PDA

View Full Version : Goooo Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronco Bible
02-01-2009, 10:26 AM
I am so sick of Pittsburgh I could puke + I have never gotten over the afccg a few years ago...Champ makes that pick early it is a different game JMO.Could one our fine mods capitalize the "C" in cards

Gamechanger
02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
i'm rooting forthe cards because of Edge

BroncoJoe
02-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Call me crazy, but I think AZ can pull this game off. Pitt's defense is good, maybe the best in the league, but AZ's offense is damn good too. I call that a draw - no one can stop Fitzgerald, and Edge will get his yards.

AZ's defense is better than advertised - especially since the playoffs started and I just don't see Pitt scoring a ton of points.

Go Cards!

claymore
02-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Call me crazy, but I think AZ can pull this game off. Pitt's defense is good, maybe the best in the league, but AZ's offense is damn good too. I call that a draw - no one can stop Fitzgerald, and Edge will get his yards.

AZ's defense is better than advertised - especially since the playoffs started and I just don't see Pitt scoring a ton of points.

Go Cards!

Arizona's O matches up great with Pitts Defense. If Arizona can jump on them early, I dont think Pitt can catch up.

BroncoJoe
02-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Cutler picked them (AZ) during an interview the other day.

Bronco Bible
02-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks for fixing my mistake NTL, but my take on the SB is the Squealers have a plan for LF & AB...........but watch Breaston he will be the "X" factor and they will have to contend with the fact Warner has a quick release& loves to see th blitz.

Bronco Bible
02-01-2009, 10:53 AM
These guys remind me alot of the Colts team that won the SB a couple of years ago.....Good offense & the defense got hot at the right time.

topscribe
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
GO STEELERS!!

I'm sick of the Phoenix Cardinals pre-empting Broncos games on TV, as they
have done ever since they infested this area. I hope the tweety birds lose in
an embarrassing blowout.

-----

claymore
02-01-2009, 11:29 AM
GO STEELERS!!

I'm sick of the Phoenix Cardinals pre-empting Broncos games on TV, as they
have done ever since they infested this area. I hope the tweety birds lose in
an embarrassing blowout.

-----

I hated the Titans for the same reason! LMAO...

Bozo Jr.
02-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I hope the Cards take it to 'em. The Steelers were handed their last SB, and that wasn't pleasant to watch. I hope TP over runs every play, and gets pulled down by his hair. Sorry folks I just don't like the guy. Not Impressed!

LRtagger
02-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I hated the Titans for the same reason! LMAO...

Same reason I hate the Panthers :lol:

Broncolingus
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Hat's off to the Cards on a GREAT season and damn near pulling this one off tonight...

...boy, if only that defense of there's had ONE more stop left in the season...

Steelers looked like unprofessional, classless, gangsta, thugs tonight...

The scoreboard may have READ different, but Arizona was the 'best' team on that field tonight...

Overtime
02-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Steelers showed why they are Champs. Cardinals are a joke. and that obnoxious Kurt Warner fails again.

nice win Pittsburgh.

Gamechanger
02-02-2009, 01:29 AM
is someone bribing these refs? did one of them poon a moose or something?

congrats Steel City but Cards were shafted

oh yea if Cards woulda won, Dockett would have won MVP, hands down

and the Steelers reminds me of the Spurs, have a whole lot of championships but are boring as hell in the process.....

Overtime
02-02-2009, 03:02 AM
is someone bribing these refs? did one of them poon a moose or something?

congrats Steel City but Cards were shafted

oh yea if Cards woulda won, Dockett would have won MVP, hands down

and the Steelers reminds me of the Spurs, have a whole lot of championships but are boring as hell in the process.....

are you kidding me???

that was one of the better officiated games I've seen all season.

the only call i thought was bs, was the roughing the passer call on the Cards, cause the defender was about 1 step away when Roethlisberger released the ball, and couldn't stop in time.

the rest of the calls on both teams were right on the money.

Cards weren't shafted, they shot themselves in the foot....repeatedly. the holding calls killed them, the false starts killed them. just inexperience though. they've never been to the Super Bowl before this year, and it showed.

that game was as exciting as I've seen in recent years. Last year's game was a boring defensive struggle, and the NY G-string women got lucky at the last second.

the last great Super Bowl I last saw before tonight was the Pats vs Panthers...that was an exciting game.

skycoyote
02-02-2009, 04:58 AM
It was a terribly officiated game. One could tell Vegas owned this game. Very one sided.

Bronco Bible
02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I have noticeed that teams who play the Squealers can not play the same "rough" football........if they do they get called for roughing poor little helpless Ben........and all the while Pittsburgh's lb's are abusing KW:coffee:

topscribe
02-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Toward the end of the game, I couldn't help to begin sort of hoping the
tweetie birds would win, only because of Warner. He has always been a class
act, and another ring might have helped his cause for the HOF.

But, much as I dislike the Steelers (but not as much as the birds), I do admire
their brand of football, and I hope against hope that the Broncos return to it.
That is the way the Broncos once played it: smash-mouth, take no prisoners,
blood-ankle-deep football. If I want to watch civility and manners, I will watch
a golf or bowling tournament. This is football.

So, in the end, I am glad the Steelers won it. They are what football is all about.

-----

Bronco Bible
02-02-2009, 12:31 PM
But Top have you noticed if other teams (and I will exclude Baltimore) get penalized for playing the Steeler "brand" of football.

topscribe
02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
But Top have you noticed if other teams (and I will exclude Baltimore) get penalized for playing the Steeler "brand" of football.

I wasn't talking about the cheap shots a couple of them tend to do. Most of
them are just tough, hard-nosed players. I do not like "finesse" teams in
football. I like football players.

-----

WTE
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
are you kidding me???

that was one of the better officiated games I've seen all season.

the only call i thought was bs, was the roughing the passer call on the Cards, cause the defender was about 1 step away when Roethlisberger released the ball, and couldn't stop in time.

That roughing the passer call was ridiculous but the refs were calling everything. However, after Santonio caught the game winning TD he used the ball as a prop (salt shaker). That should have been a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff and could have completely changed the ending of the game.

Refs never fail to call excessive celebration. I wonder why they missed that one. At least be consistent.

Bozo Jr.
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
That roughing the passer call was ridiculous but the refs were calling everything. However, after Santonio caught the game winning TD he used the ball as a prop (salt shaker). That should have been a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff and could have completely changed the ending of the game.

Refs never fail to call excessive celebration. I wonder why they missed that one. At least be consistent.

That and Harrison should have been tossed from the game. I think that was the punter he was beating on.

WTE
02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
That and Harrison should have been tossed from the game. I think that was the punter he was beating on.

I don't know who he was beating on but he did take several punches and should have been tossed.

Also, I guess Santonio was trying to imitate Lebron James with the chalk before the game. I still have no clue was he wasn't flagged for using a prop. Earlier this year Patriots TE Ben Watson tucked a ball under his jersey as a salute to his pregnant wife. He received a 15 yard penalty and a big fine.

I don't understand why rules should change in the Super Bowl.

However, I thought it was a great game.

LRtagger
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
The guy Harrison was hitting was the Safety Francisco I think is his name.