PDA

View Full Version : Hoge sees the light

NightTerror218
12-12-2011, 02:36 PM
He admits he was wrong about Tebow.....wow. I seriously never thought he would say it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/36914/podcast-merril-hoge-on-tim-tebow

Traveler
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
He admits he was wrong about Tebow.....wow. I seriously never thought he would say it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/36914/podcast-merril-hoge-on-tim-tebow

Probably scared Ditka was gonna whip his ass.:D

Nomad
12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
'BRONCO Time' needs to keep rolling/winning and get the critics on board.

Northman
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Its ok, if Tim ever has a bad game he will be quick to come back to his original thought process.

Nomad
12-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Its ok, if Tim ever has a bad game he will be quick to come back to his original thought process.

That's the thing, at least for this Sunday.....BRONCOS aren't supposed to win because NE is an elite team. Now God forbid the BRONCOS lose to the Bills and/or Chiefs.

BroncoStud
12-12-2011, 02:49 PM

Lmao, some of the comments on that pages towards Hoge are hilarious. "an old RB who has more fumbles than TDs..." - lol

TXBRONC
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Tned
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM
He hasn't really seen the light. He's sticking with the fact that Tebow doesn't have the skills to be a QB. Getting the most out of Tebow's limited skills, tribute to coaching staff & Tebow's working so hard.

A bunch of talk about life lessons, and how this is a good life lesson about working hard.

Teams don't know how to defend Tebow yet. They gave him too much time in the Broncos, breakdowns in secondary. Lack of discipline by defenses.

What he essentially has been saying, is similar to what Dilfer's said in recent weeks, which is that with Tebow, having traditional QB skills apparently aren't necessary. Dilfer has gone as far as to say that he's seen improvement in Tebow of late, at least at times in the game. Hoge is just saying it's a combination of the team around him believing in him and defenses collapsing.

It really isn't any turn around by Hoge, it's the equivalent of the backhanded slam of "he's a good running back" from Urlacher.

LTC Pain
12-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Hoge is blind in one eye and can't see out the other in terms of NFL analysis! I'd rather listen to Dennis Miller talk football!

Cugel
12-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Why are people so damn sensitive? "ooh! Some sportswriter said something mean about Tim Tebow!" Grrr! :rolleyes:

The proper response is "who cares?" And who cares if he repents.

And the answer is NOT to post threads about how wrong he is. :coffee:

TXBRONC
12-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Why are people so damn sensitive? "ooh! Some sportswriter said something mean about Tim Tebow!" Grrr! :rolleyes:

Analyzing a player's skills and saying he's doesn't have what it takes is one thing but personal attacks are unnecessary.

LTC Pain
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM

Why are you so sensitive about other's sensitivities? It's an opinion board and "the answer" is hardly ever what posters are searching for.

Tned
12-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Why are you so sensitive about other's sensitivities? It's an opinion board and "the answer" is hardly ever what posters are searching for.

Beat me do it.

+1

VonSackemMiller
12-13-2011, 01:50 AM
So it took hoge getting humiliated by ditka on tv to change his tune and not the tape?

Tned
12-13-2011, 07:57 AM
So it took hoge getting humiliated by ditka on tv to change his tune and not the tape?

Did you listen to it? He said pretty much the same thing Ditka ripped him for. Just worded it a little different.

TXBRONC
12-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Did you listen to it? He said pretty much the same thing Ditka ripped him for. Just worded it a little different.

Yep he's no convert.

Tned
12-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Yep he's no convert.

Just back handed compliments/slams. He's winning despite being a lousy QB. His only talent is getting those around him to believe they can win. That kind of stuff.

slim
12-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Just back handed compliments/slams. He's winning despite being a lousy QB. His only talent is getting those around him to believe they can win. That kind of stuff.

Baby steps, dent. Baby steps.

TXBRONC
12-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Which is crock to my way of things. I've heard analysts 10 times better than Hoge say that you can not hide a bad quarterback in any offense. The Vikings tried that for couple of years before Farve how did that work out for them?

I respect that all not analysts think Tebow has the skill set to win long term in the NFL but why guys like Hoge take what I think are personal shots I have respect that. Also the arguments that guys like Hoge are making as to why Denver keeps winning shows a complete lack objectivity.

NightTerror218
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Hoge eating crow

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825038a7/article/hoge-ive-been-wrong-on-a-lot-of-levels-about-tebow?module=HP11_headline_stack

TXBRONC
12-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Hoge eating crow

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825038a7/article/hoge-ive-been-wrong-on-a-lot-of-levels-about-tebow?module=HP11_headline_stack

I've heard the interview from Mike and Mike and he really isn't crow.

wayninja
12-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Hoge is blind in one eye and can't see out the other in terms of NFL analysis! I'd rather listen to Dennis Miller talk football!

Seriously? Am I the only one who like Dennis Miller on MNF? I thought he was hysterical....

Anyway, I'm sure Hoge is just trying to appease the rapid fanatics sending death threats...

TXBRONC
12-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Seriously? Am I the only one who like Dennis Miller on MNF? I thought he was hysterical....

Anyway, I'm sure Hoge is just trying to appease the rapid fanatics sending death threats...

I did too. He understands the game quite well.

BCJ
12-13-2011, 11:17 PM

Damn! Now we might lose since he was one of the last to realize he might be totally wrong on Tebow. I prefer he keeps hating and puts the goalposts out in Lot C or even Colfax overpass. Seems he had a different excuse every week.