PDA

View Full Version : John Elway: Broncos rallying around Tim Tebow

Denver Native (Carol)
12-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Still think John Elway​ isn't sold on Tim Tebow?

Speaking during his weekly radio show on 102.3 The Ticket, the Broncos' executive raved about Tebow's ability to inspire his teammates — especially late in games.

"Everyone believes that something good's going to happen," Elway said. "And, obviously, Tim's been the guy that's led that thinking. He's just such a strong believer. He's really got everyone else believing if you stay strong, stay positive, something good's going to happen.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19530123

to hear everything #7 said this morning:

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/page.php?page_id=59

Nomad
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Skip Bayless doesn't believe you:lol:

Dreadnought
12-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Skip Bayless doesn't believe you:lol:

Skip, Jagsbch, and Chef Zambini, to be complete about it.

BroncoStud
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Just think back to when Orton was the starter and the Broncos were 1-3...

Seems like years ago...

This has been a fun season. Almost miraculous up to this point.

Dreadnought
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM
"I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible with Tim this offseason and give him what I know, and be able to help him with the quarterback position," he said.

That sounds like a direct statement that TT will be here next year.

BroncoStud
12-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Dread, could you imagine the backlash this front office would suffer if they got rid of Tebow?

I think any QB would be set up for failure regardless. Tebow is here to stay, for better or worse, it's going to play itself out. Tebow's drastic improvement has tied Elway's hands.

rcsodak
12-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Anything to improve his trade value.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

A Rodgers
12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
So if Denver is going to keep Tebow for at least another year I assume they will continue to mold the offense to Tebow's strengths?

And if they do in fact mold it shouldn't they acquire another qb with a skill set similar to Tebows? Maybe someone like Eric Crouch? Maybe draft someone? If Tebow gets hurt that would really throw a monkey wrench into the whole plan wouldn't it?

Krugan
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM

It really only helps trade value if he "has" spent the summer working with John...

Dreadnought
12-12-2011, 03:21 PM

Nah, we're keeping him. We have flushed all of the incompetent coaches, gutless losers, and McDaniels chair sniffers from the roster after all, and the future looks bright again!

Joel
12-12-2011, 09:09 PM
So if Denver is going to keep Tebow for at least another year I assume they will continue to mold the offense to Tebow's strengths?

And if they do in fact mold it shouldn't they acquire another qb with a skill set similar to Tebows? Maybe someone like Eric Crouch? Maybe draft someone? If Tebow gets hurt that would really throw a monkey wrench into the whole plan wouldn't it?
I still think this would be a good idea, but we shouldn't lose our perspective: Tebow won the starting job by proving he CAN get it done as a passer, showing steady improvement every week and the desire as well as the ability to get better next week and next year. Any QB we acquire as his backup has will need similar, though not necessarily equal, qualities, in addition to being good with his feet. I don't expect many guys with high ceilings as both passers AND runners to be available at our draft position soon, and I don't think Elway and the coaches can afford to split time between improving Tebow and another young stud.

Consequently, I'd rather they went after a solid if not necessarily stellar vet like McNabb or Garrard as a backup the next year or two while they carefully seek out the long term backup to groom once Tebow is more of a finished product. I do think we have the opportunity for a very potent and versatile offense using a playbook full of designed QB runs AND passes, and therefore should not tie our hands by getting a backup who can only run half of it when Tebow is hurt. Note: When, not if; it's a professional physical league and everyone misses time sooner or later. Peyton Manning has had the best line in the game for a decade, but missed the entire season because of a preseason injury, despite running a lot less than Tebow.

Returning to topic:

"The transformation and the importance that he's had, by no means can you put a number on how important he's been to this team, but I'm going to quietly trade him for whatever I can get in the offseason, blow a first round pick at #20+ on whatever QB I can find, then enter the Witness Protection Program before Denvers fans catch me."

I mean, seriously, can ANYONE honestly believe Elway and the FO aren't committed to Tebow starting next year? As well as he's playing with one off season (last year) and a handful of starts before taking over a team in a tailspin a month ago, is there any reason they WOULDN'T sell out on developing him into a bona fide star who throws as well as he runs? When he has the vision and mental game speed all young QBs lack he'll be a terror, because the range and accuracy are already plenty good enough. And he'll STILL be able to stiff arm a LB and run 30 yards for a TD.

BroncoBJ
12-12-2011, 11:08 PM

Hes planning on spending a lot of time with Tebow, but hes planning on spending even more time on Luck :lol:

But yea, crazy how this season went from just try to win a few games, to now were in the playoff scenerios with 3 weeks left and leading our division. I think Tim has done enough to be the starter next year. We'll see what happens.

FlyByU
12-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Nah, we're keeping him. We have flushed all of the incompetent coaches, gutless losers, and McDaniels chair sniffers from the roster after all, and the future looks bright again!

Not quite all the losers I still don't like McCoy around he needs to go...