, like Royal.

The coaches have talked about a whole series of problems with the "young" offense, which is also plain to see if you look at it objectively, which includes bad routes, dropped balls, missed blocking assignments, bad running decisions, and of course inconsistent play from the QB. Yet, some in the media and on here, want to ONLY focus on what Tebow has done wrong and make asinine statements like he's awful for 55 minutes and then plays good, or even great, for 5 minutes.