Skacorica
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Turn it on if you can

Skacorica
12-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Highlights:

-feels like guys are believing
-believes they are still getting better at executing
-classic quote on switch from orton to tt: "ive never been on a winning team before so I'm all for it"

MileHighCrew
12-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Did he say he used slip em instead of stick em yesterday by accident????

LOL kidding I'm a fan of Decker

rcsodak
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
He's really disappeared the last couple games. It'd be nice if both he AND DT could have big games simultaneously.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

skins_fan82
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM
I didn't hear the Decker interview, but i heard Rome's opening comments. He had nothing but praise for young Timmay and the Broncos.

Tned
12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
He's really disappeared the last couple games. It'd be nice if both he AND DT could have big games simultaneously.

Decker's had a major case of the drops the last few games, that might be part of it, or it might be that he's been covered more as the leading TD guy in Denver.

claymore
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Decker's had a major case of the drops the last few games, that might be part of it, or it might be that he's been covered more as the leading TD guy in Denver.

Its all a part of the master plan guys. Decker will catch when he needs to.

Northman
12-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Im just glad DT turned it on when necessary. He had some bad drops early but late in the game he had a couple of very nice grabs as well.

rcsodak
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
RMoore is on Sirius NFL. He's very religious as well. PKirwin was kidding and asked when the prayer meeting was cuz he's now "a believer". RMoore answered "every thursday" around 4:30. Utter silence. :lol: Dont think the guys were expecting that.

Dreadnought
12-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Im just glad DT turned it on when necessary. He had some bad drops early but late in the game he had a couple of very nice grabs as well.

Both of them were very good from the 4th on - and they both sucked prior to that. DT and Decker have both had good to excellent games, but we'll need a Hell of a lot more reliability from them both going forward.

It is nice having big WR's who aren't afraid of getting their "hands dirty" in the run blocking game. They also aren't doosh WR's, which is refreshing...they just need to hang onto the damned ball though.

CoachChaz
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
If they'd catch it with their hands, they'd have a better shot. John needs to hire Rod to coach this crew

Nomad
12-12-2011, 03:54 PM
If they'd catch it with their hands, they'd have a better shot. John needs to hire Rod to coach this crew

I've been ranting about this all season. I believe receivers have gotten lazy and rely more on body catching than using the hands.

Too bad there isn't a breakdown in the league to see the percentage of dropped passes trying to body catch vs using the hands.

Skacorica
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I've been ranting about this all season. I believe receivers have gotten lazy and rely more on body catching than using the hands.

Too bad there isn't a breakdown in the league to see the percentage of dropped passes trying to body catch vs using the hands.

This is significantly more important with a left handed QB throwing the ball. The ball spirals the other way, which will absolutely affect catching it. If you are used to something that always turns counterclockwise coming at you, and suddenly its going clockwise, catching off your body is not going to work.

The WR should all be spending 2 hours a day with a left handed imitating throwing machine.

CoachChaz
12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
This is significantly more important with a left handed QB throwing the ball. The ball spirals the other way, which will absolutely affect catching it. If you are used to something that always turns counterclockwise coming at you, and suddenly its going clockwise, catching off your body is not going to work.

The WR should all be spending 2 hours a day with a left handed imitating throwing machine.

I dont buy this. I am not a professional receiver and my kids are not professional QB's. But my boys are football junkies and I cannot go a full week without them dragging me outside at least 3 times to work on skills and simply throw the ball around. One of my twin boys is right handed and the other is left handed. Both are very strong armed and were actually the prospects for the QB position on thei school team...if not for the fact they needed their size on the line, at TE and FB.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I could never in a million years tell you if the lefty or the righty was throwing the ball to me. Even more relevant...none of the kids they play with ever seem to have a problem with one or the other.

So, I find it hard to believe that a professional receiver has enough of an issue to cause as many drops as we've seen the last 8 weeks.

Skacorica
12-12-2011, 05:11 PM
I dont buy this. I am not a professional receiver and my kids are not professional QB's. But my boys are football junkies and I cannot go a full week without them dragging me outside at least 3 times to work on skills and simply throw the ball around. One of my twin boys is right handed and the other is left handed. Both are very strong armed and were actually the prospects for the QB position on thei school team...if not for the fact they needed their size on the line, at TE and FB.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I could never in a million years tell you if the lefty or the righty was throwing the ball to me. Even more relevant...none of the kids they play with ever seem to have a problem with one or the other.

So, I find it hard to believe that a professional receiver has enough of an issue to cause as many drops as we've seen the last 8 weeks.

Are they catching with their hands or body? There is a difference there, as well as speed/rotation.

Im not saying its the sole reason because obviously they are just not cutting it (DT coming out of his break with his hands backward!) but it may influence it.

wayninja
12-12-2011, 05:18 PM
This is significantly more important with a left handed QB throwing the ball. The ball spirals the other way, which will absolutely affect catching it.

No, no, that only happens in the southern hemisphere.

Skacorica
12-12-2011, 05:20 PM
No, no, that only happens in the southern hemisphere.

Ive always wanted to see the drain thing in the southern hemisphere. :beer:

Wonder if tornados go the other way as well.

WARHORSE
12-12-2011, 05:24 PM
WhooooOOOOAAAOOOOH! TEEEEEEEBOW!!

I would LOVE to hear the crowd chanting that in clutch time in Mile High.

NightTerror218
12-12-2011, 05:31 PM

i have seen too many bounces off arms/chest this season when its a lot pass away from CB.

NightTerror218
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
I would like to see our WR makes plays for the ball. Big question if we have one-on-one coverage can we throw it up to a WR and have him fight for it and win? I dont think so.

CoachChaz
12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Are they catching with their hands or body? There is a difference there, as well as speed/rotation.

Im not saying its the sole reason because obviously they are just not cutting it (DT coming out of his break with his hands backward!) but it may influence it.

Both. We always work with the kids to use their hands, but they're 13-14, so inevitably, they use their body from time to time. I just never see anyone have a problem with it. Just me

Cugel
12-12-2011, 07:23 PM

If the ******* had managed to hold onto the ball when Tebow hit him RIGHT ON THE HANDS the Broncos wouldn't have needed a "miracle comeback" to win.

I'm not forgiving Decker because he made a couple of nice catches late in the game. That stuff shouldn't have been necessary. Not every team is going to totally self-destruct and give the game away like the Bears you know. Sometime they are going to need to be able to actually SCORE in the first 3 QRs.

All I want to hear out of Decker is "are you going to look the ball right into your hands and make damn sure you catch it before you try to run next game?" I don't want any excuses for his drops. Hold onto the damn ball!

That goes for Thomas too. :coffee:

nevcraw
12-12-2011, 08:02 PM
They are both young and having a lot going on in their heads.. the play, their assignments, where's tebow etc.. etc. they will both the fine.. Both show the flashes to have skyscraper ceilings...