PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous.

UnderArmour
12-12-2011, 11:19 AM
I really don't understand what the hell is going on anymore. The Miami game? Okay. Miraculous things can happen once. Miracle onside kick recovery, strip sack by DJ Williams in overtime. Miami had no answer for our fourth quarter hurry up spread with Tebow at quarterback.

The Raiders game? Okay. I understood that. We played them close the first time and then when we played them again they had no answer for our read-option. The Chiefs game? Chiefs are on the decline this year and have no safeties so they couldn't stop our running attack. Fair enough. The Jets game? Okay. We have momentum, we're playing at home. Jets were playing ultra conservatively and didn't trust their quarterback at all and even if they did, our defense still could have stopped them. Tebow beat them with his legs legitimately, fair enough with the fourth quarter magic.

But here is where it starts to get ridiculous:
San Diego. Nothing going right for us on offense. We continually have to punt the ball away. Fourth quarter, drive down the field. Tebow breaks free, field goal to tie the game when it absolutely has to happen. Overtime we look like we're going to lose with the Chargers in position. Von Miller tackles Tolbert for a loss, they miss. We go on to win the game. Minnesota game, we get destroyed by Percy Harvin. Not only do we drive down late to tie the game, Andre Goodman picks off Ponder to win the game in the fourth quarter. Okay, fair enough, this is team that we probably should have beaten by more than we did so we had a chance to come back late. Nothing too miraculous in this game.

Which leads us to: Chicago. Their defense demolished us. Absolutely destroyed us. We had nothing for them. Could not run the ball. Receivers dropping passes ridiculously. They used Minnesota's script except they have elite linebackers and Julius Peppers to kill our running attack. They even BLOCK a field goal after we call a freaking time out. Our safeties blew tackles to let Marion Barber score. We were down 10-0 with under 4 minutes to play. We really could have been shut out. Fourth quarter, we've been stuffed all game by an elite Bears defense. Game over, right?

Tebow somehow drives down the field but we have to get the onside kick to stay in the game, right? Ball is in the air, we had a chance, but we miss the onside kick. All hope is seemingly lost. Surely game over, right?

Marion Barber miraculously bounces outside and gets forced out of bounds. Still though, we have to drive down the field with little clock to work with against a Bears defense that stopped us all day. No way, game over, right?

Tebow drives the ball down the field to get Prater into range for a 59 yard field goal. The Bears stop us from getting any closer, no way the kicker can make this field goal under this kind of pressure can he? We got a 29 yarder blocked earlier so surely Peppers is good for another block to end it right? Game over, right?

Prater miraculously nails a field goal. The stadium goes insane. But we lose the coin toss. Momentum is on our side but the Bears are driving down the field and even get into field goal range, taking our defense by surprise with aggressive play calling. Game over, right?

Barber breaks free on a run and it seems like he's going to score... Game over right? The ball is loose and we recover. We drive down and win the game. I still can't believe what happened. That game was ridiculous. Of all of the comebacks, this one is the most unbelievable. The Bears defense even had us in a position where we lost, leaving us with a 59 yard attempt and we still win. This season is ridiculous. Everything is ridiculous. I don't understand what the heck is going on at all, but this is one hell of a season after starting 1-4. Still though, can we beat a team in the 3rd quarter for once? Broncos fans everywhere are going to go into cardiac arrest at some point if this keeps happening or other teams fans are going to.

7-1 as a starter all in the fourth quarter? Am I in a coma or something or is this really happening?

BORDERLINE
12-12-2011, 11:22 AM
This Is Real buddy!!!!!!!!

I swear this TEAM is Playing Their HEARTS OUT and when you play with HEART and never give up GREAT Things happen.

MileHighCrew
12-12-2011, 11:24 AM
No matter what happens going forward we will look back at this run for years to come as Broncos fans and say remember when...

Nomad
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Watching the 'Polar Express' with my kids the other day......this is a similiar situation because we're riding the 'BRONCO Express' and you gotta believe.

CoachChaz
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM
It's happening...but unless Tebow truly has God on speed dial, these bounces will eventually stop going our way and it will get ugly.

rcsodak
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Maybe theyll draft a qb to play the 1st half and then let TT come in after HT to hold the lead/win late.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

slim
12-12-2011, 11:44 AM
It's happening...but unless Tebow truly has God on speed dial, these bounces will eventually stop going our way and it will get ugly.

You capitalized "God"....Tim has nearly converted you, I see.

GB2.

TT15Superman
12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
The problem with OP's assessment is...good teams take advantage of other team's mistakes. They are mentally tough. Ala Tiger Woods (when he was whoring around). Ala Bjorn Borg.

The teams that lost the close games to us are not as mentally tough...players to coaches. When you let up, Tim Tebow, the Broncos players, and the Broncos coaches are gonna hurt you.

UnderArmour
12-12-2011, 11:58 AM
The problem with OP's assessment is...good teams take advantage of other team's mistakes. They are mentally tough. Ala Tiger Woods (when he was whoring around). Ala Bjorn Borg.

The teams that lost the close games to us are not as mentally tough...players to coaches. When you let up, Tim Tebow, the Broncos players, and the Broncos coaches are gonna hurt you.

None of the teams we've come back on have let up, that's what makes this so miraculous. We just make go our way or good things start to miraculously happen for us when the clock is about to turn midnight on us. Not a single team we've played has let up on us.

wayninja
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM
You capitalized "God"....Tim has nearly converted you, I see.

GB2.

You are supposed to capitalize proper nouns, that doesn't imply faith.

Having said that, the Broncos will crush all under the heel of divine football providence.

OrangeHoof
12-12-2011, 12:09 PM
David needed only a slingshot and prayer. Tebow needs only the final minutes of the 4th quarter and prayer and possibly OT.

Once you understand that, everything else is possible.

OrangeHoof
12-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Someone on another board explained it this way:

"Ever since Notre Dame invited Obama to speak at their commencement, God's been looking around for a new team to root for."

slim
12-12-2011, 12:12 PM
You are supposed to capitalize proper nouns, that doesn't imply faith.

Having said that, the Broncos will crush all under the heel of divine football providence.

It was a big step for Coach and I am proud of him.

Buff, it's your turn.

GB2.

BroncoStud
12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe theyll draft a qb to play the 1st half and then let TT come in after HT to hold the lead/win late.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Hey your HC just got fired... Are Josh McDaniels and your boy Kyle Orton about to be reunited in KC??

Might make for an inetersting 2012.

Northman
12-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Oh, its happening and im LOVING every minute of it. We may lose a game or few down the road who knows but im not worried about "what ifs" right now.

Nomad
12-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Oh, its happening and im LOVING every minute of it. We may lose a game or few down the road who knows but im not worried about "what ifs" right now.

BRONCOS have won the games with heart, talent, and may be lucky for now or whatever people want to call it but the good thing is they have room to improve and we're at a point no one expected the BRONCOS to be.....so enjoy the ride.

Northman
12-12-2011, 12:32 PM
BRONCOS have won the games with heart, talent, and may be lucky for now or whatever people want to call it but the good thing is they have room to improve and we're at a point no one expected the BRONCOS to be.....so enjoy the ride.

Exactly.

I am as cautious as the next guy but damn, we are already 4 games better than we were last year with an "actual" chance at the playoffs. Something that McDoufus couldnt achieve.